Famous Quotes About The Love Of Food
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about The Love Of Food.
Top Quotes About The Love Of Food
1. "Food is so important - it sustains us, it provides a social focal point, and it is fun. I cannot unravel the difference between love in my family and the preparation of food because they are so closely woven."
Author: Adriana Trigiani
2. "The number one mistake is giving pets table scraps. I made the mistake thinking I was showing my dog love by giving her food and treats. You see a tiny 4 oz. piece of cheese, but for a Boston Terrier like mine, that's like one and a half hamburgers. That's unhealthy."
Author: Alison Sweeney
3. "I feel that from the very beginning life played a terrible conjurer's trick on me. I lost faith in it. It seems to me that every moment now it is playing tricks on me. So that when I hear love I am not sure it is love, and when I hear gaiety I am not sure it is gaiety, and when I have eaten and loved and I am all warm from wine, I am not sure it is either love or food or wine, but a strange trick being played on me, an illusion, slippery and baffling and malicious, and a magician hangs behind me watching the ecstasy I feel at the things which happen so that I know deep down it is all fluid and escaping and may vanish at any moment. Don't forget to write me a letter and tell me I was here, and I saw you, and loved you, and ate with you. It is all so evanescent and I love it so much, I love it as you love the change in the days."
Author: Anaïs Nin
4. "I had not yet fallen in love, but I was in love with the idea of it, and this feeling that something was missing around me made me despise myself for not being more anxious to satisfy the need. I began to look around for some object for my love, since I badly wanted to love something. I had no liking for the safe path without pitfalls, for although my real need was for you, my God, who are the food of the soul, I was not aware of this hunger."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
5. "To him food was identity, culture, family, how you define home and love and who you are - all of it at once....It's not just the pie. It's the chemistry and physics. It's place and time and history and religion and music...I felt blurred by his presence, overwhelmed with double vision - the world as I was seeing it and the world as Henry would have."
Author: Bridget Asher
6. "I love home, any home really - my mum's, and of course my own. I love eating food there and chilling in bed with a cup of tea."
Author: Claire Foy
7. "I really love good food occasionally, but I need time to enjoy it, and I need to be hungry."
Author: Clare Balding
8. "I only eat organic. I love salads and believe food is our best medicine. My son is so brainwashed, he thinks McDonald's is the devil."
Author: Deborra Lee Furness
9. "If I could only keep up my spirit- if I could only play the game according to the sportsman's code which Rita had been trying to teach me so gravely and so sweetly- if I could only, I told myself, do that, then in the long run, all might be right between us- because I had not nagged her or wearied her, because I had proved myself her peer, as prompt to offer all for love and as brave to bear its passing. If I could only remember that the days were not bricks to be laid row on row, to be built into a solid house, where one might dwell in safety and peace, but only food for the fires of the heart, the fires which keep the poet alive as the citizen never lives, but which burn all the roofs of security!"
Author: Edmund Wilson
10. "I love to cook and I've cooked a lot of Bulgarian food over the years."
Author: Elizabeth Kostova
11. "I can celebrate food anytime. I love cheese. When I crave a certain food, I just eat it."
Author: Emmanuelle Chriqui
12. "There is no love sincerer than the love of food."
Author: George Bernard Shaw
13. "Fish strips—where food meets getting naked. My love is also nourishing and nude, and if you want to see it, you're going to have to get in line with the rest of the starving perverts."
Author: Jarod Kintz
14. "The only thing cats love more than food is sleep. We have that in common."
Author: Jarod Kintz
15. "I do love Italian food. Any kind of pasta or pizza. My new pig out food is Indian food. I eat Indian food like three times a week. It's so good."
Author: Jennifer Love Hewitt
16. "Yet not so strictly hath our Lord impos'd /Labor, as to debar when we need /Refreshment, whether food, or talk between,/ food of the mind, or this sweet intercourse/Of looks and smiles, for smiles from Reason flow,/To brutes denied, and are of Love the food, Love not the lowest end of human life. For not to irksome toil, but to delight/ He made us, and delight to reason join'd."
Author: John Milton
17. "Sex might satisfy, food might fuel, love might sustain, but without coffee, what is the point?"
Author: Nora Roberts
18. "If only, I thought, I could talk to Eugene just one more time. This was before I came to understand that you cannot make someone fall in love with you But here's what you can do. By arguing and pleading and screaming and crying and throwing plates and phoning a lot and bringing hot food and sending flowers and buying gifts and doing unsolicited favors and remembering a birthday and being nice and declaring your abiding love and trying hard or sometimes merely by being present, you can make someone who was hitherto lukewarm really detest you."
Author: Patricia Marx
19. "If you love a man, immediately you will reduce your intake of food - it's automatic."
Author: Pierre Dukan
20. "I pile on the weight when I work. All that location catering's not good for the love handles. I lose a bit when I'm not working, but I love my food and the occasional snifter."
Author: Ray Winstone
21. "It wasn't a perfect body but it was the body she deserved. Not just from every bar of chocolate or bag of crisps or laden plate of food that she'd eaten. This body was also testament to all the hours in the gym and cycling up hills on her bike and glugging down two litres of water a day and learning to love vegetables and fruits that didn't come as optional extra with a pastry crust. She'd earned this body.This was her body and she had to stop giving it such a hard time."
Author: Sarra Manning
22. "Literally, I just love food and I like going to dinner with big groups of people so you can try everything."
Author: Sasha Grey
23. "I love judging food by its smell and feel and taste. The healthiest tomato isn't always the perfect one that's been covered in pesticides."
Author: Sheherazade Goldsmith
24. "Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers."
25. "I love HGTV. I love the Food Network."
Author: Tim Gunn
26. "I love food and feel that it is something that should be enjoyed. I eat whatever I want. I just don't overeat."
Author: Tyra Banks
Quotes About The Love Of Food Pictures