Famous Quotes About Utilizing Resources
Browse 31 famous quotes and sayings about Utilizing Resources.
Top Quotes About Utilizing Resources
1. "The phantom of the man-who-would-understand,the lost brother, the twin ---for him did we leave our mothers,deny our sisters, over and over?did we invent him, conjure himover the charring log,nights, late, in the snowbound cabindid we dream or scry his facein the liquid embers,the man-who-would-dare-to-know-us?It was never the rapist:it was the brother, lost,the comrade/twin whose palmwould bear a lifeline like our own:decisive, arrowy,forked-lightning of insatiate desireIt was never the crude pestle, the blindramrod we were after:merely a fellow-creaturewith natural resources equal to our own."
Author: Adrienne Rich
2. "Whether we accept it or not, this will likely be the century that determines what the optimal human population is for our planet. It will come about in one of two ways: Either we decide to manage our own numbers, to avoid a collision of every line on civilization's graph - or nature will do it for us, in the form of famines, thirst, climate chaos, crashing ecosystems, opportunistic disease, and wars over dwindling resources that finally cut us down to size."
Author: Alan Weisman
3. "I want to stay hungry. I really believe my resources are best used to help projects that make the world suck less."
Author: Alexis Ohanian
4. "In many U.S. schools, sports instilled leadership and persistence in one group of kids while draining focus and resources from academics for everyone. The lesson wasn't that sports couldn't coexist with education; it was that sports had nothing to do with education."
Author: Amanda Ripley
5. "Ideas first and last: yet it is not till these are formulated and utilized that the devotees of the common sense discern their value and advantages. The idealist is the capitalist on whose resources multitudes are maintained life long. Ideas in the head set hands about their several tasks, thus carrying forward all human endeavors to their issues."
Author: Amos Bronson Alcott
6. "My number-one theory in life is that style is proportional to your lack of resources - the less you have, the more stylish you're likely to be."
Author: Beth Ditto
7. "We have to preserve it and use it sustainably. And the short-term use of resources at the destruction of the long-term heritage of this country is not a policy that we can pursue."
Author: Bruce Babbitt
8. "The sovereign hand that created your frame, and put life into it, has provided you with other resources than your feeble self, or than creatures feeble as you. Besides this earth, and besides the race of men, there is an invisible world and a kingdom of spirits: that world is round us, for it is everywhere; and those spirits watch us, for they are commissioned to guard us; and if we were dying in pain and shame, if scorn smote us on all sides, and hatred crushed us, angels see our tortures, recognise our innocence (if innocent we be. . .)"
Author: Charlotte Brontë
9. "You must all be aware that modern war is not a mere matter of military operations. It involves the whole strength and all the resources of the nation. Not only soldiers, but also all citizens without exception, take part."
Author: Chiang Kai Shek
10. "Students must develop relationships with reading peers and use online, print, and other resources to inform their book choices, or they will not develop the confidence and capacity they need to self-select books successfully."
Author: Donalyn Miller
11. "I have an unshaken conviction that democracy can never be undermined if we maintain our library resources and a national intelligence capable of utilizing them."[Letter to Herbert Putnam; in: Waters, Edward N.: Herbert Putnam: the tallest little man in the world; Quarterly Journal of the Library of Congress 33:2 (April 1976), p. 171]"
Author: Franklin D. Roosevelt
12. "Veganism is an act of nonviolent defiance. It is our statement that we reject the notion that animals are things and that we regard sentient nonhumans as moral persons with the fundamental moral right not to be treated as the property or resources of humans."
Author: Gary L. Francione
13. "By writing her self, woman will return to the body which has been more than confiscated from her, which has been turned into the uncanny stranger on display - the ailing or dead figure, which so often turns out to be the nasty companion, the cause and location of inhibitions. Censor the body and you censor breath and speech at the same time. Write your self. Your body must be heard. Only then will the immense resources of the unconscious spring forth."
Author: Hélène Cixous
14. "Everybody needs history but the people who need it most are poor folks - people without resources or options."
Author: Henry Hampton
15. "Imperialism creates the illusion of wealth as far as the masses are concerned. It usually serves to hide the fact that the ruling classes are gobbling up the natural resources of the home territory in an improvident manner and are otherwise utilizing the national wealth largely for their own purposes. Eventually the general public is called upon to pay for all of this, frequently after the military machine can no longer maintain external aggression."
Author: Jack D. Forbes
16. "Our assistance in Somalia has been remarkably effective and successful, and we have helped with very small resources - a large group of people and we can now do even more."
Author: Jan Egeland
17. "To have that sense of one's intrinsic worth which constitutes self-respect is potentially to have everything: the ability to discriminate, to love and to remain indifferent. To lack it is to be locked within oneself, paradoxically incapable of either love or indifference. If we do not respect ourselves, we are on the one hand forced to despise those who have so few resources as to consort with us, so little perception as to remain blind to our fatal weaknesses. On the other, we are pecularily in thrall to everyone we see, curiously determined to live out - since our self-image is untenable - their false notions of us..."
Author: Joan Didion
18. "Business, labor and civil society organizations have skills and resources that are vital in helping to build a more robust global community."
Author: Kofi Annan
19. "Law and order is a social service. Crime and the fear which the threat of crime induces can paralyse whole communities, keep lonely and vulnerable elderly people shut up in their homes, scar young lives and raise to cult status the swaggering violent bully who achieves predatory control over the streets. I suspect that there would be more support and less criticism than today's political leaders imagine for a large shift of resources from Social Security benefits to law and order - as long as rhetoric about getting tough on crime was matched by practice."
Author: Margaret Thatcher
20. "I think the best American poetry is the poetry that utilizes the resources of poetry rather than exploits the defects or triumphs of the poet's personality."
Author: Mark Strand
21. "The general proposition is that the resources that will be utilized are the ones that contribute most to the overall efficiency of the production system. The third parameter has to do with our commercial world, our search for profits."
Author: Marvin Harris
22. "And, in fact, you can find that the lack of basic resources, material resources, contributes to unhappiness, but the increase in material resources do not increase happiness."
Author: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
23. "Madam Speaker, I have spent more than half my life as a member of the Resources Committee. In that time I have supported numerous wilderness designations. In fact, I cannot recall ever opposing a wilderness bill."
Author: Nick Rahall
24. "It had been a winter of deadening seriousness, when all the illusions and bright dreams of my early twenties had withered and died. I did not yet have the interior resources to dream new dreams; I was far too busy mourning the death of the old ones and wondering how I was to survive without them. I was sure I could replace them somehow , but was not sure I could restore their brassy luster or dazzling impress ."
Author: Pat Conroy
25. "As you may know, I'm the co-founder and co-chairman of an asteroid company called Planetary Resources that is backed by a group of eight billionaires to implement the bold mission of extracting resources from near-Earth asteroids."
Author: Peter Diamandis
26. "Do what you love and the necessary resources will follow."
Author: Peter McWilliams
27. "I would like the Medical Society to be one of the resources for information about the influences that have an impact on our patients and our practices."
Author: Samuel Wilson
28. "My goal was to do the best job I could in governing the state of Wisconsin, in some cases making very tough decisions to have to bring our spending in line with the resources we had at the state level."
Author: Scott McCallum
29. "The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others"
Author: Theodore Roosevelt
30. "With whatever talent and resources I have, I'm trying to bring light to penetrate the darkness many people feel."
Author: Thomas Kincade
31. "The only way you multiply resources is with technology. To really affect poverty, energy, health, education, or anything else - there is no other way."
Author: Vinod Khosla
Quotes About Utilizing Resources Pictures