Famous Quotes About Thank You God
Browse 58 famous quotes and sayings about Thank You God.
Top Quotes About Thank You God
1. "Welcome Morning"There is joyin all:in the hair I brush each morning,in the Cannon towel, newly washed,that I rub my body with each morning,in the chapel of eggs I cookeach morning,in the outcry from the kettlethat heats my coffeeeach morning,in the spoon and the chairthat cry "hello there, Anne"each morning,in the godhead of the tablethat I set my silver, plate, cup uponeach morning.All this is God,right here in my pea-green houseeach morningand I mean,though often forget,to give thanks,to faint down by the kitchen tablein a prayer of rejoicingas the holy birds at the kitchen windowpeck into their marriage of seeds.So while I think of it,let me paint a thank-you on my palmfor this God, this laughter of the morning,lest it go unspoken.The Joy that isn't shared, I've heard,dies young."
Author: Anne Sexton
2. "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
3. "Give all of your worries to God and let him iron your problems."do not be anxious about anything,but in everything,by prayer and pentition,with thanks giving, presnet your requests to God." philippians 4:6"
4. "I thought that all of the sacrifices and blessings of the whole history of mankind have devolved upon me. Thank you, God."
Author: Ben Stein
5. "Henri Nouwen wrote of the spiritual work of gratitude: To be grateful for the good things that happen in our lives is easy, but to be grateful for all of our lives—the good as well as the bad, the moments of joy as well as the moments of sorrow, the successes as well as the failures, the rewards as well as the rejections—that requires hard spiritual work. Still, we are only grateful people when we can say thank you to all that has brought us to the present moment. As long as we keep dividing our lives between events and people we would like to remember and those we would rather forget, we cannot claim the fullness of our beings as a gift of God to be grateful for. Let's not be afraid to look at everything that has brought us to where we are now and trust that we will soon see in it the guiding hand of a loving God.2"
Author: Brennan Manning
6. "At what point did men decide that women are "on the market" to "be picked?" "Pick me! Pick me!" Oh really? Is it really like that? I shall be the one to do the picking, thank you. No one will in any way line me up against the wall and take a pick. Men do not do the picking. Women do the picking. Only stupid women wish to be "picked out." This is the ancient way, this is the way of gods and angels. Women are not "on the market;" women are seated on thrones."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
7. "Suppose one reads a story of filthy atrocities in the paper. Then suppose that something turns up suggesting that the story might not be quite true, or not quite so bad as it was made out. Is one's first feeling, 'Thank God, even they aren't quite so bad as that,' or is it a feeling of disappointment, and even a determination to cling to the first story for the sheer pleasure of thinking your enemies are as bad as possible? If it is the second then it is, I am afraid, the first step in a process which, if followed to the end, will make us into devils. You see, one is beginning to wish that black was a little blacker. If we give that wish its head, later on we shall wish to see grey as black, and then to see white itself as black. Finally we shall insist on seeing everything -- God and our friends and ourselves included -- as bad, and not be able to stop doing it: we shall be fixed for ever in a universe of pure hatred."
Author: C.S. Lewis
8. "Paul saith, 'Not of works, lest any man should boast.' Now, faith excludes all boasting. The hand which receives charity does not say, 'I am to be thanked for accepting the gift'; that would be absurd. When the hand conveys bread to the mouth it does not say to the body, 'Thank me; for I feed you.' It is a very simple thing that the hand does though a very necessary thing; and it never arrogates glory to itself for what it does. So God has selected faith to receive the unspeakable gift of His grace, because it cannot take to itself any credit, but must adore the gracious God who is the giver of all good."
Author: Charles H. Spurgeon
9. "I've even got one for you, too, Ellie.""Wow, thank you, Marcus.""The second one was supposed to be mine," he admitted with a shrug. "But since I don't want to look like a jackass, I'll give it to you. See what a nice guy I am?"I rolled my eyes at him. "God, Marcus, you're the sweetest guy ever."He grinned stupidly. "Actually, that's not true. I got it for you to begin with, because you two are attached at the hip and I figured you'd show up together. You're so predictable."
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
10. "YOUR LIFE HAS BEEN A MIX OF TRIUMPHS AND TOILS, CHALLENGES AND TESTS, AND YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND WORTHY. YOUR FAITH IN ME AND YOUR LOVING HEART ARE A TESTAMENT TO MY PEOPLE.'Thank you, my God.'COME, BE WITH ME. SIT WITH ME AT MY TABLE; JOIN ME IN RAPTURE. AND BRING YOUR CUTE FRIEND TOO."
Author: Daniel Keidl
11. "You can't forget how important coming together is, whether it be a mom and a son, a dad and a daughter, whether the family be ten people, or twenty people, or a million people. Dinnertime is the perfect time for that. Dinnertime is the perfect time when you can sit down, you can offer thanks to your kids for making you laugh, or to your parents for supporting you, or to a god for looking out for you, or to whomever you want. You can just close your eyes and open them again and realize that you have the opportunity everyday to change your life, or change someone else's. Dinnertime is a great time to think about that. ~ Dillon, age 22 From Dinnertimes: Stories of American Life, 1912 to 2012"
Author: Deborah L. Halliday
12. "I was crying for joy, my Sassenach,' he said softly. He reached out slowly and took my face between his hands. "And thanking God that I have two hands. That I have two hands to hold you with. To serve you with, to love you with. Thanking God that I am a whole man still, because of you."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
13. "I made decaf," he said. "Caffeine isn't good for you.""Thank you, Mama Lane."He made a face at her. "Tate and I used to share everything. Let him go off in a snit. I'll share his baby. If he doesn't come back, I'll appropriate it, and you.""That's one area where all your commando skills will fail, dear man," she said affectionately. "I like you very much, and you can be baby's godfather. But I'm raising this child myself.""Godfather." He was savoring the word when the toast popped up."Bad choice of words," she murmured. "I wouldn't want to give you any bad ideas. I don't want my child outfitted in a fedora and a machine gun.""Commando godfathers are a different breed.""Black bags and camo gear aren't much better," she informed him."Spoilsport. Where's your sense of adventure?""Hanging in the shower trying to dry out."
Author: Diana Palmer
14. "I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes."
Author: E. E. Cummings
15. "It is only that people are far more different than is pretended. All over the world men and women are worrying because they cannot develop as they are supposed to develop. Here and there they have the matter out, and it comforts them. Don't fret yourself, Helen. Develop what you have; love your child. I do not love children. I am thankful to have none. I can play with their beauty and charm, but that is all - nothing real, not one scrap of what there ought to be. And others - others go farther still, and move outside humanity altogether. A place, as well as a person, may catch the glow. Don't you see that all this leads to comfort in the end? It is part of the battle against sameness. Differences - eternal differences, planted by God in a single family, so that there may always be colour; sorrow, perhaps, but colour in the daily grey."
Author: E.M. Forster
16. "God, thank you for waking me up this morning. I want to embrace every day, however limited my day may be, as a gift from God. I want to live this day to its fullest. I know there are things I can no longer do. I know I am facing daily limitations. But I want to focus on what I can do, not on what I cannot do. So help me God. I know this day will never be repeated. I know I cannot live it over again. Help me to live it to its fullest."
Author: Ed Dobson
17. "And how closely related to you is Cousin Beatrice?"Reynaud gave him a look. "Not that close."Glad to hear it." Vale dropped into a cushioned chair. "I hope she recovers fully so that you can then propose to her. Because I tell you now, matrimony truly is a blessed state, enjoyed by all men of good sense and halfway adequate bedroom skills.""Thank you for that edifying thought," Reynaud growled.Vale waved his glass. "Think nothing of it. I say, you haven't forgotten how to treat a lady in the bedroom, have you?""Oh, for God's sake!""You've been out of refined society for years and years now. I could give you some pointers, should you need them."
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
18. "Thank you, God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough."
Author: Garrison Keillor
19. "Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won't feel so thankful then."
Author: Garrison Keillor
20. "Thank you, sweet lady.' Ser Dontos lurched clumsily to his feet, and brushed earth and leaves from his knees. 'Your lord father was as true a man as the realm has ever known, but I stood by and let them slay him. I said nothing, did nothing . . . and yet, when Joffrey would have slain me, you spoke up. Lady, I have never been a hero, no Ryam Redwyne or Barristan the Bold. I've won no tourneys, no renown in war . . . but I was a knight once, and you have helped me remember what that meant. My life is a poor thing, but it is yours.' Ser Dontos placed a hand on the gnarled bole of the heart tree. He was shaking, she saw. 'I vow, with your father's gods as witness, that I shall send you home."
Author: George R.R. Martin
21. "So rest and relax and grow stronger, Let go and let God share your load, Your work is not finished or ended, You've just come to "a bend in the road". "When you ask God for a gift, be thankful if He sends, not diamonds, pearls or riches, but the love of real true friends." "It takes a Mother's Love to make a house a home, a place to be remembered, no matter where we roam." "When you are in troubled and worried and sick at heart And your plans are upset and your world falls apart, Remember God's ready and waiting to share The burden you find much to heavy to bear– So with faith, "Let Go and Let GOD" lead your way."
Author: Helen Steiner Rice
22. "To be grateful for the good things that happen in our lives is easy, but to be grateful for all of our lives the good as well as the bad, the moments of joy as well as the moments of sorrow, the successes as well as the failures, the rewards as well as the rejections that requires hard spiritual work. Still, we are only grateful people when we can say thank you to all that has brought us to the present moment. As long as we keep dividing our lives between events and people we would like to remember and those we would rather forget, we cannot claim the fullness of our beings as a gift of God to be grateful for. Let's not be afraid to look at everything that has brought us to where we are now and trust that we will soon see in it the guiding hand of a loving God."
Author: Henri J.M. Nouwen
23. "I've seen you naked before, Maddie."Her mouth dropped open. "You have not seen me completely naked, thank you very much."His eyes glittered. "Actually, once before I have, when you were like five. You ran through the house buck-ass naked when you had chicken pox.""Oh, dear God, why do you remember these things?" She was going to drown herself, right here in the tub."
Author: J. Lynn
24. "Well, I guess it's all in God's hands anyway. He has a way of making things turn out," Mattie asserted."Yes, He does. Doesn't He? Thank you for reminding me of that, Mattie." She gave her friend a hug. "Sometimes it's hard not to second guess the choices I've made.""I know what you mean. When life brings changes, I think we tend to do that more." Mattie wiped away a tear. "I miss the old life sometimes, but I know this is God's will for me. And God's will is always best, whether we realize it at the time or not."
Author: J.E.B. Spredemann
25. "My dad: "Emily, this risotto…" My mom: "It's just delicious." Gus's mom: "Oh, thanks. I'd be happy to give you the recipe." Gus, swallowing a bite: "You know, this primary taste I'm getting is not-Oranjee." Me: "Good observation, Gus. This food, while delicious, does not taste like Oranjee." My mom: "Hazel." Gus: "It tastes like…" Me: "Food." Gus: "Yes, precisely. It tastes like food, excellently prepared. But it does not taste, how do I put this delicately…?" Me: "It does not taste like God Himself cooked heaven into a series of five dishes which were then served to you accompanied by several luminous balls of fermented, bubbly plasma while actual and literal flower petals floated down all around your canal-side dinner table." Gus: "Nicely phrased." Gus's father: "Our children are weird." My dad: "Nicely phrased."
Author: John Green
26. "Thank you God. I believe in You and always will."
Author: José N. Harris
27. "Adina appealed to the sky. "We asked for rescue and you sent us incompetent rockstar pirates with a broken ship and perfect abs?""Thank you, God," Petra said."
Author: Libba Bray
28. "Carly heard the click of Shadowfax's hooves as she came over to them. She snorted in Carly's face and bumped her nose against her shoulder. As Carly petted her, Shadowfax hooked a foreleg over Carly's hip as though to draw her closer for a hug and laid her head over Carly's shoulder with a soft rumble. "Good horse. Thank you for biting that awful man." "I've never seen anything like this," Justin, said with wonder in his voice. "I swear to God, you're like a video game Druid, sending animals to do your bidding."
Author: Lissa Bryan
29. "JOH! Thank God I found you.""I have 9022 gods listed in my database. Must I thank all of them?"
Author: Maureen A. Miller
30. "Hi, Dean," Allie says breathlessly."Hey, Allie." His voice is like hot water sliding over a polished floor. "How's that boyfriend of yours treating you?"Allie smiles, her face getting a little pink. "Really well, thanks.""Good." Dean reaches out to give my long ponytail a gentle tug. "And how's that husband of yours treating you, Liv?"I meet his gaze, my heart thumping at the potent combi- nation of heat and tenderness in his eyes. "He does all right.""Guess he'd better work harder, huh?""Couldn't hurt.""God, you two. Get a room." Allie fans herself with a magazine and rolls her eyes."
Author: Nina Lane
31. "Listen to Your Lover (Or Babe, Sweetie Cakes, Hot Rod, Honey, Dancing Queen, Dairy Queen, etc.)If she tells you she likes it when you bite her neck—do it! It doesn't matter where she learned that she likes it or why she does, just be thankful you got the tip. Girls don't always express what they want, so when she does say it, you really want to make sure you are paying attention. Also, learn her language (unless it is Mandarin, because that shit is impossible). If you start pulling her hair and she starts moaning, that's her way of saying, "Ohmygod, please do this more, and by more I mean all the time." And the more you please her, the more she'll want to do it with you. It's a win-win!"
Author: Olivia Munn
32. "Thank you to everyone that has made me the athlete I am! God, family and friends, my competitors and supporters! You have all had a hand!"
Author: Oscar Pistorius
33. "Lord, thank You that You are: Emmanuel: My God with Me (Matt. 1:22–23) El-Channun: The Gracious God (Jon. 4:2) El Hanne'eman: The Faithful God (Deut. 7:9) El Roi: The God Who Sees Me (Gen. 16:13–14) El ha-Gibbor: The Mighty God, God the Hero (Isa. 9:6) El Shaddai: The All-Sufficient God (Gen. 17:1–2) El Sali: God of My Strength (Ps. 42:9) El Olam: The Everlasting God (Gen. 21:32–33) El Elyon: The Most High God (Dan. 4:34) Elohim: God, My Mighty Creator (Gen. 1:1) Jehovah Jireh: The Lord Who Will Provide for Me (Gen. 22:13–14) Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals Me (Exod. 15:26) Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner (Exod. 17:15–16) Jehovah Shalom: The Lord My Peace (Judg. 6:24) Yahweh Tsuri: The Lord My Rock (Ps. 144:1) Jehovah Rohi: The Lord My Shepherd (Ps. 23:1) Jehovah Shammah: The Lord Is There for Me (Ezek. 48:35) Abba: My Father (Ps. 68:5–6)"
Author: Renee Swope
34. "I held out the painting of the cat and the snake."It's a cat and a snake," Thoth said.Thank you, god of wisdom. You placed it for us to find, didn't you? You're trying to give us some sort of clue.""Who, me?"Just kill him, Horus said.Shut up, I said.At least kill the guitar."
Author: Rick Riordan
35. "In person, if possible, Anubis was even more drop-dead gorgeous. [Oh . . . ha, ha. I didn't catch the pun, but thank you, Carter. God of the dead, drop-dead gorgeous. Yes, hilarious. Now, may I continue?]"
Author: Rick Riordan
36. "You deal with me very frankly, and I thank you for it,' said I. 'I will try on my side to be no less honest. I believe these deep duties may lie upon your lordship; I believe you may have laid them on your conscience when you took the oaths of the high office which you hold. But for me, who am just a plain man--or scarce a man yet--the plain duties must suffice. I can think but of two things, of a poor soul in the immediate and unjust danger of a shameful death, and of the cries and tears of his wife that still tingle in my head. I cannot see beyond, my lord. It's the way I am made. If the country has to fall, it has to fall. And I pray God, if this is wilful blindness, that He may enlighten me before too late."
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
37. "Just when I think you've hit bottom you continue to amaze me," Kyle said. "Or, does this get worse? Nothing would surprise me after this. Are you sleeping with a married man whose wife is dying of cancer?"Elroy didn't think he'd done anything wrong. "I know nothing about his wife, or his husband for that matter. I don't ask and I'm not out to break up his home. Lighten up, man. Everybody does it. It's not like I'm going to freaking marry this dude. I'm only having a little fun with him. You wanna come with me? We'll have a three-way. You should see the way this guy moves. It will blow your mind."With that remark Kyle shoved his hands into his pockets and walked faster. "No, thank you. That's not something I'm interested in doing. Meeting nice, decent people is the only thing that blows my mind. I just hope you're using condoms, you goddman asshole."
Author: Ryan Field
38. "You were right to come to me with this."She smiled at him then, the first smile she'd ever given him. It brought life to her face and a softness to her features that blazed a path through to his very soul."Thank you," she said.God save him, he must keep his wits about him. "You're welcome." He turned for the door. He had to get out of here. If she ever guessed what she did to him, she'd mock him mercilessly for daring to raise his gaze so high. "If that's all-""Actually," she said, "I need something else from you, too."Confound it all, he'd nearly escaped. Slowly he faced her once more. "Yes?"She took in a breath, then lifted her chin. "I need you to investigate my suitors."
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
39. "Thank God for what you have, and trust God for what you need"
Author: Shearon Hurst
40. "Thank you. (Nykyrian)For what? (Kiara)For giving me a life worth living. I know I'm not worth it, and that I don't deserve it, but I swear to the gods I finally believe in that I will spend every moment I have left making you happy and trying to be worthy of you. (Nykyrian)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
41. "Oh no, that's for you. Presents make people happy. The Simi wants you to be happy. (Simi)Thank you, Simi. (Gallagher)No need to thank me. See, that's what families do. They take care of each other. (Simi)I no longer have a family. I had to give them up. (Gallagher)Of course you have a family. Everyone has family. I'm your family. Akri your family. Even that smelly old goddess is your family. She's that creepy old aunt who comes around but nobody likes her so they make fun of her when she's gone. (Simi)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
42. "I love you, don't I? And the gods know you are definitely not easy to deal with. (Aimee)Thanks, Aim. By the way I still have a tiny bit of confidence left. Please make sure you stomp on it too while you're at it. Gods forbid it should actually grow into something called self-esteem. (Fang)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
43. "Therefore it is necessary to make every effort to call upon Christ the Saviour with perfect faith. It is indispensable for every Christian to acquire the habit of turning quickly to God in prayer about everything: "in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." "
Author: St. John Of Kronstadt
44. "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. JOHN 15:12 Dear Jesus, help me to love others the way that You do. I know that You love them unconditionally, no matter how they act or what they have done. I find it hard to always do that. You have commanded us to love You and love others, but I find it far easier to love You than I do to love them. Other people fail me and You never do. Other people can be unloving and You never are. That's why I need Your love to fill my heart every day. Thank You that You are the God of love—You don't just have love, You are love. I pray that Your Spirit of love in me will flow out of me to others like a river. Enable me to show love even to those who are hard to love. Teach me how to be loving to others in a consistent and unfailing way. Enable me to be the kind of person people are attracted to because of Your love in me. In Jesus' name"
Author: Stormie Omartian
45. "I felt someone should personally thank every rock out there for the human misery it had absorbed. We should kiss them one by one & say, we are sorry, but something strong & lasting had to do this for May, & you are the chosen ones. God bless your rock hearts."
Author: Sue Monk Kidd
46. "Vimes shook some lather off the blade. "Hah! I bet they have. Tell me, Willikins, did you fight much when you were a kid? Were you in a gang or anything?""I was privileged to belong to the Shamlegger Street Rude Boys, sir," said the butler."Really?" said Vimes, genuinely impressed. "They were pretty tough nuts, as I recall.""Thank you, sir," said Willikins smoothly. "I pride myself I used to give somewhat more than I got if we needed to discuss the vexed area of turf issues with the young men from Rope Street. Stevedore's hooks were their weapon of choice, as I recall.""And yours...?" said Vimes, agog."A cap-brim sewn with sharpened pennies, sir. An ever-present help in times of trouble.""Ye gods, man! You could put someone's eye out with something like that.""With care, sir, yes," said Willikins, meticulously folding a towel."
Author: Terry Pratchett
47. "Today I prayed for Boston, for America, my home away from home. Today, I realized how lucky we Sri Lankans are to have peace in our country. How I feel today, hearing of the bombs going off in the city brings back memories of how I used to feel four years ago in Sri Lanka when the LTTE was setting off bombs all around Colombo. That feeling I used to get when I hear about a bomb blast, the goosebumps, the school evacuation drills, the breaking news footage, and most of all, that fear we Sri Lankans used to feel, every second of everyday, it all came back to me today. Thank you God for bringing peace to my country, look after America the way you did Sri Lanka."
Author: Thisuri Wanniarachchi
48. "Thank God no one was bouncing.''You can say that again, Ass Whisperer.''Thank God no one was bouncing,' Cam said, and she started to drift off to sleep."
Author: Wendy Wunder
49. "So tell me, since it makes no factual difference to you and you can't prove the question either way, which story do you prefer? Which is the better story, the story with animals or the story without animals?' Mr. Okamoto: 'That's an interesting question?' Mr. Chiba: 'The story with animals.' Mr. Okamoto: 'Yes. The story with animals is the better story.' Pi Patel: 'Thank you. And so it goes with God."
Author: Yann Martel
50. "Some of us are happy with our African hair, thank you very much. I don't want some poor Indian girl's hair. And I wish to God I could buy black hair products from black people for once. How we going to make it in this country if we don't make our own business?"
Author: Zadie Smith
Quotes About Thank You God Pictures