Famous Quotes About Triumph Of Evil
Browse 10 famous quotes and sayings about Triumph Of Evil.
Top Quotes About Triumph Of Evil
1. "When God wanted to defeat sin, His ultimate weapon was the sacrifice of His own Son. On Christmas Day two thousand years ago, the birth of a tiny baby in an obscure village in the Middle East was God's supreme triumph of good over evil."
Author: Charles Colson
2. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Author: Edmund Burke
3. "It is the devil's greatest triumph when he can deprive us of the joy of the Spirit. He carries fine dust with him in little boxes and scatters it through the cracks in our conscience in order to dim the soul's pure impulses and its luster. But the joy that fills the heart of the spiritual person destroys the deadly poison of the serpent. But if any are gloomy and think that they are abandoned in their sorrow, gloominess will continuously tear at them or else they will waste away in empty diversions. When gloominess takes root, evil grows. If it is not dissolved by tears, permanent damage is done."
Author: Francis Of Assisi
4. "He examined the chess problem and set out the pieces. It was a tricky ending, involving a couple of knights.'White to play and mate in two moves.'Winston looked up at the portrait of Big Brother. White always mates, he thought with a sort of cloudy mysticism. Always, without exception, it is so arranged. In no chess problem since the beginning of the world has black ever won. Did it not symbolize the eternal, unvarying triumph of Good over Evil? The huge face gazed back at him, full of calm power. White always mates."
Author: George Orwell
5. "Whatever variety evolution brings forth... Every new dimension of world-response...means another modality for God's trying out his hidden essence and discovering himself through the surprises of world-adventure...the heightening pitch and passion of life that go with the twin rise of perception and motility in animals. The ever more sharpened keenness of appetite and fear, pleasure and pain, triumph and anguish, love and even cruelty - their very edge is the deity's gain. Their countless, yet never blunted incidence - hence the necessity of death and new birth - supplies the tempered essence from which the Godhead reconstitutes itself. All this, evolution provides in the mere lavishness of its play and sternness of its spur. Its creatures, by merely fulfilling themselves in pursuit of their lives, vindicate the divine venture. Even their suffering deepens the fullness of the symphony. Thus, this side of good and evil, God cannot lose in the great evolutionary game."
Author: Hans Jonas
6. "The world had made him extravagant and vain - Extravagance and vanity had made him cold-hearted and selfish. Vanity, while seeking its own guilty triumph at the expense of another, had involved him in a real attachment, which extravagance, or at least its offspring, necessity, had required to be sacrificed. Each faulty propensity in leading him to evil, had led him likewise to punishment."
Author: Jane Austen
7. "Discard that old notion, that "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". Good people can't do nothing."
Author: Jenna Brooks
8. "I do love it when I am right," Hyacinth said triumphantly."Which is fortunate, since I so often am."Penelope just looked at her. "You do know that you areinsufferable.""Of course." Hyacinth leaned toward Penelope with adevilish smile. "But you love me, anyway, admit it.""I admit nothing until the end of the evening.""After we have both gone deaf?""After we see if you behave yourself."Hyacinth laughed. "You married into the family. Youhave to love me. It's a contractual obligation.""Funny how I don't recall that in the wedding vows.""Funny," Hyacinth returned, "I remember it perfectly"
Author: Julia Quinn
9. "Any film is about heroism: the triumph of good over evil. If you look back at my films, you will see that as a recurring theme."
Author: Salman Khan
10. "You see, evil alwys contains the seeds of its own destruction' said the angel said, 'It is ultimately negative, and therefore encompasses its downfall even at its moment of apparent triumph. No matter how grandiose, how well-planned, how apparently foolproof an evil plan, the inherent sinfulness will by definition rebound upon its instigators. No matter how apparently successful it may seem upon the way, at the end it will wreck itself. It will founder upon the rocks of inquity and sink head first to vanish without trace into the seas of oblivion."
Author: Terry Pratchett
Quotes About Triumph Of Evil Pictures