Famous Quotes About Underestimated
Browse 56 famous quotes and sayings about Underestimated.
Top Quotes About Underestimated
1. "I underestimated your laziness." "It's pronounced intelligence, Kirk."
Author: Abria Mattina
2. "I always feel over-appreciated but underestimated."
Author: Alan Bennett
3. "If you ever put a student at this school in danger again-''Oh, I thought you Gallagher Girls were immune to danger.'Despite the hundred girls the filled the foyer, no one moved or gasped or tried to defend our honor. We stood silently, waiting for our headmistress to say, 'Oh, we are quite used to being underestimated, Agent Townsend. In fact, we welcome it."
Author: Ally Carter
4. "Perhaps we underestimated the challenges in Afghanistan in the past. That's why we are now strengthening and intensifying our commitment."
Author: Anders Fogh Rasmussen
5. "I squirmed in my hiding spot. Do something, people," I urged. Say something. The silence dragged on. I imagined my first report to Maris. "We have underestimated our enemy. They are lethal. We are in serious danger of the Hancocks boring us to death. Abort, abort, abort."
Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
6. "I think for the last fifteen, twenty years or so, Hollywood has underestimated the appeal of the Western. I think there is still a huge market."
Author: Barry Corbin
7. "John A. Templer of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, author of the definitive (and, it must be said, almost only) scholarly text on the subject, The Staircase: Studies of Hazards, Falls, and Safer Design, suggests that all fall-injury figures are probably severely underestimated anyway."
Author: Bill Bryson
8. "I had the strong sensation that I'd underestimated my parents and their devotion to me. Of course they'd be on my side, whether they understood or not. That was just the kind of parents they were."
Author: Bill Konigsberg
9. "Obama had campaigned against Bush's ideas and approaches. But, Donilon, for one, thought that Obama had perhaps underestimated the extent to which he had inherited George W. Bush's presidency - the apparatus, personnel and mind-set of war making."
Author: Bob Woodward
10. "Drinking beer with friends is perhaps the most underestimated of all Reformation insights and essential to ongoing reform; and wasting time with a choice friend or two on a regular basis might be the best investment of time you ever make."
Author: Carl R. Trueman
11. "I didn't know what I was in for when I joined 'The X Factor' - I underestimated it."
Author: Cheryl Cole
12. "Oh how I had underestimated tender kisses."
Author: Cora Carmack
13. "I think I've explained earlier on in the year that I kind of underestimated how important experience was in this series, especially when you're up against such good quality drivers."
Author: Dan Wheldon
14. "It really gets into your system. All baseball players have this internal clock around February when it starts to kick in and the juices start to flow. I think underestimated how much I was going to miss it."
Author: David Cone
15. "The case of Iran, a nuclear program that the Iranians admit was 18 years on, that we underestimated. And, in fact, we didn't discover it. It was discovered by a group of Iranian dissidents outside the country who pointed the international community at the location."
Author: David Kay
16. "We always underestimated our own participation in magic. That is, we thought of magic as something that existed with or without us. But that's not true. Things are not magical because they've been conjured for us by some outside force. They are magical because we create them, and then deem them so. Ryan and Avery will say the first moment they spoke, the first moment they danced, was magical. But they were the ones—no one else, nothing else—who gave it the magic. We know. We were there. Ryan opened himself to it. Avery opened himself to it. And the act of opening was all they needed. That is the magic."
Author: David Levithan
17. "The first follower is actually an underestimated form of leadership in itself. … The first follower is what transforms a lone nut into a leader."
Author: Derek Sivers
18. "It's always good to be underestimated."
Author: Donald Trump
19. "Scent is often underestimated, when it can be the most evocative."
Author: Erin Morgenstern
20. "A technological advance of a major sort almost always is overestimated in the short run for its consequences - and underestimated in the long run."
Author: Francis Collins
21. "You don't like my dress?"The vines of Reed's couture streched toward the tutor, the rose's petal-mouths chomping.It isn't that, Your Imperial Viciousness. The earthlings will not understand you. Not understanding you, they will be frightened and send their petty authorities to apprehend you."Ha!"Of course they'll fail. That isn't the point. But you'll have to wast engery dealing with them instead of concentrating on your niece's destruction. I doubt that the way to achive your aim is to spread your strength across many fronts so that, when it's time to battle Alyss, you many not be at the peak of your powers. Your niece, I gather, shouldn't be underestimated."Vollrath hadn't graduated from the Tutor Corps for nothing. "I don't like when sound reasoning counters my wishes," Redd hissed."
Author: Frank Beddor
22. "They misunderestimated me."
Author: George W. Bush
23. "My goal is to sweep the reader away from his world and bring him along for the adventure. Learning something new shouldn't feel like work, nor should today's younger reader be underestimated. If done correctly, there is no need to "dumb down" the plot or simplify words. When someone tells me he thought The Serpent's Ring was easy to read, I know I succeeded in my storytelling."
Author: H.B. Bolton
24. "I have been underestimated for decades. I have done very well that way."
Author: Helmut Kohl
25. "If you give a good performance, something that gets some feeling across to people, that's such a rare gift. It's underestimated at this point in history, when the music biz is inevitably turning into a kind of politics."
Author: Iggy Pop
26. "Photographer shoots Sutton in close-up, the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway behind his head. The expressway was built while Sutton was in prison. God what a monstrosity, Sutton says. I didn't think they could make Brooklyn uglier. I underestimated them."
Author: J.R. Moehringer
27. "Erick had underestimated the distance, both to the ground and the cliff above me, yet the texture of the cliff wall was better than I'd hoped for. Vines and plants grew dense and well rooted, and there were many rocks and missing chunks of earth. I didn't know whether I could make it to the top on one leg or not, but I thought it was a great day to try."
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
28. "Words were the most powerful tool. Simple and so often underestimated. They could heal. They could destroy." from Onyx"
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
29. "I thought the whole thing with Blake would ruin this afternoon, but I had underestimated the magnetism of Daemon and his kisses."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
30. "Hatred is a very underestimated emotion."
Author: Jim Morrison
31. "Stalin's first move, uncharacteristically, was to apologize to the Chinese comrades for having underestimated them: "Our opinions are not always correct," he told a visiting delegation from Beijing in July, 1949. He then went on, however, to propose the "second front" the Americans had feared: [T]here should be some division of labor between us. . . . The Soviet Union cannot . . . have the same influence [in Asia] as China is in a position to do. . . . By the same token, China cannot have the same influence as the Soviet Union has in Europe. So, for the interests of the international revolution, . . . you may take more responsibility in working in the East, . . . and we will take more responsibility in the West. . . . In a word, this is our unshirkable duty.56"
Author: John Lewis Gaddis
32. "Since the Pentagon underestimated the number of troops required after the end of hostilities, we were not prepared to prevent looting or to guard hundreds of weapons dumps spread throughout the country."
Author: John Spratt
33. "Ethan's jaw dropped. Again he had underestimated her. Abruptly, he fought down a smile. "I don't know whether to kiss you or arrest you." She smiled up at him and again Ethan thought her lips were entirely too close to his. "You should kiss me," she said, stunning him even more. "I guarantee it will be a lot more pleasant than arresting me...for both of us."
Author: Kathryn Loch
34. "Whether the Eisenhower administration has underestimated the American people's interest in space exploration or Truman never full appreciated MacArthur, the Soviet Union's Sputnik program has created a public spectacle that even Disney and von Braun might envy."
Author: Ken Hollings
35. "We had so much to say to each other, like we'd been quiet our whole lives until we met. It was as if I had underestimated how hungry I was for a companion, how much I needed to be understood, to be pursued, to be seen and to be reflected in someone's eyes."
Author: Kimberly Novosel
36. "It's not fake is it?" Jasper asked softly and Layne studied his son thinking he had vastly underestimated Jasper too. "It was, Jas, it isn't anymore." Jasper nodded. Layne continued. "She doesn't know that yet, though."Jasper stared at him then his mouth twitched before, very slowly, it spread into a smile."
Author: Kristen Ashley
37. "The Australian people want to help build this country into a great nation. This budget... has not realized the capacity of the Australian people. It has underestimated them. It has let us down."
Author: Lionel Murphy
38. "I think we have underestimated their Gods; they have made millions stupid, and we are even not able to get one out of that stupidity."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
39. "A very underestimated part of the world, The Entrance is."
Author: Melina Marchetta
40. "The generals who had called Zia a mullah behind his back felt ashamed at having underestimated him: not only was he a mullah, he was a mullah whose understanding of religion didn't go beyond parroting what he had heard from the next mullah. A mullah without a beard, a mullah in a four-star general's uniform, a mullah with the instincts of a corrupt tax inspector."
Author: Mohammed Hanif
41. "Pawns were always underestimated - until they marched across the board and changed into queens."
Author: Natalie Herzer
42. "Yes, I decided, a man can truly change. The events of the past year have taught me much about myself, and a few universal truths. I learned, for instance, that while wounds can be inflicted easily upon those we love, it's often much more difficult to heal them. Yet the process of healing those wounds provided the richest experience of my life, leading me to believe that while I've often overestimated what I could accomplish in a day, I had underestimated what I could do in a year. But most of all, I learned that it's possible for two people to fall in love all over again, even when there's been a lifetime of disappointment between them."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
43. "The secularists in Turkey haven't underestimated religion, they just made the mistake of believing they could control it with the power of the army alone."
Author: Orhan Pamuk
44. "Chains used to claim that there's no freedom quite like the freedom of being constantly underestimated," said Locke."
Author: Scott Lynch
45. "There's no freedom quite like the freedom of being constantly underestimated."
Author: Scott Lynch
46. "You always underestimated me. You thought you made me harmless when you gave angelhood to me. You forgot that some angels are warriors. Where there's warriors, there's war. I will fight to the death. It's my duty. I am not afraid."
Author: Sonya Hartnett
47. "Mysticism, poor mysticism! When it is underestimated and oversimplified, it comes down from its original sphere and stands beside religion."
Author: Sri Chinmoy
48. "I know that small-town silence, I'd run into it before, intangible as smoke and solid as stone. We honed it on the British for centuries and it's ingrained, the instinct for a place to close up like a fist when the police come knocking. Sometimes it means nothing more than that; but it's a powerful thing, that silence, dark and tricky and lawless. It still hides bones buried somewhere in the hills, arsenals cached in pigsties. The British underestimated it, fell for the practiced half-witted looks, but I knew and Sam knew: it's dangerous."
Author: Tana French
49. "Often dismissed or underestimated by political opponents, President Reagan had the most valuable weapon in the political arsenal: a bond with the people."
Author: William L. Jenkins
50. "But he had underestimated the strangeness of talking about the future of his life with someone for whom the future still seemed unbounded: a pleasure palace of choices, with infinite doors, in which only a fool would spend his time trapped in one room."
Author: Zadie Smith
Quotes About Underestimated Pictures