Famous Quotes About Take My Hand
Browse 258 famous quotes and sayings about Take My Hand.
Top Quotes About Take My Hand
1. "IF THE PONTIFF BELIEVES HIMSELF TO BE G-D, SO BE IT, BUT JUST AS I HAVE GIVEN I SHALL TAKETH AWAY. FOR IT WAS I, WHO BROUGHT MY PEOPLE UP AND OUT OF EGYPT, AND BY MY OWN HAND , I SHALL DELIVER THEM BACK AND LET THEM BRING THEMSELVES UP AND OUT FROM HELL"
Author: Alejandro C. Estrada
2. "I keep thinking that maybe you and I could take a road trip and tell all the girls we meet along the way that we're both vets. You've got a messed up face and my war wounds have put me in this chair. You think they'd believe it? Maybe then I could get some action. Problem is, how am I going to get a handful of tit if I can't lift my arms?"
Author: Amy Harmon
3. "Hammer does not think he will make it through this next winter. His breath comes short in his chest, and it takes much effort for him to get up and dressed. My body is still creaky and sound, but with every labor of his breath, I think that my heart will not endure. Enduring were Hammer's gift, not mine, and I will not endure a life in which he does not laugh by my side and touch my hand, wish for the best things for me, and rejoice when I have them. My sturdy, blessed, stoic Hammer—how can life be, without him?"
Author: Amy Lane
4. "Often, though, the passivity of the woman's role weighs on me, suffocates me. Rather than wait for his pleasure, I would like to take it, to run wild. Is it that which pushes me into lesbianism? It terrifies me. Do women act thus? Does June go to Henry when she wants him? Does she mount him? Does she wait for him? He guides my inexperienced hands. It is like a forest fire, to be with him. New places of my body are aroused and burnt. He is incendiary. I leave him in an unquenchable fever."
Author: Anaïs Nin
5. "Outside it's a perfect spring night. We stand on the sidewalk in front of our apartment building, and Henry takes my hand, and I look at him, and I raise our joined hands and Henry twirls me around and soon we're dancing down Belle Plaine Avenue, no music but the sound of cars whoosing by and our own laughter, and the smell of cherry blossoms that fall like snow on the sidewalk as we dance underneath the tress."
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
6. "I have given Him permission to take every one of my memories captive to Christ, and now I can no longer see my abuses and sins in their own accord or in the hands of Satan. Now I see them in the healing, forgiving, nail-scarred hands of Jesus where He is cleansing them and transforming them into the stuff of mercy."
Author: Beth Moore
7. "Hey ! Mr Tambourine Man, play a song for meI'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going toHey ! Mr Tambourine Man, play a song for meIn the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' shipMy senses have been stripped, my hands can't feel to gripMy toes too numb to step, wait only for my boot heelsTo be wanderin'I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fadeInto my own parade, cast your dancing spell my wayI promise to go under it."
Author: Bob Dylan
8. "I've taken lives, and I've taken my own life in my hands and trusted a friend with it. Yes, sir, I'd say that makes me a man.""Neither makes you a man. The first makes you a killer. The second makes you a fool. Either may get you killed."
Author: Brent Weeks
9. "He takes my face in his hands and wipes my tears away with his thumbs. "I love you, Lake." He smiles and presses his forehead against mine. "You deserve to come first."
Author: Colleen Hoover
10. "What hasn't she done to me? She's the most beautiful woman I've ever met in my entire life. She has a passion about other people's happiness that is simply inspiring. She rose from her own ashes and became an even better person when most would have stayed in the dark," I tell her, looking straight into her eyes. "And when she dances, sings or plays an instrument…she's a completely out of this world artist and I can't take my eyes…and hands off her,"
Author: Danielle Claude Ngontang Mba
11. "Dear Livia McHughI'll be your husband. I'll be nothing but yours for the rest of forever. A single, simple day with you is something I'll refuse to take for granted. You have been the reason my heart beats since the moment I saw you, long before your hands actually had to do the job for me. Sleep in my arms. Wake up by my side. My beautiful love, be my wife and make me the happiest man. And I will never, ever lose count. Love always, Blake Hartt"
Author: Debra Anastasia
12. "I will love you with all my heart, To have forever - never to part. This is a promise engrained in me, Take my hand and let it be."
Author: Diana Lynn
13. "Afghan GirlIce blue eyes that look to the morning sky as I knit the pieces and remnants of my life. I have No books, no paper, no pencils, and no black boards. I look at the holes in my life as I see the hills of the Appalachians that echo. I think to myself, who will I marry? Is my life-like Pari? These strings please come together. Snowflakes give me hope, and my dreams dance all around me. I‘ll put another log on the fire. I watch the brown paper bag over the broken glass pane letting the cold wind in; I'll take some of these remnants and stuff it.These strings are come together. Mama told me that life would be hard. I bartered for flour the other day, and the chickens ain't laying no eggs. I struggle with life and these strings. My hands are worn and tired. Now, I have granny square hands. I am unclean, unblemished, and finished, Afghan girl."
Author: Edna Stewart
14. "I look at her there in the shadows of the shut-down city, her hair falling onto her face, and I can see her trying to figure out if I've lost it. And I have to fight the urge to take her by the shoulders and slam her against a shuttered building until we feel the vibrations ringing through both of us. Because I suddenly want to hear her bones rattle. I want to feel the softness of her flesh give, to hear her gasp as my hip bone jams into her. I want to yank her head back until her neck is exposed. I want to rip my hands through her hair until her breath is labored. I want to make her cry and then lick up the tears. And then I want to take my mouth to hers, to devour her alive, to transmit all the things she can't understand."
Author: Gayle Forman
15. "I believe I will see my mother again. I expect to again hear those familiar words, 'Oh, Honey, I'm so glad you've come.' I am not alone in entertaining such thoughts. When Kirk Douglas was hospitalized after a massive stroke, he wondered, 'Could I see my mother again? I would like that.' I have read and reread his words, 'Oh, how I would like to thank her for all of the things that I never thanked her for.' Just as my mother took my hand as a child and led me on the big adventure of exploring downtown Louisville, on some distant day, she will again take my hand, and lead me on the big adventure of exploring heaven. In the language of the Eternal Town I will, at last, find adequate words to thank her for loving me so lavishly."
Author: Harold Ivan Smith
16. "Above all, one could hold onto everything: the suffering to the quick and its whims, the sticky shadows, somber viscosity of the veil drawn taut around cities, everything could be borne, since legal outings of a few hours might take place, I told myself. Of course, I thought, no point pretending one wasn't dead. But on the other hand, rather than yield to the maneuvers of the conservation instinct, strategies that make us flee the pain within by hiding from ourselves within ourselves from whom we flee, its poppies, its hypnotic operations that the powerful currents of day-to-day life reinforce with a thousand vulgar, pressing duties which turn us from our hearts. do everything, I thought, on the contrary, whatever you can to resist the ingenious temptations of compromises, cling to the suffering, stir up the dread, for the monsters are also the benevolent guardians of the survivor's presence within me"
Author: Hélène Cixous
17. "My books already threatened to take over my part of the room and keep on going . . . whatever cargoes of words I could lay my hands on I gave safe harbor."
Author: Ivan Doig
18. "I've read this same sentence about twenty times since you came in."Anybody else except Ackley would've taken the goddamn hint. Not him though..."What the hellya reading?""Goddamn book."He shoved my book back with his hand so that he could see the name on it. "Any good?" he said."This sentence I'm reading is terrific."
Author: J.D. Salinger
19. "And I shall take my leave of you now- unless you have plans to shoot me. In which case, I shall take you with me." He lifted up his other hand. In it was a small black handset. " Just so we're clear, the bomb that is wired to the undercarriage of my car will go off if my thumb contracts- which is precisely the kind of autonomic jerk that will occur if you put a bullet in my chest or my back. Oh and mayhap I should mention that the explosion has a radius that more than includes where you are, and the detonation is so efficient, you will not be able to dematerialize out of the zone fast enough"Xcor laughed with genuine respect. "You know what they say about suicide, don't you. No Fade for them ""Its not suicide if you shoot me first. Self-defense""And your willing to test that out?""If you are"
Author: J.R. Ward
20. "I take a seat high above the BQE, stare at Manhatten for a bit, and then I play. For hours. I play until my fingertips are raw. Until I rip a nail and bleed on the strings. Until my hands hurt so bad I forget my heart does."
Author: Jennifer Donnelly
21. "I can't seem to take my eyes of the patch of skin that shows when he raises his hand to run his fingers through his hair, making his shirt ride up a little."
Author: Jessica Sorensen
22. "If you currently travel abroad or plan to in the future, make sure you understand the cultural convention of the country that you are visiting. Particularly with regard to greetings. If someone gives you a weak hand-shake, don't grimace. If anyone takes your arm, don't wince. If you are in the Middle East and a person wants to hold your hand, hold it. If you are a man visiting Russia, don't be surprised when your male host kisses your cheek, rather than hand. All of these greetings are as natural as way to express genuine sentiments as an American handshake. I am honored when an Arab or Asian man offers to take my hand because I know that it is a sign of high respect and trust. Accepting these cultural differences is the first step to better understanding and embracing diversity."
Author: Joe Navarro
23. "Do you know that i paid two dollars for [Doxocology] thirty-three years ago? Everything was wrong with him, hoofs like flapjacks, a hock so thick and short and straight there seems no joint at all. he's hammerheaded and swaybacked. He has a pinched chest and a big behind. He has an iron mouth and he still fights the upper. with a saddle he feels as thought you were riding a sled over a gravel pit. He can't trot and he stumbles over his feet when he walks. I have never in thirty-three years fond one good thing about him. He even has an ugly disposition. He is selfish and quarrelsome and mean and disobedient. to this day I don't dare walk behind him because he will surely take a kick at me. when I feed him mush he tries to bite my hand. And I love him."
Author: John Steinbeck
24. "I love acting and will take all the time to continue to act. But sometimes I'd like to try my hand at directing."
Author: Jordan Gavaris
25. "My mother would always ask us if anyone wanted to learn how to cook or to sew or to iron clothes. I always ran to her—"Me! Me! Me!" So, my mom would teach me. I secretly feared that I might be condemning myself to a life of sissyhood. One day she said it was good that I learned these things because I was never going to be strong or handsome or smart or popular like my older brother, Jesús. He was "el molde" (the mold) I would never be a good copy of him. She said that I might never find a girlfriend or get married—so it was good that I was learning to take care of myself. It freaked me out. I wanted to be strong, handsome, smart, and popular like my brother, Jesús. I never felt like I was. I was just a bad copy..."
Author: José N. Harris
26. "But ... but what if I hit you?"A snort. "You're not going to hit me.""How do you know?" I bristled at his amused tone. "I could hit you. Even master swordsmen make mistakes. I could get a lucky shot, or you might not see me coming. I don't want to hurt you."He favored me with another patient look. "And how much experience do you have with swords and weapons in general?" "Um." I glanced down at the saber in my hand. "Thirty seconds?"He smiled, that calm, irritatingly confident smirk. "You're not going to hit me."
Author: Julie Kagawa
27. "Backup?" Tori said. "You mean he didn't need that?""Apparently not," I murmured.Simon looked from her to me, confused, then understanding. "You guys thought...""That if you didn't get your medicine in the next twenty-four hours, you'd be dead?" I said. "Not exactly, but close. You know, the old 'upping the ante with a fatal disease that needs medication' twist. Apparently, it still works.""Kind of a letdown, then, huh?""No kidding. Here we were, expecting to find you minutes from death. Look at you, not even gasping.""All right, then. Emergency medical situation, take two."He leaped to his feet, staggered, keeled over, then lifted his head weakly."Chloe? Is that you?" He coughed. "Do you have my insulin?"I placed it in his outstretched hand."You saved my life," he said. "How can I ever repay you?""Undying servitude sounds good. I like my eggs scrambled."He held up a piece of fruit. "Would you settle for a bruised apple?"
Author: Kelley Armstrong
28. "I drop my face to my hands and scrub hard. "I wish I had your boobs," I hear Sam announce and raise my head to see who she's talking to. Of course, she's talking to Bryn."Right," she smirks and takes another bite of brownie."Dude, I do!" And just like that, Sam saunters across the room and cups Brynna's tit in her palm. "See? You have the perfect boobs. Stace, have you felt her boobs?"Just kill me. Put a bullet in my head and end the agony."Oh yeah," Stacy waves her off. "She has great tits."She has amazing tits."I wanna feel!" Jules bounces over and joins in."Give me more chocolate and you can touch all you want." Brynna laughs and then glances over at me. "This is the most action I've had in months.""Motherfuckingsonofawhore." I grumble."Is Brynna single?" Mark asks Will."Keep your fucking hands off her," I growl at him before I know what's coming out of my mouth."Hey," he holds his hands up in surrender and laughs. "It was just an innocent question."
Author: Kristen Proby
29. "Stop it!'He relented, so far as he could, stepping forward to take my head into his hands. 'Russell, once, only once, I was taken and suffered for it. Please, my dear wife, believe me, this is not the same situation...'...I turned back to Holmes and hissed, 'If you're wrong, I shall be extremely angry with you.' Then O kissed him hard on the lips, more threat than affection, and let him step back into his cell...'However, Russ? I think that, all in all, given the choice, I prefer you with the hair and without the moustache."
Author: Laurie R. King
30. "If you want a lover I'll do anything you ask.If you want a different kind of love I'll wear a mask.If you want to strike me down in anger here I stand.If you want a partner in life take my hand.I'm your man."
Author: Leonard Cohen
31. "She nodded and reached out to take my hand again. I turned to look at her fully, I didnt want to say it, but I felt I should. I'd never had a chance to say it to my sisters, to my mother and I'd always regretted it. "Just in case", I said, leaning down. For once the Laz remained respectful. It didn't want her. I wanted her. Knitting my fingers into her curls, I kissed her forehead. I limited myself to one word this time. "Goodbye."
Author: Lia Habel
32. "Hope you didn't bring any spiders into the van with you,' Simon put in. 'Hey, I'm thinking we could take you back outside and hose you down, just to make sure. You'd definitely smell better if we did, which, I mean, bonus.' Jeremy scraped both hands through his hair again, then beat them clean against his thighs. 'Believe me, Simon, if we had access to a garden hose, I'd be the first to turn it on myself. I feel foul.''Hate to break it to you, Archer, but that feeling is not lying to you,' Simon said with mild relish."
Author: M. Chandler
33. "I reach out and take her spastic hand, pressing the forefinger of my free hand to her lips. "Shhh." She stops talking immediately. Yes, I could've shut her up a hundred different ways without touching her, but I figure this is better than kissing her, which is what I really want to do.Good God, how I want to kiss her!"
Author: M. Leighton
34. "He bent his head, bringing his lips near her ear. "Talk of the future confuses you, I know. But I think about it all the time."His hands moved slowly down her bare arms. "When the time is right, when it's our time, I want to undress you – slowly – in front of the fire. Slowly, one item at a time. I want to roll down your stockings and unlace your corset. I want to slowly take the pins out of your hair and catch the weight of it in my hands. Then I want to learn the feel of every inch of you."
Author: Maggie Osborne
35. "Obedience need never be anxious, for there is no form of goodness which it does not possess in itself. When we go out of ourselves through obedience and strip ourselves of what is ours, then God must enter into us; for when someone wills nothing for themselves, then God must will on their behalf just as he does for himself. Whenever I have taken leave of my own will, putting it in the hands of my superior , and no longer will anything for myself, then God must will on my behalf, and if he neglects me in this respect, then he neglects himself. And so in all things in which I do not will for myself, God wills on my behalf."
Author: Meister Eckhart
36. "How lucky am I that a beautiful girl like you spills a drink on me?" I blushed. Shit! I couldn't take my eyes off him, he was strikingly handsome."
Author: Nicole Gulla
37. "If our enemies take meAnd people stop talking to me,If they confiscate the whole world—The right to breathe, open doors, Affirm that existence shall go onAnd that people, like a judge, shall judge,And if they dare to keep me like an animalAnd fling my food on the floor, I won't fall silent or deaden the agony,But shall write what I am free to write,My naked body gathering momentum like a bell,And in a corner of the ominous darkI shall yoke ten oxen to my voiceAnd move my hand in the darkness like a ploughAnd, wrung out into a legion of brotherly eyes,Shall fall with the full heaviness of a harvest,Exploding in the distance with all the force of a vow,And in the depths of the unguarded nightThe eyes of that unskilled laborer, earth, shall shineAnd a flock of flaming years swoop down,And like a ripe thunderstorm Lenin shall burst forth.But on this earth (which shall escape decay)There to wake up life and reason will be"
Author: Osip Mandelstam
38. "My friend Adele describes fundamentalism as holding so tightly to your beliefs that your fingernails leave imprints on the palm of your hand... I think she's right. I was a fundamentalist not because of the beliefs I held but because of how I held them: with a death grip. It would take God himself to finally pry them out of my hands. (p.17-18)"
Author: Rachel Held Evans
39. "Your Highness, we must speak tonight," I whispered. "Alone." Enough was enough. I would not take any part in Princess Cantacuzene's plans, and I would not risk my life dallying with the Montenegrins any longer."Indeed?" he said, bringing my hand to his lips. I shuddered, realizing he had a different kind of conversation in mind than I did."
Author: Robin Bridges
40. "I couldn't really take a girl from Berlin to live in Leeds. I love it here. I miss the Yorkshire sense of humor and things like bitter and Yorkshire puddings, but I can still get my hands on salt 'n' vinegar crisps."
Author: Sam Riley
41. "Of the two powers, the two categories that take possession of us when we enter the world, space is by far the less mysterious. . . . Space is, after all, solid, monolithic. . . . Time, on the other hand, is a hostile element, truly treacherous, I would say even against human nature."
Author: Stanisław Lem
42. "Death, in its certainty, is exacting its due respect and repose before it takes my hand."
Author: Susan Abulhawa
43. "Then suddenly, as I was suggesting I take over the daily snare run, he took my face in his hands and kissed me."
Author: Suzanne Collins
44. "This last altercation has given Enobaria and Gloss time to reach the Cornucopia. Brutus is within shooting distance and somewhere, certainly, Cashmere is nearby, too. These four classic Careers will no doubt have a prior alliance. If I had only my own safety to consider, I might be willing to take them on with Finnick by my side. But it's Peeta I'm thinking about. I spot him now, still stranded on his metal plate. I take off and Finnick follows without question, as if knowing this will be my next move. When I'm as close as I can get, I start removing knives from my belt, preparing to swim out to reach him and somehow bring him in.Finnick drops a hand on my shoulder. "I'll get him."Suspicion flickers up inside me. Could this all just be a ruse? For Finnick to win my trust and then swim out and drown Peeta? "I can," I insist.But Finnick has dropped all his weapons to the ground. "Better not exert yourself. Not in your condition," he says, and reaches down and pats my abdomen."
Author: Suzanne Collins
45. "No one has taken my heart in their hand. I haven't given it... I have lent myself, rented myself out, but never given myself."
Author: Sylvia Kristel
46. "You've suppressed all your rage and resentment because you wanted to be loved," he says, no longer smiling. "Maybe I understand you, Juliette. Maybe you should trust me. Maybe you should accept the fact that you've tried to be someone you're not for so long and that no matter what you did, those bastards were never happy. They were never satisfied. They never gave a damn, did they?" He looks at me and for a moment he seems almost human. For a moment I want to believe him. For a moment I want to sit on the floor and cry out the ocean lodged in mythroat."It's time you stopped pretending," he says, so softly."Juliette—" He takes my face in his gloved hands, so unexpectedly gentle."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
47. "So you just kill people for power.""As do you.""How dare you-"He laughs, loud. "You're free to lie to yourself, if it makes you feel better.""I am not lying-""Why did it take you so long to break your connection with jenkins?"Mu mouth freezes in place."Why didn't you fight back right away? why did you allow him to touch for as long as he did?"My hands have begun to shake and I grip them, hard. "You don't know anything about me.""And yet you claim to know me so well."I clench my jaw, not trusting myself to speak."At least I'm honest," he adds."You just agreed you're a liar!"He raises his eyebrows. "At least I'm honest about being a liar."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
48. "If you like being cuffed, I have no problem accommodating you, baby." "Actually," she returned, drawing the word out, "I was thinking I would cuff you." She held her breath. Any minute now, he'd scoff at her request and this charade would be over. Funny, she wasn't quite as ready to walk away as she had been moments ago. In fact, the thought of Brent's big body, restrained by handcuffs, was surprisingly appealing. That fluttering in her stomach had graduated into a constant tug, confusing her further. "Done." Hayden hid her shock as Brent leaned close and spoke gruffly near her ear. "Be warned, though. If you take away the use of my hands, I'll only make up for it with my mouth."
Author: Tessa Bailey
49. "Wait a second," Four says. I turn toward him, wondering which version of Four I'll see now-the one who scolds me, or the one who climbs Ferris wheels with me. He smiles a little, but the smile doesn't spread to his eyes, which look less tense and worried."You belong here, you know that?" he says. "You belong with us. It'll be over soon, so just hold on, okay?"He scratches behind his ear and looks away, like he's embarrassed by what he said. I stare at him. I feel my heartbeat everywhere, even in my toes. I feel like doing something bold, but I could just as easily walk away. I am not sure which option is smarter, or better. I am not sure that I care.I reach out and take his hand. His fingers slide between mine. I can't breathe. I stare up at him, and he stares down at me. For a long moment, we stay that way. Then I pull my hand away and run after Uriah and Lynn and Marlene. Maybe now he thinks I'm stupid, or strange. Maybe it was worth it."
Author: Veronica Roth
50. "Excuse my enthusiasm or rather madness, for I am really drunk with intellectual vision whenever I take a pencil or graver into my hand."
Author: William Blake
Quotes About Take My Hand Pictures