Famous Quotes About Toughest
Browse 74 famous quotes and sayings about Toughest.
Top Quotes About Toughest
1. "My mother and my grandmother are pioneers of Mexican cuisine in this country, so I grew up in the kitchen. My mom, Zarela Martinez, was by far my biggest influence and inspiration - and toughest critic."
Author: Aaron Sanchez
2. "The toughest metal melts when the maker has an issue...."
Author: Adil Adam Memon
3. "I knew going in that being a single parent would be one of the toughest jobs I'd ever have. I'd been a talk-show host, actor, comic, and on and on, but this gig was going to be my defining moment."
Author: Arsenio Hall
4. "All I mean is that a board of directors is one or two ambitious men--and a lot of ballast. I mean that groups of men are vacuums. Great big empty nothings. They say we can't visualize a total nothing. Hell, sit at any committee meeting. The point is only who chooses to fill that nothing. It's a tough battle. The toughest. It's simple enough to fight any enemy, so long as he's there to be fought. But when he isn't. . ."
Author: Ayn Rand
5. "(On Baron von Blixen:)Six feet of amiable Swede and, to my knowledge, the toughest, most durable White Hunter ever to snicker at the fanfare of safari or to shoot a charging buffalo between the eyes while debating whether his sundown drink will be gin or whisky."
Author: Beryl Markham
6. "The toughest fucking moments in life are the ones where the whole world is a big, fat unkown, where chance has more power to change your fate than you do. It's then that you're gonna want me, Sali, because me, I'm a sure thing."
Author: C.M. Stunich
7. "Great men must go through great painThe strongest stormsThe hardest rainThe toughest climbsThe roughest terrainGreat men must go through great pain"
Author: Calvin W. Allison
8. "The heart is the toughest part of the body. Tenderness is in the hands."
Author: Carolyn Forché
9. "World Class players can lay down the toughest hands and play any two cards at any time without fear. Their reads are impeccable."
Author: Chris Moneymaker
10. "The softest hearts always have the toughest shields."
Author: Claire Cross
11. "The toughest role is real life."
Author: Connie Brockway
12. "I elbow my way through the mass of people to get to my locker because there's something immensely satisfying about the toughest part of my arm connecting with the softest part of everyone else. (page 3)"
Author: Courtney Summers
13. "As an artist, one of the toughest things to do is getting someone to understand why you think the way you think. And as much as i don't wanna care what they think about my thinking, it comes down to making them understand or watching them leave."
Author: Darnell Lamont Walker
14. "Over the last several years, I've passed defunding Planned Parenthood, the sonogram bill, voter ID. I passed the TSA anti-groping bill, sanctuary cities, loser pay, border security, and the toughest Jessica's law in the entire nation against sexual predators."
Author: David Dewhurst
15. "Never, however, do I take shortcuts. There is not path of least resistance in my training. What I do equates to hard manual labor, disciplined grunt work. Once you permit yourself to compromise, you fail yourself. You might be able to fool some people, but you can never fool yourself. Your toughest critic is the one you face every morning in the mirror."
Author: Dean Karnazes
16. "Inside your soul is the ability to survive even the toughest storms, and that paradise can always be found--even in the middle of a hurricane--if you are willing to look."
Author: Denise Hildreth Jones
17. "The strongest, toughest men all have compassion. They're not heartless and cold. You have to be man enough to have compassion - to care about people and about your children" (217) - John Singleton "Oh Man, I've Become My Father"
Author: Denzel Washington
18. "Time is the fairest and toughest judge."
Author: Edgar Quinet
19. "Desperate love is always the toughest way to do it."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
20. "Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil."
Author: Emo Philips
21. "Loosing elders is a toughest but natural phenomenon and they die with a hope that we will carry on their guidance and expertise. So try not to lose your identities of which we all are proud...."
22. "Try your best to make goodness attractive. That's one of the toughest assignments you'll ever be given."
Author: Fred Rogers
23. "Honesty and unpopular opinions are the toughest sell in a country with an irony-deficiency."
Author: Greg Proops
24. "My best career decision was probably not giving up when I wanted to. God as well as my family and friends were there for me during my toughest times."
Author: Jeremy Lin
25. "Franny's Hollywood name, her acting name, is one you know. This is our family's story, and it's inappropriate for me to use Franny's stage name – but I know that you know her. Franny is the one you always desire. She is the best one, even when she's the villain; she always the real hero, even when she dies, even when she dies for love – or worse, for war. She's the most beautiful, the most unapproachable, but the most vulnerable too, somehow – and the toughest. (She's why you go to the movie, or why you stay.)"
Author: John Irving
26. "During the toughest challenges in my life I've come to most appreciate all Coach Wooden means to me. The things he would say—"Don't lie, don't cheat, don't steal, don't whine, don't complain, don't make excuses; worry about the things you can control, and not the things you can't"—were endless. Yet there is an appropriate one for every situation. The real"
Author: John Wooden
27. "Toughest job in baseball is the general manager. Second toughest is the hitting coach."
Author: Ken Harrelson
28. "The young people I teach now know they are being sold down the river before we even start studying the trends and numbers. That's the toughest part of being a high school economics teacher... being a witness when our children realize that the greatest deficit of all is a deficit of leadership."
Author: Kurt Bills
29. "After all, he'd been in the United States Army Special Forces, fuck you very much. You might take the man out of the SF, you couldn't take the SF out of the man. He'd been up against some of the world's meanest and toughest. So, goddamn straight he could work his way around one young woman."
Author: Laura Kaye
30. "When I get to go play in my hometown, it's almost one of the toughest times because I got so many people to cater to and then a lot of people that think they're supposed to be catered to."
Author: Lee Brice
31. "Where was I?""A different island," said old Tallow. Her voice was stern, but there was an ache in her look that Omakayas had never before seen. "An island called Spirit Island where everyone but you died of the itching sickness- you were the toughest one, the littlest one, and you survived them all.""You were sent here so you could save the others," she said. "Because you'd had the sickness, you were strong enough to nurse them through it. They did a good thing when they took you in, and you saved them for their good act. Now the circle that began when I found you is complete."
Author: Louise Erdrich
32. "For me, one of the toughest things about Valentine's Day is that it gets geared up as the day to profess your love. See, T-E-S-T - that's a bad word that doesn't go with L-O-V-E."
Author: Matthew McConaughey
33. "And I love that even in the toughest moments, when we're all sweating it - when we're worried that the bill won't pass, and it seems like all is lost - Barack never lets himself get distracted by the chatter and the noise. Just like his grandmother, he just keeps getting up and moving forward... with patience and wisdom, and courage and grace."
Author: Michelle Obama
34. "It occurs to me that the peculiarity of most things we think of as fragile is how tough they truly are. There were tricks we did with eggs, as children, to show how they were, in reality, tiny load-bearing marble halls; while the beat of the wings of a butterfly in the right place, we are told, can create a hurricane across an ocean. Hearts may break, but hearts are the toughest of muscles, able to pump for a lifetime, seventy times a minute, and scarcely falter along the way. Even dreams, the most delicate and intangible of things, can prove remarkable difficult to kill."
Author: Neil Gaiman
35. "Thinking is the toughest kind of work which is why so many people avoid it."
Author: Orrin Woodward
36. "It's toughest to forgive ourselves. So it's probably best to start with other people. It's almost like peeling an onion. Layer by layer, forgiving others, you really do get to the point where you can forgive yourself."
Author: Patty Duke
37. "I guess the toughest things in translations are word play, which can never be reproduced exactly."
Author: Paul Auster
38. "In video games and animation, you find that the toughest things to make different are the things that aren't words: grunts, groans, gasps."
Author: Phil LaMarr
39. "I'd like to give every young teacher some good news. Teaching is a very easy job. Administrators will tell you what to do. You'll be given books and told chapters to assign the children. Veteran teachers will show you the correct way to fill out forms and have your classes line up.And here's some more good news. If you do all of these things badly, they let you keep doing it. You can go home at three o'clock every day. You get about three months off a year. Teaching is a great gig.However, if you care about what you're doing, it's one of the toughest jobs around."
Author: Rafe Esquith
40. "Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life."
Author: Ravi Zacharias
41. "Wolfe scowled at her. I could see he was torn with conflicting emotions. A female in his kitchen was an outrage. A woman criticizing his or Fritz's cooking was an insult. But corned beef hash was one of life's toughest problems, never yet solved by anyone."
Author: Rex Stout
42. "The toughest opponents for me are the defenders who are tough in the way they play - where you can't see a way through."
43. "Obama's Justice Department has also targeted Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Sheriff Joe bills himself as America's Toughest Sheriff for good reason. Maricopa County is responsible for one out of every four deportations in the country."
Author: Russell Pearce
44. "Excuse me, but I've been to some of the toughest zones in the galaxy to get my targets. And I have never once gone after a target and failed. Ever. (Shahara)Yeah, but you've never been chased before. It's a lot harder to be the prey than it is to be the predator. (Syn)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "Getting through the nights is the toughest part. Being alone. Not having her there to talk to."
Author: Stuart Appleby
46. "The two toughest lessons to learn In life are "LET GO" & "LETs GO..!"
Author: Sujit Lalwani
47. "Daryl Dixon: [about Merle] Toughest asshole I ever met, my brother. Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails."
Author: The Walking Dead
48. "Even in the toughest of times...don't give up hope. It may look dark but you will find the sun standing behind even the darkest of clouds."
Author: Timothy Pina
49. "Ted Williams hit 17 career grand slams. He is the toughest batter to get out in major league history. It was never fun for opposing pitchers to have to face him, but that was never more true than it was when there was nowhere to put him—and his grand slam total is only one of the many franchise records that he owns."
Author: Tucker Elliot
50. "Perhaps the truest axiom in baseball is that the toughest thing to do is repeat."
Author: Walt Alston
Quotes About Toughest Pictures