Famous Quotes About The One Who Broke Your Heart
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about The One Who Broke Your Heart.
Top Quotes About The One Who Broke Your Heart
1. "Life's best adventures are as close as your nearest bookshelf. Tour Europe with the Count of Monte Cristo. Dance a ball with Mr Darcy. Hunt down bad guys with Stephanie Plum. Amazing things can happen when you read."
Author: Ally Carter
2. "It occurred to Susan that men were always waiting for something cataclysmic--love or war or a giant asteroid. Every man wanted to be a hot-headed Bruce Willis character, fighting against the evil foreign enemy while despising the domestic bureaucracy. Men just wanted to focus on one big thing, leaving the thousands of smaller messes for the women around them to clean up."
Author: Bonnie Jo Campbell
3. "If the money we donate helps one child or can ease the pain of one parent, those funds are well spent."
Author: Carl Karcher
4. "I generally don't become overexcited about things anyway, I'm just not one of those people.I'm not easily surprised by things either. I think it's because I expect that anything can happen. That makes me sound like a believer and I'm not necessarily that either. I'll phrase it better: I just accept things that happen. All things."
Author: Cecelia Ahern
5. "And when the clothes are strewn, don't be afraid of the room, touch the fullness of her breast, feel the love of her caress...she will be your living end."
Author: David Bowie
6. "How sad it must be for you to be nothing more than a hollow statue, to have your tomb preserved and your story forgotten."
Author: David Levithan
7. "Sailors tended to collect things on their travels. His bosun kept a small box stuffed with plant seeds from foreign ports, a whole future garden in potentia; his carpenter kept a bag of heathen votives and shrunken heads. Curiosities, both natural and artificial, were difficult for wandering seamen to resist. One of the hands on Sparhawk's first snow had found a giant clamshell on Fiji and brought it aboard. When his shipmates quizzed him on what he planned to do with it, he said he hadn't the slightest idea—but he knew that he should regret leaving it behind."
Author: Donna Thorland
8. "In the serene weather of the tropics it is exceedingly pleasant—the mast-head; nay, to a dreamy meditative man it is delightful. There you stand, a hundred feet above the silent decks, striding along the deep, as if the masts were gigantic stilts, while beneath you and between your legs, as it were, swim the hugest monsters of the sea, even as ships once sailed between the boots of the famous Colossus at old Rhodes."
Author: Herman Melville
9. "If you set your goals ridiculously high and it's a failure, you will fail above everyone else's success."
Author: James Cameron
10. "Technology is only an enabler, which can help achieve the intention of the person who is using it."
Author: Jane Chen
11. "Das mine!' protested Ava, Bennie's daughter, affirming Alex's recent theory that language acquisition involved a phase of speaking German. She snatched a plastic skillet away from his own daughter, Cara-Ann, who lurched after it, roaring, 'Mine pot! Mine pot!"
Author: Jennifer Egan
12. "Butterfly?" Will said. "Why Butterfly?" "I believe it's a term of great respect," Selethen said gravely. He was very obviously not laughing. Too obviously, Will thought. "It's all right for you," he said. "They called you 'Hawk.' Hawk is an excellent name. It's warlike and noble. But....Butterfly? Selethen nodded. "I agree that Hawk is an entirely suitable name. I assume it had to do with my courage and nobility of heart. Halt coughed and the Arridi lord looked at him, eyebrows raised. "I think it referred less to your heart and more to another part of your body," Halt said mildly. He tapped his finger meaningfully along the side of his nose. It was a gesture he'd always wanted an opportunity to use, and this one was to good to miss. Selethen sniffed and turned away, affecting not to notice."
Author: John Flanagan
13. "Gee, I wasn't as up on my Native American traditions as the chick who used to call herself Faun fucking Windsong even though she was fifteen sixteenths as lily-white as me. Imagine that."
Author: Jordan Castillo Price
14. "The man who treasures his friends is usually solid gold himself."
Author: Marjorie Holmes
15. "Faith is a free work to which no one can be forced. Heresy is a spiritual matter and cannot be prevented by constraint. Force may avail either to strengthen alike faith and heresy, or to break down integrity and turn a heretic into a hypocrite who confesses with his lips what he does not believe in his heart. Better to let men err than to drive them to lie"."
Author: Martin Luther
16. "Always remember, if you have been diagnosed with PTSD, it is not a sign of weakness; rather, it is proof of your strength, because you have survived!"
Author: Michel Templet
17. "How old are you, anyway?' she asked, squinting at him.There was a pause. At last he said, 'Why do you want to know?'I just wondered,' said Winnie.All right. I'm one hundred and four years old,' he told her solemnly.No, I mean really,' she persisted.Well then.' he said, 'if you must know, I'm seventeen.'Seventeen?'That's right.'Oh,' said Winnie hopelessly. 'Seventeen. That's old.'You have no idea,' he agreed with a nod."
Author: Natalie Babbitt
18. "V's reference to his age, specifically the difference between them, only pissed Zane off more. He hated that she used that as an excuse. She'd tried it one other time, and if he remembered correctly, she'd been sprawled out beneath him in ten seconds flat, begging him to let her come."
Author: Nicole Edwards
19. "Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be."
Author: Og Mandino
20. "Any time your life is at stake and you can't find even one woman to come forward and say, 'This is a good man,' your problem isn't what kind of woman THEY are. Your problem is what kind of men YOU are."
Author: Pearl Cleage
21. "Probably when we were fishing, but I got serious about it yesterday when we were swapping spit in your momma's front yard and I didn't care who was watching." He sat up and took her hand in his. "I wanted people to watch. I wanted people to see us together. I wanted people to see us kissing today. I want everyone to know that you're mine."
Author: Rachel Gibson
22. "I've found something more exciting than blowing things up, something sweeter than an adrenaline rush. Something that is truly worth fighting for.""What?""A beautiful woman who makes me laugh and feel more alive than I've ever felt in my life." He swallowed past the lump in his throat and the burning in his chest. "I've waited my whole life for you, even though I didn't know I was even waiting. You and I are different sides of the same coin, and you make me feel complete."
Author: Rachel Gibson
23. "You don't get no trophies for livin the life you born into. It just be your job, and you lucky if you can do the work set out in front of you and not fret if it seem puny. Chaney, Little Altars Everywhere"
Author: Rebecca Wells
24. "(Stoner stepped into view and put the barrel of his 9 mm H&K against the man's forehead.)Drop it. They can patch a knife would, but I doubt we'll find all the pieces to put your brain back together. (Stoner)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
25. "Enforced maternity brings into the world wretched infants, whom their parents will be unable to support and who will become the victims of public care or ‘child martyrs'. It must be pointed out that our society, so concerned to defend the rights of the embryo, shows no interest in the children once they are born; it prosecutes the abortionists instead of undertaking to reform that scandalous institution known as ‘public assistance'; those responsible for entrusting the children to their torturers are allowed to go free; society closes its eyes to the frightful tyranny of brutes in children's asylums and private foster homes."
Author: Simone De Beauvoir
26. "I remember the early 1980s, when I first got one of these fabulous film critic jobs. The downside was sitting through 'Splatteria III: The Dismembering of the Clampett Clan' or 'The Oklahoma Meatgrinder Massacre' or some such. The headaches unleashed by watching attractive kids die week after week after week cannot be imagined."
Author: Stephen Hunter
27. "The idea that you surrender your identity when you relinquish national powers is unhelpful. No, indeed, precisely the opposite is the case: if done in an intelligent way, you attain the sovereignty to better solve national problems in cooperation with others."
Author: Ulrich Beck
28. "I laugh, mirthless, a mad laugh. I savor the scowl on her face, the hate in her eyes. She was like a machine; she was cold and emotionless, bound by logic alone. And I broke her."
Author: Veronica Roth
Quotes About The One Who Broke Your Heart Pictures