Famous Quotes About Surgeons By John Hunter
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Surgeons By John Hunter.
Top Quotes About Surgeons By John Hunter
1. "And as John F. Kennedy described the ideals behind what would become the Peace Corps, he issued a challenge to the students who had assembled in Ann Arbor on that October night: "on your willingness to contribute part of your life to this country," he said, will depend the answer whether a free society can compete. I think it can," he said."
Author: Barack Obama
2. "I had such a good time working with John Woo and John Travolta, and it was so professional. I want to work with people who are real professionals."
Author: Christian Slater
3. "In his suicide note, Kurt Cobain wrote, "It's better to burn out than to fade away." He was quoting a Neil Young song about Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols. When I was twenty-four, I interviewed John Lennon. I asked him about this sentiment, one that pervades rock and roll. He took strong, outraged exception to it. "It's better to fade away like an old soldier than to burn out, " he said. "I worship people who survive. I'll take the living and the healthy."
Author: David Sheff
4. "She tried to ignore the fact that the dazzling, colourful world John had opened up for her had suddenly switched back to grey."
Author: Eleanor Prescott
5. "Across from her, Hunter devoured her meal even more completely than she had. Sinclair watched her sink sharp teeth into the chicken bone, heard it snap, then the soft grunt of satisfaction. She made soft sucking sounds then emptied her mouth of the tiny ground up remains on a corner of her dish. Hunter ate with rabbit-like intensity, biting and sucking and spitting in an even rhythm until all that was left on the plate was a small brown and beige pile of ground bones. She finally looked up and caught Sinclair staring."
Author: Fiona Zedde
6. "The time for politics and party loyalty is over. Do your own homework. If you just take the administration's word for it (or John McCain or John Boehner or Lindsey Graham's for that matter) that it's ‘slam dunk' case, I believe you are part of the problem. Likewise, if you are against it just because I said so but you really don't know why – you are part of the problem too. You are stopping, dare I say it – progress. If we continue to allow others to dictate our thinking then we deserve what we reap. But the innocent people who will suffer in the Middle East do not."
Author: Glenn Beck
7. "There were nauseous musical instruments, stringed, grass, and wood-wind, on which St. John and I sometimes produced dissonances of exquisite morbidity and cacodaemoniacal ghastliness..."
Author: H.P. Lovecraft
8. "I carry my iPod everywhere. My favorite group is the John Butler Trio, an Australian jam band. The lead singer and guitarist writes amazing lyrics."
Author: Hope Solo
9. "Monkey John looked at the dead boy. "By God, life is cheap up here on the goddamned Canadian River.""Cheap," Blue Duck answered. "And it might get cheaper."
Author: Larry McMurtry
10. "The main reason I became a teacher is that I like being the first one to introduce kids to words and music and people and numbers and concepts and idea that they have never heard about or thought about before. I like being the first one to tell them about Long John Silver and negative numbers and Beethoven and alliteration and "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" and similes and right angles and Ebenezer Scrooge. . . Just think about what you know today. You read. You write. You work with numbers. You solve problems. We take all these things for granted. But of course you haven't always read. You haven't always known how to write. You weren't born knowing how to subtract 199 from 600. Someone showed you. There was a moment when you moved from not knowing to knowing, from not understanding to understanding. That's why I became a teacher."
Author: Phillip Done
11. "I've been semi-successful. I've done all right but I'm not the player I was. Who do I think will win the world championship? John Higgins. Have I been good for snooker? I don't know."
Author: Ronnie O'Sullivan
12. "This is not a choice. I either choose not to become a Hunter and get killed in some hideous manner or I choose to become a Hunter and get killed in some hideous manner."
Author: Sarah Alderson
13. "John, watching in dismay, saw his great chance slipping through his fingers, and he swung around to demand of his father, "Papa, does this mean Richard has bested you and Aquitaine is lost?" Eleanor winced, Geoffrey rolled his eyes, and Henry gave his youngest a look John had never gotten from him before. "My life would have been much more peaceful if I'd had only daughters," he snapped. "As for Aquitaine, it is yours if you can take it."
Author: Sharon Kay Penman
14. "I want John Legend to sing at my wedding."
Author: Sloane Stephens
15. "Neither Pagan nor Mahamedan nor Jew ought to be excluded from the civil rights of the Commonwealth because of his religion. -quoting John Locke's argument."
Author: Thomas Jefferson
16. "The nature of the beast is that film is a director's medium. It's not a Tracy Letts play, it's a John Wells film. 'August: Osage County,' as a play, is done. Written. On the shelf. It'll be performed in its entirety for years."
Author: Tracy Letts
Quotes About Surgeons By John Hunter Pictures