Famous Quotes About Tuba
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Tuba.
Top Quotes About Tuba
1. "Svijet je školski ravnatelj koji se bavi tvojim manama. Ne mislim u nekom u nekom misticnom ili Isusovom smislu. Nego prije na foru da se uporno spoticeš preko neke skrivene stube, bez kraja i konca, dok ti konacno ne sine: pazi, stuba! Sve su stvari u kojima kiksamo skrivene stube, bilo da smo odvec sebicni ili odvec sluga pokoran ili što vec. Ili nikad neceš primijetiti u cemu griješiš pa ceš dovijeka trpjeti posljedice ili ceš jednog dana primijetiti i popraviti stvar. A što je najveci vic, kad napokon skužiš gdje je ta skrivena stuba i pomisliš: Ej, pa ipak život nije baš takva koma, slijedi TRES! Strmoglaviš se niz novo skriveno stubište.Nikad kraja"
Author: David Mitchell
2. "In the smoky firelight the two old men nodded off like a pair of ancient kings passing the aeons in their tumuli. Made a musical notation of their snores. Elgar is to be played by a bass tuba, Ayrs a bassoon."
Author: David Mitchell
3. "Followed like a goat on a halter, hungry dog closing on his just-filled dinner bowl, water-bottle and towel carrier behind the tuba section of a marching band."
Author: Dennis Vickers
4. "I don't want to hate the presidenti don't want to go to harvardi don't want to win the pulitzer prizei just want to sit in my bathtuband think about relationships i will never havewith people i will never meetand then go lay in my bedwith a magnifying glassand count all the stiches in my sheetsuntil i fall asleepand wake upto repeat again."
Author: Ellen Kennedy
5. "The struggle for power had reached a new stage; it was fought with scientific formulas. The weapons vanished in the abyss like fleeting images, like pictures one throws into the fire....When new models were displayed to the masses at the great parades on Red Square in Moscow or elsewhere, the crowds stood in reverent silence and then broke into jubilant shouts of triumph....Though the display was continual, in this silence and these shouts something evil, old as time, manifested itself in man, who is an outsmarter and setter of traps. Invisible, Cain and Tubalcain marched past in the parade of phantoms."
Author: Ernst Jünger
6. "Ella's supersonic voice followed her all the way to Bleecker Street and then dissolved amid the noisy profusion of shops, cafes, and restaurants and the crush of people that made the West Village of Manhattan unique in the world. In a single block you could buy fertility statues from Tanzania, rare Amazonian orchids, a pawned brass tuba, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, or the best, most expensive cup of coffee you ever tasted. It was the doughnuts, incidentally, that attracted Gaia."
Author: Francine Pascal
7. "You start way down on a low B flat on the tuba and you have a chromatic scale; you can match the colours all the way up, till you get to the top of the trumpet."
Author: Gerry Mulligan
8. "Mais ce qui ne passera pas, c'est cette impression de découverte de soi que la lecture de Rousseau procure et qui est différente de celle de saint Augustin; car le péché n'est au fond ni l'homo peccator, ni l'homo poenitens, ni l'homo innocens, comme j'ai semblé le dire. Ce n'est pas le fauve ou le renard, le lion, ni même l'âne de la fable qu'il retrouve en nous. C'est le presque-saint, l'ange titubant, le menteur affamé de sincérité, le médiocre hanté par l'idée du parfait. En somme, ce n'est ni le saint, le héros, ni le pécheur ou le pervers : c'est le troisième homme, pécheur inconscient, fils prodigue et qui se pardonne généreusement. C'est le pauvre diable. C'est le pauvre homme. C'est l'homme.Est-ce là le suprême détour de l'orgueil! Est-ce l'humilité vraie sans la vanité de se savoir humble!"
Author: Jean Guitton
9. "She had this dark cancer water dripping out of her chest. Eyes closed. Intubated. But her hand was still her hand, still warm and the nails painted this almost black dark blue and I just held her hand and tried to imagine the world without us and for about one second I was a good enough person to hope she died so she would never know that I was going, too. But then I wanted more time so we could fall in love. I got my wish, I suppose. I left my scar."
Author: John Green
10. "They'd been played. By a tuba!"
Author: Jude Watson
11. "Aquilo pertubava Bridei porque lhe parecia que só havia um mundo e que, se tinha defeitos, as pessoas não se deviam queixar deles, mas dar passos para o mudar"
Author: Juliet Marillier
12. "The Violins waltzed. The Cellos and Basses provided accompaniment. The Violas mourned their fate, while the Concertmaster showed off. The Flutes did bird imitations…repeatedly, and the reed instruments had the good taste to admire my jacket. The Trumpets held a parade in honor of our great nation, while the French Horns waxed nostalgic about something or other. The Trombones had too much to drink. The Percussion beat the band, and the Tuba stayed home playing cards with his landlady, the Harp, taking sips of warm milk a blue little cup."But the Composer is still dead."
Author: Lemony Snicket
13. "I don't play the tuba."
Author: Lenny Kravitz
14. "What I should like to find is a crime the effects of which would be perpetual, even when I myself do not act, so that there would not be a single moment of my life even when I were asleep, when I was not the cause of some chaos, a chaos of such proportions that it would provoke a general corruption or a distubance so formal that even after my death its effects would still be felt."
Author: Marquis De Sade
15. "That's a big trunk," James said, as we jammed in the leathery old case that looked so much like the black heart of some leviathan. "It fits a tuba, three suitcases, a dead dog, and a garment bag almost perfectly.""That's just what they used to say in the ads," I said..."
Author: Michael Chabon
16. "I was still carrying the tuba, for no reason other than that, in my current circumstances, it passed for good company. That's another way of saying it was all I had."
Author: Michael Chabon
17. "I played the tuba in high school. I wanted to be a member of the marching band. I thought, what can I play that has the most effect? What can I play to get people to laugh?"
Author: Patti LuPone
18. "I like a lot of bass players. I like a lot of tuba players too."
Author: Rick Danko
19. "Stubama i dolje. Ni zvuka odozdo. Znaci kasno je. Dobro. Još jedan dan, a još smo živi. Možda cak i malo mudriji. Dovoljno mudri da bismo shvatili da mnoge stvari još ne znamo. Doduše, imamo nadu."
Author: Roger Zelazny
20. "Sprinkled across the black waters below were at least a hundred small boats set out to greet the Leviathan, their navigation lights like shifting stars. Among them loomed a glittering cruise liner, her fog horn bellowing in the night. The low groan grew into a chorus as the other great ships in the harbor joined in.Perched on Volger's desk, Bovril attempted to imitate the horns, but wound up sounding like a badly blown tuba.Alek smiled. "But they're already singing our praises!""They are Americans," Volger said. "They toot their horns for anything."
Author: Scott Westerfeld
21. "All right gentlemen, we have a job to do. At approximately 01:30 tonight, three children made an escape. Our job is to find them and bring them back. Every minute the factory is down, I lose two thousand, seven hundred and thirty-eight dollars and forty-seven cents. Therefore, we must find them and find them fast. They were last seen heading south by southwest in three makeshift kites. We'll head in that direction, fanning out and using our heat sensors to track them. Any questions?" Tubaface raised his hand. "Yes?""Where do babies come from?""That question is wholly innapropriate to our present situation. Someone slap him."
Author: Seán Cullen
22. "And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. That's oppression, that is. If I'm not under the heel of the oppressor, I don't know who is."
Author: Terry Pratchett
Quotes About Tuba Pictures