Famous Quotes About Unreliable People
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Unreliable People.
Top Quotes About Unreliable People
1. "The Olympics are great for notoriety right off the bat, but your body of work is what people remember you for."
Author: Brian Boitano
2. "God is the only comfort, He is also the supreme terror: the thing we most need and the thing we most want to hide from. He is our only possible ally, and we have made ourselves His enemies. Some people talk as if meeting the gaze of absolute goodness would be fun. They need to think again. They are still only playing with religion. Goodness is either the great safety or the great danger - according to the way you react to it. And we have reacted the wrong way."
Author: C.S. Lewis
3. "I'm not patient, and some things drive me crazy. In my work, I get incredibly upset when people don't get it right or don't respect others' needs."
Author: Colin Firth
4. "Was the dividing line between life and fiction as hazy for other people as it was for a writer?"
Author: Dean Koontz
5. "There's people that figure if they hang out with you, all of a sudden they're going to be successes. I've had two or three stalkers in my life."
Author: Dustin Diamond
6. "I'm constantly changing, I'm constantly growing. I think I'm a little controversial... I just try and keep some mystery, so hopefully people can't really put their finger on it."
Author: Evan Rachel Wood
7. "I deal with people like him a hundred times a day. They look at me and naturally assume I'm not as smart as they are. God help us. But think about it, it's a tremendous tactical advantage, not to mention personally liberating, to haveothers think I'm a dummy."
Author: Francisco X. Stork
8. "People think I'm a freemason, and I'm not. People think I believe the end of the world is coming on 21 December 2012, and I don't."
Author: Graham Hancock
9. "In the School of Life events, situations, and the people you have attracted to be part of your personal experiences are synchronized perfectly in order to teach you the lessons that need to be learned. They show you exactly what is needed to be successful in your Life."
Author: Jacqueline Ripstein
10. "It's an immensely competitive business, and I can tell you the older you get, the parts are fewer, and the people who are proven performers are greater."
Author: John Hurt
11. "I saw some war heroes... John Kerry is not a war hero. He couldn't tie the shoes of some of the people in Coastal Division 11."
Author: John O'Neill
12. "The time for miracles has either passed or not come yet, besides, miracles, genuine miracles, whatever people say, are not such a good idea, if it means destroying the very order of things in order to improve them."
Author: José Saramago
13. "Actually, what I miss are people corpsing on stage."
Author: Judi Dench
14. "Now children as young as nine carry AK47s which can kill 30 people in seconds."
Author: Kate Adie
15. "I was good at being a doctor; my patients liked me. At times people trust you with things they wouldn't tell their spouses. It was a real privilege."
Author: Khaled Hosseini
16. "It's kind of the yin and yang that fascinate me. That for all the evil men do, there are also people who work obnoxiously long hours and sacrifice their personal lives because it is a calling - if they don't keep our streets safe, if they aren't there to advocate for and save beaten women and children and murder victims, who will?"
Author: Lisa Gardner
17. "I've been doing my job well for 17 years. People must see something in me. Otherwise, I'd be over and out."
Author: Naomi Campbell
18. "No prophet or apostle has lived a celibate life is what I'd like to tell her. No one who's ever told me celibacy is a viable option has ever been celibate. They don't even use the word. They say 'abstinent,' which implies there will be an end. They don't consider what my life will be like, if I never marry. Which is likely, given who I am, and the ways I'm different. People stand at the pulpit, or they come to my house, and tell me not to need what every human needs. Afterward, they go home and undress. They lie down next to the person they love most, or once did."
Author: Nicole Hardy
19. "Once you have realised that there is no objective external world to be found; that what you know is only a filtered and processed version, then it is a short step to the thought that, in that case, other people too are nothing but a processed shadow, and but a short step more to the belief that every person must somehow be shut away, isolated behind their own unreliable sensory apparatus. And then the thought springs easily to mind that man is, fundamentally, alone. That the world is made up of disconnected consciousnesses, each isolated within the illusion created by its own senses, floating in a featureless vacuum.He does not put it so bluntly, but the idea is not far away. That, fundamentally, man is alone."
Author: Peter Høeg
20. "Look at what caused people to make a lot of money and you will see that usually it is in proportion to their production of what the society wanted."
Author: Ray Dalio
21. "I'm not really listed anywhere; I don't know how people find me!"
Author: Rick Baker
22. "I think the most difficult thing had been scaling the infrastructure. Trying to support the response we had received from our users and the number of people that were interested in using the software."
Author: Shawn Fanning
23. "It didn't matter.Carson wasn't the one for me. He wasn't even the one for right now. My life would hopefully have its great love story but this wasn't it. It would happen in D.C. in the next four years or it would happen in Africa, if I ever got there, or in Sienna or, for all I knew, Kentucky or Timbuktu.Life was long.And people only really had great love affairs in high school in the movies. And maybe during world wars. But this was not a movie and not a war, even if it sometimes felt that way. It was only high school and it was almost over with anyway."
Author: Tara Altebrando
24. "This is what divorce is: taking things you no longer want from people you no longer love."
Author: Zadie Smith
Quotes About Unreliable People Pictures