Famous Quotes About Sweet Red Wine
Browse 6 famous quotes and sayings about Sweet Red Wine.
Top Quotes About Sweet Red Wine
1. "Less reliable tales also reached his ears, of a dwarf witch who haunted a hill in the riverlands, and a dwarf whore in King's Landing renowned for coupling with dogs. His own sweet sister had told him of the last, even offering to find him a bitch in heat if he cared to try it out. When he asked politely if she were referring to herself, Cersei had thrown a cup of wine in his face."
Author: George R.R. Martin
2. "You love Robert, not me. You don't love Lord Stuffy, so I tried to be like Robert."The sweet idiot! She felt like weeping again. She began to protest, but he cut her off."I don't drink and I don't gamble and I don't have a mistress. I'm dull. You told me so, the first time we met. So I tried to change." He frowned. "Not the mistress. I'll never do that.""Good," she whispered."I'm trying to be like Robert, but I'm no good at it. I drank wine. And brandy, lots of it. I didn't like it and it made me sick. I played hazard and I lost." He looked momentarily cheerful and her heart sank. "But I didn't like that either. If I was a real man like Mr. Fox, or Robert, I'd have lost thousands."The sadder he looked, the more her heart ached, a happy ache."I failed you, Caro. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'll always be Lord Stuffy," he said, and closed his tortured, bloodshot eyes."
Author: Miranda Neville
3. "And her sweet red lips on these lips of mineBurned like the ruby fire setIn the swinging lamp of a crimson shrine,Or the bleeding wounds of the pomegranate,Or the heart of the lotus drenched and wetWith the spilt-out blood of the rose-red wine."
Author: Oscar Wilde
4. "The most racking pangs succeeded: a grinding in the bones, deadly nausea, and a horror of the spirit that cannot be exceeded at the hour of birth or death. Then these agonies began swiftly to subside, and I came to myself as if out of a great sickness. There was something strange in my sensations, something indescribably sweet. I felt younger, lighter, happier in body; within I was conscious of a heady recklessness, a current of disordered sensual images running like a millrace in my fancy, a solution of the bonds of obligation, an unknown but innocent freedom of the soul. I knew myself, at the first breath of this new life, to be more wicked, tenfold more wicked, sold a slave to my original evil and the thought, in that moment, braced and delighted me like wine."
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
5. "Suddenly the drunken sweetheart appeared out of my door.She drank a cup of ruby wine and sat by my side.Seeing and holding the lockets of her hairMy face became all eyes, and my eyes all hands."
6. "You'll definitely find one or two of the maids walking about tomorrow morning with their hands over their eyes for fear they'll see the wrong man before they meet up with their sweethearts." He gestured to Gabe. "That joker there likes to ask them to pick something up, just to see if they can do it with their eyes closed. He's a devil that way.""It serves them right to be thwarted if they're foolish enough to participate in such a ridiculous superstition." Mrs. Plumtree said with a snort. "I'd never let any of my servants do it. It smacks of country ignorance.""I think it's romantic," Celia said dreamily. "You let Fate choose your mate. The stars align, and suddenly you're confronted with the man of your dreams.""Or the man of your nightmares," Maria bit out, thinking of how Fate had thrown her into Oliver's power a week ago. "Fate can be rather fickle in that respect, if you ask me. I wouldn't trust Fate with my future."Minerva eyed her over her glass of wine. "Probably a wise policy."
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
Quotes About Sweet Red Wine Pictures