Famous Quotes About Versatile
Browse 40 famous quotes and sayings about Versatile.
Top Quotes About Versatile
1. "I always loved Sam Cooke, because he seemed very versatile. He sang gospel, soul, blues, pop music."
Author: Aaron Neville
2. "Water never waits. It changes shape and floes around things, and finds the secret paths no one else thought about __ the tiny hole through the roof or the bottom of a box. There's no doubt it's the most versatile of the five elements. It can wash away earth, it can put out fire; it can wear a piece of metal down and can sweep it away. Even wood, which is its natural complement, can'survive without being nurtured by water."
Author: Arthur Golden
3. "The most versatile lipstick you can own is a shade that's just a bit brighter than your natural lip color."
Author: Bobbi Brown
4. "I guess I'd like to have my cake and eat it, too. I want to be known for having a recognizable style. I believe having your own personal identity is what makes you competitive. On the other hand, I would like to be versatile and be challenged to go in new directions."
Author: Cliff Martinez
5. "Cantonese, which has up to nine tones as opposed to the five in Mandarin, is much more versatile and one of the richest dialects in Chinese."
Author: David Tang
6. "Non faccio parte di quegli esaltati che sognano la realtà invece di vederla o che l'agghindano come un'amante lontana e appena intravista: la rivestono di mille qualità, mille parole non pronunciate, mille intenzioni inconfessate che concorrono alla loro felicità, mille silenzi che avranno una loro favorevole spiegazione. No, io non sono uno di questi amanti immaginari, fabbricatori di bellezza, artigiani di bontà, doratori dell'ideale, demiurghi della felicità. La realtà, io la conosco; peggio ancora, la sospetto. Mi attendo sempre che sia peggiore di quanto sembri, più violenta, più sinuosa, più torturata, ambigua, capziosa, vendicativa, interessata, egoista, tirchia, aggressiva, ingiusta, versatile, indifferente, vana; in una parola: più deludente. Di conseguenza io non abbandono la realtà, io la bracco, le resto attaccato al culo, faccio la posta a ogni sua debolezza e cattivo odore, la spremo sino a farne sprizzare il suo succo immondo. (da Il Vangelo secondo Pilato, pag. 101)"
Author: Éric Emmanuel Schmitt
7. "Blonde movie stars in the 1950s seem to have been pretty much divided between breathy bombshells (Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield) and slim, elegant swans (Grace Kelly, Eva Marie Saint). Producers didn't really know what to do with Judy Holliday, a brilliant, versatile actress who simply didn't fit into any easy category. Though she left behind a handful of delightful films, one can't help feeling a sense of waste that her gifts were not better handled by Hollywood (or, for that matter, by Broadway). Perhaps, like Lucille Ball, Judy Holliday would have blossomed with a really good sitcom; but, unlike Lucy, she never got one."
Author: Eve Golden
8. "The idea of recognising your strengths and using them in as versatile a way as you can is cool to me."
Author: Frank Ocean
9. "My talents fall within definite limitations. I am not as versatile an actress as some think."
Author: Greta Garbo
10. "[José] Saramago for the last 25 years stood his own with any novelist of the Western world [..] He was the equal of Philip Roth, Gunther Grass, Thomas Pynchon and Don DeLillo. His genius was remarkably versatile — he was at once a great comic and a writer of shocking earnestness and grim poignancy. It is hard to believe he will not survive."
Author: Harold Bloom
11. "He had a marvelously versatile gift for forgetting things."
Author: Heywood Broun
12. "I'm pretty versatile. I'm able to adapt to an environment and the way I view things based on who I'm with."
Author: Jake T. Austin
13. "I look at some of the old villains in the Disney movies. If you really listen, you can hear some of the villains or some of the supporting characters, they use the voices over and over because they were so versatile in the way that they performed on voiceovers."
Author: Jennifer Stone
14. "1. Find your own style and have the courage to stick to it.2. Choose your clothes for your way of life.3. Make your wardrobe as versatile as an actress. It should be able to play many roles.4. Find your happiest colours - the ones that make you feel good.5. Care for your clothes, like the good friends they are!"
Author: Joan Crawford
15. "People may be persuaded that the machine is doing good. In fact, good is only capable of being done on a small scale. Evil is more versatile. You can hate those you have never seen, all the vast multitudes of them, but you can only love those you know — and that with difficulty."
Author: John Christopher
16. "In via Belgrano presi un tassì; insonne, invasato, quasi felice, pensai che nulla è meno materiale del denaro, giacché qualsiasi momenta (una moneta da venti centesimi, ad esempio) è, a rigore, un repertorio di futuri possibili. Il denaro è un ente astratto, ripetei, è tempo futuro. Può essere un pomeriggio in campagna, può essere musica di Brahms, può essere carte geografiche, può essere giuoco di scacchi, può essere caffé, può essere le parole di Epitteto, che insegnano il disprezzo dell'oro; è un Proteo più versatile di quello dell'isola Pharos."
Author: Jorge Luis Borges
17. "Time is a most versatile resource. It flies, marches on, works wonders, and will tell. It also runs out."
Author: Kathryn Alesandrini
18. "Life is the most versatile thing under the sun; and in the pursuit of life and character the author who works in a groove works in blinkers."
Author: Laurence Housman
19. "I mean, full stops are quite important, aren't they? Yet by contrast to the versatile apostrophe, they are stolid little chaps, to say the least. In fact one might dare to say that while the full stop is the lumpen male of the punctuation world (do one job at a time; do it well; forget about it instantly), the apostrophe is the frantically multi-tasking female, dotting hither and yon, and succumbing to burn-out from all the thankless effort."
Author: Lynne Truss
20. "I pick my actors primarily based on my gut-feel. They could be rank newcomers or established stars, but if I feel they'll do justice to my characters, they are on. I think Bollywood is now looking towards Kollywood for new faces, and, to my mind, Suriya will be a very successful crossover star because he's very versatile."
Author: Madhur Bhandarkar
21. "For me, brunch is such a versatile meal since you can play on both the sweet and savory in your dishes."
Author: Marcus Samuelsson
22. "I want my handbags and my shoes to be stylish but I want to make sure that they're versatile. I travel and I have to make sure the pieces I put into my bag can go with a dress or with shorts or jeans."
Author: Maria Sharapova
23. "With a touch of sarcasm. "Glass is an amazing material. Versatile,"
Author: Maria V. Snyder
24. "Before you speak... I have already heard. Before you see... I had seen a million times. Before you reach... I came and departed, so is the way and life of a versatile soul."
Author: Michael Bassey Johnson
25. "We took space back quickly, expensively, with total panic and close to maximum brutality. Our machine was devastating. And versatile. It could do everything but stop."
Author: Michael Herr
26. "On Pt. K.L. MisraPanditji lived a full life replete with achievements and honours. He was such a versatile and noble man that the like of him may not be born again. - Shanti Bhushan, Senior Advocate"
Author: Munindra Misra
27. "Panditji lived a full life replete with achievements and honours. He was such a versatile and noble man that the like of him may not be born again.'Sri Shanti Bhushan, Advocate"
Author: Munindra Misra
28. "The [Five Second Rule] has many variations, including The Three Second Rule, The Seven Second Rule, and the extremely handy and versatile The However Long It Takes Me to Pick Up This Food Rule."
Author: Neil Pasricha
29. "My music is very versatile, very mixed."
30. "The word thing is an interesting word. At first glance it looks like the front half of one word combined with the last half of another. It's a versatile word. It can be good, as in, "what a nice thing," or "she has a thing for you." Or it can be bad, like "the thing under the bed," or "here's the thing, you're fired and you smell bad." Add an "s" to the back end of it and it becomes something that most people in the world can't get enough of. Things People love things. They collect things. They store things. They cherish things and then move on and cherish other things. People also buy things. Some buy a lot of things simply because their neighbors have those same things--which is a weird thing if you really think about it. It's remarkable what we'll do for the sake of things when in reality things couldn't care less about us."
Author: Obert Skye
31. "I'd like to consider myself a versatile skater and I like to skate to different kinds of music."
Author: Oksana Baiul
32. "Perhaps the most versatile and useful plug-in in the collection is Mass Copy. It is certainly the one I use the most. Due to limitations in how plugins can interact with Finale, Mass Copy has a somewhat unusual user interface."
Author: Robert Patterson
33. "I've directed things that other people have written before, and I've written things and given them to other directors. So I'm very versatile in terms of that, and I enjoy all of it."
Author: Ryan Coogler
34. "I mainly use Stratocasters. I like a lot of different kinds of guitars, but for what I do, it seems that a Stratocaster is the most versatile. I can pretty much get any sound out of it, and I use stock pickups."
Author: Stevie Ray Vaughan
35. "That --ing zombie is going to end up on the end of a couple of --ing handy and versatile kebab skewers,' said Mr Tulip. 'An' then I'm gonna put an edge on this --ing spatula. An' then... then I'm gonna get medieval on his arse.'There were more pressing problems, but this one intrigued Mr Pin.'How, exactly?' he said.'I thought maybe a maypole,' said Mr Tulip reflectively. 'An' then a display of country dancing, land tillage under the three-filed system, several plagues and, if my --ing hand ain't too tired, the invention of the --ing horse collar."
Author: Terry Pratchett
36. "I feel most comfortable keeping versatile when it comes to music genres."
Author: Thia Megia
37. "It's not that I'm being shy. It's just that -- well, for one, I don't even remember the event. It's a blank: a white slate, a black hole. I have vague images, half-impressions: of being, or having been -- or, more precisely, being about to be -- hit; blue light; railings; lights of other colours; being held above some kind of tray or bed. But who's to say that these are genuine memories? Who's to say my traumatized mind didn't just make them up, or pull them out from somewhere else, some other slot, and stick them there to plug the gap -- the crater -- that the accident had blown? Minds are versatile and wily things. Real chancers."
Author: Tom McCarthy
38. "Mockingbirds are the true artists of the bird kingdom. Which is to say, although they're born with a song of their own, an innate riff that happens to be one of the most versatile of all ornithological expressions, mocking birds aren't content to merely play the hand that is dealt them. Like all artists, they are out to rearrange reality. Innovative, willful, daring, not bound by the rules to which others may blindly adhere, the mockingbird collects snatches of birdsong from this tree and that field, appropriates them, places them in new and unexpected contexts, recreates the world from the world. For example, a mockingbird in South Carolina was heard to blend the songs of thirty-two different kinds of birds into a ten-minute performance, a virtuoso display that serve no practical purpose, falling, therefore, into the realm of pure art."
Author: Tom Robbins
39. "Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive. This facility makes it the most versatile and explicit means of communication yet devised for quick mass appreciation."
Author: Walt Disney Company
40. "The CFL made me a more versatile QB because of all the things you had to do once you got on the field. And if I wasn't as versatile as I was, I wouldn't have been as successful in all the different offenses that I was in, in the NFL."
Author: Warren Moon
Quotes About Versatile Pictures