Famous Quotes About Unadorned
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Unadorned.
Top Quotes About Unadorned
1. "The unadorned gentleman's suit was the product of the change from rigid status to social structures constantly shifting in response to the forces of modern capitalism, becoming ever more egalitarian in both appearance and reality."
Author: Adolf Loos
2. "Skin like ivory, perfect; A goddess, shemust be.Slender fingers, unadorned; beautifulsimplicity.A single teardrop; when did it fall?Could this goddess be mortal, after all?"
Author: Amelia Atwater Rhodes
3. "My movies are unadorned, they're not particularly fancy, I think they're kind of workmanlike in some ways, focusing on the writing and the acting."
Author: Ben Affleck
4. "The Akielon march into the fort was the flow of a single red stream, except that whereas water swirled and swelled, it was straight and unyielding.Their arms and legs were crudely bare, as if war was an act of flesh impacting on flesh. Their weapons were unadorned, as if they had brought only the essentials required for killing. Rows and rows of them, laid out with mathematical precision. The discipline of feet marching in unison was a display of power, and violence, and strength."
Author: C.S. Pacat
5. "The amount that she loved us was beyond her reach. It could not be quantified or contained. It was the ten thousand named things in the Tao Te Ching's universe and then ten thousand more. Her love was full-throated and all-encompassing and unadorned. Every day she blew through her entire reserve."
Author: Cheryl Strayed
6. "It struck me that the beauty we attribute to children isn't something they have that we don't. It's something they do, which we have long since stopped doing—just describing things as we see them, the simple, unadorned facts."
Author: Christina Carson
7. "The ornament of beauty, Shakespeare wrote, is suspect. And he was right. But beauty itself, unadorned and unaffected, is sacred, I think, worthy of our awe and our loyalty."
Author: Dennis Lehane
8. "The prosecutor uttered the party line that would distinguish revue from burlesque for the next thirty years. "The difference is movement. On Broadway, unadorned female figures are used to artistic advantage in tableaux. They do not move."
Author: Dita Von Teese
9. "I don't think I want to win anything I think I want to die unadorned."
Author: Frank O'Hara
10. "Listen to them again: ‘I love you.' Subject, verb, object: the unadorned, impregnable sentence. The subject is a short word, implying the self-effacement of the lover. The verb is longer but unambiguous, a demonstrative moment as the tongue flicks anxiously away from the palate to release the vowel. The object, like the subject, has no consonants, and is attained by pushing the lips forward as if for a kiss. ‘I love you.' How serious, how weighted, how freighted it sounds."
Author: Julian Barnes
11. "You threw everything away."I bring a hand up to touch her face,to wipe the rain from her eyelashes."Your entire life-your beliefs...Why would you do that for me?"June has never looked more beautiful than she does now,unadorned and honest,vulnerable yet invincible.When lightning streaks over the sky,her dark eyes shine like gold."Because you were right,"she whispers."About all of it."
Author: Marie Lu
12. "June has never looked more beautiful than she does now, unadorned and honest, vulnerable yet invincible."
Author: Marie Lu
13. "Of course, they were other things too. Sometimes they were even everything all together, but not fame, which was rooted in delusion and lies, if not ambition. Also, fame was reductive. Everything that ended in fame and everything that issued from fame was inevitably diminished. Fame's message was unadorned. Fame and literature were irreconcilable enemies."
Author: Roberto Bolaño
14. "When he appeared before the lord, his lordship was smitten immediately with the boy's unadorned beauty, like a first glimpse of the moon rising above a distant mountain. The boy's hair gleamed like the feathers of a raven perched silently on a tree, and his eyes were lovely as lotus flowers. One by one his other qualities became apparent, from his nightingale voice to his gentle disposition, as obedient and true as a plum blossom."
Author: Saikaku Ihara
15. "This is how people behave when their dailiness is destroyed, when for a few moments they see, plain and unadorned, one of the great shaping forces of life. Calamity fixes them with her mesmeric eye, and they begin to scoop and paw at the rubble of their days, trying to pluck the memory of the quotidian - a toy, a book, a garment, even a photograph - from the garbage heaps of the irretrievable, of their overwhelming loss."
Author: Salman Rushdie
16. "I've remembered that most of life is about small, essential connections, so unobtrusive, so elastic, that you scarcely realize they're actually holding you together. The big ones-the great, grand emotional bonds-those are the ones that break, the ones that fail you, the ones that give way and send you careening toward the foot of the bleak and jagged canyon. It's the tough, gnarled, unadorned ties that really do bind, that never let you fall all the way down into darkness."
Author: Sharon Shinn
17. "Beauty when unadorned is adorned the most."
Author: St. Jerome
18. "Evasion of the unadorned immediacy of life is as deep-seated as it is relentless. Even with the ardent desire to be aware and alert in the present moment, the mind flings us into tawdry and tiresome elaborations of past and future. This craving to be otherwise, to be elsewhere, permeates the body, feeling, perceptions, will - consciousness itself. It is like the background radiation from the big bang of birth, the aftershock of having erupted into existence."
Author: Stephen Batchelor
19. "Here we meet, on the page, naked and unadorned: shorn of class, race, gender, sexual identity, age and nationality."
Author: Will Self
20. "This is what a woman is: unadorned, after children and work and age, and experience-these are the marks of living."
Author: Zadie Smith
Quotes About Unadorned Pictures