Famous Quotes About Untouchables In India
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Untouchables In India.
Top Quotes About Untouchables In India
1. "If it were not my purpose to combine barbarian things with things Hellenic, to traverse and civilize every continent, to search out the uttermost parts of land and sea, to push the bounds of Macedonia to the farthest Ocean, and to disseminate and shower the blessings of the Hellenic justice and peace over every nation, I should not be content to sit quietly in the luxury of idle power, but I should emulate the frugality of Diogenes. But as things are, forgive me Diogenes, that I imitate Herakles, and emulate Perseus, and follow in the footsteps of Dionysos, the divine author and progenitor of my family, and desire that victorious Hellenes should dance again in India and revive the memory of the Bacchic revels among the savage mountain tribes beyond the Kaukasos…"
Author: Alexander The Great
2. "Acel gest simbolic de a o întrona pe Déesse Raison la Notre-Dame pare sa fi însemnat pentru lumea apuseana ceva asemanator cu taierea Stejarilor lui Wotan de catre misionarii crestini, caci nici atunci, nici acum, fulgerul razbunator nu i-a lovit pe nelegiuiti. Este probabil mai mult decât o gluma a istoriei universale faptul ca tocmai în acel moment si tocmai un francez, Anquetil du Perron, se afla în India si, la începutul secolului al XIX-lea, aducea acasa o traducere a Oupnek'hat, o culegere de cincizeci de Upanisade, care au permis pentru prima oara Occidentului sa arunce o privire mai adânca înauntrul enigmaticului spirit al Orientului … Masa anonima de oameni întunecati, care s-a adunat cu gânduri distrugatoare în Notre-Dame, s-a napustit si asupra individului, nimerindu-l si pe Anquetil du Perron, în care a provocat un raspuns devenit istoric. De la el se trag Schopenhauer si Nietzsche, de la el apare acea influenta spirituala înca incalculabila a Orientului."
Author: C.G. Jung
3. "In my travels, I also noticed that kids in Thailand like spicy food, and kids in India love curry. I'm hoping to introduce my son, Hudson, to lots of veggies and spices when he's young. I say that before he's started on solid foods, so it could be easier in theory than practice!"
Author: Curtis Stone
4. "Never had there been such an attempt to make conquest the servant of civilization. About keeping India there is no question. England has a real duty there."
Author: Goldwin Smith
5. "For a day or two Fleury became quite active. He had his book about the advance of civilization in India to consider and this was one reason why he had taken an interest in the behaviour of the Collector. He asked a great number of questions and even bought a notebook to record pertinent information."Why, if the Indian people are happier under our rule," he asked a Treasury official, "do they not emigrate from those native states like Hyderabad which are so dreadfully misgoverned and come and live in British India?""The apathy of the native is well known," replied the official stiffly. "He is not enterprising."Fleury wrote down "apathy" in a flowery hand and then, after a moment's hesitation, added "not enterprising"."
Author: J.G. Farrell
6. "Being identified as a poet in France or Denmark or India one is greeted with gracious respect."
Author: James Broughton
7. "China is not a country, it's a continent. India is not a country, it's a continent."
Author: Jan Chipchase
8. "Obviously any export of uranium to India could only occur within an appropriate international framework to be negotiated by the commonwealth government."
Author: Jay Weatherill
9. "Namaste is a term that finds its origin in India means the God in me salutes the God in you. This means that every human being has a God in her or him. I wonder where in time we forgot this wisdom and started treating fellow human beings as untouchables and backward classes."
Author: Jeroninio Almeida
10. "We have seven pillars of development. India has a cutting edge information technology industry. We are setting up a technology park. We would like to see technology penetration iin education. Besides, we would like to see cooperation in industries like fashion, filmmaking, ship-building, education, health and energy."
Author: Kamla Persad Bissessar
11. "IN INDIA ONE ,EMPLOYEE CAN NOT FOR WORK ,THEY WORK FOR BOSS"
12. "In London there was an article about all these girls bending it like Beckham, and in India there's this big wave of girls playing football. Wow! I can't believe a movie's done this!"
Author: Parminder Nagra
13. "Of course, running a coalition government in a country like India is a difficult task. More so when Congress leads the coalition, since most of the political parties were anti-Congress. To have a coalition, to run a coalition government, you require a lot of adjustments, a lot of flexibility."
Author: Pranab Mukherjee
14. "I personally believe that the office of the President of India is not to be sought. It is to be offered."
Author: Pranab Mukherjee
15. "The East India Company established a monopoly over the production of opium, shortly after taking over Bengal."
Author: Robert Trout
16. "Schools across India do not have teachers, libraries, playing grounds and even toilets. I do not want to see empty classrooms, empty libraries. I do not want to see cattle grazing on fields meant to be cricket or football grounds."
Author: Sachin Tendulkar
17. "I fail to find even one "Netaji" among the several thousand "Netas" of today. India needs our sacrifices once more and my entire life is and will remain dedicated to the service of my country."
Author: Sharad Vivek Sagar
18. "We have pledged ourselves, and of this the United Nations of the world are witness, to give the fullest opportunity for attainment of self-government by India as soon as hostilities are over. I repeat that that is beyond doubt."
Author: Stafford Cripps
19. "To be sure, India has achieved enviable success in business services, like the glistening call centers in Bangalore and elsewhere. But in the global jousting for manufacturing jobs, India does not get its share."
Author: Steven Rattner
20. "In India everything has a use and a value."
Author: Tahir Shah
Quotes About Untouchables In India Pictures