Famous Quotes About Thankfully
Browse 70 famous quotes and sayings about Thankfully.
Top Quotes About Thankfully
1. "It is hard to bring paedophile rings to justice. Thankfully it does happen. Perhaps the most horrific recent case came before the High Court in Edinburgh in June 2007. It involved a mother who stood by and watched as her daughter of nine was gang-raped by members of a paedophile ring at her home in Granton, in the north of Edinburgh. The mother, Caroline Dunsmore, had allowed her two daughters to be used in this way from the age of five. Sentencing Dunsmore to twelve years in prison judge, Lord Malcolm, said he would take into account public revulsion at the grievous crimes against the two girls. He told the forty-three-year-old woman: 'It is hard to imagine a more grievous breach of trust on the part of a mother towards her child.' Morris Petch and John O'Flaherty were also jailed for taking part in raping the children. Child abuse nearly always takes place at home and members of the family are usually involved."
Author: Alice Jamieson
2. "'Master Harold' is about me as a little boy, and my father, who was an alcoholic. There's a thread running down the Fugard line of alcoholism. Thankfully I haven't passed it on to my child, a wonderful daughter who's stone-cold sober. But I had the tendency from my father, just as he had had it from his father."
Author: Athol Fugard
3. "What's the nastiest injury I've sustained? Just a frostbitten toe... but thankfully it's still intact."
Author: Ben Saunders
4. "Religion is spelled 'D-O', because it consists of the things people do try to somehow gain God's forgiveness and favor. But the problem is that you never know when you've done enough. But thankfully, Christianity is spelled differently. It's spelled 'D-O-N-E', which means that what we could never for ourselves, Christ has already done for us. To become a real Christian is to humbly receive God's gift of forgiveness and to commit to following His leadership."
Author: Bill Hybels
5. "Prior to going to college, I had a pretty strong accent, and that was one of the things I had to work on a lot. I went to North Carolina School of the Arts; my speech teacher... that was one of the things we really had to work on over the years, and thankfully I think it finally worked."
Author: Chris Parnell
6. "In the '60s when I was a student, there was this campaign to destroy 75 percent of the old buildings in Paris, replacing them with modern architecture. I realized this as a dangerous utopia. This modern vision did not understand the richness of the city. Thankfully, such destruction did not happen."
Author: Christian De Portzamparc
7. "I'm very happy where 3-D is going, which is that it's becoming a choice - and thankfully, most people are still choosing 2-D."
Author: Christopher Nolan
8. "The performance was exotic. It was short. And it wasn't much more dreadful than the Chinese opera that had been performed last year."Bravo!" Ned called. He applauded madly. Thankfully, everyone joined in.Blakely bowed, rather stiffly, and picked his way through the rows toward his seat. He didn't even make eye contact with Ned, didn't acknowledge that Ned had just saved him.Ha, Just because Blakely had no humility didn't mean Ned couldn't try to humiliate him further."Encore!" Ned shouted.Blakely fixed Ned with a look that promised eventual dismemberment. Luckily for the future attachment of Ned's limbs, nobody else took up the cry."
Author: Courtney Milan
9. "Call upon me in the Day of Trouble, and I will deliver, and thou shalt glorify me...Wait on the Lord, and be of good Cheer, and he shall strengthen thy Heart; wait, I say, on the Lord:' It is impossible to express the Comfort this gave me. In Answer, I thankfully laid down the Book, and was no more sad, at least, not on that Occasion."
Author: Daniel Defoe
10. "The joy of my career is I've been very blessed to be able to be an actor in major films, television, theater, and also British radio. In fact, my dream as an actor when I started out was to be able to work in all the media. Thankfully, that's what I'm being given to do."
Author: David Suchet
11. "But, finally, I had to open my eyes. I had to stop keeping secrets. The truth, thankfully, is insistent. What I saw then made action necessary. I had to see people for who they were. I had to understand why I made the choices I did. Why I had given them my loyalty. I had to make changed. I had to stop allowing love to be dangerous. I had to learn how to protect myself. But first… I had to look"
Author: Deb Caletti
12. "Angry Trish had changed all his contacts to characters from Fifty Shades of Grey. He knew this because Al's Auto Shop, usually listed first, was now "50 Shades of Grey gave me more orgasms than you." After that he had Anastasia Steele and A Helicopter. Worst of all, his mom—whose number he could thankfully remember—was listed as The Red Room of Pain."
Author: Debra Anastasia
13. "Christian community is like the Christian's sanctification. It is a gift of God which we cannot claim. Only God knows the real state of our fellowship, of our sanctification. What may appear weak and trifling to us may be great and glorious to God. Just as the Christian should not be constantly feeling his spiritual pulse, so, too, the Christian community has not been given to us by God for us to be constantly taking its temperature. The more thankfully we daily receive what is given to us, the more surely and steadily will fellowship increase and grow from day to day as God pleases."
Author: Dietrich Bonhoeffer
14. "The beauty of Rome is that you can wander into a pizzeria just about anywhere and get a real Italian pizza that's thankfully worlds away from the Super Supreme I used to order at Pizza Hut as a kid."
Author: Ed Stoppard
15. "Thankfully, President Obama has stood firmly behind women's health care issues by supporting coverage for contraception and reaffirming commitment to organizations like Planned Parenthood."
Author: Felicity Huffman
16. "She needed to get out of there. Her brains, thankfully, were still safely in her skull, but her emotions were splattered on the pavement."
Author: Francine Pascal
17. "If these hands, used to fighting, would be acceptable to His Holiness, we most thankfully dedicate them to the service of him who deserves so well of the Church and of the fatherland."
Author: Giuseppe Garibaldi
18. "Thankfully I'm not endlessly ambitious, but I have done some crazy ambitious things like buying an island off the west coast of Scotland in the late Sixties."
Author: Jack Bruce
19. "And of course Marc Cherry heightens it and makes it hilarious. But there's so many universal themes in the show, and he made it so funny. We knew he was onto something if he could keep it up and, thankfully, he did."
Author: James Denton
20. "The evils arising from the loss of her uncle were neither trifling nor likely to lessen; and when thought had been freely indulged, in contrasting the past and the present, the employment of mind and dissipation of unpleasant ideas which only reading could produce made her thankfully turn to a book."
Author: Jane Austen
21. "I'd kill for any one of my friends. Thankfully for the overpopulated prison system, I don't have any friends."
Author: Jarod Kintz
22. "For my whole career, I've been a singer-slash-songwriter, even though I'm very thankfully known for my voice. Songwriting has always been a joy in my life, and to be recognized for it is extremely validating."
Author: Jennifer Nettles
23. "We must be persuaded not only that as he once formed the world, so he sustains it by his boundless power, governs it by his wisdom, preserves it by his goodness, in particular, rules the human race with justice and Judgment, bears with them in mercy, shields them by his protection; but also that not a particle of light, or wisdom, or justice, or power, or rectitude, or genuine truth, will anywhere be found, which does not flow from him, and of which he is not the cause; in this way we must learn to expect and ask all things from him, and thankfully ascribe to him whatever we receive."
Author: John Calvin
24. "F. Franklin the Fourth has a job with a firm rich in heritage, money and pretentiousness, a firm vastly superior to Brodnax and Speer. His sidekicks at the moment are W. Harper Whittenson, an arrogant little snot who will, thankfully, leave Memphis and practice with a mega-firm in Dallas; J. Townsend Gross, who has accepted a position with another huge firm; and James Straybeck, a sometimes friendly sort who's suffered three years of law school without an initial to place before his name or numerals to stick after it. With such a short name, his future as a big-firm lawyer is in jeopardy. I doubt if he'll make it."
Author: John Grisham
25. "If we have to wait to see how we feel before we know if we can enjoy the day, then we are giving feelings control over us. But thankfully we have free will and can make decisions that are not based on feelings. If we are willing to make right choices regardless of how we feel, God will always be faithful to give us the strength to do so. Living the good life that God has made ready for us is based on our being obedient to His way of being and doing. He gives us the strength to do what is right, but we are the ones who must choose it… God won't do it for us."
Author: Joyce Meyer
26. "Eloise, whose mouth was as sharp as Hyacinth's (though thankfully tempered by some discretion), hadremarked that they had best get Hyacinth married off quickly or their mother was going to become analcoholic. Lady Bridgerton had not appreciated the comment, although she privately thought it might betrue."
Author: Julia Quinn
27. "Madame Vastra and the others made their return to Paternoster Row by a circumspect route. Strax in particular was keen to intercept any individual he suspected might be following and forcibly remove a variety of their limbs and appendages. But Jenny prevailed upon him that most of the people he singled out were merely walking past. Given the lateness of the hour there were, thankfully, not many.‘What about him?' Strax said, pointing to a figure shambling slowly along on the opposite pavement.‘That old lady is selling lucky heather, and she's heading in a different direction so she's unlikely to be following us.'‘She could be bluffing. And who is this Lucky Heather anyway?'‘It's heather – it's a plant not a person. It's supposed to be lucky.'‘Not if I catch her, it won't be.'‘Strax,' Vastra said simply. ‘No."
Author: Justin Richards
28. "Thankfully, the farmers understand my request that the children not be allowed to peer through the windows at me.It would be alarming for them to see me with their dolls, to see me using the knife on their faces. There are some things children never should see."
Author: Kate Bernheimer
29. "Thankfully, God's plans do not seem to be affected much by my own."
Author: Katie J. Davis
30. "Thankfully, life is a journey of progress and not perfection, and we can improve our blurred reflection by taking up the Sword of the Spirit. We can find a healthy dose of just how much God loves us in the Bible and start to have as much respect for ourselves as God has for us."
Author: Kristen Clark
31. "Do not indulge in dreams of having what you have not, but reckon up the chief of the blessings you do possess, and then thankfully remember how you would crave for them if they were not yours."
Author: Marcus Aurelius
32. "She tried to wash off the angel dust, with only marginal success. Her skin continued to shine but it wasn't as noticeable. And thankfully, the stuff didn't, in fact, glow in the dark."
Author: Nalini Singh
33. "Thankfully, it became clear to me that when I compete, I lose my connection to the passion I have for my work."
Author: Olympia Dukakis
34. "It's weathered many a storm, but the British film industry is, thankfully, still afloat."
Author: Peter Capaldi
35. "The first book I sat down to write was an historical romance. It was really bad and thankfully no one ever saw it."
Author: Rachel Gibson
36. "Thankfully, God has shown us that hope, in its million different forms, always springs from three primary colors: justice, mercy, and love."
Author: Richard Dahlstrom
37. "Be not wishing and pining, but thankfully content. For it is a short bridge between wanting and regret."- from "Dimpellumpzki"
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
38. "Thankfully,two old friends stood next to the throne. Horus wore full battle armor and a khopesh sword at his side.is kohl-lined eyes-one gold, one silver-were as piercing as ever. At his side stood Isis in a shimmering white gown, with wings of light. "Welcome," Horus said. "Um, hi," I said. "He has a way with words," Isis muttered, which made Sadie snort."
Author: Rick Riordan
39. "But thankfully, my first album, 'Wide Screen,' was sort of a critics' darling - everyone raved about it, but no one bought it. They only manufactured 10,000 copies; I wasn't even in the running for failure!"
Author: Rupert Holmes
40. "Thankfully I'm a better actor than football player, or at least I hope so."
Author: Ryan McPartlin
41. "Luke captured my gaze again and said, "If beauty were time, you'd be eternity." My heart stopped. I was paralysed to look away from him(...)Thankfully, another senior boy who apparently wasn't dating anyone spoke. And when the words came out of his mouth, I understood why he was girlfriendless. "If you were a booger, I'd pick you first."A lot of yuck and that's gross penetrated the table's atmosphere. A rain of crumpled napkins showered over the boy. Of course, all the guys laughed at him, including Luke, who was finally looking away from me.I was never so grateful for such a tactless comment."
Author: Shannon Dermott
42. "We may have to get creative before this is over," he said, his voice turning even deeper, huskier than before. That statement had her gaze snapping back to meet his. "Creative?" she ventured cautiously. "I didn't come prepared for this." She caught his drift and had to be grateful that her sister had provided a solution. Thankfully, they wouldn't have to resort to too much creativity - which 'she' wasn't prepared for."
Author: Sharon Swan
43. "The landscape artist had captured a distant prospect of an ancient hillside, surmounted by cyprus and a few tumbled columns; the mood was one of desolation and peace, a glorious past recalled, and now thankfully put to rest."
Author: Stephanie Barron
44. "Thankfully, dreams can change. If we'd all stuck with our first dream, the world would be overrun with cowboys and princesses."
Author: Stephen Colbert
45. "Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent."
Author: Steve Martin
46. "Thankfully, while our self-righteousness reaches far, God's grace reaches farther."
Author: Tullian Tchividjian
47. "An identity based in the one-way love of God does not take into account public opinion or, thankfully, even personal opinion."
Author: Tullian Tchividjian
48. "I think that at a certain age, say fifteen or sixteen, poetry is like masturbation. But later in life good poets burn their early poetry, and bad poets publish it. Thankfully I gave up rather quickly."
Author: Umberto Eco
49. "Thankfully, Coach had taught me a way of embracing the pain. He called that overwhelming rust of hurt 'The Moment of No Return', a point of pure agony when the body told an athlete to quit, to rest, because the pain was so damn tough. It was a tipping point. He reckoned that if an athlete dropped in The Moment, then all the pain that went before it was pointless, the muscles wouldn't increase their current strength. But if he could work through the pinch and run another two reps, maybe 3, them the body would physically improve in that time, and that was when an athlete grew stronger."
Author: Usain Bolt
50. "Thankfully I had to stand solitary for only one long moment before Jay came back feeling over-the-moon happy. I let his emotion drench me."What were you and Kaidan Rowe talking 'bout?" Jay asked me. "Man, y'all looked like you were gonna rip each other's clothes off!" I gaspedand smacked his arm, but he didn't flinch."We did not." My eyes darted over to Kaidan for a fraction of a second, and though he was too far away to have heard, the wink he sent mebrought another flush to my skin."
Author: Wendy Higgins
Quotes About Thankfully Pictures