Famous Quotes About The Power Of Today
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about The Power Of Today.
Top Quotes About The Power Of Today
1. "Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says, 'Woe to those who call evil good,' but that is exactly what we have done. We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values. We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery. We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare. We have killed our unborn and called it choice. We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable. We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self esteem. We have abused power and called it politics. We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition. We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression. We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment. Search us, Oh God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Amen!"
Author: Billy Graham
2. "The fact is that nothing is more difficult to believe than the truth; conversely, nothing seduces like the power of lies, the greater the better. It's only natural, and you will have to find the right balance. Having said that, let me add that this particular old woman hasn't been collecting only years; she has also collected stories, and none sadder or more terrible than the one she's about to tell you. You have been at the heart of this story without knowing it until today ..."
Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
3. "No one can fail to see that the power of the Church among large numbers in many communities is today diminishing, or has already ceased."
Author: Felix Adler
4. "The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism -- ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power.... Among us today a concentration of private power without equal in history is growing."
Author: Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. "I am overcome with exhaustion and an overwhelming sense of loneliness. As I am driving home, I stop at a red light and I begin to cry. I feel an overlap of feelings that are indescribable. I feel a sense of self-sufficiency and reserve. I am at once removed from myself. This was me today who accomplished this feat, yet I feel empty and bereft. I feel puffed up and deflated all at once. I feel false in myself. I wonder who gave me the power or the right to step into the lives of these people and make such profoundly life-altering decisions. I have no children. I have just walked fresh out the door of graduate school. I am a baby. I am humbled. I feel a sense of shame. I feel that I am an imposter, a sham. I never want to be so pompous and self-satisfied that I am consumed by the deed, losing sight of the purpose, the being named Isabella, and all the Isabella that have yet to come."
Author: Holly A. Smith
6. "Architects today tend to depreciate themselves, to regard themselves as no more than just ordinary citizens without the power to reform the future."
Author: Kenzo Tange
7. "The equilibrium of power between God and Human is getting so close; God has built the planet in 6 days and today we can destroy it within half a day."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
8. "May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I may know Him better. I want to know and rely on the love You have for me, Jesus, and live in that love. You say that whoever lives in love lives in You, and You in him. In this way, love is made complete in me, so that I can have confidence today and forever. I want an up close and personal relationship with You, one where I don't have to pretend or hide. When I feel insecure, insignificant, or unloved, remind me of Your perfect love that has the power to cast out my fear. Thank You for Your love that is patient, is kind, and keeps no record of my wrongs. I trust that because Your love is perfect, I don't have to be. I will remain in Your love and be confident of this: that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."
Author: Renee Swope
9. "There is great change to be experienced once you learn the power of letting go. Stop allowing anyone or anything to control, limit, repress, or discourage you from being your true self! Today is YOURS to shape - own it - break free from people and things that poison or dilute your spirit."
Author: Steve Maraboli
10. "Today is a new day. Don't let your history interfere with your destiny! Let today be the day you stop being a victim of your circumstances and start taking action towards the life you want. You have the power and the time to shape your life. Break free from the poisonous victim mentality and embrace the truth of your greatness. You were not meant for a mundane or mediocre life!"
Author: Steve Maraboli
11. "Harness the power of today. Seize the blessings of today! Make something happen, enhance your life, make someone laugh, help a friend, love, love, love!"
Author: Steve Maraboli
12. "I think a reason that a lot of people feel politically paralysed is that it used to be clear how power was organised. But those who have their hands on the levers of popular culture today have great power - and it isn't even clear who they are."
Author: Susan Faludi
13. "Kindly permit me to tell you, sir, that I hate you. I hate you and your child, as I hate the life of which you are the representative: cheap, ridiculous, but yet triumphant life, the everlasting antipodes and deadly enemy of beauty. I cannot say I despise you - for I am honest. You are stronger than I. I have no armour for the struggle between us, I have only the Word, avenging weapon of the weak. Today I have availed myself of this weapon. This letter is nothing but an act of revenge - you see how honourable I am - and if any word of mine is sharp and bright and beautiful enough to strike home, to make you feel the presence of a power you do not know, to shake even a minute your robust equilibrium, I shall rejoice indeed. -"
Author: Thomas Mann
Quotes About The Power Of Today Pictures