Famous Quotes About Two Weeks
Browse 246 famous quotes and sayings about Two Weeks.
Top Quotes About Two Weeks
1. "My forehead hit the table again with a thud. Ow. The words left me in a rush."I'm-fucking-the-married-closeted-father-of-my-only-close-friend-in-the-entire-world-and-his-wife-is-going-to-be-here-in-two-weeks."I heard the hiss as Robin sucked his breath in between his teeth. "Ouch.""Yeah." I sighed, my forehead rubbing against the table as I nodded miserably. At least he didn't try to deny the idiotic part."You know there's absolutely no way that can end well.""Duh."
Author: Amelia C. Gormley
2. "Finally, a twenty-two old girl was dazzled by the world's brightness and kept her eyes shut for two weeks. When at the end of that time she opened her eyes again, she did not recognize any objects, but, "the more she now directed her gaze upon everything about her, the more it could be seen as an expression of gratification and astonishment overspread her features; she repeatedly exclaimed, 'Oh God! How beautiful!"
Author: Ann Dillard
3. "I did a complete rewrite of 650 pages in two weeks."
Author: Anne Perry
4. "He'd been back for about two weeks, and everything in Laurel's life had been thrown into Chaos. Sexy, sexy chaos."
Author: Aprilynne Pike
5. "Is there anything worse than being called the 'It Girl?' By definition, there will be a new one in two weeks."
Author: Brit Marling
6. "Love lasts a long time but burning desire lasts two to three weeks."
Author: Carla Bruni
7. "The only use for military service is that it reveals the number of morons in the population," he would remark. "And that can be discovered in the first two weeks; there's no need for two years. Army, Marriage, the Church and Banking: the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Yes, go on, laugh."
Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
8. "I've always gone out with much younger guys. But I rushed into relationships before really getting to know the person. What would come up as a warning sign within the first two weeks of dating would usually be the exact reason the relationship would end!"
Author: Carrie Ann Inaba
9. "Being out in that heat for two weeks definitely drains your energy."
Author: Cobi Jones
10. "She carried a scabbedover wound on her hip where her mate had bitten her two weeks before somewhere in the mountains of Sonora. He'd bitten her because she would not leave him. Standing with one forefoot in the jaws of a steeltrap and snarling at her to drive her off where she lay just beyond the reach of the chain. She'd flattened her ears and whined and she would not leave. In the morning they came on horses. She watched from a slope a hundred yards away as he stood up to meet them."
Author: Cormac McCarthy
11. "I want to win as much as anybody. But what am I supposed to do? Go cry in my apartment for the next two weeks?"
Author: Cory Lidle
12. "But also, the guest workers program, it's quite often misused, meaning people could come in as part of a guest workers program and after two weeks in the fields, they'd run off to do every other kind of job that isn't covered by a guest workers program."
Author: Dana Rohrabacher
13. "He pressed bravely ahead with his story, the outlines and preliminary versions of which by now filled two thick notebooks, reorganizing, redrafting, and obsessively re-polishing lines and paragraphs with a jeweler's precision.But it was not good enough.He wanted the pages to sing with ideas that had once seemed so important to him, all and everything he knew, and yet they did not, and no amount of diligence was able to bring them to life. The story came to be a burden and weighed more heavily in his hands each time he lifted it out of the drawer. After a few weeks he was reluctant to open the desk at all.("Talking In The Dark")"
Author: Dennis Etchison
14. "So you went back to your friend's next donkament two weeks later, and this time you just laughed right along when they gave you that framed picture of the poker hands. And when they called you ‘pigeon,' ‘fish,' and ‘muppet,' you just smiled and batted your eyes and said stupid things like ‘Does a straight beat a crooked?' And while everyone else was throwing a party, you just sat there acting like a tourist with your kill stack until you were in the money. Those poor dills…they didn't know what hit ‘em, did they?"
Author: Elle Lothlorien
15. "I was quite depressed two weeks ago when I spent an afternoon at Brentano's Bookshop in New York and was looking at the kind of books most people read. Once you see that you lose all hope."
Author: Friedrich Hayek
16. "Kate heard from Nick two weeks after the events in Hawesville. He invited her to a mansion on Broad Beach in Malibu. The place belonged to an actor who was shooting an eight-hour gothic miniseries in Bulgaria. Nick was an actor friend from England who was housesitting. At least that's what he told the neighbors.Kate wore her favorite date-night outfit of jeans, Glock, and navy FBI windbreaker. Nick had Tolberones and caviar set out."If I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to seduce me," Kate said, eyeing the Toblerones."You could be right," Nick said."
Author: Janet Evanovich
17. "It's great that people are basically spending their two weeks of vacation to come out and be with us in some weird part of the world. And I think we owe it to them to take 'em to some cool places."
Author: Jeff Ament
18. "Then I yelled through his door, "It's an anniversary gift for you, asshole. Two whole weeks early. FIFTEEN YEARS IS BIG METAL CHICKENS."
Author: Jenny Lawson
19. "I was playing garbage minutes the first two to three weeks. There was definitely a little bit of 'what's going on?' in my prayers."
Author: Jeremy Lin
20. "Two weeks, maybe three. You never know with psychosomatic injuries You have to take your time with them."
Author: Jim Palmer
21. "And then when I found my sound, it took me two and a half weeks to find my sound and when I did I pulled out all the stops, all the stops I could find."
Author: Jimmy Smith
22. "I have had the auditioning process go on for two weeks or three weeks. I am always incredibly anxious. The audition and the wait is definitely the hardest part for me."
Author: Joe Lando
23. "I did archery when I was in high school. In our gym class we had two weeks of archery, and I remember taking the bow and arrow and firing it up and across the street into a car parking lot."
Author: John Barrowman
24. "All the working-class people could feel a Malcolm X. They could hear Malcolm X, and two weeks later they could whisper back what he said. Verbatim. They could remember the way he put it, and he put it so well."
Author: John Henrik Clarke
25. "Cyrus wanted a woman to take care of Adam. He needed someone to keep house and cook, and a servant cost money. He was a vigorous man and needed the body of a woman, and that too cost money- unless you were married to it. Within two weeks Cyrus had wooed, wedded, bedded, and impregnated her. His neighbors did not find his action hasty. It was quite normal in that day for a man to use up three or four wives in a normal lifetime. p.19"
Author: John Steinbeck
26. "It's nice coming to Nashville, and we have four-bedroom house and a dog, and we go swimming a lot. We get down here and spread out a lot, and I miss my sweet tea and my cornbread and my good southern cooking - but I'm down here eating pretty for two weeks and I'm ready to go back to New York City."
Author: Justin Townes Earle
27. "The past is now barely present in my thoughts. I believe the main reason for that is our children, since life with them in the here and now occupies all the space. They even squeeze out the most recent past: Ask me what I did three days ago and I can't remember. Ask me what Vanja was like two years ago, Heidi two months ago, John two weeks ago, and I can't remember. A lot happens in our little everyday life, but it always happens within the same routine, and more than anything else it has changed my perspective of time. For, while previously I saw time as a stretch of terrain that had to be covered, with the future as a distant prospect, hopefully a bright one, and never boring at any rate, now it is interwoven with our life here and in a totally different way."
Author: Karl Ove Knausgård
28. "Lillian," he whispered, "I've tried to leave you alone. But I can't do it any more. In the past two weeks I've had to stop myself a thousand times from coming to you. No matter how often I tell myself that you are the most inappropriate…" He paused as she squirmed suddenly, twisting and craning her neck to look down at the floor. "No matter what I--Lillian, are you listening to me? What the devil are you looking for?""My pear. I dropped it."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
29. "Miles had sworn his officer's oath to the Emperor less than two weeks ago, puffed with pride at his achievement. In his secret mind he had imagined himself keeping that oath through blazing battle, enemy torture, what-have-you, even while sharing cynical cracks afterwards with Ivan about archaic dress swords and the sort of people who insisted on wearing them. But in the dark of subtler temptations, those that hurt without heroism for consolation, he foresaw, the Emperor would no longer be the symbol of Barrayar in his heart. Peace to you, small lady, he thought to Raina. You've won a twisted poor modern knight, to wear your favor on his sleeve. But it's a twisted poor world we were both born into, that rejects us without mercy and ejects us without consultation. At least I won't just tilt at windmills for you. I'll send in sappers to mine the twirling suckers, and blast them into the sky.... He knew who he served now. And why he could not quit. And why he must not fail."
Author: Lois McMaster Bujold
30. "Never judge a person until you've walked a mile in their busted up shoes and haven't had any money for medication for two weeks."
Author: Lori Lesko
31. "Whenever they get a chance, never fear, people make you waste hours and months ... they use you as a wall to bounce their bullshit off of ... blah! and blah! and blahblahblah! ... you put up with it for an hour, you'll need two weeks to recover ... blah! blah!"
Author: Louis Ferdinand Céline
32. "Two weeks ago at the U.S. Amateur, my mom caddied, and that is kind of a different feeling, because she's your mom and you have to listen to her. It was really comfortable having my mom there, but it's also really relieving and comfortable to have someone that knows the course off their hat, really."
Author: Lydia Ko
33. "This is why you must love life: one day you're offering up your social security number to the Russian Mafia; two weeks later you're using the word calve as a verb."
Author: Maria Semple
34. "Sitting beside the pool is fine for two weeks, but after that I think it'd be quite hard to live with - so I need to keep racing."
Author: Mark Webber
35. "Putting babies as young as two weeks into child care for the first year of their life, for 60 hours a week, will cause their brains damage."
Author: Mem Fox
36. "Even though it had only been two weeks since I'd seen him last, it felt like months, and sometimes I found myself wondering if our brief time together had been real at all. Yeah, it had been real. I had a heart that was cracked in two as a souvenir of just how real it all was."
Author: Monica Alexander
37. "I was allowed to meet my family every two weeks for a half hour."
Author: Mordechai Vanunu
38. "I have learned to quit speeding through life, always trying to do too many things too quickly, without taking the time to enjoy each day's doings. I think I always thought of real living as being high. I don't mean on drugs – I mean real living was falling in love, or when I got my first job, or when I was able to help somebody, . . . In between the highs I was impatient – you know how it is – life seemed so Daily. Now I love the dailiness. I enjoy washing dishes, I enjoy cooking, I see my father's roses out the kitchen window. I like picking beans. I notice everything – birdsongs, the clouds, the sound of wind, the glory of sunshine after two weeks of rain."
Author: Olive Ann Burns
39. "Bertie, old man," said young Bingo earnestly, "for the last two weeks I've been comforting the sick to such an extent that, if I had a brother and you brought him to me on a sick-bed at this moment, by Jove, old man, I'd heave a brick at him."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
40. "I would like at this moment to announce that I will be retiring from this program in two weeks' time because of poor ratings. Since this show is the only thing I had going for me in my life, I've decided to kill myself. I'm going to blow my brains out right on this program a week from today. So tune in next Tuesday. That should give the public relations people a week to promote the show. You ought to get a hell of a rating out of that. 50 share, easy."
Author: Paddy Chayefsky
41. "I try to always have flowers in the house. I have a florist in Chinatown, and they deliver orchids every two weeks. I like living with living things."
Author: Phillip Lim
42. "I was picked up on a London street by a model agent. She took me to her office and then sent me to Paris to work in shows. It was supposed to be two weeks, but I ended up living there with my Zimbabwean boyfriend. I made enough money modeling and acting in French movies to buy a nice flat."
Author: Saffron Burrows
43. "I have never felt so lost as I have these past two weeks. I can't believe I never even recognized the depth of feeling I had for you...until I lost it. I'm so sorry I did that to you, Emily. I promise I will hold your heart with the greatest of care if you'll trust it to me."I finally get it. I get how love can run so deep that it touches the very fiber of your being."
Author: Sawyer Bennett
44. "She fluttered her fan. "And do you know what they say of women of a certain age, what they want above all?"Desire simmered in him at her not quite smile. "Do tell.""To be rid of you, Hastings. So that they don't have to waste what remains of their precious few years suffering your lecherous looks.""If I stopped looking at you lecherously, you'd miss it.""Why don't we test that hypothesis? You stop and I'll tell you after ten years or so whether I miss it." ....He rose and bowed slightly. "You wouldn't last two weeks, Miss Fitzhugh."
Author: Sherry Thomas
45. "I remember the very day, sometime during the first two weeks of my five-year amorous sojourn in Brutland, when I was made privy to one of the most arcane of their utterings. The time was ripe for that major epiphany, my initiation into the sacred knowledge—or should I say gnosis?—of that all-important, quintessentially Brutish slang term, the word that endless hours of scholastic education by renowned mentors, plus years of scrupulous scrutiny into scrofulous texts, had disappointingly failed to impart to me, leaving me with that deep sense of emptiness begotten by hemimathy; the time was finally ripe for me to be transported by the velvety feel of the unvoiced palato-alveolar fricative, the élan of the unpronounceable and masochistically hedonistic front open-rounded vowel, and, last but not least, the (admittedly short) ejaculatory quality of the voiced velar stop: all three of them combined together to form that miraculous lexical item, the word shag."
Author: Spiros Doikas
46. "As I recall, Drew made me take him to see a voodoo priestess he found in the yellow pages that week because he said the friend put a hex on his penis. For two weeks he slept with a two-pound package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts on his junk since he refused to sacrifice a live chicken."
Author: Tara Sivec
47. "You can pretend none of this ever happened when you leave, or pretend you had no choice. I don't give a fuck what you have to tell yourself to sleep at night. For the next two weeks you belong to me."
Author: Teresa Mummert
48. "For over two weeks, the defenders of Wake Island held off a vastly superior force of Japanese ships and troops, inspiring the whole nation with their plucky spirit and sacrifice. Unfortunately, Navy leaders at Pearl Harbor, struggling to protect what was left of the shattered Pacific Fleet, canceled a relief mission, allowing the island and its defenders to fall without support. Wake damaged the long-standing trust between the Corps and the Navy, a memory that still rankles Marines and shames sailors."
Author: Tom Clancy
49. "I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is two weeks."
Author: Totie Fields
50. "Two weeks later, we played our first concert and had 100 people there. It was pretty cool."
Author: Will Champion
Quotes About Two Weeks Pictures