Famous Quotes About The Negatives Of War
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about The Negatives Of War.
Top Quotes About The Negatives Of War
1. "The question is very understandable, but no one has found a satisfactory answer to it so far. Yes, why do they make still more gigantic planes, still heavier bombs and, at the same time, prefabricated houses for reconstruction? Why should millions be spent daily on the war and yet there's not a penny available for medical services, artists, or for poor people?Why do some people have to starve, while there are surpluses rotting in other parts of the world? Oh, why are people so crazy?"
Author: Anne Frank
2. "Every action is seen to fall into one of three main categories, guarding, hitting, or moving. Here, then, are the elements of combat, whether in war or pugilism."
Author: B. H. Liddell Hart
3. "Ever since I served as an infantryman in the First World War I had a great dislike of people who themselves in ease and safety, issue exhortations to men in the front line."
Author: C.S. Lewis
4. "We've been in a war and a recession. That's why acccent colors with yellow and purple are popular. They're optimistic and flirty and happy colors."
Author: David Bromstad
5. "With the Truman book, I wrote the entire account of his experiences in World War I before going over to Europe to follow his tracks in the war. When I got there, there was a certain satisfaction in finding I had it right - it does look like that."
Author: David McCullough
6. "I'm always reaching for something we really haven't done, and War of the Worlds has a lot of this sort of documentary look to it and first-person camera view that is a new thing for me. I've done some stuff like that before, but nothing like the extent of this and digitally."
Author: Dennis Muren
7. "You should be careful what you wish for, as the reasons for war get confused. One person can be very clear in their motives, but others can have different agendas."
Author: Dougray Scott
8. "He had no strength for any other war than his own solitary struggle to keep alive."
Author: Evelyn Waugh
9. "He who gives back at first repulse and without striking the second blow, despairs success, has never been, is not, and never will be, a hero in love, war or business. - Frederick Tudor"
Author: Gavin Weightman
10. "I had seen the films out of World War II, the great 82nd Airborne, the 101st, and all of those of you in the greatest generation and the service that you had provided."
Author: Hugh Shelton
11. "It takes many to fight the war but only one to fight for a cause"
Author: Jenneive M. Johnson
12. "May we look upon our treasure, the furniture of our houses, and our garments, and try to discover whether the seeds of war have nourishment in these our possessions."
Author: John Woolman
13. "He supposed that they were part of an amazing new phase of World War Two. It was all right with him. Everything was pretty much all right with Billy."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
14. "You yourself said there will be horrible consequences if she doesn't get what she wants. I am not worth starting a war over." His eyes brightened behind the spectacles. He looked young for a moment, almost giddy. "Actually, you are."
Author: Marissa Meyer
15. "Dass Worte etwas bewirkten, dass sie jemanden in Bewegung setzen oder aufhalten, zum Lachen oder Weinen bringen konnten: Schon als Kind hatte er es rätselhaft gefunden, und es hatte nie aufgehört, ihn zu beeindrucken. Wie machten die Worte das? War es nicht wie Magie?"
Author: Pascal Mercier
16. "Every war results from the struggle for markets and spheres of influence, and every war is sold to the public by professional liars and totally sincere religious maniacs, as a Holy Crusade to save God and Goodness from Satan and Evil."
Author: Robert Anton Wilson
17. "The fantasy/reality confusion...it's just marvelous in her work. I mean, there, it's practically like what we do, the fantasy working as a sort of metalogic, with which she can solve real, aesthetic problems in the most incredible ways -- I was actually in a few of her productions last year, a sort of ersatz member of the company. But finally I just had to get out. Because when that fantasy seeps into the reality, she just becomes an incredibly ugly person. She feels she can distort anything that occurs for whatever purpose she wants. Whatever she feels, that's what is, as far as she's concerned. But then, I suppose...' Bron laughed at the ground, then looked up: they'd just left the Plaza -- 'that's the right we just fought a war to defend. But Audri, when someone abuses that right, it can make it pretty awful for the rest of us."
Author: Samuel R. Delany
18. "She did not make monsters of us. She simply gave us the power to remake ourselves into those inviolable creatures the God of Equality had intended us to be. We knew she was deconstructing the old disabled versions of our sex, and that her ruthlessness was adopted because those constructs were built to endure. She broke down the walls that had kept us contained. There was a fresh red field on the other side, and in its rich soil were growing all the flowers of war that history never let us gather. It was beautiful to walk in. As beautiful as the fells that autumn."
Author: Sarah Hall
19. "It's easy to measure success by the number of dollars spent or by the number of programs initiated, without having too much regard for what was bought and how useful it was to the people who need it - the war fighter and the analyst."
Author: Stephen Cambone
20. "Let dangers go; thy war shall be with me,But such a war, as breaks no bonds of peace.Speak thou fair words, I'll cross them with fair words;Send thou sweet looks, I'll meet them with sweet looks;Write loving lines, I'll answer loving lines;Give me a kiss, I'll countercheck thy kiss.Be this our warring peace, or peaceful war."
Author: Thomas Kyd
21. "When you see a war started by two single nations that is soon joined by the kingdoms of the world—followed by unprecedented famines, pestilence, and multiple earthquakes at the same time—you have the sign."
Author: Tim LaHaye
Quotes About The Negatives Of War Pictures