Famous Quotes About Unloving
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Unloving.
Top Quotes About Unloving
1. "When you're cold and unloving, he'll walk through a fire to earn your love, but the second you give your love to him, he'll drag you by your hair, and throw you into the fire. Never show your vulneralbility, instead embody the Seductress."
Author: Euphoria Godsent
2. "And they both began to laugh over nothing as children will when they are happy together. And they laughed so that in the end they were making as much noise as if they had been two ordinary healthy natural ten-year-old creatures—instead of a hard, little, unloving girl and a sickly boy who believed that he was going to die."
Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett
3. "So why, when we constantly offend Him and we are so unlovable and unloving, does God persist in loving us?.... [W]hy does God still love us, despite us? I do not have an answer to this question. But I know that if God's mercy didn't exist, there would be no hope. No matter how good we tried to be, we would be punished because of our sins."
Author: Francis Chan
4. "(visions) of strange cities, of sandy plains, of gigantic ruins, of midnight skies with strange bright constellations, of mountain-passes, of grassy nooks flecked with the afternoon sunshine through the boughs: I was in the midst of such scenes, and in all of them one presence seemed to weigh on me in all these mighty shapes - the presence of something unknown and pitiless. For continual suffering had annihilated religious faith within me: to the utterly miserable - the unloving and the unloved - there is no religion possible, no worship but a worship of devils. And beyond all these, and continually recurring, was the vision of my death - the pangs, the suffocation, the last struggle, when life would be grasped at in vain. ("The Lifted Veil")"
Author: George Eliot
5. "I surround people in unconditional acceptance and love to such a degree that everything that is unloving about them rises to the surface."
Author: Iyanla Vanzant
6. "The clay of White Fang had been molded until he became what he was, morose and lonely, unloving and ferocious, the enemy of all his kind."
Author: Jack London
7. "We want to state this carefully: a spouse who is evil, distant, cruel, unloving, or abusive should not use this information to demand more sex from his wife without first dealing with his sin."
Author: Mark Driscoll
8. "Divine immutability is not the construct of an unloving God imported from Greek philosophy; rather, divine immutability is the grounds for the constancy of his love, the surety of his faithfulness, and the triumph of his purposes precisely because he is the God who does not change."
Author: Michael F. Bird
9. "It is a terrible smudge on grace and unconditional love to think that God simply winks and smiles at our poor choices; that God must rubber stamp everything we do or else He is unloving. God loves us unconditionally regardless of our performance - good or bad. When God challenges us or corrects us He does not stop loving us. In the safety of His love we can receive correction and challenge without shame or feelings of rejection."
Author: Michael M. Rose
10. "A religion, even if it calls itself a religion of love, must be hard and unloving to those who do not belong to it."
Author: Sigmund Freud
11. "If there is no point in the universe that we discover by the methods of science, there is a point that we can give the universe by the way we live, by loving each other, by discovering things about nature, by creating works of art. And that—in a way, although we are not the stars in a cosmic drama, if the only drama we're starring in is one that we are making up as we go along, it is not entirely ignoble that faced with this unloving, impersonal universe we make a little island of warmth and love and science and art for ourselves. That's not an entirely despicable role for us to play."
Author: Steven Weinberg
12. "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. JOHN 15:12 Dear Jesus, help me to love others the way that You do. I know that You love them unconditionally, no matter how they act or what they have done. I find it hard to always do that. You have commanded us to love You and love others, but I find it far easier to love You than I do to love them. Other people fail me and You never do. Other people can be unloving and You never are. That's why I need Your love to fill my heart every day. Thank You that You are the God of love—You don't just have love, You are love. I pray that Your Spirit of love in me will flow out of me to others like a river. Enable me to show love even to those who are hard to love. Teach me how to be loving to others in a consistent and unfailing way. Enable me to be the kind of person people are attracted to because of Your love in me. In Jesus' name"
Author: Stormie Omartian
13. "Love is a verb, not a noun. It is active. Love is not just feelings of passion and romance. It is behavior. If a man lies to you, he is behaving badly and unlovingly toward you. He is disrespecting you and your relationship. The words "I love you" are not enough to make up for that. Don't kid yourself that they are."
Author: Susan Forward
14. "Oh, I thought that I was giving him so much!And he to me - and the giving and the takingSeemed so right: not in terms of calculationOf what was good for the persons we had beenBut for the new person, us. If I could feelAs I did then, even now it would seem right.And then I found we were only strangersAnd that there had been neither giving nor takingBut that we had merely made use of each otherEach for his purpose. That's horrible. Can we only loveSomething created by our own imagination?Are we all in fact unloving and unlovable?The one is alone, and if one is aloneThen lover and beloved are equally unrealAnd the dreamer is no more real than his dreams."
Author: T.S. Eliot
15. "God's holiness is not an unloving holiness, and God's love is not an unholy love. It is only by keeping these two primary moral qualities of the divine being closely related that we may rightly behold the character of God. (p. 98)"
Author: Thomas C. Oden
16. "Davy once asked me if I thought it was better to be a has-been than a never was, but maybe it doesn't make much of a difference. In the end, people are just people, and the only things that matter are whether they are good or bad, loving or unloving, loved or unloved."
Author: Todd Strasser
17. "I am unjust, but I can strive for justice. My life's unkind, but I can vote for kindness. I, the unloving, say life should be lovely. I, that am blind, cry out against my blindness."
Author: Vachel Lindsay
Quotes About Unloving Pictures