Famous Quotes About Tom Glavine
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Tom Glavine.
Top Quotes About Tom Glavine
1. "I have these secret pangs of shame about being single, like I wasn't good enough to get a husband. Rita reminded me of something I'd told her once, about the five rules of the world as arrived at by this Catholic priest named Tom Weston. The first rule, he says, is that you must not have anything wrong with you or anything different. The second one is that if you do have something wrong with you, you must get over it as soon as possible. The third rule is that if you can't get over it, you must pretend that you have. The fourth rule is that if you can't even pretend that you have, you shouldn't show up. You should stay home, because it's hard for everyone else to have you around. And the fifth rule is that if you are going to insist on showing up, you should at least have the decency to feel ashamed.So Rita and I decided that the most subversive, revolutionary thing I could do was to show up for my life and not be ashamed."
Author: Anne Lamott
2. "Men have a lot less to write about, unless you're somebody like Tom Waits or John Lennon. And the female voice is much more suited to melody. Men have this barky thing - we're domesticated apes with a microphone."
Author: Brandon Boyd
3. "When she spoke, Tom held his breath, so eagerly he listened; when she sang, he sat like one entranced. She touched his organ, and from that bright epoch even it, the old companion of his happiest hours, incapable as he had thought of elevation, began a new and deified existence."
Author: Charles Dickens
4. "But I felt that Tom would drift on forever seeking, a little wistfully, for the dramatic turbulence of some irrecoverable football game"
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. "He came back from France when Tom and Daisy were still on their wedding trip, and made a miserable but irresistible journey to Louisville on the last of his army pay. He stayed there a week, walking the streets where their footsteps had clicked together through the November night and revisiting the out-of-the-way places to which they had driven in her white car. Just as Daisy's house had always seemed to him more mysterious and gay than other houses so his idea of the city itself, even though she was gone from it, was pervaded with a melancholy beauty."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. "U svakom slucaju, ako covjek od civilizacije nije postao krvožedniji, postao je sigurno ružnije, ogavnije krvožedan nego prije. Prije je u krvoprolicu gledao pravednost i mirne je savjesti tamanio koga je vec trebalo; a sada, ako krvoprolice i smatramo gadošcu, ipak se bavimo tom gadošcu, pa i više nego prije."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
7. "Ali nije samo to: u dnevnoj svjetlosti u tom difuznom blijedom sjaju bez sjena nalazim tamu još gušcu od nocne."
Author: Italo Calvino
8. "Ho! Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadillo!By water, wood and hill, by reed and willow,By fire, sun and moon, harken now and hear us!Come, Tom Bombadil, for our need is near us!"
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
9. "Inside,I closed the door quietly. Tom slept on his back in the straw with arms out wide like Christ crucified. I thanked Saint Barbara for guiding me safely thus far."Tom?"A stirring in the straw, a head looking up, a disgusted gasp. "Unclean! Do they send a leper to infect me now?"I ran to him,whispering. "Hush.It's me, Tess."
Author: Janet Lee Carey
10. "I think great songs appeal to people at any age. Kids love the Beatles, too. Kids love Tom T. Hall. Of course, Tom T. wrote some things that were specifically for kids. But I think kids recognize quality more than they get credit for sometimes."
Author: Jason Isbell
11. "I have this vision of maybe going the way of Bill Kurtis and, I think, Tom Brokaw, to a certain extent - the ability to not be tied to the desk anymore, but to do projects that are meaningful to you."
Author: Lester Holt
12. "Tom's army won a great victory, after a long and hard-fought battle. Then the dead were counted, prisoners exchanged, the terms of the next disagreement agreed upon, and the day for the necessary battle appointed; after which the armies fell into line and marched away, and Tom turned homeward alone."
Author: Mark Twain
13. "Worse still, he doesn't know how to follow the piper anymore because it's a path Tom has lost faith in.And the piper knows it. Tom can see it in his father's eyes now. And the more he stares, the clearer it becomes."
Author: Melina Marchetta
14. "You are ass and I like class. I like diamonds, you are a glass. You brown mouse, I like black cats. You boy pussy but i like tom cats. Just because you got the dance, don't think you stand a fucking chance."
Author: Salman Rushdie
15. "True, [Gary Nolan] might not strike fear into the hearts of all you free-swinging power hitters out there—at least not in the same way as, say, Tom Seaver … but without question he was one of the most talented pitchers in baseball during the Big Red Machine era, and except for countless injuries that plagued him year after year he'd have the numbers and awards to back up that claim."
Author: Tucker Elliot
16. "When icicles hang by the wall, And Dick the shepherd blows his nail,And Tom bears logs into the hall, And milk comes frozen home in pail, When blood is nipp'd, and ways be foul,Then nightly sings the staring owl, To-whit! To-who!—a merry note, While greasy Joan doth keel the pot. When all aloud the wind doe blow,And coughing drowns the parson's saw, And birds sit brooding in the snow, And Marian's nose looks red and raw, When roasted crabs hiss in the bowl, Then nightly sings the staring owl,To-whit! To-who!—a merry note, While greasy Joan doth keel the pot."
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Tom Glavine Pictures