Famous Quotes About Thanking God For My Birthday
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Thanking God For My Birthday.
Top Quotes About Thanking God For My Birthday
1. "You know, I'm really bad on the computer. I'm really lame, man. I read and hang out with my kids. I've turned into a five year old."
Author: Ally Walker
2. "[When I die], I will decidedly not be regretting missed opportunities for a good time. My regrets will be more along the lines of a sad list of people hurt, people let down, assets wasted and advantages squandered."
Author: Anthony Bourdain
3. "I have an income nearly sufficient for my wants (no one's income is ever quite sufficient, you know)."
Author: Anthony Hope
4. "To be a true poet is to become God.I tried to explain this to my friends on Heaven's Gate. 'Piss, shit,' I said. 'Asshole motherfucker, goddamn shit goddamn. Cunt. Pee-pee cunt. Goddamn!'They shook their heads and smiled, and walked away. Great poets are rarely understood in their own day."
Author: Dan Simmons
5. "I'd spent my life searching for something I couldn't name.And as I drowned in the torrential flow of conflicting desires, caught in the relentless roar of water, earth, blood, and war, I reached out - wildly, desperately - and found it with him."
Author: Emma Raveling
6. "My father was the orphaned son of immigrants to the United States from Ireland. My father never knew his parents. His mother died - we're not sure - either at or shortly after his birth, and he and all of his siblings were placed in orphanages in the Boston area."
Author: George J. Mitchell
7. "If I were to live my life over again, I would be an American. I would steep myself in America, I would know no other land."
Author: Henry James
8. "You won't be where you are forever. God promises that when you trust him, he'll take care of you wherever you are and get you to where he wants you to go."
Author: Holly Gerth
9. "But my mother loved The Elephant Man, and my father gave David Lynch a scholarship to study in Rome."
Author: Isabella Rossellini
10. "When you meet me, the first thing you'll notice is I have a firm handshake. The second thing you'll notice is that I'm wearing oven mitts. I like my introductions hot, like my iced coffee."
Author: Jarod Kintz
11. "I'm half Hawaiian and the haka is a very sacred thing, something your family teaches you - my father taught me."
Author: Jason Momoa
12. "Do you care about your image?' Even as the words were coming out of my mouth, I was mentally kicking myself. He'd been kidding around, and meanwhile I sounded like an afternoon special. But he didn't seem to mind.'Sure. It's my armor.''Your what?' The WALK sign flashed, and he put a hand on my elbow as we crossed the street. And yes, even that faint pressure on that small spot made my entire arm tingle.'My armor. You know. Self-protective camouflage. Everybody has an armor. Even you, I bet, even though I still haven't figured out what form yours takes."
Author: Jennifer Sturman
13. "I want to know when you're worried, when you're angry or happy or sad. You can probably do the same to me, though I'm slightly better at shielding my emotions. More practice.""A shadow crossed his face, a flicker of pain, before it was gone. "Unfortunately, the longer we're together, the harder hiding it will become, for both of us." He shook his head and gave me a wry smile. "One of the hazards of having a faery in love with you."
Author: Julie Kagawa
14. "Womens, they ain't like men. A woman ain't gone beat you with a stick. Miss Hilly wouldn't pull no pistol on me. Miss Leefolt wouldn't come burn my house down. No, white womens like to keep they hands clean. They got a shiny little set of tools they use, sharp as witches' fingernails, tidy and laid out neat, like the picks on a dentist tray. They gone take they time with em."
Author: Kathryn Stockett
15. "My little nymph's laughter filled my soul."
Author: Katie McGarry
16. "I sacrifice in my love life and my social life, but those things will be there in three or four years. This is a really important time in my life. I can't just be the girl who sang 'I Kissed a Girl.' I have to leave a legacy."
Author: Katy Perry
17. "She opened her sketchbook, carefully tore out several pages and handed them to Nasser--three detailed color sketches of three flowers. Leafing through the pages, he translated the message. A petunia: Your presence soothes me. A peppermint flower: warmth of feeling. And heartsease, the flower he'd given her so many times before.You occupy my thoughts."I've been doing a lot of reading," Lee said quietly, setting her sketchbook aside. "You're not the only one who knows what flowers mean."
Author: Kaye Thornbrugh
18. "But there is no withdrawal, but with tobacco there is terrible withdrawal, it is almost impossible for a lot of people. I did , I went cold turkey, they never had any patches in those days but grass was not difficult, alcohol not difficult, but tobacco - oh my god."
Author: Larry Hagman
19. "Life in general was cruel and offered only different types of voids and chaos. The only way to tolerate it, to have any hope of escaping it, I reasoned, was to know my own strength, to defy life by surviving it."
Author: Lucy Grealy
20. "I have the opportunity to learn about the fashion world, and I appreciate it as an art form... But I never want it to take over my acting."
Author: Lupita Nyong'o
21. "Then he lowered his gaze to me, and likewise I dazzled him--it was none of my doing, only a matter of proximity and timing and our two natures--and we were locked together."
Author: Margo Lanagan
22. "I would be consumed by you,' she said, and blinked her eyes furiously when she felt them fill with tears. 'You would sap all the energy and all the joy from me. You would put out all the fire of my vitality.''Give me a chance to fan the flames of that fire,' he said, 'and to nurture your joy."
Author: Mary Balogh
23. "Set down among these lice, this is how I keep the mold from my brain and find release from Fortune's malice. I am content to have her beat me down this way to see if she won't become ashamed."
Author: Niccolò Machiavelli
24. "I didn't have any more time. Directly below the window was a thickly leafed bush of some sort. I couldn't see it clearly and only hoped it wasn't a rosebush or something equally sharp. A second floor drop wouldn't kill me, though. Probably wouldn't even hurt—much. I climbed over the ledge, briefly meeting Dimitri's gaze as the other Strigoi moved in on him. The words came to me again: Don't hesitate. Dimitri's important lesson. But it hadn't been his first one. His first had been about what to do if I was outnumbered and out of options: Run. Time for me to run. I leapt out the window. I think the profanities that came out of my mouth when I hit the ground would have been understandable in any language. It hurt."
Author: Richelle Mead
25. "I had done this. I had pulled my life apart. I would never, ever be safe again."
Author: Ruth Reichl
26. "I had to let my ego go a long time ago."
Author: Sally Field
27. "She looks up at me with those vulnerable eyes. "What if it means something?" She asks."What if it does?""Promise me it won't mean anything."I lean my head back on the couch. "It won't mean anythin'." Aren't I supposed to be the guy in this scenario, laying down the no-commitment rules?"And no tongue," she adds."Mi vida, if I kiss you, I guarantee there's gonna be tongue."
Author: Simone Elkeles
28. "For me it was a lot harder to come to terms with the death of my grandfather than it was to come to terms with what's happened to the former Yugoslavia."
Author: Tea Obreht
Quotes About Thanking God For My Birthday Pictures