Famous Quotes About The Rules Of Baseball
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about The Rules Of Baseball.
Top Quotes About The Rules Of Baseball
1. "I don't think baseball owes colored people anything. I don't think colored people owe baseball anything, either."
Author: Bob Feller
2. "You English have a saying which is close to my heart, for its spirit is that which rules our boyars: "Welcome the coming, speed the parting guest."
Author: Bram Stoker
3. "Only in baseball can a team player be a pure individualist first and a team player second, within the rules and spirit of the game."
Author: Branch Rickey
4. "Widespread introduction of the process [of irradiating foods] has thus far been impeded, however, by a reluctance among consumers to eat things that have been exposed to radiation. According to current USDA regulations, irradiated meat must be identified with a special label and with a radura (the internationally recognized symbol of radiation). The Beef Industry Food Safety Council - whose members include the meatpacking and fast food giants - has asked the USDA to change its rules and make the labeling of irradiated meat completely voluntary. The meatpacking industry is also working hard to get rid of the word 'irradiation,; much preferring the phrase 'cold pasteurization.'...From a purely scientific point of view, irradiation may be safe and effective. But he [a slaughterhouse engineer] is concerned about the introduction of highly complex electromagnetic and nuclear technology into slaughterhouses with a largely illiterate, non-English-speaking workforce."
Author: Eric Schlosser
5. "Believe it or not, I worked four summers in college as a sports writer covering baseball for a parks and rec department in Bayonne, N.J."
Author: George R. R. Martin
6. "Here are five rules of thumb, should all your fingers on one hand turn into thumbs and you decide to rule them.1. There is no day too dull, no problem too great that cannot be fixed with a couple of plays of 'rush rush' by Paula Abdul.2. The amount of time it takes for you to get over him is exactly the same amount of time it will take for him to start missing you.3. Talking about exercise burns exactly the same amount of calories as doing exercise.4. 'When someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!'5. The office sucks.Four of these are true. And one - is wrong! Damn wrong!"
Author: Hadley Freeman
7. "Cassie's Rules for a Happy Life:#1 - Don't Lie#2 - Don't Cheat#3 - Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep#4 - Don't Say Things You Don't Mean"
Author: J. Sterling
8. "Scientists who play by someone else's rules don't have much chance of making discoveries."
Author: Jack Horner
9. "The perennial conviction that those who work hard and play by the rules will be rewarded with a more comfortable present and a stronger future for their children faces assault from just about every direction. That great enemy of democratic capitalism, economic inequality, is real and growing."
Author: Jon Meacham
10. "If you spend any time in Washington you'll find nerds. What happens is most of them sublimate their fixations with comics, or baseball cards, or 1960s British comedies to policy minutiae and political arcana. But, like Christians in ancient Rome, you can still spot them if you know the signals."
Author: Jonah Goldberg
11. "He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?"I do.Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
12. "Girls always want to change the rules in the middle of the game."
Author: Katja Millay
13. "Then there were her rules, rules that stated quite clearly that he was a ‘no-go' area. She drew a deep breath and tried to make a decision in keeping with her rules. But the words would not come. She could not decide to give him up. Her inner self would not even contemplate it. Somehow, he had touched her soul in a way that she could not explain adequately. She felt a link there that was too real to consider severing. Kate felt the anguish of this conflict between her morality and her acceptance of the bond that did exist between them, despite her incredulity and despite her objections."
Author: Khul Waters
14. "The problem is this ridiculous idea that there is an us and then an other! A them to which the rules of humanity don't apply! If I could put one word on that goddamned Red List, that's the one I'd choose! Them! There is never a them, Harper! There's only us! If we could get that learned, we might just figure out how to stop killing ourselves!"
Author: Laura Bynum
15. "In the ninja world, those who break the rules are regarded as scum. But, those who abandon their comrades are even worse than scum!"
Author: Masashi Kishimoto
16. "On days like this, baseball would make Michael as happy as it ever did. No umpires. No coaches. No rules except the ones you made up."
Author: Mike Lupica
17. "When I was in baseball and you went into the clubhouse, you didn't see ball players with curling irons."
Author: Red Barber
18. "Business is a game like baseball or golf or anything else. I enjoy being a student of the game, and reading, and learning, and going to conferences, whether it's building custom homes or selling or servicing medical equipment. A good entrepreneur can be a good entrepreneur in any industry because if you're a good student of the game, the rules and the lessons are very much the same. And that's the fun part about it."
Author: Ryan Diest
19. "If it be not a sin, an open, flagrant violation of all the rules of justice and humanity, to hold these slaves in bondage, it is indeed folly to put ourselves to any trouble and expense in order to free them."
Author: Samuel Hopkins
20. "To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
21. "One of the cardinal rules of journalism: Once you have cabled a story you must stick by it and back it up, unless something completely overwhelming proves you to have been wrong. In such a case, just drop the matter."
Author: Wynant Davis Hubbard
Quotes About The Rules Of Baseball Pictures