Famous Quotes About Synagogues
Browse 9 famous quotes and sayings about Synagogues.
Top Quotes About Synagogues
1. "Tzedakah is different than charity. Charity comes from the word charitus, which means heart. Tzedakah comes from the word tzedek, which means justice, so when you are giving tzedakah, you are not just making the world a better place by contributing to hospitals, synagogues, churches, or your favorite cause. You are in a position of bringing justice to the world, becoming as God-like as possible."
Author: Celso Cukierkorn
2. "I leave it to the faithful to burn each other's churches and mosques and synagogues, which they can be always relied upon to do"
Author: Christopher Hitchens
3. "Where will Christian feminists go for spiritual nourishment if the church itself fails to reflect the feminism of Jesus? If tradition becomes a reason for churches, for synagogues, for mosques to refuse to change in the light of new insights and understandings, on what grounds can we expect change from other institutions?"
Author: Joan D. Chittister
4. "Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.My shoulder is against yours.you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but vegetables.When you really look for me, you will see me instantly —you will find me in the tiniest house of time.Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God? He is the breath inside the breath."
5. "I now attend non-orthodox synagogues, and study little during the secular week."
Author: Luke Ford
6. "Accordingly, it must and dare not be considered a trifling matter but a most serious one to seek counsel against this and to save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death. My advice, as I said earlier, is:First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss in sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire. That would demonstrate to God our serious resolve and be evidence to all the world that it was in ignorance that we tolerated such houses, in which the Jews have reviled God, our dear Creator and Father, and his Son most shamefully up till now but that we have now given them their due reward."
Author: Martin Luther
7. "In monasteries, seminaries, retreats and synagogues, they fear hell and seek paradise. Those who know the mysteries of God never let that seed be planted in their souls."
Author: Omar Khayyam
8. "The Jews sought refuge in their synagogues, but the Crusaders set them on fire. The Jews were burned alive, almost a climactic burnt offering in Christ's name. Godfrey of Bouillon took off his sword and with a small entourage circled the city and prayed, before making his way to the Holy Sepulchre. Next morning, to Tancred's fury, Raymond's men nervously climbed onto the roof of al-Aqsa, surprised the huddled Muslims and beheaded the men and women in another spasm of killing. Some of the Muslims leaped to their deaths."
Author: Simon Sebag Montefiore
9. "I believe in Christianity, Judaism and Islamism, but I stay away from churches, synagogues and mosques."
Author: Ted Lange
Quotes About Synagogues Pictures