Famous Quotes About Taunting
Browse 46 famous quotes and sayings about Taunting.
Top Quotes About Taunting
1. "An unemployed electrician,whom I had been taunting with my reminder of how much richer I was, leaned forward and said:'What are your qualifications? I know exactly what your qualifications are.You bent over in the shower to pick up some soap at Eton and Harrow, like all the rest of them."
Author: Auberon Waugh
2. "I know, it looks pure and beautiful to you now, at your great old age of twenty-two. But do you know what it means? Thirty years of a lost cause, that sounds beautiful, doesn't it? But do you know how many days there are in thirty years? Do you know what happens in those days?... I want you to know what's in store for you. There will be days when you'll look at your hands and you'll want to take something and smash every bone in them, because they'll be taunting you with what they could do, if you found a chance for them to do it, and you can't find that chance, and you can't bear your living body because it has failed those hands somewhere."
Author: Ayn Rand
3. "My first sight of the fabled warrior was a surprise. He was not a mighty-thewed giant, like Ajax. His body was not broad and powerful, as Odysseos'. He seemed small, almost boyish, his bare arms and legs slim and virtually hairless. His chin was shaved clean, and the ringlets of his long black hair were tied up in a silver chain. He wore a splendid white silk tunic, bordered with a purple key design, cinched at the waist with a belt of interlocking gold crescents... His face was the greatest shock. Ugly, almost to the point of being grotesque. Narrow beady eyes, lips curled in a perpetual snarl, a sharp hook of a nose, skin pocked and cratered... A small ugly boy born to be a king... A young man possessed with fire to silence the laughter, to stifle the taunting. His slim arms and legs were iron-hard, knotted with muscle. His dark eyes were absolutely humourless. There was no doubt in my mind that he could outfight Odysseos or even powerful Ajax on sheer willpower alone."
Author: Ben Bova
4. "Those were the girls she'd been most jealous of, growing up—not just the thin, fashionable ones, but the types who surfed or rock climbed, who lived in such obvious peace with their bodies. Took joy in using their bodies. Mastered them. Merry's had always felt like a bully. A great, heavy oaf pinning her to the ground, taunting."
Author: Cara McKenna
5. "Nobody is perfect, though. We all want everyone to think we are, but perfection is some crazy mythical state that we can never achieve. It is a goal beyond our grasp, always shifting and changing and taunting us, because it knows...it knows we can never reach it."
Author: Carrie Jones
6. "When we die, our bodies turn to dust," he says. "If you were nobody of consequence, you're forgotten unless you do something worth remembering." When he looks my way, I purse my lips and look down. "Otherwise, you're just another place marker in the ground. These buildings will rot here, their bodies are above the ground taunting us with what we did wrong as a people. Reminding us of the evil we're capable of. They are constant."
Author: Celia Mcmahon
7. "She looked up and caught Jared's eye. He had watched the whole exchange, and he looked amused by Mina's actions. He pointed down at the apple that had come to rest against his shoe, the apple she had smacked out of Savannah's hand. He laughed as he reached down and picked up the apple. Mina frowned. Dusting it off against his shirt, Jared took a bite out of it and chewed slowly, taunting her."
Author: Chanda Hahn
8. "I wanted to be weak that I might avoid the awful passage of further suffering I saw laid out for me; and conscience, turned tyrant, held passion by the throat, told her tauntingly, she had yet but dipped her dainty foot in the slough, and swore that with that arm of iron he would thrust her down to unsounded depths of agony."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
9. "Life is loneliness, broken only by the gods taunting us with friendship and the odd bonk"
Author: Christopher Moore
10. "So I'm all, "Owned! Bee-yatch! Dog fucking owned you!" Doing a minor booty dance of ownage, perhaps, in retrospect, a bit prematurely. (I believe hip-hop to be the apprpriate language for taunting, at least until I learn French.)"
Author: Christopher Moore
11. "That day.Even though my back is turned,I can see what's going on.The sound of their taunting-I know what that looks like.Words like freak and loser-I know what kind of face says them.Our teacher is ignoring it;he does not have the strength to deal with it.Or maybe he agrees with what's being said.He agrees by talking math as the notebookis pulled out of Anton's hand.Even though he sees what's going on,his back is turned."
Author: David Levithan
12. "Request away, rock star." Here it comes. "Can she wear a push-up bra? Leave off the panties?" Kyle knew what boys liked."When my lips touch her face I like to taste her skin, so maybe the makeup could be on the light side?" Blake closed one eye.Holy fuck, that's sexy. Kyle felt her heart spit on her soul, taunting, Cole would want you as you are, if you were important enough. But you're not."
Author: Debra Anastasia
13. "Now, I am living out my life in my corner, taunting myself with the spiteful and useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot become anything seriously, and it is only the fool who becomes anything. Yes, a man in the nineteenth century must and morally ought to be pre-eminently a characterless creature; a man of character, an active man is pre-eminently a limited creature. That is my conviction of forty years. I am forty years old now, and you know forty years is a whole lifetime; you know it is extreme old age. To live longer than forty years is bad manners, is vulgar, immoral. Who does live beyond forty? Answer that, sincerely and honestly. I will tell you who do: fools and worthless fellows. I tell all old men that to their face, all these venerable old men, all these silver-haired and reverend seniors! I tell the whole world that to its face! I have a right to say so, for I shall go on living to sixty myself. To seventy! To eighty!... Stay, let me take breath..."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
14. "What's this about?""Finally. Interest," was the only response."If this is one of your tricks..." Like the time Torin had ordered hundreds of blow-up dolls and placed them throughout the fortress, all because Paris had foolishly complained about the lack of female companionship in town. The plastic "ladies" had stared our from every corner, their wide eyes and let-me-suck-you mouths taunting everyone who passed them.Things like that happened when Torin was bored."
Author: Gena Showalter
15. "Video games offer violent messages, and even the sports video games include taunting and teasing."
Author: Geoffrey Canada
16. "I wandered aimlessly through this muddy lane bespattered with blood, fragments of the past detached themselves and floated listlessly before my eyes, taunting me with the direst forebodings [...] My world of human beings had perished; I was utterly alone in the world and for friends I had the streets, and the streets spoke to me in that sad, bitter language compounded of human misery, yearning, regret, failure, wasted effort"
Author: Henry Miller
17. "He was sitting in the midst of a children's party at Harold's Cross. His silent watchful manner had grown upon him and he took little part in the games. The children, wearing the spoils of their crackers, danced and romped noisily and, though he tried to share their merriment, he felt himself a gloomy figure amid the gay cocked hats and sunbonnets.But when he had sung his song and withdrawn into a snug corner of the room he began to taste the joy of his loneliness. The mirth, which in the beginning of the evening had seemed to him false and trivial, was like a sothing air to him, passing gaily by his senses, hiding from other eyes the feverish agitation of his blood while through the circling of the dancers and amid the music and laughter her glance travelled to his corner, flattering, taunting, searching, exciting his heart."
Author: James Joyce
18. "Julie swallowed. "Flat Finn is on Facebook?" She'd love to see those status updates. 'Got strapped to the roof of the car today for a trip to Starbucks. Would have loved to taste caramel mocha, but can't move arms and so was forced to stare longingly at delicious hot beverage. Will the taunting never end?"
Author: Jessica Park
19. "Most Bolton students were scions of the city's wealthiest families. My crewe stuck out like hooker at church. We werent part of their pampered, priveliged world, and many of our classmates were quick to remind us of that fact. Taunting the "boat kids" was practically a varsity sport."
Author: Kathy Reichs
20. "Jay had to work the next day, but he called frequently. Checking in to make sure Violet was feeling all right, that she hadn't changed her mind about their decision, and that she missed him. Violet called him just to hear the sound of his voice. And to make unfairly suggestive comments, taunting him across the phone lines.Violet loved this new game. Jay would groan uncomfortably from the other end, but he never cut her off."
Author: Kimberly Derting
21. "The judge got down on his knees, and he prayed to God, he, Jemubhai Popatlal the agnostic, who had made a long hard journey to jettison his family's prayers; he who had refused to throw the coconut into the water and bless his own voyage all those years ago on the deck of the SS Strath-naver."If you return Mutt, I will acknowledge you in public, I will never deny you again, I will tell the world that I believe in you – you – if you return Mutt – "Then he got up. He was undoing his education, retreating to the superstitious man making bargains, offering sacrifices, gambling with fate, cajoling, daring whatever was out there -Show me if you exist!Or else I will know you are nothing.Nothing! Nothing! – taunting it."
Author: Kiran Desai
22. "Some of the males rose from the table then, making noise about a rugby rematch. MacRieve tensed, but didn't join them.When a couple of the men said things in Gaelic, their tones taunting, she asked, "Are they trash-talking you?""Oh, aye. According to them, I'm the veriest pussy. Already mate-whipped."
Author: Kresley Cole
23. "So, come on," he said softly, taunting me. "What's the plan here, Ev? How were you going to convince me?""Oh. Well, I was um … I was going to seduce you, I guess. And see what happened. Yeah…""How? By complaining about me buying you stuff?""No. That was just an added bonus. You're welcome."He licked his lips, but I saw the smile. "Right. Come on then, show me your moves.""My moves?""Your seduction techniques. Come on, time's a-wasting." I hesitated and he clicked his tongue, impatient. "I'm only wearing a towel, baby. How hard can this be?"
Author: Kylie Scott
24. "Was there another life she was meant to be living? At times she felt a keen certainty that there was ? a phantom life, taunting her from just out of reach. A sense would come over her while she was drawing or walking, and once while she was dancing slow and close with Kaz, that she was supposed to be doing something else with her hands, with her legs, with her body. Something else. Something else. Something else."
Author: Laini Taylor
25. "He strained his ears, and the darkness felt heavier than before. Oppressive."We're hungry." That came from behind him."They smell tasty," a voice to his left hissed."I don't like this," Andrew said, feeling like the world around them was spinning with voices, taunting, echoing them."I don't like this," a voice parroted. "I don't like this. I don't like this. I don't like this."
Author: Laura Kreitzer
26. "Historically, a story about people inside impressive buildings ignoring or even taunting people standing outside shouting at them turns out to be a story with an unhappy ending."
Author: Lemony Snicket
27. "Oh, I despise you," she cried, twisting helplessly against him. She had begun to feel real fear, not only from his hard grip and taunting words, but also from the shocks of heat running through her. After this, she would never be able to face him again. Which was probably what he intended. A pleading sound came from her throat as she felt a delicately inquiring kiss in the hollow beneath her ear. "You want me," he murmured. In a bewildering shift of mood he turned tender, letting his lips wander slowly along the side of her throat. "Admit it, Hannah—I appeal to your criminal tendencies. And you definitely bring out the worst in me." He drew his mouth over her neck, seeming to savor the swift, unsteady surges of her breathing. "Kiss me," he whispered. "Just once, and I'll let you go." "You are a despicable lecher, and—" "I know. I'm ashamed of myself." But he didn't sound at all ashamed. And his hold didn't loosen. "One kiss, Hannah."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
28. "In the darkness of night,Demons strut, taunting, goading.In the light of day,Angels sing glorious songs.In the time in between,We live our lives alone and searching.And sometimes, softly,You understand damnation.All is forgotten, all is lost,All but forgivenessAnd the memory of her kiss."
Author: Lisa Mangum
29. "Give me this moment," Kahl said to me. I glanced up at him and couldn't fathom the depths of his taunting amber irises."You have it." "Be my angel... Leave with me," he whispered. In that moment, when thoughts of the boy I loved left me and fissures of pure bliss consumed me, I knew I was in trouble."
Author: Nadège Richards
30. "HELLO, my name is your potential. But you can call me impossible. I am the missed opportunities. I am the expectations you will never fulfil. I am always taunting you, regardless of how hard you try, how hard you hope."
Author: Nathan Filer
31. "Then what's the problem?" He was getting irritated now. "Are you scared, V? Scared that fucking me might turn into something more?" Taunting her, he continued, "Scared that I might just be able to get past that impenetrable outer shell?"
Author: Nicole Edwards
32. "One bright, sunny morning not too long before Christmas, Annabelle woke to feel the sunlight's mockery shining upon her shriveled skin. Its rays caressed her body, taunting and reminding her that though her light would soon be extinguished, the world around her would shine on, vibrant as always."
Author: Nicole Ireland
33. "Most well-known serial killers have victims numbering in the dozens, have sent taunting letters to the police or have done bizarre things to the bodies."
Author: Pat Brown
34. "Reluctantly, I pulled out my necklace and showed it to them.Samuel frowned. The little figure was stylized; I suppose he couldn't tell what it was at first."A dog?" asked Zee, staring at my necklace."A lamb," I said defensively, tucking it safely back under my shirt. "Because one of Christ's names is "The Lamb of God.""Samuel's shoulders shook slightly. "I can see it now, Mercy holding a roomful of vampire at bay with her glowing sheep."I gave his shoulder a hard push, aware of the heat climbing to my cheeks, but it didn't help. He sang in a soft taunting voice, "Mercy had a little lamb..."
Author: Patricia Briggs
35. "Jesus says, "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye" (Matthew 7:5). You see these dynamics when David arrives at King Saul's camp, bringing food for his older brothers. David is surprised to hear Goliath taunting the Israelites and their God. He is shocked that no one has the courage to challenge Goliath and blurts out, "Who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?" (1 Samuel 17:26). David reacts to the split between Israel's public faith and its battlefield..."
Author: Paul Miller
36. "Oh," Sally brightened proud of herself for deciphering his sign language, "you're telling me not to leave my room."Costin nodded his big wolf head again. His eyes had begun glowing back in the party and even now they continued to emit an eerie shade of green.Sally's inner Jen had been triggered as soon as she got the words out. So naturally she did what her inner Jen told her to. She stepped forward putting one toe outside her door. Costin growled, so she stepped back. Watching him coyly she put her other toe outside her door and he growled again. She was inwardly scolding herself for taunting him and allowing her inner Jen to control her actions, but she had discovered long ago that sometimes inner Jen is just more fun.When Sally stuck her foot out for the third time, she giggled when Costin snapped at her. She could tell that he was playing by the way his tail wagged and his eyes lightened, but had not stopped glowing all together."
Author: Quinn Loftis
37. "When God is our Holy Father, sovereignty, holiness, omniscience, and immutability do not terrify us; they leave us full of awe and gratitude. Sovereignty is only tyrannical if it is unbounded by goodness; holiness is only terrifying if it is untempered by grace; omniscience is only taunting if it is unaccompanied by mercy; and immutability is only torturous if there is no guarantee of goodwill."
Author: Ravi Zacharias
38. "Heat burned in his eyes, something a little darker and more intense than our typical bantering called for. "In fact, I'm downright unstoppable now. A god, babe. Come on back to the office, and I'll show you."I walked away, giving him a taunting look over my shoulder, still playing it light. "Not my religion, babe."
Author: Richelle Mead
39. "I hope His Majesty has a decent spread of food for me to eat while I'm being interrogated.""Watch your mouth or the only thing you'll be eating is hot coals.""Do you actually make people do that?"His eyes narrowed. "What kind of person do you take me for?""You are the Captain of the Guard of the most powerful man in the world. Wyrd knows what horrible things you've done to people.""You must be nervous as hell if you're resorting to taunting me."
Author: Sarah J. Maas
40. "The clock ticks; the taunting rhythm serving as a reminder that forward is the only way we can go. The mechanical heartbeat of the darkness, a cold ellipsis, punctuating years gone by. Arising unchained.No glorious hymn, just the steady beat of the illusion of time. We heal or we carry forward the weight of our wounds... To believe otherwise is the mendacity of desperation. Arising honestly. The miles behind are littered with the weight of nostalgia, but too many miles lay ahead us to carry the weight. In the end, even echoes fade away. Pen in hand...Arising to write the next chapter.(MU Articles 2013, Dedication to Joey)"
Author: Shannon L. Alder
41. "Well, if you're through taunting poor Mike, are you ready to go? (Nick)You give me any lip, little boy, and there won't be enough left of you to run through a sieve. (Zarek)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
42. "Did." "What about the flowers?" Henrik said. "I asked her that on the plane coming home. There was one person in the family, apart from Anita, whom she loved, and that was you. She, of course, was the one who sent the flowers. She said that she hoped you would understand that she was alive and that she was doing fine, without having to make an appearance. But since her only channel of information was Anita, who moved abroad as soon as she finished her studies and never visited Hedestad, Harriet's awareness about what went on here was limited. She never knew how terribly you suffered or that you thought it was her murderer taunting you." "I"
Author: Stieg Larsson
43. "To pile on the agony, once we reached Shantytown-a collection of shacks around the Exhibition that fed off the scraps of rich tourists-the ribbon on my bonnet decided today was the day it wanted freedom. It dangled before my face in a taunting display of rebellion."
Author: Susan Dennard
44. "What do you call sneaking out before the sun comes up?" "Punctual," she decided. "I had things to do." "We had things to do." Heat settled low in her belly. "Did we? I don't recall you making an appointment." "Keep running that mouth, hustler," he rasped beside her ear, making her shiver. "I've been impatient to fuck you for days. If you keep taunting me, I'll have no choice but to assume you want it as rough and dirty as I can give it. And, baby?" He nipped her ear. "I saw the way your back arched and your thighs squeezed together when you heard my voice behind you. I know how bad you want it."
Author: Tessa Bailey
45. "Four and I stay behind. I wait until the room is empty and the door is shut before looking at him again. He walks towards me. "Is your-" he begins. "You did that on purpose!" I shout. "Yes, I did," he says quietly. "And you should thank me for helping you." I grit my teeth. "Thank you? You almost stabbed my ear, and you spent the entire time taunting me. Why should I thank you?" "You know, I'm getting a little tired of waiting for you to catch on!" He glares at me, and even when he glares, his eyes looks thoughtful. Their shade of blue is peculiar, so dark it is almost black, with a small patch of lighter blue on the left iris, right next to the corner of his eye."
Author: Veronica Roth
46. "Aaron: Dude, one thing the guy said is you don't taunt voodoo.Zak: Am I taunting?Aaron: Dude, you're taunting the crap out of it!Zak: I am sorry, I am not taunting you I am just talking...Talking loudly."
Author: Zak Bagans
Quotes About Taunting Pictures