Famous Quotes About Taking Life For Granted
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Taking Life For Granted.
Top Quotes About Taking Life For Granted
1. "One human life is deeper than the ocean. Strange fishes and sea-monsters and mighty plants live in the rock-bed of our spirits. The whole of human history is an undiscovered continent deep in our souls. There are dolphins, plants that dream, magic birds inside us. The sky is inside us. The earth is in us."
Author: Ben Okri
2. "Q. What is your view of the daily discipline of the Christian life - the need for taking time to be alone with God?Lewis: "We have our New Testament regimental orders upon the subject. I would take it for granted that everyone who becomes a Christian would undertake this practice. It is enjoined upon us by Our Lord; and since they are his commands, I believe in following them. It is always just possible that Jesus Christ meant what he said when He told us to seek the secret place and to close the door."
Author: C.S. Lewis
3. "How fabulous down was for those first minutes! Down, down, down I'd go until down too became impossible and punishing and so relentless that I'd pray for the trail to go back up. Going down, I realized was like taking hold of the loose strand of yarn on a sweater you'd just spent hours knitting and pulling it until the entire sweater unraveled into a pile of string. Hiking the PCT was the maddening effort of knitting that sweater and unraveling it over and over again. As if everything gained was inevitably lost."
Author: Cheryl Strayed
4. "I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I did not like would have an opposite, which I would like."
Author: Coco Chanel
5. "If nature were not beautiful, it would not be worth knowing, and if nature were not worth knowing, life would not be worth living."
Author: Henri Poincare
6. "I must ask the Lord to direct the Holy Spirit within me to drain the life out of sin and in prayer."
Author: J. I. Packer
7. "Standing out there in th dark, I felt many different things. One of them was pride in my fellow Americans, ordinary people who rose to the moment, knowing it was their last. One was humility, for I was alive and untouched by the horrors of that day, free to continue my happy life as a husband and father and writer. In the lonely blackness, I could almost taste the finiteness of life and thus it's preciousness. We take it for granted, but it is fragile, precarious, uncertain able to cease at any instant without notice. I was reminded of what should be obvious but too often is not, that each today, each hour and minute, is worth cherishing."
Author: John Grogan
8. "Woody Allen once said that 90 percent of life is about showing up. Ninety percent of healing people in psychological pain is shutting up - at least long enough to let them bleed the truth. That sounds easy, but it isn't. (68)"
Author: Keith Ablow
9. "Living well is an art that can be developed: a love of life and ability to take great pleasure from small offerings and assurance that the world owes you nothing and that every gift is exactly that, a gift."
Author: Maya Angelou
10. "Everything I could want in eternity is possible because of you," he thought, and then he stopped thinking and simply enjoyed being in the arms of the one person in all of forever who made his life complete."
Author: Melissa Marr
11. "There is a good life. The goodnews is that you can live that good life. The good life is the happy life. To live this good life, be happy! A truly happy man is a good man."
Author: Ogwo David Emenike
12. "You should treat the trivial things in life seriously and the serious things in life with a sincere and studied triviality"
Author: Oscar Wilde
13. "Cheer up, Crips, and keep smiling. That's the thing to do. If you go through life with a smile on your face, you'll be amazed how many people will come up to you and say ‘What the hell are you grinning about? What's so funny?' Make you a lot of new friends."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
14. "In taking our marital arguments upstairs to avoid exposing the children to strife, we accidentally deprived them of chances to witness how two people who care about each other can work out their differences in a calm and reasoned way."
Author: Po Bronson
15. "Sport is and should remain a great school of life that supports young people in their personal development. It teaches respect for others and also for oneself."
Author: Richard Attias
16. "There are those nights wehn you're pushing thirty and life seems over. When you feel like you'll never tie up any ends and no one iwll ever kiss your lips again."
Author: Robert McLiam Wilson
17. "I cursed myself. For once, heaven had sent me "Beauty" in its most perfected form and I abandoned it. She might not have been a girl after all but an angel: a force to guide me on this hazardous path of life I hurry down... How can life be hazardous if it can only end in death?"
Author: Roman Payne
Quotes About Taking Life For Granted Pictures