Famous Quotes About The Contraceptive Pill
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about The Contraceptive Pill.
Top Quotes About The Contraceptive Pill
1. "Since Betty was on the pill or took precautions of her own which Graham did not choose to enquire into, the marital bed was untrammelled by tedious prophylaxis so that what Graham had been expecting to find an onerous and even distasteful duty unexpectedly partook of a freedom and absence of restraint that he found exhilerating."
Author: Alan Bennett
2. "I think I've always had a certain amount of skepticism of this whole 'shut up and smile' theory. I haven't ever swallowed that pill so easily, although I tried."
Author: Amber Heard
3. "How is feeling like a failure supposed to help me? The way I see it, they should invent some pill that just makes you forget whatever you want, some pill that makes you numb and functional."
Author: Amy Reed
4. "Good morning," said the little prince.Good morning," said the merchant.This was a merchant who sold pills that had been invented to quench thirst. You need only swallow one pill a week, and you would feel no need for anything to drink.Why are you selling those?" asked the little prince.Because they save a tremendous amount of time," said the merchant. "Computations have been made by experts. With these pills, you save fifty-three minutes in every week."And what do I do with those fifty-three minutes?"Anything you like..."As for me," said the little prince to himself, "if I had fifty-three minutes to spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water."
Author: Antoine De Saint Exupéry
5. "I look at ANWR (Artic National Wildlife Refuge) as a poison pill in the energy bill."
Author: Ben Nelson
6. "Maybe one day we will be able to take a pill that keeps us young and healthy much longer. I believe in my heart that this will happen."
Author: Cynthia Kenyon
7. "Now Karen wants a pill that will make the whole twenty-first century disappear - that will make this unavoidable future vanish. Dr Yamato said that earth was not built for six billion people, all running around and being passionate about being alive. Earth was built for about two million people foraging for roots and grubs."
Author: Douglas Coupland
8. "Why can't they invent a pill that will keep you from remembering someone you don't want to remember?"
Author: Elizabeth Jane Howard
9. "Singing is probably the better medicine than half the stuff they sell in pill bottles, and it's cheaper, too."
Author: Erin McKean
10. "If you judge by what people do to improve their health, they value their lives highly. So adding to your period of vitality is something that most people would certainly do. If there was a pill that would do that, it's clear that everyone would take it."
Author: Gregory Stock
11. "The actuality of us being cognizant and accepting of the fact we are but a speck of sand in a universe sized desert, whose existence is irrelevant to any facet of universal function is a hard pill to swallow. Knowing the world will go on for another billion years after death and you will have no recollection of anything, just as you have no recollection of the billion years before your birth is a mind-boggling intuition,"
Author: Hewitt E. Moore
12. "Journalism, to me, is just another drug – a free ride to scenes I'd probably miss if I stayed straight. But I'm neither a chemist nor an editor; all I do is take the pill or the assignment and see what happens. Now and then I get a bad trip, but experience has made me more careful about what I buy... so if you have a good pill I'm open; I'll try almost anything that hasn't bitten me in the past."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
13. "He suggests that contraceptive substances be added to basic foods.... Should a couple wish to have a child, they'd go to special stores to procure their food. Every child a wanted child."
Author: John Cage
14. "How ironic! After decades of grub, deluges of wine and alcohol of every sort, after a life spent in butter, cream, rich sauces, and oil in constant, knowingly orchestrated and meticulously cajoled excess, my trustiest right-hand men, Sir Liver and his associate Stomach, are doing marvelously well and it is my heart that is giving out. I am dying of cardiac insufficiency. What a bitter pill to swallow."
Author: Muriel Barbery
15. "He forestalls death with an orange pill bottle, just a few more weeks, fifty pills at a time."
Author: Thomm Quackenbush
16. "Everything is being compressed into tiny tablets. You take a little pill of news every day - 23 minutes - and that's supposed to be enough."
Author: Walter Cronkite
17. "You're a romanticist. What do you think a man is, a papaya? To digest your dinner? In pill form?"
Author: William Carlos Williams
18. "Further, Dr. Gold said with a straight face, the pill at optimum dosage could have the side effect of impotence. Until that moment, although I'd had some trouble with his personality, I had not thought him totally lacking in perspicacity; now I was not all sure. Putting myself in Dr. Gold's shoes, I wondered if he seriously thought that this juiceless and ravaged semi-invalid with the shuffle and the ancient wheeze woke up each morning from his Halcion sleep eager for carnal fun."
Author: William Styron
Quotes About The Contraceptive Pill Pictures