Famous Quotes About The Empty Tomb
Browse 6 famous quotes and sayings about The Empty Tomb.
Top Quotes About The Empty Tomb
1. "Now, the atonement of Christ is the most basic and fundamental doctrine of the gospel, and it is the least understood of all our revealed truths.Many of us have a superficial knowledge and rely upon the Lord and his goodness to see us through the trials and perils of life.But if we are to have faith like Enoch and Elijah we must believe what they believed, know what they knew, and live as they lived.May I invite you to join with me in gaining a sound and sure knowledge of the Atonement.We must cast aside the philosophies of men and the wisdom of the wise and hearken to that Spirit which is given to us to guide us into all truth.We must search the scriptures, accepting them as the mind and will and voice of the Lord and the very power of God unto salvation.As we read, ponder, and pray, there will come into our minds a view of the three gardens of God—the Garden of Eden, the Garden of Gethsemane, and the Garden of the Empty Tomb where Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene."
Author: Bruce R. McConkie
2. "Christianity, unlike any other religion in the world, begins with catastrophe and defeat. Sunshine religions and psychological inspirations collapse in calamity and wither in adversity. But the Life of the Founder of Christianity, having begun with the Cross, ends with the empty tomb and victory."
Author: Fulton J. Sheen
3. "They each walked with a limp, becausethe lifelong journey of grief was setting in. My mom looked at my dad and said, "Remind me what we believe. What do we believe?"After a few moments, my dad responded with these words: "The tomb is empty. The tomb is empty."
Author: Josh Ross
4. "Suddenly life was good, even glamorous. We were poor but didn't know it, or maybe we did know, but we didn't care, because my mother had stopped disappearing into her bedroom. Our apartment building was surrounded by empty lots, which were all that separated us from the ocean. Within a couple of decades, those stretches of undeveloped land – prime coastline real estate –would be built upon, with upscale apartment complexes and million-dollar houses with ocean views. But in 1967, those barren lots were our magnificent private playground. I had a tomboy streak and recruited neighborhood boys onto an ad hoc softball team. Dieter and my mother installed a tetherball pole, which acted as a magnet for kids in the neighborhood. For the first time in years, we were enjoying what felt like a normal, quasi-suburban existence, with us at the center of everything–the popular kids with the endless playground."
Author: Katie Hafner
5. "No tabloid will ever print the startling news that the mummified body of Jesus of Nazareth has been discovered in old Jerusalem. Christians have no carefully embalmed body enclosed in a glass case to worship. Thank God, we have an empty tomb. The glorious fact that the empty tomb proclaims to us is that life for us does not stop when death comes. Death is not a wall, but a door."
Author: Peter Marshall
6. "In his temptation of Jesus, Satan quoted Scripture, and he didn't remember, misquote anything. God wants his children to eat bread, not to starve before stones. God will protect his anointed one with the angels of heaven. God will give his Messiah all the kingdoms of the earth. All this is true. What is satanic about all of this, though, is that Satan wanted our Lord to grasp these things apart from the cross and the empty tomb."
Author: Russell D. Moore
Quotes About The Empty Tomb Pictures