Famous Quotes About Texans
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Texans.
Top Quotes About Texans
1. "Oh, it doesn't work at all. That's the problem! It's an endless, halting parade of inspections, bribes, and nonsense—but if you're aboard a Texas vessel, you'll find less inconvenience along the way." "It's because of their guns!" declared Mr. Henderson, once more escaping his reverie, bobbing out of it as if to gasp for air. "Concise, my love." Mrs. Henderson gave him a smile. "And correct. Texans are heavily armed and often impatient. They don't need to be transporting arms and gunpowder to create a great nuisance for anyone who stops them, so they tend to be stopped…less often."
Author: Cherie Priest
2. "Texas has a lot of challenges, but if I choose to run I will talk about opening democracy to mainstream Texans and not just to a closed circle of entrenched ideologues."
Author: Chris Bell
3. "Go figure, but Texans seem to be a lot more comfortable around disastrous house fires than they are around anal sex."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
4. "The first game I played. We played against the Dallas Texans."
Author: Jim Otto
5. "Texans are by nature independent people."
Author: Joe Barton
6. "I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it and, as in other religions, few people dare to inspect it for fear of losing their bearings in mystery or paradox. But I think there will be little quarrel with my feeling that Texas is one thing. For all its enormous range of space, climate, and physical appearance, and for all the internal squabbles, contentions, and strivings, Texas has a tight cohesiveness perhaps stronger than any other section of America. Rich, poor, Panhandle, Gulf, city, country, Texas is the obsession, the proper study, and the passionate possession of all Texans."
Author: John Steinbeck
7. "Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans"
Author: John Steinbeck
8. "Texans should not be taxed on our taxes."
Author: Kay Bailey Hutchison
9. "I'm loyal and I think most Texans are very loyal, but I'm also stubborn."
Author: Kelly Clarkson
10. "Our community in North Texas is fortunate to have two thriving airports. We serve millions of satisfied customers and employ hundreds of thousands of North Texans. We should not jeopardize that which is working well already."
Author: Michael Burgess
11. "People actually occupy around 3 per cent of the earth's land surface. If 1,200 square feet was given to every person in the world, they would still all fit into an area the size of Texas - whether the Texans would object is an altogether different issue!"
Author: Michael Coren
12. "In the Steven F. Austin Colony, which was the first colony, Texans first established a provisional government in 1835 with the intention of writing a declaration of independence soon after."
Author: Michael McCaul
13. "Texans take their football seriously. It's practically a religion down there."
Author: Miranda Kenneally
14. "Now let's take up the minorities in our civilisation, shall we? Bigger the population, the more minorities. Don't step on the toes of the dog-lovers, the cat-lovers, doctors, lawyers, merchants, chiefs, Mormons, Baptists, Unitarians, second-generation Chinese, Swedes, Italians, Germans, Texans, Brooklynites, Irishmen, people from Oregon or Mexico. The people in this book, this play, this TV serial are not meant to represent any actual painters, cartographers, mechanics anywhere. The bigger your market, Montag, the less you handle controversy, remember that!"
Author: Ray Bradbury
15. "I knew more about Texas than the Texans and when they told me I would find summer here I smiled knowingly."
Author: Richard H. Davis
16. "Most Texans think Hanukkah is some sort of duck call."
Author: Richard Lewis
17. "At the end of time, all that will be left is cockroaches and Texans."
Author: Sharon Bayliss
18. "We are witnessing a great awakening. Millions of Texans, millions of Americans are rising up to reclaim our country, to defend liberty and to restore the Constitution."
Author: Ted Cruz
19. "Texans aren't cocky. We're just better than you. And you know it."
Author: Tiffany Madison
20. "Texas deserves a leader who understands that making education a priority creates good jobs for Texans and keeps Texas on top."
Author: Wendy Davis
21. "Real Texans don't want any woman to die of cancer because she can't get decent health care or medical advice. Real Texans don't want any woman to lose control of her life because she can't get birth control."
Author: Wendy Davis
Quotes About Texans Pictures