Famous Quotes About The Power Of Music To Heal
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about The Power Of Music To Heal.
Top Quotes About The Power Of Music To Heal
1. "My goal every time I make a record is just to make the funkiest, the best music I could possibly make, both lyrically, and music-wise."
Author: Big Boi
2. "It seemed impossible that their first use of that particular blend had evoked such a power empathic connection, and yet this time, Walter was off on his own disconnected trip, unable to even see his friend."
Author: Christa Faust
3. "It's strange how what drives us may abandon us midstream, how what tickles our ears with lies one moment may tell us truths that knock us on our emotional ass the next. After all, it is an unbelievably real world, with Darwin scribbling his thoughts into books and telling us what monkeys we are. Each of us explores possibility, hungry for sustaining adoration, yet we know enough to render ourselves helpless. We strive and strain, bellow and believe, we learn, and everything we learn tells us the same thing: life is one great meaningful experience in a meaningless world. Brilliance has many parts, yet each part is incomplete. We live, heal and attempt to piece together a picture worth the price of our very lives. The picture I saw presented demonic executioners, who crippled those daring to look and consumed souls without defense. They're everywhere. Some are people we know. Others are the great fears and addictions of our lives."
Author: Christopher Hawke
4. "Low thyroid doesn't kill you. It just makes you wish you were dead. —RICHARD AND KARILEE SHAMES, THYROID MIND POWER THYROID"
Author: Daniel G. Amen
5. "Blake had picked the song for their first dance, and Livia laughed when she realized they'd selected music by the same artist, just different songs. She stopped laughing when she heard the lyrics. None present could miss the deeply felt meaning in the words."
Author: Debra Anastasia
6. "Politics is clearly a not so happening topic in our young blood. I could clearly see many students yawning. Some might have been discussing the new Shakira video amongst themselves, the one shown on MTV these days. Bloody donkeys, if it was a porno movie featuring an interracial orgy, their eyes might have ogled out and ears might have become sensitive to the oohs and aahs but not for causes of the nation. Hrmpf …youth power indeed!"
Author: Faraaz Kazi
7. "Most people have some appreciation of mathematics, just as most people can enjoy a pleasant tune; and there are probably more people really interested in mathematics than in music. Appearances suggest the contrary, but there are easy explanations. Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity"
Author: G.H. Hardy
8. "Many losses have gone sinking daily by our inability to recognize the great deal of power reserved in us. Watch out and make it real because soon, it's going to be your turn to shine!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
9. "I play music because I love it and I'll keep playin' till I'm old."
Author: Jake Bugg
10. "Well,' I said, ‘Paris is old, is many centuries. You feel, in Paris, all the time gone by. That isn't what you feel in New York — 'He was smiling. I stopped.‘What do you feel in New York?' he asked.‘Perhaps you feel,' I told him, ‘all the time to come. There's such power there, everything is in such movement. You can't help wondering—I can't help wondering—what it will all be like—many years from now."
Author: James Baldwin
11. "I don't play the kind of music that works in a football stadium."
Author: James Taylor
12. "I feel that the music that I do is somewhat of a lost art and it's not as popular as dance or pop music and people are not as interested in it. But it's something that I believe in and I feel that it's needed, so that's why I do it and I will keep doing it until everybody hears it and gets it."
Author: Jazmine Sullivan
13. "This is the music business. 'Five years is five hundred years' - your words."
Author: Jennifer Egan
14. "You smell of winter dew at the first crack of dawn and when you use your power it feels like being submerged in the most intoxicating vanilla cream that I lose myself in it every time and … and you were beautiful,? he blurted out, catching us both by surprise. But he went on, ignoring the fact that my hand was still slipping. „So stunning in that dress the other night I could hardly look at you it hurt so much. You are the thing I dread in myself, Violet, because … I love you so much that I can?t trust myself. I?d die for you, give up all my power for you, I?d give my soul in an instant, even if it meant I had to spend eternity in torment - just for one moment with you as mine. Wanting you consumes me. I dread you because I know the risk but I?m so selfish I want you anyway. I?d take you even though it could kill you"
Author: Jessica Shirvington
15. "When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses."
Author: John F. Kennedy
16. "The greatest balm in the world to heal the broken heart is the Word of God"
Author: Joseph Boaz
17. "My task...is, by the power of the written word to make you hear, to make you feel - it is, before all, to make you see. That - and no more - and it is everything."
Author: Joseph Conrad
18. "Must take care of de root for to heal de tree."
Author: Karen White
19. "Classical music has been based on works people love and come back to for aural comfort."
Author: Leila Josefowicz
20. "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
Author: Leo Buscaglia
21. "Words are things. You must be careful, careful about calling people out of their names, using racial pejoratives and sexual pejoratives and all that ignorance. Don't do that. Some day we'll be able to measure the power of words. I think they are things. They get on the walls. They get in your wallpaper. They get in your rugs, in your upholstery, and your clothes, and finally in to you."
Author: Maya Angelou
22. "It was nice to focus on things outside of my body. Music has always done that for me."
Author: Nanci Griffith
23. "Do I want to be like him? Not really, I don't think. But I find myself worrying away at that stuff about pop music again, whether I like it because I'm unhappy, or whether I'm unhappy because I like."
Author: Nick Hornby
24. "Believe God's word and power more than you believe your own feelings and experiences. Your Rock is Christ, and it is not the Rock which ebbs and flows, but your sea."
Author: Samuel Rutherford
25. "One day at a time. You rise, you eat, you bathe, and you talk to the few people you can tolerate while feeling so wretched. Over time, it hurts a little less. Then a little less. And so on...Until one morning, you will awake and realize the pain is only a memory. It will always be with you, but it will eventually lack the power to cripple you."
Author: Sylvia Day
26. "Religion is close to theatre; much of its power comes from the effects of staging and framing."
Author: Teju Cole
27. "Carnal embrace is sexual congress, which is the insertion of the male genital organ into the female genital organ for purposes of procreation and pleasure. Fermat's last theorem, by contrast, asserts that when x, y and z are whole numbers each raised to power of n, the sum of the first two can never equal the third when n is greater than 2."
Author: Tom Stoppard
28. "He was fine; he, that orphan that foundling that outcast; he felt himself august and strong; he looked full in the face that society from which he was banished, and into which he had so powerfully intervened; that human justice from which he had snatched its prey; all those tigers whose jaws perforce remained empty; those myrmidons, those judges, those executioners, all that royal power which he, poor, insignificant being, had foiled with the power of God."
Author: Victor Hugo
Quotes About The Power Of Music To Heal Pictures