Famous Quotes About Taking Another Step
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Taking Another Step.
Top Quotes About Taking Another Step
1. "My phone buzzes in my shirt pocket, and Frank takes a step back to let me answer it. I've got another text from Jem.What does the breast part look like? I think I've got it upside-down. "The fuck?" Frank says."He's talking about the turkey.""Oh. Jesus. I mean…good.""Jem knows what human breasts look like."Frank shudders. "I can't deal with this," he mutters and stalks away."
Author: Abria Mattina
2. "Hunter pulled away, rolling her eyes."Hey, where are you going?" I murmured. "We're not done making up.""We're in crisis mode out there," she answered, reluctantly taking another step back."It's always crisis mode in this house," I said with disgust.""Chapter 24"
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
3. "My shift isn't over until six," I say glumly."Hold on," he says. He pulls a Blackberry from his coat pocket and taps out a text. It buzzes, and he taps out another text before stashing it back in his pocket. "I think you can take the rest of the afternoon off.""I only have a week left, but my boss would kill me," I say."I'm your boss, Anna.""What do you mean?"There's that smile again, the one with all those teeth. "I just bought Walmart," he says."
Author: Andrew Shaffer
4. "I am coming back to New York after five years, and it seems that psychics are taking over the city."
Author: Aravind Adiga
5. "A novel is not an allegory.... It is the sensual experience of another world. If you don't enter that world, hold your breath with the characters and become involved in their destiny, you won't be able to empathize, and empathy is at the heart of the novel. This is how you read a novel: you inhale the experience. So start breathing."
Author: Azar Nafisi
6. "Elend: "Each moment you fight is a gift to those in this cavern. Each second we fight is a second longer that thousands of people can draw breath. Each stroke of the sword, each koloss felled, each breath earned is another victory! It is a person protected for a moment longer, a life extended, an enemy frusturated!" There was a brief pause. "In the end they shall kill us. But first they shall fear us!"
Author: Brandon Sanderson
7. "It's that way all the way down the line. I've got a boy coaching college ball and another son coaching high school. All the way down to summer leagues, all the way down to kids who are 14 years old. All those teams have a closer."
Author: Bruce Sutter
8. "I needed to step away from music because the truth was I couldn't be the dad I wanted to be to my kids. My truth was that I could not reconcile the two worlds - the entertainment world and being the dad I wanted to be in the present. You can't substitute time, you just can't."
Author: Corey Hart
9. "There is another alphabet, whispering from every leaf, singing from every river, shimmering from every sky."
Author: Dejan Stojanovic
10. "Imagine: If shifting from one universe to another is like moving up or down to parallel layers, overlapping with one universe, then going to another timeline is like taking a jump to the left.' 'Or a step to the right,' Jena said wryly."
Author: E.C. Myers
11. "Thinking is free, planning is also free, but action taking is not free; you have a price to pay. Success is not luck; it demands work... hard work of course!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
12. "It is clear to all that the animal organism is a highly complex system consisting of an almost infinite series of parts connected both with one another and, as a total complex, with the surrounding world, with which it is in a state of equilibrium."
Author: Ivan Pavlov
13. "There was a man here, lashed himself to a spar as his ship went down, and for seven days and seven nights he was on the sea, and what kept him alive while others drowned was telling himself stories like a madman, so that as one ended another began. On the seventh day he had told all the stories he knew and that was when he began to tell himself as if he were a story, from the earliest beginnings to his green and deep misfortune. The story he told was of a man lost and found, not once, but many times, as he choked his way out of the waves. And the night fell, he saw the Cape Wrath light, only lit a week it was, but it was, and he knew that if he became the story of the light, he might be saved. With his last strength he began to paddle towards it, arms on either side of the spar, and in his mind the light became a shining rope, pulling him in. He took hold of it, tied it round his waist, and at that moment, the keeper saw him, and ran for the rescue boat."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
14. "I sometimes, in my sprightly moments, consider myself, in my great chair at school, as some dictator at the head of a common-wealth. In this little state I can discover all the great geniuses, all the surprising actions and revolutions of the great world in miniature. I have several renowned generals but three feet high, and several deep-projecting politicians in petticoats. I have others catching and dissecting flies, accumulating remarkable pebbles, cockleshells, etc., with as ardent curiosity as any virtuoso in the Royal Society …. At one table sits Mr. Insipid foppling and fluttering, spinning his whirligig, or playing with his fingers as gaily and wittily as any Frenchified coxcomb brandishes his cane and rattles his snuff box. At another sits the polemical divine, plodding and wrangling in his mind about Adam's fall in which we sinned, all as his primer has it."
Author: John Adams
15. "It was like falling off a building and suddenly, bang, you hit the bottom. The first time it happened was on an ordinary day at home. I was taking down some curtains. I took one step, turned around, took another step and then I fell and hit my head hard on the rowing machine."
Author: Jonah Lomu
16. "I reclaimed his lips and hooked a leg around his as we moved in rhythm with each other. In between frantic kisses, i whispered the words, "I love you". Because i did. Noah listened to me. He made me laugh and he made me feel special. He was strong and warm and caring and...everything. I loved him. I loved him more than i'd ever loved another person in my life."
Author: Katie McGarry
17. "On the warm stone walls, climbing roses were just coming into bloom and great twisted branches of honeysuckle and clematis wrestled each other as they tumbled up and over the top of the wall. Against another wall were white apple blossoms on branches cut into sharp crucifixes and forced to lie flat against the stone. Below, the huge frilled lips of giant tulips in shades of white and cream nodded in their beds. They were almost finished now, spread open too far, splayed, exposing obscene black centers. I've never had my own garden but I suddenly recognized something in the tangle of this one that wasn't beauty. Passion, maybe. And something else. Rage."
Author: Meg Rosoff
18. "This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
Author: Neil Armstrong
19. "Life isn't like the movies. People don't change overnight. people don't go from arrogant and self-righteous to ashamed and remorseful. They don't suddenly give in when they've spent years taking out. No doesn't magically become a Yes."
Author: Randa Abdel Fattah
20. "Wasn't it true, then, that everything in his life from that point on had been a succession of things he hadn't really wanted to do? Taking a hopelessly dull job to prove he could be as responsible as any other family man, moving to an overpriced, genteel apartment to prove his mature belief in the fundamentals of orderliness and good health, having another child to prove that the first one hadn't been a mistake, buying a house in the country because that was the next logical step and he had to prove himself capable of taking it. Proving, proving; and for no other reason than that he was married to a woman who had somehow managed to put him forever on the defensive, who loved him when he was nice, who lived according to what she happened to feel like doing and who might at any time—this was the hell of it—who might at any time of day or night just happen to feel like leaving him. It was as ludicrous and as simple as that."
Author: Richard Yates
21. "Turning the corner, she saw the dark figure of a man, John, pushed up against the side of his bed cast in the light of another stained glass lamp. She fought the simultaneous instinct to jump away and move closer. "You shouldn't have come," he said through gritted teeth."I had to," she insisted, taking a step forward. "It sounded like you were in trouble."He laughed without humor. "Damn right I'm in trouble."
Author: Shawn Kirsten Maravel
22. "To make a resolution and act accordingly is to live with hope. There may be difficulties and hardships, but not disappointment or despair if you follow the path steadily. Do not hurry. This is a fundamental rule. If you hurry and collapse or tumble down, nothing is achieved. DO not rest in your efforts; this is another fundamental rule. Without stopping, without haste, carefully taking a step at a time forward will surely get you there."
Author: Shinichi Suzuki
23. "It's an absolute honor to be taking part in the pageant for the Diamond Jubilee. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and will be a moment in history that will always be remembered. I'm really looking forward to being out on the river with friends and family. To mark this historic moment will be extremely special."
Author: Steve McFadden
24. "All through the kind of late '80s and '90s, every Aamp&;R record company man was saying, 'Now what we want is another record like 'Back in the High Life.'' And, of course, that's not the way to make music at all. That's the tail wagging the dog."
Author: Steve Winwood
Quotes About Taking Another Step Pictures