Famous Quotes About Twin
Browse 918 famous quotes and sayings about Twin.
Top Quotes About Twin
1. "I'm trained as an architect; writing is like architecture. In buildings, there are design motifs that occur again and again, that repeat -- patterns, curves. These motifs help us feel comfortable in a physical space. And the same works in writing, I've found. For me, the way words, punctuation and paragraphs fall on the page is important as well -- the graphic design of the language. That was why the words and thoughts of Estha and Rahel, the twins, were so playful on the page ... I was being creative with their design. Words were broken apart, and then sometimes fused together. "Later" became "Lay. Ter." "An owl" became "A Nowl." "Sour metal smell" became "sourmetal smell."Repetition I love, and used because it made me feel safe. Repeated words and phrases have a rocking feeling, like a lullaby. They help take away the shock of the plot -- death, lives destroyed or the horror of the settings -- a crazy, chaotic, emotional house, the sinister movie theater."
Author: Arundhati Roy
2. "My dreams are going through their death flurries. I thought they were all safely buried, but sometimes they stir in their grave, making my heartstrings twinge. I mean no particular dream, you understand, but the whole radiant flock of them together—with their rainbow wings, iridescent, bright, soaring, glorious, sublime. They are dying before the steel javelins and arrows of a world of Time and Money."
Author: Barbara Newhall Follett
3. "Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated. Sometimes the path of these stars will cross, bringing love or hatred. However, if you look up at the skies on a clear night, out of all the countless lights that twinkle and shine, there will come one. That star will be seen in a blaze, burning a path of light across the roof of the earth, a great comet."
Author: Brian Jacques
4. "He yelled over it. "I'm going to try to get us out of here.""No-the firs. Like at the farm." Another cough. "In those houses. You can do something to stop it, can't you?""Not if you want to keep breathing."She coughed again, and he pushed her closer to the floor."What? I don't-""Wrong twin." His voice was grim. "I'm not Gabriel. I'm Nick."
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
5. "Will rose slowly to his feet. He could not believe he was doing what he was doing, but it was clear that he was, clear as the silver rim around the black of Jem's eyes. "If there is a life after this one," he said, "let me meet you in it, James Carstairs.""There will be other lives." Jem held his hand out, and for a moment, they clasped hands, as they had done during their parabatai ritual, reaching across twin rings of fire to interlace their fingers with each other. "The world is a wheel," he said. "When we rise or fall, we do it together."Will tightened his grip on Jem's hand, which felt thin as twigs in his. "Well, then," he said, through a tight throat, "since you say there will be another life for me, let us both pray I do not make as colossal a mess of it as I have this one."
Author: Cassandra Clare
6. "You think you are the greatest sufferer in the world? Do you know that men are sometimes banished for life? Do you know that men sometimes lose all their yams and even their children? I had six wives once. I have none now except that young girl who knows not her right from her left. Do you know how many children I have buried—children I begot in my youth and strength? Twenty-two. I did not hang myself, and I am still alive. If you think you are the greatest sufferer in the world ask my daughter, Akueni, how many twins she has borne and thrown away. Have you not heard the song they sing when a woman dies? 'For whom is it well, for whom is it well? There is no one for whom it is well.' I have no more to say to you."
Author: Chinua Achebe
7. "You started that one."Her mouth dropped open. "I didn't say anything!""Sweetheart, your eyes said it all." He lowered his hand from his cuffs and jerked his chin out toward the darkness lit with twinkling bug butts. "Now, behave, will you? I'm trying to watch bugs catch a mate. See if I can't get some tips.""Hell, make your ass glow, and I might take back everything I've said about you."
Author: Cindi Madsen
8. "Prison always has been a good place for writers, killing, as it does, the twin demons of mobility and diversion"
Author: Dan Simmons
9. "Why have you let your mind get so entwined,"my master said, "that you have slowed your walk?Why should you care about what's whispered here?Come, follow me, and let these people talk:stand like a sturdy tower that does not shakeits summit though the winds may blast; alwaysthe man in whom thought thrusts ahead of thoughtallows the goal he's set to move far off-the force of one thought saps the other's force."
Author: Dante Alighieri
10. "Belief and trust, twined together, can meet any danger. -Gwyneth pg 88"
Author: Dean Koontz
11. "Who has not seen a frail, clinging-vine type of woman, who upon the death of her husband strainghtens up and becomes an oak, around which the growing children twine their lives, and are forever greatful for such a mother? But this strength would never have come out and developed had it not been for the tears that watered the vine and made it into an oak."
Author: E. Stanley Jones
12. "Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time."
Author: Habeeb Akande
13. "Two eyes meettwo palms touchcaress each otherare taken and made hissunk into one anotherpleasurable loveGood lovelike twinsas twins of love and pleasurepleasurepleasureand then what?"
Author: Ivonne Yáñez Saba
14. "As that fucking chandelier twinkled overhead, Blay said roughly, "I'm still in love with him."Saxton dropped his eyes and brushed a the top of his thigh, as if there might have been a tiny piece of lint there. "I know. You thought you weren't?"As if that were rather stupid of him."I'm so fucking tired of it. I really am.""That I believe.""Im so fucking..." God, those sounds, that muted pounding , that audible confirmation of what he had been ignoring for the past year--On a sudden wave of violence, he pitched the brandy snifter at the marble fireplace, shattering the thing."Fuck, Fuck!" If he'd been able to, he'd have jumped up and torn that goddamn cocksucking light fixture off the goddamn cocksucking ceiling."
Author: J.R. Ward
15. "His eyes were a warm brown, gentle but intense. "You know...I never gave you a good-bye kiss."It was hard to breathe. "Oh. That's right.""I was supposed to do that so you wouldn't be lying." ...He leaned toward me gradually, as though giving me time to change my mind. I shut my eyes and let his lips come down on mine. Hudson wasn't in a hurry to say good-bye. The kiss was slow, caressing. All the bumps of the road and the sway of the carriage seemed to fade away, replaced by the beating of my heart. I didn't remember putting my free hand around his neck, but it was there somehow, twining through his hair. His arm moved from the back of the seat to my shoulders. I liked the feel of his arm around me. I felt enveloped, cared for. When he lifted his head from mine, my mind was spinning. I blinked at him. "Well, you certainly have a way with good-byes."
Author: Janette Rallison
16. "People are like puzzles. Especially interconnected people, like Siamese twins."
Author: Jarod Kintz
17. "My family has loved Minnesota and that was one of the big reasons we decided to come back. For me, family decisions were a big part to coming back to the Twins."
Author: Jim Thome
18. "It was no coincidence, that fear could move a person to extremes, just as seamlessly as love. They were the conjoined twins of emotion: If you didn't know what was at stake to lose, you had nothing to fight for."
Author: Jodi Picoult
19. "No," he said calmly, filled with purpose. he took her arms lightly in his hands and shook her. "I am not giving you up."Emily looked at him, and for just a moment he could read her thoughts. Melanie use to say they were like twins, with their own secret, silent language. in that instant, Chris felt her fear and her resignation, and the knotty pain of coming up against a brick wall again and again. She glanced away, and he could breathe again. "The thing is, Chris" Emily said, "it's not your choice."
Author: Jodi Picoult
20. "Seek for no meaning in it; it has none. What meaning is there in pain and pleasure? They are twins; that is all we know. Seek no meaning in anything you see here. Images, ideas, flashes of purpose will peer out in all our ways and deeds, but there is no intention here below. Is there any intention anywhere?"
Author: John Davidson
21. "Kurt Vonnegut to Shakespeare:I asked him if he had love affairs with men as well as women, knowing how eager my WNYC audience was to have this matter settled. His answer, however, celebrated affection between animals of any sort:"We were as twinn'd lambs that did frisk in the sun, and bleat the one at the other: what we chang'd was innocence for innocence." By changed he meant exchanged: "What we exchanged was innocence for innocence." That has to be the softest core pornography I ever heard."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
22. "Pierre looked into the sky, into the depths of the retreating, twinkling stars. "And all this is mine, and all this is in me, and all this is me!" thought Pierre. "And all this they've caught and put in a shed and boarded it up!"
Author: Leo Tolstoy
23. "This time Simone did not smile at all."I cannot tell that to you, child. This is asecret I am not allowed to talk about. I only hope that you willknow how to follow the true and right path. And now, farewell!" Sheturned around and walked away between the bookshelves, disappearingfrom their sight.Nirupa looked at the book she held in herhand. On its thick front cover she read:"Atlantis."Deep shudders shook her body. She turned herhead and looked at Miss Bell, who also looked numb with fear."Now that we have started the adventure, memust carry it through to the end," Ni whispered to Miss Bell,opening the book. She did not have time to see what was writteninside because, once the first page was open, a whirl of warm airsucked Ni and Miss. Bell inside, In the twinkle of an eye theyfound themselves standing up on the main street of a magnificentbazaar."
Author: Leora Cika Waldman
24. "... the twin concepts of nihilism and the antihero have had it. What began with The Wild One and James "nobody understands me" Dean, ran with increasing vehement negativism up through the Stones and Velvets and Iggy ... [I]t may be time, in spite of all indications to the contrary from the exterior society, to begin thinking in terms of heroes again, of love instead of hate, of energy instead of violence, of strength instead of cruelty, of action instead of reaction."
Author: Lester Bangs
25. "The only reaction Alexis could express to his response was: Mine. She pulled his neck lower, eager to feel his lips on hers, his warm mouth entwined with hers. He stroked her hunger with each brush of their lips, his body now laying on hers, kissing her until she wasn't sure which way was up or down. Only, it didn't stop with a kiss. Alexis knew it would never again stop with just a kiss."
Author: Lindsay Chamberlin
26. "Long lunches with cement dinosaurs, Viking rune stones, Joshua trees, and the world's largest ball of twine weren't anywhere on my agenda. It's a vacation, Annalee would say. It's about discovering what there is to see. No sense rushing from here to there.But the world's largest ball of twine? I'd counter.Annalee would only laugh and flap a hand at me, her bracelets jingling. I want to see it all...I would have missed so many things, so many of the best things, had it not been for Annalee. I would have worried and calculated and scheduled my way past the grandeur of ordinary life."
Author: Lisa Wingate
27. "I have traveled down this path before - 'List of Seven' and 'Twin Peaks' both have thematic similarities - but 'Paladin' took me much deeper into the intuitive underground. Always bearing in mind Joseph Campbell's Rule No. 1: When entering a labyrinth, don't forget your ball of twine."
Author: Mark Frost
28. "He pulls just an inch away, releasing with a sweet suction my bottom lip. "Your mouth is hot and tastes like honey." I show him the tea that I've been holding out of the way. "I see," he twinkles at me and takes the travel mug, helping himself to a long sip. He leans back in, and I guess what he's doing just in time. His feeding me the hot sip of honeyed tea should be weird, but as usual, he's so committed to the moment that I just enjoy the sweetness, the intimacy."
Author: Mary Ann Rivers
29. "Ballet in the air...Twin butterflies until, twice whiteThey Meet, they mate"
Author: Matsuo Bashō
30. "I suppose being his twin made me understand Robin that much more easily."
Author: Maurice Gibb
31. "Cassie fumbled helplessly beneath the shade of the ancient oak, still searching for her second shoe.The first had been easy to find, having landed close to where she had kicked it off; and when her hand had finally encountered it, she clutched it to her breast in a gesture of smug triumph. For one brief moment, she felt a twinge of sympathy for the sighted people who would never experience such sweet victory from a task as simple as finding a shoe."
Author: Melinda Cross
32. "I am a strong believer in the intertwined nature of the personal and the political; I think they move together."
Author: Mohsin Hamid
33. "Its as if you think you'd never findReason and the Sacred intertwined"
34. "Twin, sagging is seriously lame. It's so cliched gang-wannabe circa 1990s. Hotties should just say no to it."
Author: P.C. Cast
35. "The birth of science as we know it arguably began with Isaac Newton's formulation of the laws of gravitation and motion. It is no exaggeration to say that physics was reborn in the early 20th-century with the twin revolutions of quantum mechanics and the theory of relativity."
Author: Paul Davies
36. "It is true that I was born in Iowa, but I can't speak for my twin sister."
Author: Pauline Phillips
37. "God, Quinn, you have no idea how permanent I'd like this to be. I'd like us to be Twinkies and cockroaches, death and taxes. But I…"
Author: Penny Reid
38. "Sex and magic are intertwined experiences—sex is one kind of magic (and can be made more magical without being concerned with sex-magic at any point), and magic can be, while erotic and arousing, not necessarily sexual in the way that is often understood. There is a commonly-held belief that those who practice sex-magic are indulging themselves in wild orgiastic rites at every opportunity. This is rarely the case. After all, if you need to go through lots of occult rigmarole just to get laid, then you're a bit sad, aren't you? Then again, the occult subculture is full of SAD people, desperate to finally get laid and attempting to turn to sex-magic as a last resort."
Author: Phil Hine
39. "Prove that you love me through a lingering gaze and never losing that twinkle of adoration in your eyes."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
40. "Suddenly his expression turned to alarm. He sprinted toward us. For a moment I had an absurd vision of myself on the cover of one of Gran's old romance novels, where the damsel wilts into thearms of one half-dressed beefy guy while another stands by,casting her longing looks. Oh, the horrible choices a girl must make! I wished I'd had a moment to clean up. I was still covered in dried river muck, twine, and grass, like I'd been tarred and feathered. Then Anubis pushed past me and gripped Walt's shoulders.Well…that was unexpected."
Author: Rick Riordan
41. "The dark has teeth and it will bite,It feasts begins on Sorry Night.When cold and fear are intertwined,They'll chew up your heart and feed on your mind.Where have the souls gone? What do they see?The gateway to Hell's eternity."
Author: Simon Holt
42. "Yeah, reflections! The same, but different. Like twins - like blood brothers! And when you need something bad done, like punishment or revenge, you'll just ask me, and I will do it -"
Author: Sonya Hartnett
43. "The idea that creative endeavor and mind-altering substances are entwined is one of the great pop-intellectual myths of our time."
Author: Stephen King
44. "The basic idea is that all things in the universe are intertwined."
Author: Stephen Richards
45. "When I have a kid, I want to buy one of those strollers for twins. Then put the kid in and run around, looking frantic. When he gets older, I'd tell him he used to have a brother, but he didn't obey."
Author: Steven Wright
46. "To watch the dawn emerge from the night undoubtedly gives a heavenly feeling! The fresh sun rays entwine with the dark horizon and peep out of the creek with tranquil grin."
Author: Supriya Kaur Dhaliwal
47. "Kevlar wrist cuffs in place, smoke bombs in left cargo pocket, zip ties in the right, and my handy-dandy, military-grade, metal detector-defying, twin APS daggers snug in their sheaths and hidden inside my steel-toe Doc Martens. Nothing like a well-stocked pair of black cargoes to make me feel girly."
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
48. "If ever sorrow and suffering set their profaning marks on the youth and beauty of Miss Fairlie's face, then, and then only, Anne Catherick and she would be the twin-sisters of chance resemblance, the living reflections of one another."
Author: Wilkie Collins
49. "Wisdom and goodness are twin-born, one heart must hold both sisters, never seen apart."
Author: William Dean Howells
50. "I realized late in life that my twin passions are music and people."
Author: Yo Yo Ma
Quotes About Twin Pictures