Famous Quotes About Tea Party
Browse 109 famous quotes and sayings about Tea Party.
Top Quotes About Tea Party
1. "There is a strong sentiment within the Tea Party that favors a stronger America on the global stage, and with that comes a strong alliance with the State of Israel."
Author: Adam Hasner
2. "Republicans know well that a change of rhetorical pace is necessary. But efforts by their leaders to damp down the bellicosity of newly elected Tea Party types is running into the fact that the Tea Partiers have only the high volume setting on their amplifiers, just like Palin. They're like a couple having a fight at a funeral; politely sotto voce, then suddenly bursting out fortissimo with their plaints and accusations."
Author: Alexander Cockburn
3. "Today, grass-roots Republicans want to drink a bottle of 2010 small-government wine, but our candidates were bottled in another era, before the tea party's ideas took root."
Author: Ari Fleischer
4. "My advice to the tea party freshmen: Slow the galloping horses to a trot. Big government was built over decades; it can't be dismantled in a year, especially when Democrats control the White House."
Author: Ari Fleischer
5. "New Rule: Whenever you think the Tea Party can't get any dumber, they get dumber. Now they're in love with Donald Trump. Because nothing says "We're serious about fiscal responsibility" quite like a billionaire whose corporations have filed for bankruptcy three times."
Author: Bill Maher
6. "New Rule: Stop asking Miss USA contestants if they believe in evolution. It's not their field. It's like asking Stephen Hawking if he believes in hair scrunchies. Here's what they know about: spray tans, fake boobs and baton twirling. Here's what they don't know about: everything else. If I cared about the uninformed opinions of some ditsy beauty queen, I'd join the Tea Party."
Author: Bill Maher
7. "The Tea Party is simply a loose description of local activism driven by Americans who want smaller government and more self-reliance. That sounds like what the Founding Fathers had in mind, does it not?"
Author: Bill O'Reilly
8. "She had been to a tea-party with an antediluvian monster, and that they had been waited on by up-to-date men-servants."
Author: Bram Stoker
9. "Friends think your life is so glamorous, and it is. But there are times when, instead of going to a glamorous party, I would rather just come home from work, pop in a DVD and eat some microwave popcorn with a cutie on the sofa."
Author: Carson Kressley
10. "When I am alone, I drink my tea with pinkie raised, like a kid playing "tea party." At times, a fancy British accent is involved. Dahling!"
Author: Christy Hall
11. "My biographer said that my parties reminded them of a vicarage tea party, with sex thrown in."
Author: Cynthia Payne
12. "Don't let any of 'em in the room 'til my guy gets what he needs. We'll be outta here before they get their gloves on.Tea Party Teddy's Legacy"
Author: Dianne Harman Author
13. "Discretion is a polite word for hypocrisy.Tea Party Teddy"
Author: Dianne Harman Author
14. "I call it small government, grass-roots activism: The Tea Party activists are a part of it, FreedomWorks is part of it. FreedomWorks is the longest-standing, most active organization within this movement."
Author: Dick Armey
15. "It was widespread that the politics of Tea Party people would be foreign to Ronald Reagan and they would be seen by him as frivolous and uninformed."
Author: Eugene Jarecki
16. "His track record of pragmatism, depth and candor all speak to a person who would find the Tea Party simplistic, opportunistic and misguided. Reagan was surrounded by some very smart people who gave him very sound advice. They were not wondering where certain countries are on the map."
Author: Eugene Jarecki
17. "Obama is a guy who claims to be unaware that there was a Tea Party, a guy that's detached from the country."
Author: Grover Norquist
18. "You're nothing like your sister," he tells me. "She meant a lot to me, okay? It's true. But the things I like about you have nothing to do with her. You - you are so strong and stubborn it drives me crazy. You're the one going through all this and you still put Laney first every time, instead of throwing yourself the pity party we both know you deserve. You call me out on my shit, and I like that, because sometimes I need someone to call me out on my shit. And you get Johnny Cash, and you take these incredible photos, and everything about you makes me hurt, in a good way, and it blows my mind that someone can be so amazing and not even see it."
Author: Hannah Harrington
19. "We must stop the Tea Party before the United States Senate falls into the hands of extremists and ideologues who leave no room for reason or compromise, who don't recognize common ground even when they're standing on it."
Author: Harry Reid
20. "This nation has been through hard times. But those hard times have hardened our resolve. I'm ready to do the difficult work ahead. But I want to do that work with Barack Obama, and not a Tea Party ideologue. We can move America forward, but we can only do it together."
Author: Harry Reid
21. "Tea Party members go to meetings on Medicare scooters."
Author: Ishmael Reed
22. "We've got to keep an eye on the battle that we face - a war on workers. And you see it everywhere. It is the Tea Party. And there's only one way to beat and win that war - the one thing about working people is, we like a good fight."
Author: James P. Hoffa
23. "Well, look, I'm as Tea Party as it gets."
Author: Jason Chaffetz
24. "Because we're not gay or straight, good or bad, single or married. We're human, and that means we're all sorts of things, and I know you don't want to hear one of my stupid ideas right now, but think about how often we're told to choose. Our whole lives we're asked to. Which team, which army, which political party? Even when that choice is hard, goes against what the majority considers acceptable, we still fail ourselves by letting it define us."(Victor)"
Author: Jay Bell
25. "In many respects, I guess I would say I was into Tea Party before there was a Tea Party."
Author: Jeb Hensarling
26. "I think it's clear to me that what - when I look at the tea party, it's about one-third Democrat, one-third Republican, one-third independents. But 100 percent of them are sure that the agenda that is taking place in Washington, D.C., is about extremism and is about bankrupting this country and every state within this country."
Author: Jeff Sessions
27. "How do you think it should end?" Young Pasquale considered the question. "Well, instead of going back to America during the war, he could go to Germany and try to kill Hitler." "Ah," Alvis Bender said. "Yes. That is exactly what happens, Pasquale. He gets drunk at a party and everyone warns him not to drive, but he makes a giant scene leaving the party and he jumps in his car and accidentally drives over Hitler."
Author: Jess Walter
28. "But I think the - what the tea party movement demonstrates, and I think the, the, the enthusiasm that we're seeing from independents and Republicans, is that if Washington isn't going to change itself, then we're going to change Washington. And I think that's what we're seeing."
Author: John Cornyn
29. "It was the world-without-adults daydream. In my dream I'd never quite figured out where the adults went but we kids were free to roam, to help ourselves to anything we wanted. We'd pick up a Merc from a showroom when we wanted wheels, and when it ran out of petrol we'd get another one. We'd change cars the way I change socks. We'd sleep in different mansions every night, going to new houses instead of putting new sheets on the beds. Life would be one long party.Yes, that had been the dream."
Author: John Marsden
30. "'Rage' is the word that most often attaches itself to the Tea Party movement, and it's true that, from the outside looking in, their public demonstrations appear to be more enraged than any political events in America since the race riots and anti-war protests of the 1960s."
Author: Jonathan Raban
31. "They played Boston. They played at the Boston Tea Party and through an amazing chain of events I got to hang out with them backstage even though I was underage."
Author: Jonathan Richman
32. "The teachers' unions that block school reform have done serious damage to the union brand. The public no longer views unions as their friend, much less their champion. They view them as corrupt, intransigent and more interested in protecting their political clout within the Democratic Party than protecting their members or even school children."
Author: Juan Williams
33. "She's got so many azalea bushes, her yard's going to look like Gone With the Wind come spring. I don't like azaleas and I sure didn't like that movie, the way they made slavery look like a big happy tea party. If I'd played Mammy, I'd of told Scarlett to stick those green draperies up her white little pooper. Maker her own damn man-catching dress."
Author: Kathryn Stockett
34. "Jake's POV: It was just too bad that Chloe was freezing Ally out even though her family hadn't been affected. Because otherwise Ally would be here and maybe I could be making out with her instead of Lisa Freckles. Except that Ally would be making out with David Drake. Was that what they were doing right now? Hooking up at some party? Dorkus Drake got to kiss Ally Ryan whenever he wanted. In what universe was that okay?"
Author: Kieran Scott
35. "I think everyday people on the street who have never been affiliated with the tea party movement are alarmed with the spending and the debt that we have."
Author: Kristi Noem
36. "But to say that Sarah Palin and the tea party movement is responsible for vandalism or threats is just a way to dismiss the American people and, and their dissatisfaction with this health care bill."
Author: Laura Ingraham
37. "Well that was the silliest tea party I ever went to! I am never going back there again!"
Author: Lewis Carroll
38. "The primary task of a useful teacher is to teach his students to recognize 'inconvenient' facts - I mean facts that are inconvenient for their party opinions."
Author: Max Weber
39. "The Tea Party has an important voice in the country and now they have a voice in the U.S. Senate."
Author: Mike Lee
40. "Soon he was picturing little girls with mischievous green eyes and pigtails asking him to play tea. Of course he'd bring real food to the tea party. None of that pretend food bullshit for his little girls. By the time Haley had stopped for breakfast he'd been calmer about everything. He'd already decided to ignore that breakup nonsense. It was just ridiculous and he knew sooner or later Haley would realize that so they could get started on making their all girl baseball team."
Author: R.L. Mathewson
41. "If not for the Tea Party, the Republican Party would not be coming back to its roots."
Author: Richard Mourdock
42. "Like a cowboy saddling a bucking stallion, Republican leaders tried to tame the Tea Party while riding it to victories."
Author: Ron Fournier
43. "Tea Party people know that I stood against the Wall Street scam from Day One, that I voted against TARP, that I voted against repealing Glass-Steagall Act that kept these guys under some control."
Author: Russ Feingold
44. "Freedom is not a tea party, India. Freedom is a war."
Author: Salman Rushdie
45. "If men could learn from history, what lessons it might teach us. But passion and party blind our eyes, and the light which experience gives us is a lantern on the stern, which shines only on the waves behind us."
Author: Samuel Taylor Coleridge
46. "...(It) is to one British colonial policy-maker or another that we owe the Boxer Rebellion, the Mau Mau insurrection, the Boer War, and the Boston Tea Party"
Author: Shashi Tharoor
47. "Surprise me, Atlantean. Attack. This isn't a dance party. (Takeshi)You know, this isn't building my confidence. In fact, I think I'm just going to lie here for a bit and take in some sun. (Acheron)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
48. "First of all, just because the Tea Party people appear to be generally uneducated, ignorant about the political process, ignorant about economics, confused about their own platform from the beginning, and indelicate when it comes to the craft of diplomacy, doesn't mean they're wrong."
Author: Steven Van Zandt
49. "A murder trial is not a Sunday-afternoon tea party."
Author: Vincent Bugliosi
50. "I understand Tea Partyers' anger with the system, but they are in way over their heads and often racially motivated, and I can't be part of that."
Author: Zach Galifianakis
Quotes About Tea Party Pictures