Famous Quotes About Things Working Together
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Things Working Together.
Top Quotes About Things Working Together
1. "Our family used to be like this strong cup," thought Francie. "It was whole and sound and held things well. When papa died, the first crack came. And this fight tonight made another crack. Soon there will be so many cracks that the cup will break and we'll all be pieces instead of the whole thing together. I don't want this to happen, yet I'm deliberately making a deep crack."
Author: Betty Smith
2. "I write for the unlearned about things in which I am unlearned myself."
Author: C.S. Lewis
3. "Well, very splendid and very frightening. But splendid things are often frightening. Sometimes, it's the fright that makes them splendid at all."
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
4. "I enjoy working on a movie that lets your imagination run wild, it's great to be a part of and watch."
Author: Chris Hemsworth
5. "What if we take away the cool music and the cushioned chairs? What if the screens are gone and the stage is no longer decorated? What if the air conditioning is off and the comforts are removed? Would his Word still be enough for his people to come together? At Brook Hills we decided to try to answer this question. We actually stripped away the entertainment value and invited people to come together simply to study God's Word for hours at a time. We called it Secret Church. We set a date—one Friday night—when we would gather from six o'clock in the evening until midnight, and for six hours we would do nothing but study the Word and pray. We would interrupt the six-hour Bible study periodically to pray for our brothers and sisters around the world who are forced to gather secretly. We would also pray for ourselves, that we would learn to love the Word as they do."
Author: David Platt
6. "Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter."
Author: Francis Chan
7. "Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth.... Through words and concepts we shall never reach beyond the wall off relations, to some sort of fabulous primal ground of things."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
8. "She watched the sun bleed water out of the icicle. Warm and cold working together to make an icicle. Warm and cold anger working together to make a fury, a fury worthy enough to use as a weapon against the old things that still needed fighting."
Author: Gregory Maguire
9. "Money may be the husk of many things but not the kernel. It brings you food, but not appetite; medicine, but not health; acquaintance, but not friends; servants, but not loyalty; days of joy, but not peace or happiness."
Author: Henrik Ibsen
10. "The Internet works because a lot of people cooperate to do things together."
Author: Jon Postel
11. "What we have, in fact, is not a theory at all but a large collection of approximate calculations, together with a web of conjectures that, if true, point to the existence of a theory."
Author: Lee Smolin
12. "Walking, I can almost hear the redwoods beating. And the oceans are above me here, rolling clouds, heavy and dark. It is winter and there is smoke from the fires. It is a world of elemental attention, of all things working together, listening to what speaks in the blood. Whichever road I follow, I walk in the land of many gods, and they love and eat one another. Suddenly all my ancestors are behind me. Be still, they say. Watch and listen. You are the result of the love of thousands."
Author: Linda Hogan
13. "They say that whatever is meant to be will happen. That if a love is true, it will always come back to you. Bullshit. You can't wait around for love to come back or for something to happen. You have to make it happen. Have you ever heard of someone accomplishing their dreams by waiting around because 'what is meant to be will happen'?No.Those people fought for what they wanted and loved. They didn't lean back and wait for their dreams to come rushing at them. Each and every one made their dream come true. They found love because they were searching for it. They didn't let anything get in their way. Every day for the rest of mylife, I will fight for my love and my dreams. I will work to make things stick together instead of working to make them fall apart."
Author: Lindsay Paige
14. "She said it out loud, the words distributed into a room that was full of cold air and books. Books everywhere! Each wall was armed with overcrowded yet immaculate shelving. It was barely possible to see paintwork. There were all different styles and sizes of lettering on the spines of the black, the red, the gray, the every-colored books. It was one of the most beautiful things Liesel Meminger had ever seen.With wonder, she smiled.That such a room existed!"
Author: Markus Zusak
15. "So, look, in order to move our country forward, we have to do the things our parents and grandparents did. They believed enough in our country to invest in our country, to create jobs, to make modern investments. And those are the things that we need to get back to with a balanced approach."
Author: Martin O'Malley
16. "I get angry if I do things wrong, but that's what keeps me going. I want to do my best."
Author: Matteo Manassero
17. "It's simply the way things are when people come together out of hurt rather than happiness. When you try to use people as band-aids you merely reinfect the wound, and every moment you spend with them is like a speck of glass working itself deeper into your flesh."
Author: Michael Marshall Smith
18. "Fear is the illusion that I have some control over the bad things that might happen to me."
Author: Michael Treanor
19. "What we need most right now, at this moment, is a kind of patriotic grace - a grace that takes the long view, apprehends the moment we're in, comes up with ways of dealing with it, and eschews the politically cheap and manipulative. That admits affection and respect. That encourages them. That acknowledges that the small things that divide us are not worthy of the moment; that agrees that the things that can be done to ease the stresses we feel as a nation should be encouraged, while those that encourage our cohesion as a nation should be supported."
Author: Peggy Noonan
20. "[T]he right way to pray is not to beg, but to picture good things, to banish all bad things from our mind."
Author: Rebecca Wells
21. "If we think we will have joy only by praying and singing psalms, we will be disillusioned. But if we fill our lives with simple good things and constantly thank God for them, we will be joyful, that is, full of joy. And what about our problems? When we determine to dwell on the good and excellent things in life, we will be so full of those things that they will tend to swallow our problems."
Author: Richard J. Foster
22. "Call things by their right names - Glass of brandy and water! That is the current, but not the appropriate name; ask for a glass of liquid fire and distilled damnation."
Author: Robert Hall
23. "I discovered another analogy in the legacy of Prophet Muhammad that immediately clicked with me: that the angels put down their wings in humility for a person who seeks knowledge, and that all living things, even the ants in their anthill and the fish in the sea, pray for a person who teaches people good things.When I read this, I literally felt the goodness flow out of my heart for all creatures. The beautiful mental image it evoked resonated with my concept of the universe as one unit, and of all living things seeking to live together in peace and harmony, and being grateful when humans tried to fit into the circle of life, instead of working so hard to disrupt its equilibrium"
Author: Sahar El Nadi
24. "Strangely, the subsequent AIDS works that have become iconic in our culture rarely mention the movement, or the engaged community of lovers, but both formations were inseparable from the crisis itself. Now, looking back, I fear that the story of the isolated helpless homosexual was one far more palatable to the corporations who control the reward system in the arts.The more truthful story of the American mass - abandoning families, criminal governments, indifferent neighbors - is too uncomfortable and inconvenient to recall. The story of how gay people who were despised, had no rights, and carried the burden of a terrible disease came together to force the country to change against its will, is apparently too implicating to tell. Fake tales of individual heterosexuals heroically overcoming their prejudices to rescue helpless dying men with AIDS was a lot more appealing to the powers that be, but not at all true."
Author: Sarah Schulman
25. "Money and women. They're two of the strongest things in the world. The things you do for a woman you wouldn't do for anything else. Same with money."
Author: Satchel Paige
26. "One day Trurl the constructor put together a machine that could build anything beginning with the letter 'n'."
Author: Stanisław Lem
27. "Stanislas Dehaene's work. In brief, the adolescent reader abruptly jumps from working out individual sentences and words to second-guessing; skipping laborious neural links formerly used to make prose intelligible means that brain is now free to make connections with personal experience, rather than just attempting to make sense of marks on a page or screen. Crudely put, this means that once a critical level of experience has been reached, the reader uses both hemispheres to do two or three different things with the text. He or she "inhabits" a book rather than just piecing the sentences together word-by-word."
Author: Tat Wood
28. "I think long and carefully about what novels ought to do. They should clarify the roles that have become obscured; they ought to identify those things in the past that are useful and those things that are not; and they ought to give nourishment."
Author: Toni Morrison
Quotes About Things Working Together Pictures