Famous Quotes About Topography
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Topography.
Top Quotes About Topography
1. "Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success, flat stretches of boring routine and valleys of frustration and failure."
Author: Bill Watterson
2. "A book reads the better which is our own, and has been so long known to us, that we know the topography of its blots, and dog's ears, and can trace the dirt in it to having read it at tea with buttered muffins."
Author: Charles Lamb
3. "For bighorns, topography is memory, enhanced by acute vision. They can anticipate the land's every contour--when to leap, where to climb, when to turn, which footholds will support their muscular bodies. To survive, this is what the band would have to do: make this perfect match of flesh to earth."
Author: Ellen Meloy
4. "It is almost as if ideas set in mathematical form melt and become liquid and just as rivers can, from the most humble beginnings, flow for thousands of miles, through the most varied topography bringing nourishment and life with them wherever they go, so too can ideas cast in mathematical form flow far from their original sources, along well-defined paths, electrifying and dramatically affecting much of what they touch. pp. xii - xiii."
Author: G. Arnell Williams
5. "Good buildings make and are made by their settings, and they are appropriately different in different locations. Climate, culture, topography and materials have helped create regional architectural languages that seem curiously right for their locations and for all times."
Author: Jaquelin T. Robertson
6. "Embossed letters represent the topography of typography."
Author: Jarod Kintz
7. "Among those ways and thoughts of God, then, is the principle of accommodation. God works within human limitations - both individual and corporate - to transform the world according to his good purposes. To be blunt, God works with what he's got and with what we've got. He does not create a whole new situation but instead graciously pursues shalom in the glory and the mess we have made. The living water of the Holy Spirit pours over the extant topography of the social landscape and rarely sweeps all before it. The Spirit usually conforms himself to the contours he encounters. But as he does so, like an irresistible flow of water, he shapes them by and by, eventually making the crooked ways straight and the rough places a plain (Isa. 40:3-4)."
Author: John G. Stackhouse Jr.
8. "Though advances in imaging technology have allowed neuroscientists to grasp much of the basic topography of the brain, and studies of neurons have given us a clear picture of what happens inside and between individual brain cells, science is still relatively clueless about what transpires in the circuitry of the cortex, the wrinkled outer layer of the brain that allows us to plan into the future, do long division, and write poetry, and which holds most of our memories."
Author: Joshua Foer
9. "We could not, for example, arrive at a principle like that of entropy without introducing some additional principle, such as randomness, to this topography."
Author: Michael Polanyi
10. "But even physics cannot be defined from an atomic topography."
Author: Michael Polanyi
11. "But first of all he is a woodsman, and you aren't a woodsman unless you have such a feeling for topography that you can look at the earth and see what it would look like without any woods or covering on it. It's something like the gift all men wish for when they or young-- or old-- of being able to look through a woman's clothes and see her body, possibly even a little of her character."
Author: Norman Maclean
12. "Science is the topography of ignorance."
Author: Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
13. "I compare a lot of life to looking at a map through a straw. The less ability you have to see life in a humorous way, the smaller the straw is that you're looking at the map of life. You're not looking at the whole picture. You can't see the whole topography without it, and it can help you to make better choices."
Author: Reggie Watts
14. "Many people don't give a rip about politics and know as much about public affairs as they know about the topography of Pluto."
Author: Tony Snow
Quotes About Topography Pictures