Famous Quotes About Unacceptable
Browse 84 famous quotes and sayings about Unacceptable.
Top Quotes About Unacceptable
1. "As a society we've progressed to a point where it is unacceptable behavior to knock someone down who is acting a fool. I teach my children to use their words when faced with a conflict. That's what civilized people do. All that is fine and good except for one small thing; we've enabled the fools......What if people could expect a measure of instant justice when they were out of order? The acts of thoughtlessness would decline exponentially. If you give people license to be fools then you are left to deal with fools. However, if you put fools on notice then they'll be forced to snap to attention and act right or suffer the consequences. Think of it as an adult spanking."
Author: Aaron Blaylock
2. "Resorting to violence and the use of force at holy sites is unacceptable, whatever the reason might be."
Author: Ahmet Necdet Sezner
3. "The liberation of those who commit murder and terrorism is unacceptable."
Author: Alberto Fujimori
4. "Last year, customs officials screened only five percent of the 11 million cargo containers entering the United States. That rate is both unacceptable and dangerous to our national and economic interests."
Author: Allyson Schwartz
5. "A young woman, newly wed, may find herself in the delightful position of wanting to do nothing without the company of her darling husband. She may indeed discover that she spends all her waking hours with her fellow to the exclusion of every other friend or family member. This is understandable, but wholly unacceptable, to society."
Author: Anna Godbersen
6. "The world must know that America holds to the highest standards of military conduct and human rights protections. Anything less is unacceptable."
Author: Barbara Mikulski
7. "If Romney explains why where we are with Obama is unacceptable, why whither we are tending is even worse - and why his own alternative path forward is superior - then we trust the American people to make the right choice in November."
Author: Bill Kristol
8. "We hate guys who date more than one woman at a time. I've always believed that what's unacceptable in one sex should, by definition, be unacceptable in the other."
Author: Candace Bushnell
9. "A central lesson of science is that to understand complex issues (or even simple ones), we must try to free our minds of dogma and to guarantee the freedom to publish, to contradict, and to experiment. Arguments from authority are unacceptable."
Author: Carl Sagan
10. "Mrs Joe was a very clean housekeeper, but had an exquisite art of making her clenliness more umcomfortable and unacceptable than dirt itself. Cleanliness is next to godliness, and some people do the same by their religion."
Author: Charles Dickens
11. "I had managers approaching me in high school asking me if I wanted to act professionally, but to me, having to miss school to do that meant missing time with my friends, which was completely unacceptable."
Author: Chris Lowell
12. "If I were to say you are crazy, what part of that would you find unacceptable?"
Author: Daisy Donovan
13. "Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable."
Author: Denis Waitley
14. "Acceptance of the unacceptable is the greatest source of grace in this world."
Author: Eckhart Tolle
15. "Even though I may feel unsafe and unacceptable, I am accepted in Christ."
Author: Emily P. Freeman
16. "If the cost of naming the enemy is diplomatically or politically unacceptable, then the war is not likely to go well."
Author: George Friedman
17. "It is only human supremacy, which is as unacceptable as racism and sexism, that makes us afraid of being more inclusive."
Author: Ingrid Newkirk
18. "Indeed, Xcor stayed away for the wrong reason, the bad reason, an unacceptable reason—in spite of all his training, he found himself choosing Throe's life over ambition: His anger had taken him in one direction, but his regret had led him in another. And the latter one was what won out."
Author: J.R. Ward
19. "I was more than this meek, defenseless victim. I had something within me that was stronger than the sum of all my unacceptable parts."
Author: Jeff Erno
20. "To pay out millions upon millions of dollars in bonuses for incomplete work, poor performance, and unacceptable products is the height of government waste and mismanagement."
Author: Jim Gibbons
21. "It's true across the U.K. that those who had least to do with causing the economic crisis are carrying the heaviest burden. That's unacceptable."
Author: Johann Lamont
22. "How wearisomEternity so spent in worship paidTo whom we hate. Let us not then pursueBy force impossible, by leave obtain'd Unacceptable, though in Heav'n, our stateOf splendid vassalage, but rather seekOur own good from our selves, and from our ownLive to our selves, though in this vast recess,Free, and to none accountable, preferring Hard liberty before the easie yokeOf servile Pomp"
Author: John Milton
23. "An unbelieved truth can hurt a man much more than a lie. It takes great courage to back truth unacceptable to our times. There's a punishment for it, and it's usually crucifixion."
Author: John Steinbeck
24. "For those of us who have lived abroad and seen our nation in a highly competitive 21st century, and kind of see where this world is going - unless we are able to strengthen our core, we're going to see the end of the American century. And that is totally unacceptable."
Author: Jon Huntsman Jr.
25. "Any time I claimed to be white, that would be unacceptable. It just doesn't make sense in people's minds. If I'm white, how can I walk through a department store and still have people scared that I'm going to rob them? Which, that can still happen."
Author: Jordan Peele
26. "I went over to where Jack was with some guy who, had he been in a suit instead of a soft, flowing peasant shirt and trousers, would have been the archetypal uptight businessman."This is unacceptable! Do you have any idea how many people depend on me? How much money I'm losing every minute I'm here?"Jack's eyes had glazed over, vague and unfocused as he nodded slowly. "Mmm hmmm," he kept repeating, almost like he was humming."Hey," I said. "Everything okay?" Jack gave me a desperate look."No, everything is not okay!" Uptight Businessman shouted at me."Great! I need to borrow Jack, then." I grabbed Jack's arm and pulled him away."Thanks. Have I mentioned lately how glad I am you didn't die?""Yes. But feel free to keep it up."
Author: Kiersten White
27. "But now I saw the real problem with chasing after a man. It wasn't a matter of being unseemly or socially unacceptable or not playing the game right. It was just this: if I chase him, I'll never really know if he cares enough to chase me."
Author: Laura Jensen Walker
28. "Rafe hadn't sworn in front of a lady since he was fifteen and said something unacceptable in his mother's hearing. Though he'd been twice her size already, she grabbed him by his hair queue and dragged him to her boudoir, where she proceeded to wash his mouth out with lavendar soap. He had been vilely sick, to this day couldn't bear the scent of lavendar, anhd watched his tongue around females of all ages and social rank."
Author: Laurie Alice Eakes
29. "A red traffic light loomed, and Cecilia slammed her foot on the brake. The fact that Polly no longer wanted a pirate party was breathtakingly insignificant in comparison to that poor man (thirty!) crashing to the ground for the freedom that Cecilia took for granted, but right now, she couldn't pause to honor his memory, because a last-minute change of party theme was unacceptable. That's what happened when you had freedom. You lost your mind over a pirate party."
Author: Liane Moriarty
30. "The world expected girls to pluck and primp and put on heels. Meanwhile, boys dressed in rumpled T-shirts and baggy pants and misplace their combs, and yet you were suppose to fall at their feet? Unacceptable."
Author: Libba Bray
31. "It is totally unacceptable that there are countries with no paediatric cardiac surgeries."
Author: Magdi Yacoub
32. "Because I have a little bit more, that means I'm better than you? No. Unacceptable."
Author: Mariano Rivera
33. "Never has God given waivers to family members, just because they had bad leaders. In Jonah's time, the entire family of Israel had become unacceptable, but never has any Israelite administration been without some injustice, intolerance and alienation from God--much less today's earthly family. Even during the celebrated reign of Solomon, Solomon was multiplying wives and horses--against God's written counsel. It has always been so.Regardless, Israel was one family. They were expected to stick together whether they were in exile, or at home living in abundance. No deserters, or pious arm-folders were allowed. As Jonah discovered, no quitters were allowed. (page vi)"
Author: Michael Ben Zehabe
34. "That is why she dislikes dreams: they impose an unacceptable equivalence among the various periods of the same life, a leveling contemporaneity of everything a person has ever experienced; they discredit the present by denying it its privileged status."
Author: Milan Kundera
35. "Kitsch" is a German word born in the middle of the sentimental nineteenth century, and from German is entered all Western languages. Repeated use, however, has obliterated its original metaphysical meaning: kitsch is the absolute denial of shit, in both the literal and figurative sense of the word; kitsch excludes everything from its purview which is essentially unacceptable in human existence."
Author: Milan Kundera
36. "What troubled her so, she thinks, is the dream's effect of nullifying the present. For she is passionately attached to her present; nothing in the world would induce her to trade it for the past or the future. That is why she dislikes dreams: they impose an unacceptable equivalence among the various periods of the same life, a leveling contemporaneity of everything a person has ever experienced; they discredit the present by denying it its priviledged status. As in that night's dream: it obliterated a whole chunk of her life; in its place the past came lumbering in."
Author: Milan Kundera
37. "The format's better because it gives us a much stronger hand to play when going to the North Koreans unified, with our allies and partners in the region, all of us saying the same thing: telling them their current course is unacceptable."
Author: Mitchell Reiss
38. "Lazareff believed that "a journalists first duty is to be read," but Camus felt it was to tell the truth as much as possible, with as much style as possible. Camus saw "Lazareffism" as unacceptable journalism, a mixture of political submissiveness, raw crime, and nonsense. Pia and Camus hated the spineless large-circulation press, which followed orders and catered to its readers' lower instincts."
Author: Olivier Todd
39. "It's unacceptable to just sit on the couch and say I'm not doing anything. You've got to get out and do everything you can."
Author: Owen Hart
40. "With our Reserve and Guard units playing increasingly important roles in the war on terror and in Iraq, it is unacceptable to make them jump through any unnecessary hurdles."
Author: Pat Roberts
41. "The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable."
Author: Paul Tillich
42. "Laws continue to be enacted, and the regulatory environment has become more complex due to unacceptable conduct remediation. Consequently, entities continue to be compelled to demonstrate compliance with legal mandates through documented assurance assessments."
Author: Robert E. Davis
43. "A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable."
Author: Robert Fripp
44. "I often did unacceptable things and definitely multiple unacceptable women."
Author: Sadie Grubor
45. "With a cheery delicacy she divided my obsessions into three categories: acceptable, unacceptable, and hilarious."
Author: Steve Martin
46. "Wars are an outdated way to try to solve conflicts, which is unacceptable in the 21st century. Instead of trying to conquer yourself, wars are an unconscious way to try to conquer life. Wars are an unconscious way to try to conquer death, which is the basic fear in the West."
Author: Swami Dhyan Giten
47. "Compassion constitutes a radical form of criticism, for it announces that the hurt is to be taken seriously, that the hurt is not to be accepted as normal and natural but is an abnormal and unacceptable condition for humanness."
Author: Walter Brueggemann
48. "Doubt is unacceptable and should not enter you; it is merely evil trying to divert you and increase the difficulty of your task"
Author: William O'Brien
49. "In the midst of aches in the joints, anxiety over the payment of bills, concern for the safety of those you love, envy of the rich, fear of robbers, dog-weariness at the end of a long day, and the unacceptable slipping away of youth, there does occasionally appear, like a ray of light piercing the clouds, a moment of joy. Perhaps you have entered the house and sat down before removing your boots. A friend has pressed a drink into your hands, and is telling you the latest news. You see from his face that he's glad you've come in; and you are glad too. Glad to be sitting down, glad of the warming glow of the dirnk, glad of your friend's furrowed brow and eager speech. For this moment, nothing more is required. It is in its way unimprovable. This is what I mean by the Great Enough."
Author: William Nicholson
50. "Human attention tends to be focused on the satisfactions relationships are hoped to bring, precisely because somehow they have not been truly satisfactory. And if they do satisfy, the price of this satisfaction has often been found to be unacceptable."
Author: Zygmunt Bauman
Quotes About Unacceptable Pictures