Famous Quotes About Taking Your Time In Life
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Taking Your Time In Life.
Top Quotes About Taking Your Time In Life
1. "Storytelling, you know, has a real function. The process of the storytelling is itself a healing process, partly because you have someone there who is taking the time to tell you a story that has great meaning to them. They're taking the time to do this because your life could use some help, but they don't want to come over and just give advice. They want to give it to you in a form that becomes inseparable from your whole self. That's what stories do. Stories differ from advice in that, once you get them, they become a fabric of your whole soul. That is why they heal you."~Alice Walker, in an interview about her work in Common Boundary, 1990"
Author: Alice Walker
2. "I literally tried every sport and was miserable. Soccer couldn't hold my attention. I couldn't figure skate. I'm afraid to swim. So I did dance for five years. It came a time where I was getting a little bit bored with it."
Author: Alicia Sacramone
3. "My son, ?do not forget my teaching,But let your heart ?keep my commandments;For ?length of days and years of lifeAnd peace they will add to you.Do not let ??kindness and truth leave you;Bind them around your neck,Write them on the tablet of your heart.So you will ?find favor and good reputeIn the sight of God and man.Trust in the Lord with all your heartAnd ?do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways ?acknowledge Him,And He will ?make your paths straight."
4. "I could never work out whether we were to view religion as a life-insurance policy or a life sentence. I can understand a wrathful God who'd just as soon dangle us all from a hook. And I can understand a tender, unprejudiced Jesus. But I could never quite feature the two of them living in the same house. You wind up walking on eggshells, never knowing which... is at home at the moment."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
5. "When you start using senses you've neglected, your reward is to see the world with completely fresh eyes."
Author: Barbara Sher
6. "Q. What is your view of the daily discipline of the Christian life - the need for taking time to be alone with God?Lewis: "We have our New Testament regimental orders upon the subject. I would take it for granted that everyone who becomes a Christian would undertake this practice. It is enjoined upon us by Our Lord; and since they are his commands, I believe in following them. It is always just possible that Jesus Christ meant what he said when He told us to seek the secret place and to close the door."
Author: C.S. Lewis
7. "You can go a surprisingly long time without figuring out the kind of person you are and in what direction your life is taking you."
Author: Carolyn See
8. "Image is what people perceive my life to be. It's nothing like the truth."
Author: David Hasselhoff
9. "Things like that happen all the time in this great big world of ours. It is like taking a boat out on a beautiful lake on a beautiful day and thinking both the sky and the lake are beautiful. Things will go where they are supposed to go if you just let them take their natural course. Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it is time for them to be hurt. Life is like that."
Author: Haruki Murakami
10. "Oh Moon, sweet, sweet Moon, I want to be naked on you. I want to be like a flower growing on your surface, unique and mysterious, at home in the wonder of you, as if my naked body would be something growing out of your soil, something precious, a lovely gift on your landscape."
Author: James Lusarde
11. "When anybody asks me what time it is, I always say, "Yesterday, plus 24 hours."
Author: Jarod Kintz
12. "Gerald Westerby, he told himself. You were present at your birth. You were present at your several marriages and at some of your divorces, and you will certainly be present at your funeral. High time, in our considered view, that you were present at certain other crucial moments in your history."
Author: John Le Carré
13. "Staff silenced her with a hot kiss. "Hush," he whispered, taking her closer into his arms. "Mary, we have waited long enough. I want you, dearest, to make up for the lonely hours, and countless advice, and worry that your kings and cursed father would totally ruin our life together. And for the wasted years. Tonight, Mary, we are going to begin catching up-and it will take a long, long time for us to be even..."
Author: Karen Harper
14. "Delaying gratification is a process of scheduling the pain and pleasure of life in such a way as to enhance the pleasure by meeting and experiencing the pain first and getting it over with."
Author: M. Scott Peck
15. "You too, you took an interest in the world. That was long ago. I want you to cast your mind back to then. The domain of the rules was no longer enough for you; you were unable to love any longer in the domain of the rules; so you had to enter into the domain of the struggle. I ask you to go back to that precise moment. It was long ago, no? Cast your mind back: the water was cold. You are far from the edge, now. Oh yes! How far from the edge you are! You long believed in the existence of another shore; such is no longer the case. You go on swimming, though, and every movement you make brings you closer to drowning. You are suffocating, your lungs are on fire. The water seems colder and colder to you, more and more galling. You aren't that young anymore. Now you are going to die. Don't worry. I am here. I won't let you sink. Go on with your reading."
Author: Michel Houellebecq
16. "A lot of the time we think finances are immediately linked to experience, opportunities, image, and all sorts of important things that can progress us in life. Sometimes they're not. Finances can be completely irrelevant if you allow yourself to feel like things are going well."
Author: Natalia Kills
17. "It's good to go out and entertain these people, and you've got them on the edge of their seat, they're standing up. Then you know that you've done your job, you've entertained them. My way of entertaining them is going out and wrestling. Everyone's got their different ways."
Author: Owen Hart
18. "Nobody really wants to hear about anybody else's injuries. Or how your back feels. Whose back doesn't hurt?"
Author: Peyton Manning
19. "I read upon the subject and grew more and more interested, and after a time I became a member of the National Board, and had duties and responsibilities that kept me busy after my day's work was done."
Author: Rose Schneiderman
20. "I could do without your sarcasm. (Kat)And I could do without your bleeding heart. (Xypher)Just remember, my bleeding heart is what gained you a shot at freedom. (Kat)Queenie, it was a bleeding heart that put me in that position to begin with. The person I was trying to protect when I was taken didn't return the favor. The bitch was only using me. So take my advice: whatever compassion you have, kill it off. You'll thank me for it later. (Xypher)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
21. "Today is a new day. Don't let your history interfere with your destiny! Let today be the day you stop being a victim of your circumstances and start taking action towards the life you want. You have the power and the time to shape your life. Break free from the poisonous victim mentality and embrace the truth of your greatness. You were not meant for a mundane or mediocre life!"
Author: Steve Maraboli
22. "I think, from every actor I've ever spoken to, they say the biggest thing they regret from life is not finishing school."
Author: Tom Holland
Quotes About Taking Your Time In Life Pictures