Famous Quotes About The Smartest
Browse 47 famous quotes and sayings about The Smartest.
Top Quotes About The Smartest
1. "The lesson is, the rewards in life don't always go to the biggest, or the bravest, or the smartest. The rewards go to the dogged; and when your going though hell, to the person who just keeps going."
Author: Bear Grylls
2. "Go ahead. You're not going to walk in on anyone. I'm home alone.""The whole night?"Immediately, I realized it might not have been the smartest thing to say. "Dorothea will be coming soon." That was a lie. Dorothea was long gone. It was close to midnight."Dorothea?""Our housekeeper. She's old- but strong. Very strong." I tried to squeeze past him. Unsuccessfully."Sounds frightening," he said, retrieving the key from the lock. He held it out for me. "She can clean a toilet inside and out in under a minute. More like terrifying."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
3. "The smartest thing I did in law school: asking my future wife to go out dancing with me. The smartest thing I did when practicing law: quitting. The smartest thing I've done in writing: following my own head and writing what I wanted to write, and nothing but."
Author: Ben Fountain
4. "Knowing when to leave may be the smartest thing anyone can learn."
Author: Burt Bacharach
5. "Survivors aren't always the strongest; sometimes they're the smartest, but more often simply the luckiest."
Author: Carrie Ryan
6. "I see the strongest and the smartest men who have ever lived... and these men are pumping gas and waiting tables."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
7. "Running into a burning building probably wasn't the smartest move Kenton Lake had ever made. Then again, sadly, it wasn't his dumbest either."
Author: Cynthia Eden
8. "He is not just nice, he is brilliant. He is the smartest man who ever lived. He is now supervising the entire course of world history (Rev. 1:5) while simultaneously preparing the rest of the universe for our future role in it (John 14:2). He always has the best information on everything and certainly also on the things that matter most in human life. Let us now hear his teachings on who has the good life, on who is among the truly blessed."
Author: Dallas Willard
9. "Another person who's smarter than I. What a relief to not have to be the smartest guy anymore."
Author: Dave Winer
10. "I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues."
Author: Franklin D. Roosevelt
11. "Obviously the name of the show is a joke, a friend of mine gave it to me. But some people are very literal. Sometimes you see things like "He's not the smartest man in the world! All he does is drink." Well, they're not listening very closely."
Author: Greg Proops
12. "Skibbereen have a hard time at [math]; the best that the smartest of them can do with adding two plus two is guessing: three plus one. Correct, sort of, but not always useful."
Author: Gregory Maguire
13. "The most peaceful thing in the world is plowing a field. Chances are you'll do your best thinking that way. And that's why I've always thought and said, farmers are the smartest people in the world, they don't go for high hats and they can spot a phony a mile off."
Author: Harry S. Truman
14. "You're used to being the smartest guy in the room. Solitary confinement will do that."
Author: Jarod Kintz
15. "Some people majored in English to prepare for law school. Others became journalists. The smartest guy in the honors program, Adam Vogel, a child of academics, was planning on getting a Ph.D. and becoming an academic himself. That left a large contingent of people majoring in English by default. Because they weren't left-brained enough for science, because history was too try, philosophy too difficult, geology too petroleum-oriented, and math too mathematical - because they weren't musical, artistic, financially motivated, or really all that smart, these people were pursuing university degrees doing something no different from what they'd done in first grade: reading stories. English was what people who didn't know what to major in majored in."
Author: Jeffrey Eugenides
16. "John was the smartest and most amazing comedian I've ever worked with. I think more than teaching me about acting or comedy, he taught me about life and the love of people and respect of people."
Author: Kaley Cuoco
17. "Keeping your private life as private as possible is the smartest thing."
Author: Kate Mara
18. "One of the smartest things one can do in life sometimes…is play stupid. Be encouraged"
Author: Kerry E. Wagner
19. "I lie in a bathtub of cold water, still sweating and singing love songs to myself. I put the gun to my head and cock it.I think of my Grandma and remember that old feeling of being so in love that nothing matters except seeing and being seen by her. I drop the gun to my chest. I'm so sad and I can't really see a way out of what I'm feeling but I'm leaning on memory for help. Faster. Slower. I think I want to hurt myself more than I'm already hurting. I'm not the smartest boy in the world by a long shot, but even in my funk I know that easy remedies like eating your way out of sad, or fucking your way out of sad, or lying your way out of sad, or slanging your way out of sad, or robbing your way out of sad, or gambling your way out of sad, or shooting your way out of sad, are just slower, more acceptable ways for desperate folks, and especially paroled black boys in our country, to kill ourselves and others close to us in America."
Author: Kiese Laymon
20. "Bill Gates wants people to think he's Edison, when he's really Rockefeller. Referring to Gates as the smartest man in America isn't right... wealth isn't the same thing as intelligence."
Author: Larry Ellison
21. "I don't judge people by their accent, or how they word things, or how grammatically correct their speech is. Some of the smartest men in the world couldn't spell. I judge a person by their character."
Author: Larry The Cable Guy
22. "I would never be popular. I didn't want to be; I liked being shy. I'd never be the smartest or the hottest or the happiest. By eighth grade you start to figure out your limits."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
23. "Me?...Stupid?" I fluttered my eyes innocently. "When have I ever done anything stupid?""Don't get me wrong, you're the smartest person I know…" She fought back a smile. "But you have done some of the dumbest things I ever thought possible.""So you have a point…" I shrugged. "Still not stopping me."
Author: M.A. George
24. "Lie to Me' is one of the smartest shows on TV. We have something different, unique and new to say to the audience that they're not going to get from any other show."
Author: Monica Raymund
25. "....he said nothing. It seemed the smartest thing to say."
Author: Neil Gaiman
26. "Jonah Peretti is one of the smartest web publishers out there. And Buzzfeed is an aggressive and dynamic company."
Author: Nick Denton
27. "What about this? A colony of nothing but Battle School grads. If they bred true, they'd be the smartest military minds in the galaxy.Then they'd come home and take over Earth.OK, not that."
Author: Orson Scott Card
28. "I definitely did look up to John. We all looked up to John. He was older and he was very much the leader; he was the quickest wit and the smartest."
Author: Paul McCartney
29. "David Stern might be the smartest executive in the history of professional sports. His obsession with the Vagrant Kings is one of the strangest stories."
Author: R.E. Graswich
30. "I miss you, Eleanor. I want to be with you all the time. You're the smartest girl I've ever met, and the funniest, and everything you do surprises me. And I wish I could say that those are the reasons I like you, because that would make me sound like a really evolved human being …‘But I think it's got as much to do with your hair being red and your hands being soft … and the fact that you smell like homemade birthday cake"
Author: Rainbow Rowell
31. "I hate tricks. At the first sign of a trick or gimmick in a piece of fiction, a cheap trick or even an elaborate trick, I tend to look for cover. Tricks are ultimately boring, and I get bored easily, which may go along with my not having much of an attention span. But extremely clever chi-chi writing, or just plain tomfoolery writing, puts me to sleep. Writers don't need tricks or gimmicks or even necessarily need to be the smartest fellows on the block. At the risk of appearing foolish, a writer sometimes needs to be able to just stand and gape at this or that thing- a sunset or an old shoe- in absolute and simple amazement."
Author: Raymond Carver
32. "I got into medical school at the University of California in San Francisco and did well. A lot of smart kids in medical school, and believe me, I wasn't not nearly the smartest one, but I was the most focused and the happiest kid in medical school. In 1979, I graduated as the valedictorian and was honored with the Gold Cane Award."
Author: Richard Carmona
33. "For instance, Clinton who was unquestionably the smartest of the bunch I talked to - both the ones who made it and didn't. He had a great interest in policy."
Author: Robert Scheer
34. "She's the one who sits in the back of the classroom. The one who never raises her hand.The one who might be the smartest girl you'll ever know.But ever time she speaks some one speaks their opinion before her.She's the one who cries herself to sleep.Who you never see in the hallways.Who is always late to class because she wants to avoid the wretched bitterness that halls expose.Who never tells anyone her problems.Who slices her wrists to get rid of pain.She is the girl who will never be the same.She is the girl who will never think she is ever good enough.She's the one who is feeling like she has no purpose.She is the one that can raise her voice and stop the bullying but will never choose to.She might be your best friend.She might be your daughter.She might be your girlfriend.She might just be the girl in the back of you class. And she will never live the same life she once did."
Author: Sarah Mares
35. "And in knowing that you know nothing makes you the smartest of all."
36. "What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle."
Author: Stephen King
37. "At bottom, you see, we are not Homo sapiens as all. Our core is madness. The prime directive is murder. What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. And that is what the Pulse exposed five days ago."
Author: Stephen King
38. "Mental illness doesn't choose the most talented or the smartest or the richest or the poorest. It shows no mercy and often arrives like an unexpected storm, dropping an endless downpour on young dreams."
Author: Steve Lopez
39. "You're Shane, right?'He inched away from her and managed a quick nod as he twisted the rag he held in his fingers. 'Heidi sad you were willing to teach me how to ride.' Her expression shifted from entertained to confused, as if she was wondering why no one had mentioned he was a can or two shy of a six-pack. 'A horse,' he clarified, then wanted to kick himself. What else but a horse? Did he think she was here to learn to ride his mother's elephant? One corner of Annabelle's perfect, full mouth twitched. 'A horse would be good. You seem to have several.'He wanted to remind himself that he was usually fine around women. Smooth even. He was intelligent, funny and could, on occasion, be charming. Just not now, with his blood pumping and his brain doing nothing more than shouting "it's her, it's her" over and over again. Chemistry, he thought grimly. It could turn the smartest man into a drooling idiot. Here he was, proving the theory true."
Author: Susan Mallery
40. "Bustopher Jones is not skin and bones — In fact, he's remarkably fat.He doesn't haunt pubs — he has eight or nine clubs,For he's the St. James's Street Cat!He's the Cat we all greet as he walks down the streetIn his coat of fastidious black:No commonplace mousers have such well-cut trousersOr such an impeccable back.In the whole of St. James's the smartest of names isThe name of this Brummell of Cats;And we're all of us proud to be nodded or bowed toBy Bustopher Jones in white spats!"
Author: T.S. Eliot
41. "Gus is the Cat at the Theatre Door.His name, as I ought to have told you before,Is really Asparagus. That's such a fussTo pronounce, that we usually call him just Gus.His coat's very shabby, he's thin as a rake,And he suffers from palsy that makes his paw shake.Yet he was, in his youth, quite the smartest of Cats —But no longer a terror to mice or to rats.For he isn't the Cat that he was in his prime;Though his name was quite famous, he says, in his time.And whenever he joins his friends at their club(which takes place at the back of the neighbouring pub)He loves to regale them, if someone else pays,With anecdotes drawn from his palmiest days.For he once was a Star of the highest degree —He has acted with Irving, he's acted with Tree.And he likes to relate his success on the Halls,Where the Gallery once gave him seven cat-calls.But his grandest creation, as he loves to tell,Was Firefrorefiddle, the Fiend of the Fell."
Author: T.S. Eliot
42. "I could always accept not being the prettiest or the smartestBecause I had the best of friends.A and A they called us.But, Anna, somehow, I failed you. And now I've lost the best part ofMe."
Author: Terri Fields
43. "Lucas hated the word. It was so easy to say, but it could honestly cut someone in half if they thought for a second that they were. Lucas was a confident man, but with his dyslexia, he never felt like he was smart. Fallon had never made him feel like he was less of a man; she always treated him like he was the smartest man in the room, until now. Now she had called him it."
Author: Toni Aleo
44. "You can be one of the smartest students in this school if you actually listened to what was being said and stopped focussing so much on how everything affects you."
Author: Travis Berketa
45. "I think Henry Kissinger grew up with that odd mix of ego and insecurity that comes from being the smartest kid in the class. From really knowing you're more awesomely intelligent than anybody else, but also being the guy who got beaten up for being Jewish."
Author: Walter Isaacson
46. "In fact she strongly encouraged me to be honest about his failings as well as his strengths. She is one of the smartest and most"
Author: Walter Isaacson
47. "I've always loved science fiction. I think the smartest writers are science fiction writers dealing with major things."
Author: Walter Mosley
Quotes About The Smartest Pictures