Famous Quotes About The Blood Gang
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about The Blood Gang.
Top Quotes About The Blood Gang
1. "Answers seemed to float through the space around him. It was about love. It was about getting handed at conception a gift that sets you apart from everyone and you spend your whole life drifting through the margins of time, not understanding hours like everyone else seems to: glancing at wristwatches, checking timetables - you hardly know what it is people are trying to accomplish when they go through their days: morning, noon, evening, night. Wake up and sleep and wake up. This was about family, how blood superseded death; it was about trying your hardest, it was about snow."
Author: Anthony Doerr
2. "As for the third Official Reason: exposing Western Hypocrisy - how much more exposed can they be? Which decent human being on earth harbors any illusions about it? These are people whose histories are spongy with the blood of others. Colonialism, apartheid, slavery, ethnic cleansing, germ warfare, chemical weapons - they virtually invented it all."
Author: Arundhati Roy
3. "At almost every meeting since then, Big Bob has made me cry. I never went back to the doctor. I never chewed the valerian root.This was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom. If I didn't say anything, people in a group assumed the worst. They cried harder, I cried harder. Look up into the stars and you're gone.Walking home after a support group, I felt more alive than I'd ever felt. I wasn't host to cancer or blood parasites; I was the little warm center that the life of the world crowded around."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
4. "We're living in momentous times, Garion. The events of a thousand years and more have all focused on these very days. The world, I'm told, is like that. Centuries pass when nothing happens, and then in a few short years events of such tremendous importance take place that the world is never the same again." I think that if I had my choice, I'd prefer one of those quiet centuries," Garion said glumly. Oh, no," Silk said, his lips drawing back in a ferretlike grin. "Now's the time to be alive - to see it all happen, to be a part of it. That makes the blood race, and each breath is an adventure."
Author: David Eddings
5. "It's infrequent that people are rail thin yet have high blood pressure."
Author: Eric Topol
6. "Raise your eyes and count the small gang of your oppressors who are only strong through the blood they suck from you and through your arms which you lend them unwillingly."
Author: Georg Buchner
7. "Good books to not invite unanimity. They invite discord, mayhem, knife fights, blood feuds."
Author: Joe Queenan
8. "In the Final Days shall come the Innocent Mage, born to save the world from blood and death.He shall enter the House of the UsurperHe shall learn their waysHe shall earn their loveHe shall lay down his lifeAnd Jervale's Heir shall know him, and guide him, and enlighten him not."
Author: Karen Miller
9. "Is it my power ripening or the natural will of a man to want to control what he thinks is his? It didn't matter. Blood would paint the streets if another touched her."
Author: Kenya Wright
10. "If you would just listen to me . . . if you would just look at the pictures I took—""We've seen them, Miss Maxwell. Several times already. Frankly, nothing you've said tonight checks out—not your statement, and not these grainy, unreadable images from your cell phone.""I'm sorry if the quality is lacking," Gabrielle replied, acidly. "The next time I'm witnessing a blood slaughter by a gang of psychos, I'll have to remember to bring my Leica and a few extra lenses."
Author: Lara Adrian
11. "Hold still, Meg, you're dripping blood on my car seats."I reached behind the passenger seat of Tennyson's car looking for the white sheet she'd thrown in for mopping up bodily fluids. Quinn, sitting in the back seat, read my mind and handed it to me. "Thank you.""No problem." He leaned forward, pulling a corner of the sheet up to wipe off a small stream of blood on my neck. "You okay?"
Author: Laura Anderson Kurk
12. "There is one notable thing about our Christianity: bad, bloody, merciless, money-grabbing and predatory as it is -- in our country particularly, and in all other Christian countries in a somewhat modified degree -- it is still a hundred times better than the Christianity of the Bible, with its prodigious crime -- the invention of Hell. Measured by our Christianity of to-day, bad as it is, hypocritical as it is, empty and hollow as it is, neither the Deity nor His Son is a Christian, nor qualified for that moderately high place. Ours is a terrible religion. The fleets of the world could swim in spacious comfort in the innocent blood it has spilt."
Author: Mark Twain
13. "Heroes who shed their blood and lost their lives! You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours. You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Author: Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
14. "I do not mean merely in its adding to enthusiasm that intellectual basis which in its strength, or that more obvious influence about which Wordsworth was thinking when he said very nobly that poetry was merely the impassioned expression in the face of science, and that when science would put on a form of flesh and blood the poet would lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration. Nor do I dwell much on the great cosmical emotion and deep pantheism of science to which Shelley has given its first and Swinburne its latest glory of song, but rather on its influence on the artistic spirit in preserving that close observation and the sense of limitation as well as of clearness of vision which are the characteristics of the real artist."
Author: Oscar Wilde
15. "But before they could do anything this bright light zapped them." I paused, thinking through my panic. "Actually, the zapping light was kinda like Sookie's fairy-light-thing. Do you think there's any chance I'm a fairy?" "No, Z. Focus. True Blood is fiction."
Author: P.C. Cast
16. "You'll have to learn to forgive," he said. "For if you don't, you know what will happen?""What, Doctor?" I croaked, for my outburst had exhausted me."It will destroy you," he said as he handed me the tea.A tear came into my eye when he said it for I knew it was true and I would have loved to be able to do it (not because of its destroying me but because it was right, and deep down I knew that) but I couldn't and the more I thought of it the more the blood came coursing to my head so that whenever I'd write I'd find myself clutching the pencil so tight I broke the lead how many times I don't know, hundreds."
Author: Patrick McCabe
17. "Zoe readied her arrows. Grover lifted his pipes. Thalia raised her shield and I noticed a tear running down her cheek. Suddenly it occurred to me: this had happened to her before.She had been cornered on Half- Blood Hill. She'd willingly given her life for her friends. But this time she couldn't save us."
Author: Rick Riordan
18. "All beauty comes from beautiful blood and a beautiful brain."
Author: Walt Whitman
19. "Two households, both alike in dignity,In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.From forth the fatal loins of these two foesA pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;Whole misadventured piteous overthrowsDo with their death bury their parents' strife.The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,And the continuance of their parents' rage,Which, but their children's end, nought could remove,Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;The which if you with patient ears attend,What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend."
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About The Blood Gang Pictures