Famous Quotes About To Be Happy
Browse 90 famous quotes and sayings about To Be Happy.
Top Quotes About To Be Happy
1. "He isn't going to be happy with me. I don't want his anger directed my way when I snuff out his precious one. After all, who wants to fuck with Death."
Author: Abbi Glines
2. "A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy and nothing can stop him."
Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
3. "Most people need expensive cars or designer clothes to be happy. You just need pancakes. And snow."
Author: Allie Everhart
4. "Happiness is a decision and so as Love. If you decide to be happy then you're happy. If you decide to love then you love."
Author: Ann Marie Aguilar
5. "Freddie often fold me that you've got to be happy when you can, because life won't wait for you to take the time. And she was right."
Author: April Genevieve Tucholke
6. "I want to be happy. I realized that being happy isn't necessarily about getting there, it's how you get there. It almost sounds like a cliche, but every entrepreneur I've talked to - every good entrepreneur - really enjoys the 'how you get here.'"
Author: Ben Huh
7. "A way of life that keeps saying 'Around the next corner, above the next step,' works against the natural order of things and makes it so difficult to be happy and good."
Author: Benjamin Hoff
8. "There are still civil rights issues. There are still people who can't be visited by their spouse in the hospital because they're gay. These are humanitarian issues. At the end of the day, all you want is for people to be happy in the pursuit of life, love and liberty."
Author: Brandi Carlile
9. "Peace is something like happiness; you cannot say "I will be happy when..." and you can't say "I will be peaceful when..." Your happiness shouldn't depend on the situation you're in nor on the circumstances that surround you. In the same breath, you cannot wait for everything around you to become peaceful in order for you to say "I am peaceful." In both happiness and peace, there is a heart of strength, determination and steadfastness; a heart that has the power to make things happen. You have to be at peace. You have to be happy. Now."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
10. "Happy is one of the many things I'm likely to be over the course of a day and certainly over the course of a lifetime. But I think if you have the expectation that you're going to be happy throughout your life--more to the point, if you have a need to be comfortable all the time--well, among other things, you have the makings of a classic drug addict or alcoholic."
Author: Carrie Fisher
11. "Who needs a fairytale? In the end, I only want to be happy with a guy I love, and who loves me just as much. That's all I need."
Author: Cherrie Lynn
12. "The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
Author: Dalai Lama
13. "George, who is out somewhere there in the dark, who is good to me - whom I revile, who can keep learning the games we play as quickly as I can change them. Who can make me happy and I do not wish to be happy. And yes, I do wish to be happy. George and Martha: Sad, sad, sad. Whom I will not forgive for having come to rest; for having seen me and having said: "Yes, this will do". Who has made the hideous, the hurting, the insulting mistake of loving… me, and must be punished for it. George and Martha… Sad, sad, sad."
Author: Edward Albee
14. "There's a boy whose affection I am determined to hunt down and kill. It used to be material objects I felt I needed to be happy. It would make me feel stable if I had him. If I had someone like him, it would prove that I'm stable, and then I wouldn't have to do the work to get there. I am constantly looking for ways to cede control of my worries to someone, anyone."
Author: Emma Forrest
15. "When loved ones die, people always say, "Don't be sad. I'm sure they would have wanted you to be happy." I'm sure that's true. But let's be realistic here, people also want to be missed. It is every person's nightmare to leave the world behind as if they had never been there at all."
Author: Esther Earl
16. "If a man prefers nothing I can give him nothing. But nearly all people I have ever met in this western society in which I live would agree to the general proposition that we need this life of practical romance; the combination of something that is strange with something that is secure. We need so to view the world as to combine an idea of wonder and an idea of welcome. We need to be happy in this wonderland without once being merely comfortable. It is this achievement of my creed that I shall chiefly pursue in these pages."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
17. "We are young, but We already know that in life's great game those who are most unhappy are those who haven't taken the risk to be happy. And I don't want to be one of those"
Author: Guillaume Musso
18. "The dead, Your Honor, do not agonize over their crimes and do not long to be happy, as you know. If from time to time we hear the opposite, then those are just trivial religious and poetical exaggerations and ridiculous rumors, which have nothing to do with the real circumstances of the simple dead."
Author: Hassan Blasim
19. "Everyone knew as much as they needed to know to be happy."
Author: Ian McEwan
20. "The necklace was a good excuse," he murmured."For what?""I thought maybe I could go to Charleston and show up at your front door to give this back and maybe… you might let me in. Or something. I was worried that another male would court you, so I've been trying to go as fast as I could. I mean, I figured maybe if I could read, and if I took a little better care of myself, and if I tried to stop being such a mean-ass motherfucker…" He shook his head. "But don't misunderstand. It's not like I expected you to be happy to see me. I was just… you know, hoping… coffee. Tea. Chance to talk. Or some shit. Friends, maybe. Except if you had a male, he wouldn't allow that. So, yeah, that's why I've been hurrying."His yellow eyes lifted to hers. He was wincing, as if he were afraid of what might be showing on her face."Friends?" she said."Yeah… I mean, I wouldn't disgrace you by asking for more than that. I know that you regret… Anyway, I just couldn't let you go without… Yeah, so… friends."
Author: J.R. Ward
21. "She was happy, she knew she was happy, and knew she ought to be happy."
Author: Jane Austen
22. "The night I left home I felt that I had been tricked or trapped into going - and not even by Mrs Winterson, but by the dark narrative of our life together. Her fatalism was so powerful. She was her own black hole that pulled in all the light. She was made of dark matter and her force was invisible unseen except in its effects.What would it have meant to be happy? What would it have meant if things had been bright, clear, good between us?"
Author: Jeanette Winterson
23. "El, you are telling me to run away with a man to become his mistress.""I am telling you to be happy. Even if it lasts only a little while. We must snatch what we can when we have the chance. Life is so very lonely when we don't."
Author: Jennifer Ashley
24. "I think people really want to be happy."
Author: John Astin
25. "...‘All this suffering,' I said, ‘and nothing but greed and violence to build on when the war is over.'‘Have another soda-mint,' said Charles.I had one. Then I said, ‘Why are we here? That's what I don't understand. Why be here at all when it all has to be so beastly?'‘I suppose we just came, like mould on cheese.'‘Then why do we want to be happy? Mould on cheese doesn't want to be happy.' ..."
Author: Joyce Dennys
26. "Wisdom is doing now what you are going to be happy with later on"
Author: Joyce Meyer
27. "You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness."
Author: Julia Roberts
28. "I'm trying to do it my way. For me to be happy in the business means I have to do it myself."
Author: Julian Cope
29. "Glitch will go straight to the queen, and she is not going to be happy. With either of us. And if Ash decides to pursue…" For the first time, a worried look crossed his face."
Author: Julie Kagawa
30. "It was because she was drinking a lot, choosing to do these things to be happy but never seeming all that happy the next day, or the one after that."
Author: Katie Heaney
31. "I don't like him," I explained. "He annoys the hell out of me ninety-six percent of the time, and sometimes I'd like nothing better than to strangle him to death. But at the same time I... I want him to be happy. I think about him way more than I should, and I -""You love him."
Author: Kody Keplinger
32. "You need a reason to be sad. You don't need a reason to be happy."
Author: Louis Sachar
33. "Happiness is the highest form of self-respect. A person who allows himself to be happy shows his self-respect."
Author: Maery Rubin
34. "The end of life is not to be happy, nor to achieve pleasure and avoid pain, but to do the will of God, come what may."
Author: Martin Luther King Jr.
35. "Choose to be happy. It is what we have all done."
Author: Melissa Marr
36. "Deep in her heart, she wasn't sure she deserved to be happy, nor did she believe that she was worthy of someone who seemed...normal."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
37. "To be happy, you have to risk being unhappy."
Author: Ogwo David Emenike
38. "Most of us are not real eager to grow, myself included. We try to be happy by staying in the status quo. But if we're not willing to be honest with ourselves about what we feel, we don't evolve."
Author: Olympia Dukakis
39. "A person who goes in search of God is wasting his time. He can walk a thousand roads and join many religions and sects–but he'll never find God that way. God is here, right now, at our side. We can see Him in this mist, in the ground we're walking on, even in my shoes. His angels keep watch while we sleep and help us in our work. In order to find God, you have only to look around. But meeting Him is not easy. The more God asks us to participate in Hismysteries, the more disoriented we become, because He asks us constantly tofollow our dreams and our hearts. And that's difficult to do when we're used to living in a different way. Finally we discover, to our surprise, that God wants us to be happy, because He is the father."
Author: Paulo Coelho
40. "Claire, I-Look, my life is one long series of screw-ups and bad decisions, and I know that. I own that. But you...I just want you to be happy. And it cuts me when you're not.""I'm happy with you."She heard the smile in his voice this time. "So what do you really want? A storybook life in Vampireville, with your life on the line every day and a half?""I'm considering it," she said. And she was."
Author: Rachel Caine
41. "And there wasn't anything he wanted to do that he couldn't make time for. What did he have to mope about, really? What more did he want? Love, he could hear Eve saying. Purpose. Love. Purpose. Those are the things that you can't plan for. Those are the things that just happen. And what if they don't happen? Do you spend your whole life pining for them? Waiting to be happy?"
Author: Rainbow Rowell
42. "Performing live actually thrills me. Just get me a stage, get me a mic, and I'm going to be happy."
Author: Rita Wilson
43. "Justice is the only worship.Love is the only priest.Ignorance is the only slavery.Happiness is the only good.The time to be happy is now,The place to be happy is here,The way to be happy is to make others so.Wisdom is the science of happiness."
Author: Robert G. Ingersoll
44. "One of my big revelations was that nobody cares whether you write your novel or not. They want you to be happy. Your parents want you to have health insurance. Your friends want you to be a good friend. But everyone's thinking about their own problems and nobody wakes up in the morning thinking, ‘Boy, I sure hope Sam finishes that chapter and gets one step closer to his dream of being a working writer.' Nobody does that. If you want to write, it has to come from you. If you don't want to write, that's great. Go do something else. That was a very liberating moment for me."
Author: Sam Lipsyte
45. "God gave you sadness as well as joy, laughter as well as tears, because he knew that you would need both. He knew that this life would be good and bad and that we would need a way to express both. It was His will that your sister would die. Why? Only He knows, but He does not expect you to pretend to be happy about it. He can handle your tears, even your anger; He is not a weak God."
Author: Sarah Holman
46. "We do not need "No Objection Certificate" from anyone to be happy."
Author: Saurabh Sharma
47. "Some people are going to be happy with my decision, some people aren't... But I must live my life."
Author: Thomas Hearns
48. "We had pathetically simple dreams:to do meaningful work that we could be proud of, to be together, and to be happy."
Author: Tiffanie DeBartolo
49. "Here I am going to say something which may come as a bit of a shock. God doesn't necessarily want us to be happy. He wants us to be lovable. Worthy of love. Able to be loved by Him. We don't start off being all that lovable, if we're honest. What makes people hard to love? Isn't it what is commonly called selfishness? Selfish people are hard to love because so little love comes out of them."
Author: William Nicholson
50. "It turns out we were some peoplewhich has been chosen by God to be happy in a different way# beggars"
Author: Ys Sroyer
Quotes About To Be Happy Pictures