Famous Quotes About Teams
Browse 266 famous quotes and sayings about Teams.
Top Quotes About Teams
1. "If there are dominant teams, people enjoy discussing whether that's good or bad for the game, and if there aren't any dominant teams, then people enjoy discussing that."
Author: Al Michaels
2. "Few teams sometimes fails miserably because team members wish to work in the team but they want to be recognized individualy."
Author: Amit Kalantri
3. "He suddenly began to look wretched, much as I had seen him look as a schoolboy: lonely: awkward: unpopular: odd; no longer the self-confident businessman into which he had grown. His face now brought back the days when one used to watch him plodding off through the drizzle to undertake the long, solitary runs across the dismal fields beyond the sewage farms: runs which were to train him for teams in which he was never included."
Author: Anthony Powell
4. "Mr. Marsham was born (in 1822) into a world that was still essentially medieval—a place of candlelight, medicinal leeches, travel at walking pace, news from afar that was always weeks or months old—and lived to see the introduction of one marvel after another: steamships and speeding trains, telegraphy, photography, anesthesia, indoor plumbing, gas lighting, antisepsis in medicine, refrigeration, telephones, electric lights, recorded music, cars and planes, skyscrapers, motion pictures, radio, and literally tens of thousands of tiny things more, from mass-produced bars of soap to push-along lawn mowers."
Author: Bill Bryson
5. "This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."
Author: Bill Shankly
6. "That seemed to be the case with most of the teams based in the smaller towns - the fans were more rabid, and they wanted to literally kill the opposition."
Author: Bob Cousy
7. "I have played on many teams throughout my career, and I know when a team has the tools, and the right positive attitude towards winning."
Author: Boomer Esiason
8. "I've got one of the best health care teams out there as far as diabetes management."
Author: Charlie Kimball
9. "I've been on teams that lost a hundred games in a season. I've been on teams that had a shot to make the playoffs and fizzled out at the end."
Author: Chili Davis
10. "I think we have a good team, but soccer fans will know that we're in a really tough group. The three teams in our group are really strong. The Czech Republic is a very good team, Italy is traditionally a powerhouse, and Ghana is one of the best teams in Africa."
Author: Claudio Reyna
11. "She once told me of a night that fumed with escapes and was filled with bedsides reeking of ecstasy; she told me the stars cast not judgments, but blessings, knowing full well the disastrous outcomes of the deeds they cradled with the strings of their young hearts. She'd inhaled the night itself, those around her doing the same, and so all become one. No disharmony. No discordance. Nothing to shatter the cause; nothing to unearth the beauty. So as we together ascended that front porch, allowing the glow behind the blown-out windows and the odious steams plunder us from through the cracks...time forgot to distill us, and our steps became as silver as glass. I could no longer deny the boiling words of my blood: tonight would be the beginning of a very long road indeed."
Author: Dave Matthes
12. "If the riders, governing bodies, teams, race organisers and media weren't doing anything about it, then what the hell could I, a 20-year-old neo-pro from Scotland, do about it?"
Author: David Millar
13. "The players get no respect around here. They give you money, that's it, not respect. We get constantly dogged and players from other teams love to see that. That's why nobody wants to play here."
Author: Don Mattingly
14. "When you have bad teams, you've got to be creative to win games you're not supposed to win."
Author: Don Nelson
15. "Boston is a very proud franchise. The NBA misses them when they are not in the mix. They, along with teams like the Knicks and 76ers are a big part of the heart, soul and history of the league."
Author: Doug Collins
16. "Most phenomenal startup teams create businesses that ultimately fail. Why? They built something that nobody wanted."
Author: Eric Ries
17. "Letter to Bill Smith, 1921Wish to hell I was going North when you men do. Doubt if I get up this summer-Jo Eezus (Jesus), sometimes I get to thinking about the Sturgeon and Black during the nocturnal and damn near go cuckoo. May have to give it up for something I want more but that does not keep me from loving it with everything I have. Dats de way tings are. Guy loves a couple of or three steams all his life and loves 'em better than anything in the world--falls in love with a girl and the goddamn streams can dry up for all he cares. Only the hell of it is that all that country has as bad a hold on me as ever--there's as much pull this spring as there ever was--and you know how it's always been--just don't think about it all daytime, but at night it comes and ruins me--and I can't go."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
18. "GGibbie never thought about himself, therefore was there wide room for the entrance of the spirit. Does the questioning thought arise to any reader: How could a man be conscious of bliss without the thought of himself? I answer the doubt: When a man turns to look at himself, that moment the glow of the loftiest bliss begins to fade; the pulsing fire-flies throb paler in the passionate night; an unseen vapour steams up from the marsh and dims the star-crowded sky and the azure sea; and the next moment the very bliss itself looks as if it had never been more than a phosphorescent gleam -- the summer lightning of the brain. For then the man sees himself but in his own dim mirror, whereas ere he turned to look in that, he knew himself in the absolute clarity of God's present thought out-bodying him."
Author: George MacDonald
19. "I think we are going to see exciting cricket all the way. We are watching the two best teams in the world-and I think England will eventually go on to pip Australia by a single Test."
Author: Ian Botham
20. "Danilo's was the kind of place where many drinking men come to hide, be it from their wives, in-laws, their jobs or life in general. it was where men and women can come to drink poison as if it was the only form of medicine available to remedy the migraine headache called life. The lighting dim and secluded, mostly covering the tables, counters and the door to the bathroom. The walls were decorated in decades of memories, favorite sports teams and other miscellaneous decor that was typical of small bars such as this one. It was too dark to tell what they were from a distance. There was a thick layer of smoke hovering in the air around the ceiling lights, the place was smothered in it but was strongest above everyone's heads. The smell was the classic stale bar odor of cigarettes and cheap cigars."
Author: J.C. Henderson
21. "The Daytona 500 is a career-winning race. It defines careers for drivers, crew members, crew chiefs and race teams. It has that power."
Author: Jimmie Johnson
22. "Broadway shows in New York draw two times the attendance of all New York sports teams put together."
Author: John Lahr
23. "There's not too many teams that can succeed on and off the field together."
Author: Johnny Damon
24. "Look at the way teams play against Arsenal. They don't believe they can win. They don't believe."
Author: Jose Mourinho
25. "Life is short, youth is finite, and opportunities endless. Have you found the intersection of your passion and the potential for world-shaping positive impact? If you don't have a great idea of your own, there are plenty of great teams that need you - unknown startups and established teams in giant companies alike."
Author: Justin Rosenstein
26. "I am at the hospital waiting for my friend with Noah. Which is a very couple-like thing to do. All you have to do is watch any teen drama - anytime one of the characters is close to death and/or in a coma, the boyfriend/girlfriend teams always end up at the hospital together.We are eating together. (Another coupley thing to do.)We are talking about my best friend, his girlfriend, and their secret problems that she somehow neglected to tell me. Which means that Noah is the one telling me secrets that even my best friend won't.I like it. All of it. Being here, eating food, telling secrets, everything"
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
27. "In contrast to nearly all European teams—the Dutch team has at times been the notable exception—the French team is and has long been a remarkably diverse group. It is a global team, a kind of transcultural republic"
Author: Laurent Dubois
28. "Here at Carolina, our World Cup opponents marked their calendars. Obviously the other nations wanted to win every game, but a big upset over the U.S. was something we knew other teams would cherish."
Author: Lorrie Fair
29. "I was a breakdancer as a kid. I was on one of the top break dancing teams in Australia."
Author: Manu Bennett
30. "I made a boy's mistake, common enough, of thinking that real life was knowing many things and many people, living dangerously in faraway places, crossing the sea, or starting a power company on the Columbia River, a steamship line in Bolivia."
Author: Mark Helprin
31. "I think England are probably not as streetwise as plenty of other teams. The other top teams know how to keep a victory or do certain things to hang on to leads or get back in games. They're a lot more streetwise than us. I think as a nation we are very honest, we try to win the right way."
Author: Michael Owen
32. "I don't think teams play this game to hurt other guys. I don't think that's the story. We don't play this game to hurt one another."
Author: Michael Vick
33. "During the game, we find endless ways of saying that our team needs to score goals while at the same time not letting any in: ‘We need a goal here,' ‘We don't want to let one in now,' and so on. (‘Here' and ‘now' are the words intended to indicate a keen understanding of the complex nature of the particular game, but in truth they mean nothing. Teams always need to score, and never want to let one in.)"
Author: Nick Hornby
34. "Image has an influence on what sort of car I will get to drive or deals that I'm offered by teams."
Author: Nico Rosberg
35. "We are Bayern Munich and English teams always have trouble as soon as they leave the island."
Author: Oliver Kahn
36. "None of the teams that actually probably were offering me a job from the getgo, actually in spring training, are in the playoffs right now."
Author: Pedro Martinez
37. "We're going to meet a lot of lonely people in the next week and the next month and the next year. And when they ask us what we're doing, you can say, We're remembering. That's where we'll win out in the long run. And someday we'll remember so much that we'll build the biggest goddamn steamshovel in history and dig the biggest grave of all time and shove war in it and cover it up."
Author: Ray Bradbury
38. "I think the Lombardi teams enjoyed and wanted to get into the big games."
Author: Ray Nitschke
39. "I don't like to compare clubs or players from way back. It's different today. Your ballparks are better. In the days when I played, we had eight teams in each league. Now you have more."
Author: Red Schoendienst
40. "I wish there was a bar I could send opposing teams to and get them hammered or something - I could tell my buddies in New York to leave their places open or something. Playing for the Yankees, guys come at you extremely hard. I have to be ready or I'll be embarrassed."
Author: Roger Clemens
41. "Spanish football is very good but every year the same teams win the league."
Author: Royston Drenthe
42. "Many players want to make as much money as they can and change teams for ten grand. How is that going to make much difference to their lives?"
Author: Ryan Giggs
43. "We found out tonight how important and how crucial momentum swings can be. I thought we were playing very well. We were doing a lot of positive things but then we lost the puck two times in our zone and things swung their way. You can't afford to give teams momentum."
Author: Saku Koivu
44. "As many Giants fans know, we're one of the few teams without cheerleaders."
Author: Steve Tisch
45. "The winter evening settles downWith smell of steaks in passageways.Six o'clock.The burnt-out ends of smoky days.And now a gusty shower wrapsThe grimy scrapsOf withered leaves about your feetAnd newspapers from vacant lots;The showers beatOn broken blinds and chimney-pots,And at the corner of the streetA lonely cab-horse steams and stamps.And then the lighting of the lamps."
Author: T.S. Eliot
46. "I don't have the insight with the Longhorns that I do with the two teams that I own, but as a fan and reading the sports pages, I'm bullish about the Longhorns."
Author: Tom Hicks
47. "Teams Triumph When Today's Tribe Leaders Transform Their Mindset."
Author: Tony Dovale
48. "Baseball is known for superstitious players and cursed teams—and at the root of every curse there's a story. Boston's curse was to trade Babe Ruth to the Yankees. Cubs fans claim a billy goat is responsible for their futility. And Cleveland's curse? The club struggled after its Pennant-winning 1954 season, but it was rich with optimism just two years later as an onslaught of new talent promised to lift the club once more to the ranks of baseball's elite—and by 1959 the club was contending for the Pennant again. And then GM Frank Lane traded Rocky Colavito to the Detroit Tigers and cursed everything."
Author: Tucker Elliot
49. "A vision had seized hold of me, like the demented fury of a hound that has sunk its teeth into the leg of a deer carcass and is shaking and tugging at the downed game so frantically that the hunter gives up trying to calm him. It was the vision of a large steamship scaling a hill under its own steam, working its way up a steep slope in the jungle, while above this natural landscape, which shatters the weak and the strong with equal ferocity, soars the voice of Caruso, silencing all the pain and all the voices of the primeval forest and drowning out all birdsong. To be more precise: bird cries, for in this setting, left unfinished and abandoned by God in wrath, the birds do not sing; they shriek in pain, and confused trees tangle with one another like battling Titans, from horizon to horizon, in a steaming creation still being formed. Fog-panting and exhausted they stand in this unreal misery - and I, like a stanza in a poem written in an unknown foreign tongue, am shaken to the core."
Author: Werner Herzog
50. "The ability of players to jump teams when their contracts are up has hurt fan loyalty."
Author: Will McDonough
Quotes About Teams Pictures