Famous Quotes About Traditional
Browse 579 famous quotes and sayings about Traditional.
Top Quotes About Traditional
1. "I'm not satirical in a traditional way. What I do is more about creating caricatures and cartoons. I am commentating on the nature of how we live through photography, and how you can twist an angle to create a different perception of a person."
Author: Alison Jackson
2. "I am a showman in the traditional sense, but modern, too. I like to use sets and lighting to create magic."
Author: Andre Rieu
3. "My use of the medium - photography - is in some ways traditional."
Author: Andres Serrano
4. "In God, the characteristics of men and women that we admire in men and women are combined. That's been a traditional Catholic teaching that God is the combination of opposites."
Author: Andrew Greeley
5. "Blacks have traditionally had to operate in a situation where whites have set themselves up as the custodians of the black experience."
Author: August Wilson
6. "The greatest impediments to changes in our traditional roles seem to lie not in the visible world of conscious intent, but in the murky realm of the unconscious mind."
Author: Augustus Y. Napier
7. "Saddam is a familiar dictatorial aggressor, with traditional goals for his aggression."
Author: Brent Scowcroft
8. "New York is traditional New York, you know what I'm saying? It's the stomping ground of the hustlers and go-getters."
Author: Busta Rhymes
9. "Jane leaned back against the counter and stared at the ceiling. At the traditional location of God, no matter what the planet."
Author: C.J. Cherryh
10. "A great many of those who 'debunk' traditional...values have in the background values of their own which they believe to be immune from the debunking process"
Author: C.S. Lewis
11. "Call me traditional, but the whole manscaping trend turns me right off."
Author: Cara McKenna
12. "I think we have a good team, but soccer fans will know that we're in a really tough group. The three teams in our group are really strong. The Czech Republic is a very good team, Italy is traditionally a powerhouse, and Ghana is one of the best teams in Africa."
Author: Claudio Reyna
13. "Everyone wears clothing, yes? Society divides these clothing up into Men & Women's, Boys & Girls', Jr. & Miss. But society cannot decide who wears what. While the fabric may be cut to suit a traditionally male or female body (boy or girls body), the second the buyer purchases the item, that clothing no longer becomes 'boys' or 'girls' clothes, but rather, the buyers clothes. This is an example of the individual defining the identity term vs. the identity term defining the individual."
Author: Cristina Marrero
14. "It amazes me sometimes that even intelligent people will analyze a situation or make a judgement after only recognizing the standard or traditional structure of a piece."
Author: David Bowie
15. "The men skipped their traditional greeting. They'd dropped the ritual. This was their unspoken acknowledgment of Beckett's absence."
Author: Debra Anastasia
16. "Through the present moment, you have access to the power of life itself, that which has traditionally been called "God." As soon as you turn away from it, God ceases to be a reality in your life, and all you are left with is the mental concept of God, which some people believe in and others deny. Even belief in God is only a poor substitute for the living reality of God manifesting every moment of your life."
Author: Eckhart Tolle
17. "There is a lot of food culture that goes on in the home and in the community in non-traditional ways. Food is a lot more than restaurants."
Author: Eddie Huang
18. "The sweet traditional art of Seduction has been replaced with the current digital weird spirit of hit and run'."
Author: F. Otieno
19. "Modern society becomes more and more complex by the day. What used to be traditional isn't necessarily traditional anymore."
Author: Fadi Hattendorf
20. "[His research into biblical criticism had lead him to the conclusion that most of what was contained in traditional religion simply wasn't true]Was I to lie in order to teach the truth? ...Was I to repeat these words? It was impossible. It was certain they would stick in my throat. On these grounds the separation was decided by me."
Author: Felix Adler
21. "I've always had bizarre, negative feelings about anything traditional, like marriage and family. I never thought something like that worked."
Author: Gerard Way
22. "We stand at a crossroads. Idolatry looms. Traditional values in jeopardy. Truth under siege and virtue abandoned."
Author: Gregory Maguire
23. "He rejected traditional religious beliefs (Jewish, Christian, and Islamic) not on the basis of any reasoned argument, nor even with an expression of emotional antipathy, for he loved to use religious expressions and metaphors, but simply by saying that they are naive."
24. "We're traditional and don't do cutting-edge styles, but after 17 years we're holding our own."
Author: Jaclyn Smith
25. "The traditional statement about language is that it is in itself living, and that writing is the dead part of language."
Author: Jacques Derrida
26. "'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' is my first book, and it's the fulfillment of a life-long dream. I had always wanted to be a cartoonist, but I found that it was very tough to break into the world of newspaper syndication. So I started playing with a style that mixed cartoons and 'traditional' writing, and that's how 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' was born."
Author: Jeff Kinney
27. "The Qur'an sought to reform, not to destroy and start from scratch, tosalvage what was useful and then to modify and build on it. The task wasto get the Arabs to think about religion in a novel way, to inculcate in them a new conceptual frame of reference, to transfer them from one worldview to another, and higher, one. This process of transformation took them from traditionalism to individualism, from impulsiveness to discipline, from supernaturalism to science, from intuition to conscious reasoning and, in the end, ideally, harmonized the whole."
Author: Jeffrey Lang
28. "We're fighting an enemy that is far different than any we have got before. It's a nontraditional kind of war, and I think we need to step back, recalibrate how we go about protecting our borders and protecting our people, and resetting our position in the world."
Author: Jon Huntsman Jr.
29. "The problem for those who assert biblical authority in support of traditional definitions of marriage is that one could, with equal validity, assert that the lending of money or certain kinds of haircuts are forbidden by God, or that slavery and the subjugation of women are authorized by the Lord."
Author: Jon Meacham
30. "Looking towards the future, one of the most important issues the national community must face is the widening gap between the liberated, modern, independent women and our traditional men who are being left behind."
Author: Kamla Persad Bissessar
31. "The digital revolution has disrupted most traditional media: newspapers, magazines, books, record companies, radio."
Author: Ken Auletta
32. "As Minister of Foreign Affairs. I will work on deepening Haiti's links with its traditional partners from the North and the South, while exploring all the opportunities for economic, cultural, scientific and technological cooperation that may benefit my country."
Author: Laurent Lamothe
33. "Economics itself offers a parallel that explains why this integration affects creativity. Clay Christensen has written about the "Innovator's Dilemma": the fact that large traditional firms find it rational to ignore new, breakthrough technologies that compete with their core business. The same analysis could help explain why large, traditional media companies will undermine our tradition of free culture. The property right that is copyright is no longer the balanced right that it was, or was intended to be. The property right that is copyright has become unbalanced, tilted toward an extreme. The opportunity to create and transform becomes weakened in a world in which creation requires permission and creativity must check with a lawyer."
Author: Lawrence Lessig
34. "Nevertheless, for all Cnut's determination to portray himself as a traditional Old English king, his reign had altered English society dramatically."
Author: Marc Morris
35. "A return to traditional values. Waste not want not. I am not being wasted. Why do I want?"
Author: Margaret Atwood
36. "Ben was more improvisational, and relied less on methodology, and basically is a guitarist who switched to bass, whereas Jeff has a more traditional approach to playing bass in a band, and has a great sense of what his band sounds like, and we lock up nicely."
Author: Matt Cameron
37. "All the traditional STEM fields, the science, technology, engineering, and math fields, are stoked when you dream big in an agency such as NASA."
Author: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
38. "They've pursued their own agendas, and they've done what they've wanted to do and not pursued traditional careers in the music industry. They've followed their own instincts, and they are in many ways maverick performers."
Author: Neil Tennant
39. "Doe eye sparkling in her elfin face, and a sassy hairstyle I can only dream would make me look adorable instead of mannish. She is a traditional bea.uty that time cannot diminish"
Author: Penelope Fletcher
40. "Not only are there meaningless questions, but many of the problems with which the human intellect has tortured itself turn out to be only 'pseudo problems,' because they can be formulated only in terms of questions which are meaningless. Many of the traditional problems of philosophy, of religion, or of ethics, are of this character. Consider, for example, the problem of the freedom of the will. You maintain that you are free to take either the right- or the left-hand fork in the road. I defy you to set up a single objective criterion by which you can prove after you have made the turn that you might have made the other. The problem has no meaning in the sphere of objective activity; it only relates to my personal subjective feelings while making the decision."
Author: Percy Williams Bridgman
41. "The media has become more forceful, has begun to recognize its traditional historic role and act on it, and truth is infectious."
Author: Ron Suskind
42. "I'm interested in exploring the places where all media meet. As TV, Internet, art, games and movies all start moving towards the same point, I want to be part of inventing that space. I'd like to explore media that are traditionally seen as part of the mainstream but not necessarily utilize mainstream formulas."
Author: Ryan Trecartin
43. "Transparency in the traditional school might destroy it."
Author: Seth Godin
44. "If you look not just at the Arab Spring, but at what I call the 'Youth Spring' that has started in Europe, young people are starting to find a voice, and they are not looking to the traditional media to reflect that."
Author: Shane Smith
45. "I oppose any attempt to grant homosexual unions the same legal privileges that civil government affords to traditional marriage and family life."
Author: Todd Akin
46. "...the video-game form is incompatible with traditional concepts of narrative progression. Stories are about time passing and narrative progression. Games are about challenge, which frustrates the passing of time and impedes narrative progression. The story force wants to go forward and the "friction force" of challenge tries to hold story back. This is the conflict at the heart of the narrative game, one that game designers have thus far imperfectly addressed by making story the reward of a successfully met challenge."
Author: Tom Bissell
47. "I think women dwell quite a bit on the duress under which they work, on how hard it is just to do it at all. We are traditionally rather proud of ourselves for having slipped creative work in there between the domestic chores and obligations. I'm not sure we deserve such big A-pluses for all that."
Author: Toni Morrison
48. "But I had a very traditional background as well. My parents are neat people."
Author: Uma Thurman
49. "The moderns, carrying little baggage of the kind that Shelly called "merely cultural," not even living in the traditional air, but breathing into their space helmets a scientific mixture of synthetic gases (and polluted at that) are the true pioneers. Their circuitry seems to include no atavistic domestic sentiment, they have suffered empathectomy, their computers hum no ghostly feedback of Home, Sweet Home. How marvelously free they are! How unutterably deprived!"
Author: Wallace Stegner
50. "Here an attempt is made to explain suffering: the outcaste of traditional Hinduism is held to deserve his fetched fate; it is a punishment for the wrongs he did in a previous life."
Author: Walter Kaufmann
Quotes About Traditional Pictures