Famous Quotes About The Two Of Us
Browse 93 famous quotes and sayings about The Two Of Us.
Top Quotes About The Two Of Us
1. "To anyone else, Xavier's use of the word angel would have sounded like nothing more than a lovesick teenager professing his admiration. Only the two of us knew differently and now we both shared a secret- that brought us closer than ever. It was as if we had just sealed the bond between us, closed the gap, and made it final."
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
2. "Inside the snow globe on my father's desk, there was a penguin wearing a red-and-white-stripped scarf. When I was little my father would pull me into his lap and reach for the snow globe. He would turn it over, letting all the snow collect on the top, then quickly invert it. The two of us watched the snow fall gently around the penguin. The penguin was alone in there, I thought, and I worried for him. When I told my father this, he said, 'Don't worry, Susie; he has a nice life. He's trapped in a perfect world."
Author: Alice Sebold
3. "Guy welcomed my breasts warmly. He hugged them like long-lost friends and stared at them with the protectiveness of a mother lion, as if to make sure they didn't decide to get up on their own and leave the two of us alone together in his office. He waved them into a chair and asked if they would like anything to drink. On their behalf, I ordered Perrier."
Author: Ally O'Brien
4. "The two of us praying like this to the Black Madonna Sudenly washes over me, and I'm filled with love for my mother. The best gift she has give me is the constancy of her belief. Whatever I become, she loves me. To her, I am enough."
Author: Ann Kidd Taylor
5. "I could look at you forever and never see the two of us together"
Author: Billy Collins
6. "We were new then, our lives stretched out before us. Our families had let us go. Abbott had yet to find us. For this very short time, it would be just the two of us - just two kids."
Author: Bridget Asher
7. "Webster and I are very aloof. The two of us go and sit there by ourselves. I sit by myself in the corner with my book and the newspaper. He kind of runs around a little bit, and then he goes and sits on top of the picnic table. He never plays with other little dogs."
Author: Calista Flockhart
8. "I am in no mood to fulminate on paper--I wish the two of us were in a room together talking of what matters most, the air thick with affinity. In January a man crawls into a cave of hopelessness; he hallucinates sympathies catching fire. Letters are glaciers, null frigates, trapping us where we are in the moment, unable to carry us on toward truth."
Author: Carlene Bauer
9. "I continue to experience my faith in God as a personal relationship between the two of us. However, having admitted my commonality with the human race, I find that my faith does not flourish in isolation. As much as I hate to admit it, my faith is enhanced and enlarged when in relationship to other less-than-perfect human beings. Even though at times other Christians can be quite annoying, I feel very fortunate to have found my way back to a spiritual community that puts up with me even when I'm a bit annoying myself."
Author: Carmen Renee Berry
10. "But you don't know what it was like. It was just the two of us that afternoon, and then . . . and then it was just me."
Author: Carol Rifka Brunt
11. "There would be hard times, but what did I care if we had hard times? The branches of my love were wide, and they caught the rain and the snow. We would be okay, the two of us together. We would be okay."
Author: Carolyn Parkhurst
12. "It's kind of like... It's kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there and the other player is there, and it's just the two of us and I put the other player's body in my van. And I am the winner."
Author: Chris Onstad
13. "I want this worldsmall enough for the two of usI want you to think of methat wayI want this worldto crash us into marvelousI want you to kiss meand say:"
Author: David Levithan
14. "Are you two inseparable now?" I asked you.You laughed. "Don't you know, Evan? People are always separable."I wanted to say I had once thought the two of us were inseparable.But that would have only proven your point."
Author: David Levithan
15. "When Phil and I hit that one spot where I call it 'The Everly Brothers,' I don't know where it is. 'Cause it's not me and it's not him. It's the two of us together. I sing the lead, and so I can drift off. Then we'll come back in together and the whole thing happens again. It amazes me sometimes."
Author: Don Everly
16. "But he place a gentle palm under her chin and turned her face back to him. "I'm privileged to see you like this," he said, his eyes fierce. "Wear you social mask at your balls and parties and when you visit your friends out there, but when we are alone, just the two of us in here, promise me this: that you'll show me only your real face, no matter how ugly you might think it. That's our true intimacy, not sex, but the ability to be ourselves when we are together. (Winter Makepeace)"
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
17. "So your perfect proposal, what would it be?" Ben asks. "Seriously?"... "I don't know. It would just be the two of us, and I guess I'd want him to say something honest, not overly romantic, not something that would make a great story to tell his friends. I'd just want him to lean over..." As I say it, I lean slightly toward Ben, close enough that I can feel the warmth of his body radiating into the empty space between us, and drop the volume of my voice. "... and say 'Janelle Tenner, fucking marry me."
Author: Elizabeth Norris
18. "So there the two of us were. Frozen in time, living in the moment, focused only on our immediate desires. Which of course included sex. Lots and lots of it."
Author: Emily Giffin
19. "What I want is for the two of us to meet somewhere by chance one day, like, passing on the street, or getting on the same bus."
Author: Haruki Murakami
20. "The two of us are linked together by the heavy bonds of silence that pass through the wall seperating our two worlds. We need each other more than anything, I feel without a doubt."
Author: Haruki Murakami
21. "So here we are. The two of us. Me and this geezer I gotta kill. Sittin here in a car showroom office, lookin at each other, lettin Shostakovich's Fifth Symphony take us to places too beautiful and too fuckin sad for words."
Author: Ian Ayris
22. "He gathered me closer, kissed my neck, then spoke in a low voice next to my ear. "I figure, see, if you find yourself getting more attached to the two of us than you planned, maybe you won't think about picking up and leaving to start another life somewhere else."
Author: Jenn Bennett
23. "Why do you have to correct everything I say?" Julie glanced at his FTW! shirt. "Out of the two of us, I don't think I'm the one that deviates from the norm." The train slammed to a stop. "You're the one who seems to get off arguing." "You sound exactly like Finn. We're exchanging ideas. Debating." Matt looked down at his shorts. "And so far I haven't gotten off."
Author: Jessica Park
24. "Tell me how you need us.""I think this will be just the two of us." But as Jon took up his fork, he gave Matt alook. "Still, thanks for all of it. Thanks for being here when I needed it. As usual.""I will not be hugged," Matt said sternly.Jon considered the food. "You?re awfully nurturing for someone who doesn?t hug.""Eat it and shut up, or you?re fired."
Author: Joey W. Hill
25. "It was only when I got home that I reached into my pocket. I found a piece of paper he must have slipped in there while he held me: a little caricature of the two of us, him a huge bear in his uniform, grinning, his arm around me, petite and narrow-waisted, my face straight and solemn, my hair pulled neatly behind my head. Underneath it he had written, in his looping,‘I never knew real happiness until you."
Author: Jojo Moyes
26. "Time slowed, and stilled. It was just the two of us, me murmuring in the empty, sunlit room. Will didn't say much. He didn't answer back, or add a dry comment, or scoff. He nodded occasionally, his head pressed against mine, and murmured, or let out a msall sound that could have been satisfaction at another good memory."It has been, the best six months of my entire life.""Funnily enough, Clark, mine too."And then, just liek that, my heart broke. My face crumpled, my composure went and I helf him tighty and I stopped caring that he could feel shudder of my sobbing body because grief swamped me It overwhelmed me and tore at my heart and my stomach nd my head and it pulled me under, and I couldn't bear it."
Author: Jojo Moyes
27. "Rose is undistractable, indefatigable, a problem solver.Work is her essence, her animating spirit, and the core of her impact on me. Her dedication to it helps make my life possible, connects the two of us in this powerful way."
Author: Jon Katz
28. "He got to know me, not with the minuteness with which I knew him, but with his spontaneous conclusions. He talked about everyone and defined them, but I had the privilege of being the only one in whom he discovered new facets, the only one to whom he addressed questions from the soul, the only one he examined and in whom he found what they never gave him, but he was frightened by the discovery. The two of us were filled with fear that night, the only night, when we again closed what we'd opened, as if we'd never seen it."
Author: Jorge Franco
29. "I grew up with my mom; it was just the two of us."
Author: Kat Edmonson
30. "Sam's eyes studied my lips and I studied hers. We each leaned in closer until our foreheads were touching. It felt like currents of electricity were running through the two of us, making me feel like I was going to melt from the intensity."
Author: Keary Taylor
31. "Women beg me for it, and not the other way around.""Then you should go to one of them.""Oh, I will. When we return to London, I'm going to embark on a spree of orgiastic debauchery that won't end until someone is arrested for it. But in the meanwhile...do you truly expect that the two of us are going to share a bed tonight-and tomorrow night-as chastely as a pair of nuns on holiday?"
Author: Lisa Kleypas
32. "I thought that probably meant something - that we could only really look at each other through a looking glass. Literally.I didn't know where that thought came from, but I could feel that it was true. It had something to do with the two of us, seemingly so different, standing there side by side. There was no wall between us. But we both wanted to think there was."
Author: Megan Crane
33. "Thorn gazed back and forth between the two of us. "You could have left me behind, but you stayed. I won't forget that."
Author: Patrick Carman
34. "Carey's had though times as well, so between the two of us, it's perfect"
35. "You know,' Shane said twenty minutes later, 'I'd feel a whole lot better about the two of us if you didn't think i was the go-to guy for breaking and entering.'She felt a flash of guilt about the breaking-and-entering part -but she had called him- just before her heart did a funny little painful flip and she heard him say again in her head THE TWO OF US."
Author: Rachel Caine
36. "I'd feel a whole lot better about the two of us if you didn't think I was the go-to guy for breaking and entering."
Author: Rachel Caine
37. "I can't..." Her voice broke. "I can't do this any more.""Then I'll do it for you," I rasped, my throat closing. "Let me love you enough for the two of us, until you can accept you're worth it. Because you are, Emma. I don't know how to convince you. But I'll spend the rest of my life trying. You can't give up on me now. I won't let you."
Author: Rebecca Donovan
38. "So here I am walking around with another person inside of me. Though I think I put it better the day we parted when I said there is a third person we have created from the two of us. And I am stalked now by that other entity."
Author: Robert James Waller
39. "Philip revealed his carefully cloaked emotions when he wrote to his mother-in-law, "Cherish Lilibet? I wonder if that word is enough to express what is in me." He declared that his new wife was "the only 'thing' in this world which is absolutely real to me, and my ambition is to weld the two of us into a new combined existence that will not only be able to withstand the shocks directed at us but will also have a positive existence for the good"
Author: Sally Bedell Smith
40. "And I've been waiting for you, because I couldn't do anything else. And we've both known that we would meet again, and then it would be all over with life and everything that gave our existence meaning and tension. A secret of the kind that lurks between the two of us has extraordinary power. It burns through the fabric of life like a scorching beam, and yet at the same time it also gives it tensile strength. It forces us to live."
Author: Sándor Márai
41. "I told them you almost certainly were not a serial killer, and that they were being horribly sexist by assuming that of the two of us, only you were capable of committing murder. That may have been a tactical error—it got me rather a lot more questioning that I hadn't exactly been planning on." "Well, yes. It's usually unwise to tell the police you could be a serial killer if you really, really wanted to."
Author: Seanan McGuire
42. "You swore an oath, just like the rest of us. I won't have you preying on innocents in my town. (Talon)Ooo. How cliché, little partner. Wanna tell me to be out by sunup, or better yet, this town ain't big enough for the two of us? (Zarek)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
43. "Have a look around, my pretty, we are surrounded by Death in all forms – just the two of us are still alive –"
Author: Simona Panova
44. "What I don't get is how this helps me. You two get superpowers, and I get what?"Cian smiled broadly. "You have a power, Meggie. You have a magical pussy. It was sleeping with you together that brought us into our power. That vagina of yours is pure gold, lover." Meg gave Cian a playful shove and rolled her eyes while he and his brother had a good laugh."Don't go expecting to use it on anyone else," Beck said as though the thought had suddenly occurred to him. "That only works on the two of us."Meg walked up to him and gave him a saucy smile. "Yes, Beck, I was planning on opening up shop. I was going to hang a sign on the cottage door and charge for it."
Author: Sophie Oak
45. "Both the two of us knew it. We watched the lie go up big and slow between us, then it burst like a spit bubble. They always burst before too long."
Author: Stephen Kelman
46. "I recalled the afternoon when the two of us stood beating erasers, and Camille confided that she'd done penance for stories - stories that I'll never know if she wrote or only imagined writing. She'd wanted me to tell her a secret from my dreams, a secret from my dreams I hadn't had as yet, and so I didn't quite understand what she was after."It's about feeling," Camille had insisted.I didn't understand then that she was talking about risk."
Author: Stuart Dybek
47. "Unexpectedly, Rue throws her arms around me. I only hesitate a moment before I hug her back."You be careful," she says. "You,too," I say. I turn and head back to the stream feeling somehow worried. About Rue being killed, about Rue not being killed and the two of us being left for last, about leaving Rue alone, about leaving Prim alone back home. No, Prim has my mother and Gale and a baker who has promised she won't go hungry. Rue only has me."
Author: Suzanne Collins
48. "Chloe helps to calm me. She makes me feel like nothing in this world exist other than the two of us. I love her more than anything and one day she'll be all mine."
Author: T.H. Snyder
49. "I been talkin' with my buddy, and he thinks I'm virgin enough fer the two of us."
Author: William Inge
50. "You're still in love''No I'm not, I'm not She'll always be a part of me, and she's an important person in my life but for the two of us something wasn't working.''What element?''We never found out"
Author: Woody Allen
Quotes About The Two Of Us Pictures