Famous Quotes About Usia
Browse 1063 famous quotes and sayings about Usia.
Top Quotes About Usia
1. "Nilai Kemanusiaan kita ditantang secara kasar manakala keragaman di antara kita dipampatkan secara semena-mena ke dalam satu sistem kategorisasi tunggal yang semena-mena"
Author: Amartya Sen
2. "Aku tak habis mengerti, mengapa orang-orang gampang sekali mengata-ngatai pemerintah. Kalau bicara, sekehendak hatinya saja. Apa mereka kira gampang mengelola negara? Mengurusi ratusan juta manusia? Yang semuanya tak bisa diatur. Kalau mereka sendiri yang disuruh mengurusi negara, takkan becus juga!"
Author: Andrea Hirata
3. "I am hoping the four new players can bring in some energy and fresh enthusiasm because they do not have the baggage that comes from being part of a losing side."
Author: Andy Pick
4. "I'm getting used to this planet and to this curious human culture which is as cheerfully enthusiastic as it is cheerfully crue"
Author: Annie Dillard
5. "As a member of the Protestant British squirearchy ruling Ireland, he was touchy about his Irish origins. When in later life an enthusiastic Gael commended him as a famous Irishman, he replied "A man can be born in a stable, and yet not be an animal."
Author: Arthur Wellesley Wellington
6. ". . .Tell me, Clare: why on earth would a lovely girl like you want to marry Henry?'Everything in the room seems to hold its breath. Henry stiffens but doesn't say anything. I lean forward and smile at Mr. DeTamble and say, with enthusiasm, as though he has asked me what flavor of ice cream I like best: 'Because he's really, really good in bed.' In the kitchen there's a howl of laughter. Mr. DeTamble glances at Henry, who raises his eyebrows and grins, and finally even Mr. DeTamble smiles, and says 'Touché, my dear."
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
7. "Genius is always accompanied by enthusiasm."
Author: Bryant McGill
8. "I am a democrat [proponent of democracy] because I believe in the Fall of Man.I think most people are democrats for the opposite reason. A great deal of democratic enthusiasm descends from the ideas of people like Rousseau, who believed in democracy because they thought mankind so wise and good that every one deserved a share in the government.The danger of defending democracy on those grounds is that they're not true. . . . I find that they're not true without looking further than myself. I don't deserve a share in governing a hen-roost. Much less a nation. . . .The real reason for democracy is just the reverse. Mankind is so fallen that no man can be trusted with unchecked power over his fellows. Aristotle said that some people were only fit to be slaves. I do not contradict him. But I reject slavery because I see no men fit to be masters."
Author: C.S. Lewis
9. "Celibacy,fasting, penance, mortification, self-denial, humility, silence, solitude and the whole train of monkish virtues...Stupify the understanding and harden the heart, obscure the fancy and sour the temper...A gloomy hair-brained enthusiast, after his death, may have a place in the calendar, but will scarcely ever be admitted, when alive, into intimacy and society, except by those who are as delerious and dismal as himself."
Author: David Hume
10. "Geniuses are those who have the intelligence, enthusiasm, and endurance to acquire the needed expertise in a broadly valued domain of achievement and who then make contributions to that field that are considered by peers to be both original and highly exemplary."
Author: Dean Keith Simonton
11. "Keep in mind the roots of violence: Lust, envy, anger, avarice, and vengeance...the taproot...the killer's ultimate and truest motivation...is the hatred of truth...the hatred of truth is a vice. From it comes pride and an enthusiasm for disorder."
Author: Dean Koontz
12. "Bila manusia memiliki cinta dengan segala kesejatian, bersiap-siaplah menjadi pribadi yang sarat dengan keajaiban. Bergetar dalam silaturhami. Cinta. Energi. Kehidupan.(Mayasmara)"
Author: Dian Nafi A Rt Gus Faizal
13. "I thought in terms of the enthusiasm of doing it. I didn't think about whether I was ready."
Author: Elmer Bernstein
14. "I sat there thinking this had to be the pits. I was afraid that I had become fed up with life, that I would never ever feel enthusiasm again."
Author: Erlend Loe
15. "I became quite successful very young, and it was mainly because I was so enthusiastic and I just worked so hard at it."
Author: Francis Ford Coppola
16. "Ambition is enthusiasm with a purpose."
Author: Frank Tyger
17. "Rutina yra sudaryta iš ketvirtadienio vakaro pietu, fotosesiju savaites, trumpu draugišku žinuciu internete, naujos gražios mergaites, batu, nemiegotu naktu – galiausiai nebelieka laiko gyventi."
Author: Gabija Grušaite
18. "China approaches fashion with strong enthusiasm. And I believe that this enthusiasm can be translated into something interesting, economically speaking. Not only for my brand, but also for other brands."
Author: Giorgio Armani
19. "Užtemimas jiems buvo nuostabumo priešingybe. Atrode paprasciausiai teisinga, kad dangus ir Dievas paminejo ju sielvarta."
Author: Guillermo Del Toro
20. "In his earliest youth, he had drawn inspiration from really bad authors, as you may have seen from his style; as he grew older, he lost his taste for them, but the excellent authors just didn't fill him with the same enthusiasm"
Author: Gustave Flaubert
21. "Someone to whom jokes are never told soon contracts enthusiasm deficiency."
Author: Hanif Kureishi
22. "Expensive illogicalities and inefficiencies do not worry the monsters of American bureaucracy, and the taxpayers are enthusiastic and eager to spend fortunes in the name of fighting crime. Prison places cost the US taxpayer more than university places. The American belief that prisons are the best way to combat crime has led to an incarceration rate that is at least five times that of almost any industrialised nation. Overcrowding is endemic. Conditions are appalling, varying from windowless, sensory-deprived isolation to barren futile brutality."
Author: Howard Marks
23. "Aku menulis untuk membaca kehidupan. Aku menulis untuk berkaca. Aku menulis untuk melepaskan air mata. Aku menulis untuk menjadikanku manusia. Aku menulis untuk membunuh malam. Aku menulis untuk memaknai hidup. Aku menulis untuk bersyukur. Aku menulis karena menulis menyembuhkan. Aku menulis untuk merapikan masa lalu. Aku menulis karena kata-kata bisa menguatkan. Aku menulis untuk menggali hati nurani."
Author: Iwan Setyawan
24. "She can hear me?" "She probably can. I think so." I put his hand on Nana's and my hand on top of his. "Go ahead." "Hi, Nana!" he said as if Nana were hard of hearing, and it was difficult not to laugh. "Inside-the-house voice, buddy," Bree said. "But good enthusiasm there. I'll bet Nana heard you."
Author: James Patterson
25. "The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come."
Author: James Whitcomb Riley
26. "When one was full of energy and enthusiasm the world was an apple, the future was way beyond the horizon and only the present was pertinent."
Author: Jeff Tikari
27. "In the realm of ideas, everything depends on enthusiasm. ... In the real world, all rests on perseverance."
Author: Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
28. "Spring work is going on with joyful enthusiasm."
Author: John Muir
29. "God is pursuing with omnipotent passion a worldwide purpose of gathering joyful worshipers for Himself from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. He has an inexhaustible enthusiasm for the supremacy of His name among the nations. Therefore, let us bring our affections into line with His, and, for the sake of His name, let us renounce the quest for worldly comforts and join His global purpose."
Author: John Piper
30. "My weakness consists in not having a discriminating eye for the incidental --- for the externals, --- no eye for the hod of the rag-picker or the fine linen of the next mean. Next man---that's it. I have met so many men." he pursued, with momentary sadness--- "met them too with a certain, certain impact, let us say; like this fellow, for instance--- and in each case all I could see was merely a human being. A confounded democratic quality of vision which may be better than total blindness, but has been of no advantage to me-- I can assure you. Men expect one to take into account their fine linen. But I never could get up any enthusiasm about these things. Oh! It's a failing; and then comes a soft evening; a lot of men too indolent for whist-- and a story...." [p.44]"
Author: Joseph Conrad
31. "Aku berjalan menyusuri rak-rak perpustakaan. Buku-buku tersebut memunggungiku. Tak seperti manusia yang ingin berjarak denganku, buku-buku itu malah menawarkan diri untuk memperkenalkan diri mereka. Bermeter-meter jajaran buku yang yang tak akan pernah mampu kubaca. Dan aku tahu; apa yang ada disini adalah kehidupan yang merupakan pelengkap kehidupanku, yang menanti untuk dimanfaatkan. Tetapi hari-hari berlalu, dan kesempatan itu tetap tak tergapai----terabaikan. Salah satu buku ini mungkin benar-benar bisa mengubah hidupku. Siapakah aku sekarang? Siapakah sebenarnya aku?"
Author: Jostein Gaarder
32. "There's timing. And then there's also certain people at the record company who worked incredibly hard and were incredibly enthusiastic about what I was doing."
Author: Mary Chapin Carpenter
33. "How you doing at 26 Fed?" "I'm growing and learning, meeting new challenges with confidence and enthusiasm while developing good work ethics and people skills." "I'm surprised they haven't fired your ass." "Me too."
Author: Nelson DeMille
34. "[I love my work] intensely — I wouldn't be in it if I ever stopped loving it, I would shift it and go over into something else. … I don't think life is worth living unless you're doing something you love completely, so that you get out of bed in the morning and want to rush to do it. If you're doing something mediocre, if you're doing something to fill in time, life really isn't worth living. … I can't understand people not living at the top of their emotions constantly, living with their enthusiasms, living with some sense of joy, some sense of creativity — I don't care how small a level it is. … I don't care what field it is though, and there's gotta be a field for everyone, doesn't there?"
Author: Ray Bradbury
35. "Nico di Angelo came into Olympus to a hero's welcome, his father right behind him, despite the fact that Hades was only supposed to visit Olympus in winter solstice. The God of the dead looked stunned when his relatives clapped him on the back. I doubt he'd ever got such an enthusiastic welcome before."
Author: Rick Riordan
36. "Happiness supports enthusiasm and empowers creativity and initiative.Happiness makes you a better person in your private, family, and work spheres.Happiness keeps you healthy and lets you stick to your plans. Cultivate happiness as the most precious flower in your Garden. - From HAPPY DIVORCE, by Rossana CondoleogardenRossana Condoleo"
Author: Rossana Condoleo
37. "I was a nervous young man. I wanted to do so many things. And I was so enthusiastic and earnestly in love with so many things that I tried too hard. I tried really, really hard. And I made a lot of mistakes. I was afraid of a lot of stuff. And I kind of feel bad for that person I was."
Author: Ryan Adams
38. "Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul."
Author: Samuel Ullman
39. "After I was diagnosed with celiac disease, I said yes to food, with great enthusiasm. . . . I vowed to taste everything I could eat, rather than focusing on what I could not."
Author: Shauna James Ahern
40. "Menkiausia smulkmena, kritusi i smegenu dirvožemi, gali išaugti i siaubinga monstra. Golemas iš nežinios molio. Nulipdytas iš netikrumo ir baimes. Milžinas, atsisukantis prieš savo kureja."
Author: Sigitas Parulskis
41. "Pendidikan harusnya membentuk manusia menjadi mahluk yang humanis, bukan seorang premanis."
Author: Stebby Julionatan
42. "The truth is -- we are always highly motivated when something means a great deal to us. If I fell into a deep lake and I didn't know how to swim, I would become highly motivated in an instant. Climbing from the lake would mean more to me than anything else in the world. My effort would be no less than astounding and I would suddenly become one of the most excited and enthusiastic persons imaginable."
Author: Steve Goodier
43. "Bagiku, El, omong kosong jika para petinggi agama mengatakan bahwa agama tidak ada urusannya dengan akal. Buat apa manusia dianugerahi otak jika untuk mengenali Pencipta Otak itu, dia tidak boleh menggunakan otaknya? Menurutku, agama selalu memberi kesempatan kepada para pemeluknya untuk memilah mana yang harus dia pastikan dengan akalnya, mana yang cukup dipercaya begitu saja. (Kashva to Elyas, MLPH: 126)"
Author: Tasaro G.K.
44. "A major fault, for example, is the fact that, along with the materialist principle, Darwin introduced into his theory of evolution reactionary Malthusian ideas."
Author: Trofim Lysenko
45. "The women laughed and wept; the crowd stamped their feet enthusiastically, for at that moment Quasimodo was really beautiful. He was handsome — this orphan, this foundling, this outcast."
Author: Victor Hugo
46. "What color is in a picture, enthusiasm is in life."
Author: Vincent Van Gogh
47. "But, as I have said, the bugs had no interest in getting us…and no great curiosity or enthusiasm about us as such; from the cowardly cockroaches to the blind stolid ants they wanted only to be left alone to eat and breed and eat and breed, just like us."
Author: William T. Vollmann
48. "Manusia itu lebih berani menghadapi apa pun kalau melakukannya demi orang yang dia sayangi."
Author: Windhy Puspitadewi
49. "Kokia teise jis turi ka nors teisti? Žinoma, kažkiek jis iš tikruju yra kaltas, kad teise beveik visus, kuriuos sutikdavo, ir daug tu, kuriu ne nebuvo mates. Makas žinojo, kad didžiausia jo kalte - jo egocentrizmas. Tad kaip jis gali teisti kita? Visi jo vertinimai - paviršutiniški, paremti išvaizda ir elgesiu, kuriuos galima aiškinti taip, kad pasijustum pranašesnis, saugesnis arba kokios nors grupes dalis. Jam taip pat buvo aišku, kad jis bijo."
Author: Wm. Paul Young
50. "You can succeed at almost anything for which you have unbridled enthusiasm."
Author: Zig Ziglar
Quotes About Usia Pictures