Famous Quotes About Terrorist
Browse 424 famous quotes and sayings about Terrorist.
Top Quotes About Terrorist
1. "A black Mercedes Benz 450 SL pulled up. It was your classic hood auto beloved of terrorists, pimps and African dictators."
Author: Adrian McKinty
2. "The issue of terrorism must be dealt with firmly. We must work very hard to avoid loss of life. We must work very hard to avoid civilian casualties. And those terrorists and Baathists are holding the people of Fallujah hostage. We must release the hostages."
Author: Ahmed Chalabi
3. "Iran's continued pursuit of nuclear weapons, support for international terrorist organizations, and abhorrent human rights practices pose one of the greatest threats to global security."
Author: Allyson Schwartz
4. "Under questioning, a terrorist should be made to yield."
Author: Ami Ayalon
5. "Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy."
Author: Ann Coulter
6. "Poverty does not make people terrorists, but terrorists can exploit the frustration it creates and use it as a breeding-ground for violent ideas."
Author: Anna Lindh
7. "The thing about old friends is not that they love you, but that they know you. They remember that disastrous New Year's Eve when you mixed White Russians and champagne, and how you wore that red maternity dress until everyone was sick of seeing the blaze of it in the office, and the uncomfortable couch in your first apartment and the smoky stove in your beach rental. They look at you and don't really think you look older because they've grown old along with you, and, like the faded paint in a beloved room, they're used to the look. And then one of them is gone, and you've lost a chunk of yourself. The stories of the terrorist attacks of 2001, the tsunami, the Japanese earthquake always used numbers, the deaths of thousands a measure of how great the disaster. Catastrophe is numerical. Loss is singular, one beloved at a time."
Author: Anna Quindlen
8. "Close to 80 percent of all terrorist activity in Samaria was directed and financed either by Hizbullah or the Iranians. Iran continues to increase its involvement in terror attacks inside Israel, particularly through a small but radical minority of Israeli Arabs which Iran supports and directs."
Author: Ariel Sharon
9. "Today's terrorists do not share a particular ethnic, educational or socioeconomic background."
Author: Bennie Thompson
10. "The terrorist uses surprise and stealth, and the only way to defeat that is by having accurate and timely intelligence."
Author: Bill Nelson
11. "Were you terrified, Murgatroyd?" Murgatroyd nodded eagerly. "There you go, girl: You're a terrorist. You make me twitchy, and under Article Forty-One of the 2000 Terrorism Bill, that's all I need. Time for some reasonable force, I think."
Author: China Miéville
12. "We worked to develop our own operations to advance U.S. counterterrorism objectives by penetrating terrorist safe havens and collecting intelligence that would inform policy and enable our own operations."
Author: Cofer Black
13. "We are in a war on terrorism. We need to conduct that war and take it to the terrorists, not here at home."
Author: Craig L. Thomas
14. "The safety gap is so large, in fact, that planes would still be safer than cars even if the threat of terrorism were unimaginably worse than it actually is: An American professor calculated that even if terrorists were hijacking and crashing one passenger jet a week in the United States, a person who took one flight a month for a year would have only a 1-in-135,000 chance of being killed in a hijacking--a trivial risk compared to the annual 1-in-6,000 odds of being killed in a car crash."
Author: Daniel Gardner
15. "Qué es el cáncer?", pensó. "Pues un atentado terrorista cometido por Dios. Qué hace Dios si no cometer atentados como protesta ante...algo, algo tan elevado y trascendente que ni siquiera alcanzamos a captarlo?"
Author: Etgar Keret
16. "President Obama dropped the term 'war on terror', and rightly so. Terrorism is not an enemy but a type of warfare that may or may not be adopted by an enemy. Imagine if, after Pearl Harbor, an attack that relied on aircraft carriers, President Roosevelt had declared a global war on naval aviation. By focusing on terrorism instead of al Qaeda or radical Islam, Bush elevated a specific kind of assault to a position that shaped American global strategy, which left the United States strategically off-balance.Obama may have clarified the nomenclature, but he left in place a significant portion of the imbalance, which is an obsession with the threat of terrorist attacks. As we consider presidential options in the coming decade, it appears imperative that we clear up just how much of a threat terrorism actually presents and what that threat means for U.S. policy."
Author: George Friedman
17. "The civilized world has a common stake in defeating the terrorists."
Author: George P. Shultz
18. "In the eyes of authority - and maybe rightly so - nothing looks more like a terrorist than the ordinary man."
Author: Giorgio Agamben
19. "There was no military reason to drop atomic bombs on Japan. They were used as terrorist weapons - killing innocent people to influence other people."
Author: Harry Browne
20. "I once saw a baby make a boom-boom in his diaper, and I thought, I didn't know infants could be terrorists."
Author: Jarod Kintz
21. "The suffering caused by the terrorists is the real torture."
Author: Jean Marie Le Pen
22. "The elections in Iraq are a victory for freedom and the Iraqi people, and a blow to the transnational network of terrorists who have tried to prevent this day from happening."
Author: Jim Talent
23. "I think the terrorists are just idiots."
Author: Joel Madden
24. "Capturing any member of any terrorist cell or any insurgent cell that we may happen to come across is always very, very valuable, and the thing that interests me is that in most instances after a time, people talk and they tell us what they know."
Author: John Abizaid
25. "Proliferation of nuclear weapons to terrorist organisations is far more dangerous than proliferation of nuclear weapons to states, even states like North Korea."
Author: John Bruton
26. "Iran has long sponsored terrorists who carry out homicide bombings in Israeli cities. However, it is a mistake to believe the danger Iran poses is directed at Israel alone."
Author: John Doolittle
27. "The most extreme individuals and factions in Islamic countries are now more motivated than ever to kill Americans, and the number of potential terrorists has greatly expanded."
Author: John Olver
28. "I did not want to provide a blueprint or roadmap for the terrorists, saying 'Here are our new security procedures'."
Author: John Pistole
29. "If you begin to give people hope that there is a brighter future, there is a new tomorrow, then the people who were yesterday's terrorists become tomorrow's elected officials and they're part of the system."
Author: John Shelby Spong
30. "It is good that these terrorists are now facing justice, but in the reporting of the case, it would be helpful if the media didn't help them with their propaganda mission by unquestioningly repeating false information about their detention."
Author: Jose A. Rodriguez Jr.
31. "And while national military forces have historically resisted the full participation of women soldiers, female talent has found plenty of scope in revolutionary and terrorist groups around the planet."
Author: Katherine Dunn
32. "I'm already moving towards the kitchen as I say this, because one thing I've learned is that you never, ever enter negotiations with a three-and-a-half-year old. It's like negotiating with terrorists."
Author: Kirsty Eagar
33. "Fantômas! The sound of that name evoked the worst horrors! Fantômas! This terrorist, this über-criminal who has never shrunk from any cruelty, any horror - Fantômas is evil personified! Fantômas! He stops at nothing!"
Author: Marcel Allain
34. "We know about bad guys, what they do, and often, who they are. The politicians have chosen to send us into battle, and that's our trade. We do what's necessary. And in my view, once those politicians have elected to send us out to do what 99.9 percent of the country would be terrified to undertake, they should get the hell out of the way and stay there.This entire business of modern war crimes, as identified by the liberal wings of politics and the media, began in Iraq and has been running downhill ever since. Everyone's got to have his little hands in it, blathering on about the public's right to know.Well, the view of most Navy SEALs, the public does not have that right to know, not if it means placing our lives in unnecessary peril because someone in Washington is driving himself mad worrying about the human rights of some cold-hearted terrorist fanatic who would kill us as soon as look at us, as well as any other American at whom he could point that wonky old AK of his."
Author: Marcus Luttrell
35. "Democratic nations must try to find ways to starve the terrorist and the hijacker of the oxygen of publicity on which they depend."
Author: Margaret Thatcher
36. "Right now we're on the President Obama plan, and we'll stay with that. And from my perspective, the reason we're there is to make sure that we can achieve the principal goal which is ensure that Afghanistan can never become a safe haven for a terrorist organization like al Qaeda."
Author: Michael Mullen
37. "I am encouraged by the news today that United States special operations personnel found, identified and killed the terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the operational commander of the al-Qaeda led insurgency in Iraq. Al-Zarqawi was the public face of the insurgency."
Author: Mike Fitzpatrick
38. "I was a witness to lots of death... Saving a human life was something really, really beautiful... no matter who they are. Not only Israeli people owe me their lives. I guarantee many terrorists, many Palestinian leaders, owe me their lives - or in other words, they owe my Lord their lives."
Author: Mosab Hassan Yousef
39. "It is a warning to all those who may think about becoming involved with a terrorist network, people who are willing to destroy their own lives are hard to deter."
Author: Otto Schily
40. "I think Charles Manson was a hair's breath away from just being a terrorist. He wanted to start a war, too."
Author: Patty Hearst
41. "Since 9/11, some of the most violent terrorists we've encountered were radicalized or recruited at universities."
Author: Raymond Kelly
42. "So to recap: we may or may not be going to war with Iraq because Saddam may or may not have weapons of mass destruction, which he may or may not use, or pass to other terrorists groups with whom he may or may not have links."
Author: Rory Bremner
43. "Don't fear the terrorists. They're mothers and fathers."
Author: Rosie O'Donnell
44. "It's always seemed odd to me that after a group of terrorists commits a vile and odious deed they rush messages to the public to claim credit for it."
Author: Russell Baker
45. "Usually I play the bad guy role, a terrorist or someone."
Author: Sayed Badreya
46. "A free and prosperous Iraq will be a major blow to the terrorists and their desire to establish a safe haven in Iraq where they can plan and plot attacks."
Author: Scott McClellan
47. "The damage done to this country by its own misconduct in the last few months and years, to its very heart and soul, is far greater and longer lasting than any damage that any terrorist could possibly inflict upon us."
Author: Theodore C. Sorensen
48. "Today, we are now deciding how do we treat those who are choosing to carry out a war against us, non-U.S. citizens who are choosing to take us to task for what we believe and who we are. In this conflict, we have to decide how we are going to try to find these terrorists."
Author: Todd Tiahrt
49. "How will decent people in the region ever believe in peace if Arab terrorists interpret every gesture of peace as a display of weakness and then act accordingly?"
Author: Tom Lantos
50. "We have terrorists coming into the country both through our Northern and Southern borders."
Author: Tom Tancredo
Quotes About Terrorist Pictures