Famous Quotes About Upped
Browse 133 famous quotes and sayings about Upped.
Top Quotes About Upped
1. "We had a short reprieve as Dad cupped Mom's face and ranhis hands down her neck, over her shoulders. "Helena, are youhurt?"She waved that away. "I'm fine." She smiled briefly, thenturned hard eyes on us. Each of us took a healthy stepbackward and not a single one of us felt any less manly for thewise retreat."
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
2. "....and his head and shoulders were on the bed next to the boy who had captured his heart like cupped hands would capture a butterfly, and had never, ever clutched him too tight and never let him go."
Author: Amy Lane
3. "You're here!" She repeated, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legsaround his hips. He'd dropped his bags as she'd ran, and now he cupped her bottom in his large hands...His heart gave a giant thump, all the way down from his chest to his stomach,and as she smiled up at him he lowered his head and devoured her mouth,smile and all. Her lips were just as warm, and just as soft as he remembered, and her mouth tasted like peaches and cinnamon and Corinne Carol-Anne and without thought he pushed her back against the hallway wall and kissed her and kissed her and kissed her as though all their time apart would disappear in that frantic mating of tongue and lips and teeth. He wanted to take her into himself, all of her, and keep her warm and safe and happy, just like this moment when sheburst with joy, just to see him.--Wounded(Green and Cory, after being apart)"
Author: Amy Lane
4. "Right." He slowly stood up. "This is new territory for you. Stupid sequestering, the Keepers better not have turned you into a nun or something."I snatched a book off my nightstand and threw it at him. "Get out of my room!"He caught the book in midair and laid it on the bed. "Easy, Lily. That was a bad joke. I didn't mean any offense."I shook with humiliation. "You don't know what it's been like.""I know, and I'm sorry." He came to my side and cupped my face. "I'm sure it hasn't been fun. You deserve better."I nodded. He lowered his head, softly brushing his lips over mine. "I'll show you how much fun it can be. You need to trust me."
Author: Andrea Cremer
5. "My mouth hung slightly open, i was getting ready to sat something important. what i wanted to say was: I's so, so sorry. but instead I said, "i love you." Only then, when i said it out loud, did i know that it was true.Carly threaded her fingers through mine and i squeezed her hand. She said it back to me, and i was relieved in a way that i wasn't expecting. i didn't know that i needed her to say it until she did. i was so grateful; i leaned down and kissed her fearlessly, which was unlike me. When she kissed me back, i brought my hand up and cupped the nape of her neck, pulling her hair with clumsy fingers. i tried to back off, to apologize for hurting her, but she kept me close, kissing me softly at first, then hard and fast until the lines between us blurred."
Author: Anna Jarzab
6. "She brought her elbowbackward and connected with Rand's ribs. He swore and released her.She whirled on him. "That's for being so arrogant!"Rand advanced on her, and the grin on his face wasn't at all reassuring. She took one stepback, then turned to sprint into the bathroom, when a pair of hands caught her and slung her overa hard muscled shoulder."Put me down right now!" She screamed as she pummeled his back. "You are the mostannoying, selfish, barbaric, horny man I know, Rand Miller!"He set her back on her feet inside the bathroom, then cupped her chin in his palm. "Youare the most gorgeous, intelligent, feisty woman I know, Lucy Flemming."Lucy narrowed her eyes. What was he up to now? "Flattery won't help you out of thisone.""It's not flattery. It's the truth," he murmured as he leaned close to her ear. "And, baby?""Yes?" she answered, her voice nearly inaudible as his nearness began to override heranger."I'd better be the only horny man you know."
Author: Anne Rainey
7. "Suddenly, Cain flipped her over and caged her in, his muscled strength creating a protective embrace. "My diamond," he growled. "You are home." She lifted her hand and cupped his cheek, then murmured, "Yes. I am." "I was dead without you. I would have ended up a shell like Rafael." She kissed him, hating the pain in his voice. "No, never like him. He was evil, Cain, his soul black. Yours isn't. Just a little gray." He smirked. "Gray?" She shrugged. "Well you aren't lily white, that's for certain."
Author: Anne Rainey
8. "Upped but mentally disjointed."
Author: Beatrice Sparks
9. "Spraying to kill trees and and raspberry bushes after a clear-cut merely looks unaesthetic for a short time, but tree plantations are deliberate ecodeath. Yet, tree planting is often pictorially advertised on television and in national magazines by focusing on cupped caring hands around a seedling. But forests do not need this godlike interference... Planting tree plantations is permanent deforestation... The extensive planting of just one exotic species removes thousands of native species."
Author: Bernd Heinrich
10. "He slid over to me and grabbed me closer to him. My smile fell from my face with the unexpectedness of it. His hands cupped my face, his lips hovering above mine."You seriously want to know, Tess?"He closed the space and claimed my mouth with an urgent, hot, delving kiss.He smiled. "You are sexy, in your own goofball way, you're sweet and beautiful and smart and funny and, although you kiss to the point where I feel like I want to go back for seconds, you're my best friend, and that's why I don't want to tap that."
Author: C.J. Duggan
11. "I like pouring your tea, liftingthe heavy pot, and tipping it up,so the fragrant liquid steams in your china cup.Or when you're away or at work,I like to think of your cupped hands as you sip,as you sip, of the faint half-smile of your lips."
Author: Carol Ann Duffy
12. "TEAI like pouring your tea, liftingthe heavy pot, and tipping it up,so the fragrant liquid streams in your china cup.Or when you're away, or at work,I like to think of your cupped hands as you sip,as you sip, of the faint half-smile of your lips.I like the questions – sugar? – milk? –and the answers I don't know by heart, yet,for I see your soul in your eyes, and I forget.Jasmine, Gunpowder, Assam, Earl Grey, Ceylon,I love tea's names. Which tea would you like? I saybut it's any tea for you, please, any time of day,as the women harvest the slopesfor the sweetest leaves, on Mount Wu-Yi,and I am your lover, smitten, straining your tea."
Author: Carol Ann Duffy
13. "He let his guitar swing behind him and cupped my face with his hand. "I love you, Grace Taylor." It barely came out above a whisper from his lips but it echoed throught the microphone. And then he kissed me. In front of everyone, he kissed me. A slow, deep kiss that sent heat from my lips to every other surface of my skin, and completely an utterly set me on fire."
Author: Christine Zolendz
14. "Diogenes carried a bowl with him for years, but one day saw a man drinking from his cupped palm and declared, ‘I have been a fool, burdened all these years by the weight of a bowl when a perfectly good vessel lay at the end of my wrist."
Author: Christopher Moore
15. "I want to live where soul meets bodyAnd let the sun wrap its arms around meAnd bathe my skin in water cool and cleansingAnd feel, feel what its like to be newAnd I cannot guess what we'll discoverWhen we turn the dirt with our palms cupped like shovelsBut I know our filthy hands can wash one another'sAnd not one speck will remainAnd I do believe it's trueThat there are roads left in both of our shoesBut if the silence takes youThen I hope it takes me tooSo brown eyes I hold you nearCause you're the only song I want to hear"
Author: Death Cab For Cutie
16. "Cole reached into his pocket and handed Beckett the bag with the rings. He held them gently in a cupped hand for a moment and smiled down at them. Then he put them in his pocket and held his head high."
Author: Debra Anastasia
17. "Yes. Just now, I was actually trying to rank 'I love you, I like you, I worship you, I have to have my cock inside you,' in terms of relative sincerity.Did I day that? he said sounding slightly startled.Yes. Weren't you listening?No, he admitted. I meant every word of it though. His hand cupped one buttock, weighing it appreciatively. Still do come to that.What, even that last one? I laughed and rubbed my forehead gently against his chest, feeling his jaw rest snugly on top of my head.Oh, aye, he said gathering me firmly against him with a sigh. I will say the flesh requires a bit of supper and a wee rest before I think of doin' it again, but the spirit is always willing. God, ye have the sweetest fat wee bum. Only seeing it makes me want to give it yea again directly. It's lucky ye're wed to a decrepit auld man, Sessenach, or ye'd be on your knees with your arse in the air this minute."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
18. "But I talk to you as I talk to my own soul," he said, turning me to face him. He reached up and cupped my cheek, fingers light on my temple."And, Sassenach," he whispered, "your face is my heart."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
19. "I canna look at ye asleep without wanting to wake ye, Sassenach." His hand cupped my breast, gently now. "I suppose I find myself lonely without ye."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
20. "Fred started to follow, but Nita caught him in cupped hands, holding him back for a moment. "Fred! Did we do right?" Even here she couldn't keep the pain out of her question, the fear that she could have somehow have prevented his death. But Fred radiated a serene and wondering joy that took her breath and reassured her and filled her with wonder to match his, all at once. Go find out, he said."
Author: Diane Duane
21. "Hey." Marcus cupped my cheek with his rough hand and lifted my face, so I would look at him. "If you wanna be free, Asia, all you have to do is see yourself through my eyes. If you could see how beautiful you are, what an amazing artist you've become, how you light up a room just by walking into it, you would realize that you have no reason to keep yourself locked up. You should be proud of who you are, babe. 'Cause you are amazing."
Author: E.M. Abel
22. "I beat Larry Holmes and George Foreman. I whupped Mike Tyson twice. I had my ear chewed off and spat on the ground in front of me. I've seen everything it is possible to see in boxing. I know this business better than anyone. So I live and die by my own decisions."
Author: Evander Holyfield
23. "You saved me again," she told him with a starstruck gaze. He cupped her cheek and gave her a tender smile in the dark. "Because you are my princess and I am your knight."
Author: Gaelen Foley
24. "He stopped and took my hand. "If we die, or if I die..."He was speaking of dying, and I couldn't stop smiling.In the dark he must not have noticed, because he said in a rush, "I must tell you that I love you, and if I live I will ask for your hand, but you needn't say anything now if it distresses you, and I might rather die without knowing that you don't love me if that's how you feel."I tried to speak, but nothing came. I had gained courage during my adventures, but not for this."Addie?"Too soft to hear, I whispered, "I do love you."But he heard. He cupped his hand under my chin and tilted my face up so I had to meet his eyes. He was smiling too, with a smile as happy as mine. "Oh, Addie!" He leaned down to kiss me..."
Author: Gail Carson Levine
25. "My whole body sank forward into his arms. His lips moved against mine, exploring my mouth so gently. I tried to mimic his movements--slowly, uncertainly, until I didn't have to think about it at all. It just felt right. He let out a soft moan at my reaction and cupped his hands behind my head, pulling me closer until I couldn't tell where my mouth ended and his began. A liquid sensation swooped throughout my stomach. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever felt and it kept growing, the vibrating heat expanding outward. I was surprised I was still able to stand."
Author: Heather Anastasiu
26. "Not a week after Annie put her foot in Mrs. Huffmaster's duff, the Captain upped and laid down the date."
Author: James McBride
27. "For really it was the refinement of civilized cruelty, this spick, span, and ingenious affair of shining leather and gleaming steel, which hoisted you and tilted you and fitted reassuringly into the small of your back and cupped your head tenderly between padded cushions. It ensured for you a more complete muscular relaxation than any armchair that you could buy for your own home: but it left your tormented nerves without even the solace of a counter-irritant. In the old days the victim's attention had at least been distracted by an ache in the back, a crick in the neck, pins and needles in the legs, and the uneasy tickling of plush under the palm. But now, too efficiently suspended between heaven and earth, you were at liberty to concentrate on hell."
Author: Jan Struther
28. "It doesn't feel swollen," he commented, bending his head torward her ankle again. "Does it hurt at all?""Very little. Not nearly as much as my dignity.""In that case, by tomorrow your ankle and your dignity will probably be fine."Still crouching, he cupped her heel in his left hand and reached over to pick up her sandal with his right. Just as he was about to slip the sandal onto her foot, he glanced up at her and his lazy smile sent Lauren's pulse racing as he asked, "Isn't there some fairy tale about a man who searches for the woman whose foot fits into a glass slipper?"She nodded, her eyes bright. "Cinderella.""What happens to me if this slipper fits?""I turn you into a handsome frog," she guipped."
Author: Judith McNaught
29. "I turned around slowly, and looked up at him. He stiffened and sucked in a shallow breath. After a moment, he touched my cheek."Such naked pain," he whispered.I turned my face into his palm and closed my eyes. His fingers threaded into my hair, cupped my head, and brushed the brand. It heated at his touch. His hand tightened at the base of my skull and squeezed, and he raised me slowly to my tiptoes. I opened my eyes and it was my turn to inhale sharply. Not human. Oh, no, not this man."Never show it to me again." His face was cold, hard, his voice colder."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
30. "In normal families, unbroken families, the mother and the father are like two hands cupped together, and held by those hands are the children. In my family, the hands have pulled apart and the children have been dropped. If one parent isn't looking after you, they just assume the other one is. You find out you don't really belong anywhere."
Author: Kirsty Eagar
31. "Cruz stroked her arms, following them up to her shoulders. "So obedient. Did you know she'd be like this?" "I knew she'd be perfect." Ace cupped her chin and pressed his thumb to her lips. "How much of my cock can you take without choking, angel?" Another prickle of heat washed over"
Author: Kit Rocha
32. "He twisted the bottle, and she watched his mouth, mesmerised both by the visual and sensory impact. His tongue relentless over her clitoris. The base of the green glass bottle cupped in his hand…"
Author: Kitty French
33. "Suicide. A sideways word, a word that people whisper and mutter and cough: a word that must be squeezed out behind cupped palms or murmured behind closed doors. It was only in dreams that I heard the word shouted, screamed."
Author: Lauren Oliver
34. "Some primal force roared inside him, his possessive streak taking charge. He cupped the back of her head, her hair falling over the back of his hand like silk, and tightened his grip. The moment she softened against him, he took control."
Author: Leah Braemel
35. "Lifting his gaze to Graham, he reached over and cupped his cheek. "I'm not much on sharing emotions and crap."
Author: Lia Davis
36. "I could apologize for all the women I knew before you. But I'm not going to.""Didn't ask you to," I said sullenly.His hand slipped under the sheet, gently sweeping over me. "I learned something from every woman I've been with. And I needed to learn a lot before I was ready for you."I scowled. "Why? Because I'm complicated? Difficult?" I fought to keep my breathing steady as he cupped my breast and shaped it.He shook his head. "Because there's so much I want to do for you. So many ways I want to please you." He bent to kiss me, and brushed the tip of his nose against mine in a playful nudge. "Those women were just practice for you.""Good line," I said grudgingly."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
37. "Sam came around the side of the car and stopped dead when he saw me. "Oh my God, what is THAT?" I used my thumb and middle finger to flick the multicolored pom-pom on top of my head. "In my language, we call it a HAT. It keeps my ears warm." "Oh my God," Sam said again, and closed the distance between us. He cupped my face in his hands and studied me. "It's horribly cute." He kissed me, looked at the hat, and then he kissed me again. I vowed never to lose the pom-pom hat."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
38. "He's got his cigarette going. He offers her one; this time she takes it. Brief match-flare insider their cupped hands. Red finger-ends.She thinks, Any more flame and we'd see the bones. It's like X-rays. We're just a kind of haze, just coloured water. Water does what it likes. It always goes downhill."
Author: Margaret Atwood
39. "On top of the good was a hideously ugly bronze statue in the modern style. The statue was of a couple, dressed in togas, wrapped in an embrace. Cupped in their hands was a piece of fruit. I couldn't be sure, because realism did not appear to be the artist's specialty, but it looked to me like a pomegranate."Good God," Frank, who'd trailed after us, said when he saw the statue. "Rector's even sicker than any of us thought. I've never wished I was blind before, like Graves, but I do now, because then I'd never have to look at that again.""Frank," John said, his gaze on my face. "Be quiet.""But what do they do in here?" Frank wanted to know. "Have picnics with their dead relatives and admire their ugly art?"
Author: Meg Cabot
40. "You almost died." "But you brought me back." She cupped his face in her hands. "I always knew you were there. Death didn't have a chance against the Wall."
Author: Nalini Singh
41. "Sweetly, he cupped her cheek and very slowly and deliberately pushed down the bodice of her blouse just a little. She laughed. They kissed. Kissed harder. The warmth between them heated, then blazed—the greatest gift of the Goddess—as Holgar tore off her clothes and—"
Author: Nancy Holder
42. "God, I love men." She got up from the desk, walked to him, cupped his face in her hands andgave him a smacking kiss on the mouth. "You're just so cute."One hard tug on her hand had her tumbling into his lap. An instant later her quick laugh was cutoff, and her heart pounding.He hadn't kissed her this way before, with impatience and heat and hunger all mixed together in anear brutal assault. He hadn't kissed her as if he couldn't get enough. Would never get en"
Author: Nora Roberts
43. "I've upped my standards. Now, up yours."
Author: Pat Paulsen
44. "How stupid, I thought dreamily, to have ever thought I could give this up. Not just the kissing, although, as Archer's hands cupped my face, I had toadmit that part was pretty awesome. But all of it: joking with him and working beside him. Being with a guy who was my friend and could stil makeme feel like this."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
45. "She cried out as he quickly shoved a hand into the front of her panties, the sharp sound becoming a breathless moan when he cupped her warm sex in his palm and gave a predatory growl. Her delicate hands were on the sides of his neck, clutching him to her, her tongue sliding against his in a way that made his blood boil. Heat poured off him in blistering, sweltering waves as he shoved two thick fingers inside the slick, narrow opening of her body, stretching tender tissues, surprised by how perfect and small she felt. By how tightly she gripped him."I knew," he groaned, nipping her mouth with his teeth as he pushed his fingers deeper into that hot, melting honey. "I fucking knew you were going to feel like this."
Author: Rhyannon Byrd
46. "Without direction, the respiratory technician goes to the head of the bed. She takes the tubing, attaches it to the oxygen, and turns it on as high as it will go. She provides a seal with her hand cupped over the plastic mask, over the nose and mouth of the toddler, and methodically provides oxygenated air. Doyle's tiny chest rises and falls while I listen with my stethoscope. I am reaching for another breathing tube."Fib!" Dr. Pedras feels for a pulse while another places gelled pads on her chest."
Author: Ruth McLeod Kearns
47. "I cupped her pale cheek, lightly highlighted with a rosy blush, and kissed her tenderly, savoring the feel of her lips against mine. "You could come with me ? We could do this while we wait.""I'm dreaming...aren't I ?""Yeah, I'm sorry.""Don't be. As far as dreams go, this one's not so bad."
Author: S.C. Stephens
48. "For quite some time now, like the foetus inside a womb, a terrible knowledge had been ripening within me and filling my soul with frightened foreboding: that the Infinite Universe is inflating at incredible speed, like some ridiculous soap bubble. I become obsessed with a miser's piercing anxiety whenever I allow myself to think that the Universe may be slipping out into space, like water through cupped hands, and that, ultimately—perhaps even today, perhaps not till tomorrow or for several light years—it will dissolve for ever into emptiness, as though it were made not of solid matter but only of fleeting sound."
Author: Tadeusz Borowski
49. "Why did you come back here, then? Why risk it? Couldn't you find a place where you wouldn't have any other Packs to deal with?"He cupped my face in his hands, his thumb gently brushing a snowflake from my eyelashes."You know why I came back."My heart started beating against my ribcage as if it was trying to break free. "The fried chicken they serve at The Farmhouse?""I came back for you, Scout."I had to say something. Something clever. Something dazzling. Something to make this moment perfect."I hope the snow sticks."
Author: Tammy Blackwell
50. "Wait," Kaidan called from behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut for a second, but kept walking. Then I felt his hand around my wrist, spinning me in a half circle and pulling me to his chest. His face was so close. He reached down and cupped my face with onewoolly hand, and wiped the top corner of my lip hard with his thumb. I flinched back. "What are you doing?" "I..." He appeared to have no idea himself. "I wanted to see your freckle." A vulnerable tenderness flashed across his face, more painful to see than the coldness. It took every ounce of strength I had not to beg for one last kiss. As fast as his expression had softened, it was back to stone again. "What do you want from me, Kai?" "For starters?" His voice lowered to sexy, dangerous depths. "I want to introduce myself to every freckle on your body." A powerful shiver ripped through me."
Author: Wendy Higgins
Quotes About Upped Pictures