Famous Quotes About Vibrate
Browse 82 famous quotes and sayings about Vibrate.
Top Quotes About Vibrate
1. "Rainer Maria Rilke greeted and wrestled with the angels of his Duino Elegies in the solitude of a castle surrounded by white cliffs tall trees and the sea. I greeted most of mine in the solitude of a house that still vibrated with the throbs of a singular life that had helped shape many lives and with the ache of attempts to render useful service to that life. The River of Winged Dreams was therefore constructed as a link between dimensions of past and future emotions and intellect and matter and spirit."
2. "Why did you save Mahmoud?" Killian's voice was so low she almost didn't hear him."Instinct," she muttered sleepily. "I certainly wasn't about to save you"His laugh vibrated through his leg, through her body. "Of course not. Mahmoud's grateful."
Author: Anne Stuart
3. "The tension is making him practically vibrate."
Author: Bethany Griffin
4. "I recalled that inward sensation I had experienced: for I could recall it, with all its unspeakable strangeness. I recalled the voice I had heard; again I questioned whence it came, as vainly as before: it seemed in ME--not in the external world. I asked was it a mere nervous impression--a delusion? I could not conceive or believe: it was more like an inspiration. The wondrous shock of feeling had come like the earthquake which shook the foundations of Paul and Silas's prison; it had opened the doors of the soul's cell and loosed its bands--it had wakened it out of its sleep, whence it sprang trembling, listening, aghast; then vibrated thrice a cry on my startled ear, and in my quaking heart and through my spirit, which neither feared nor shook, but exulted as if in joy over the success of one effort it had been privileged to make, independent of the cumbrous body."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
5. "My phone started to vibrate and I flipped it open. Yes, I'm the only person that doesn't have an iPhone.The phone talked to me. "Jackson, how's it going?""Hi, Echo. Veeva Stackpoole's here."Silence. "What does she want?""Well, at first she wanted me to run away with her and get a lot of plastic surgery - ""Oooo, can I come too?" she said. I love Echo so much."Hey, Veeva, Echo wants to come. Is that okay?"Veeva sneered and said, "Asshole...""Echo it doesn't look like we're going to go now. Veeva doesn't want to."
Author: Dan Ahearn
6. "Nearly every night before I go to bed I ask myself, "Have I vibrated in tune with the Infinite today, or have I failed?"
Author: Don Marquis
7. "I don't feel a day older when it comes to my approach to music or what gets me off than when I was a teenager. I've always been into different kinds of stuff and when I play I like to play loud. I like my arm hairs to move and I like my body to vibrate 'cause I like the feel of it; I'm still a teenager at heart."
Author: Eddie Van Halen
8. "One of the basic things about a string is that it can vibrate in many different shapes or forms, which gives music its beauty."
Author: Edward Witten
9. "Having those extra dimensions and therefore many ways the string can vibrate in many different directions turns out to be the key to being able to describe all the particles that we see."
Author: Edward Witten
10. "Every action in our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity."
Author: Edwin Hubbel Chapin
11. "They Lied"They lied, my friend. They injected their despair beneath your skin like a parasitic insect laying eggs in the body of another species.Nothing they said is true,everything about you is honorable. Every porethat opens and closes—a multitudealong the expanse of your body, thefollicles from which hair sproutsemerging again and again like spiders' flossspun from a limitless source.You wait, huddled. Or carry yourself fromplace to place like a burden. As ifyou would stash yourself, if you could,in a bus station locker, or somewhere smaller.You don't really hope, butyou can't give it up completely.Some stubborn nuggetis lodged like a bullet in bone.Though each breath stings with the coldsuck of it, you can know the truth.Every cell of your body vibrates with its own intelligence.Every atom is pure."
Author: Ellen Bass
12. "Chords that were broken will vibrate once more."
Author: Fanny Crosby
13. "Except for the sound of the rain, on the road, on the roofs, on the umbrella, there was absolute silence: only the dying moan of the sirens continued for a moment or two to vibrate within the ear. It seemed to Scobie later that this was the ultimate border he had reached in happiness: being in darkness, alone, with the rain falling, without love or pity."
Author: Graham Greene
14. "Suddenly I shouted into the night air. 'Yes, yes, yes, it is true!"And now the world had some tension in it; now it twanged and vibrated with meaning and possibility! 'Yes, yes, fucking yes!"
Author: Hanif Kureishi
15. "But my whole body is one pain. I cannot stand on my legs anymore. I stagger. I fall back on my bed. My eyes close and fill with smarting tears. I want to be crucified on the wall, but I cannot. My body becomes heavier and heavier and filled with sharper pain. My flesh is enraged against me.I hear voices through the wall. The next room vibrates with a distant sound, a mist of sound which scarcely comes through the wall.I shall not be able to listen anymore, or look into the room, or hear anything distinctly. And I, who have not cried since my childhood, I cry now like a child because of all that I shall never have. I cry over lost beauty and grandeur. I love everything that I should have embraced."
Author: Henri Barbusse
16. "Inside me there was everything I had believed was outside. There was, in particular, the sun, light, and all colors. There were even the shapes of objects and the distance between objects. Everything was there and movement as well… Light is an element that we carry inside us and which can grow there with as much abundance, variety, and intensity as it can outside of us…I could light myself…that is, I could create a light inside of me so alive, so large, and so near that my eyes, my physical eyes, or what remained of them, vibrated, almost to the point of hurting… God is there under a form that has the good luck to be neither religious, not intellectual, nor sentimental, but quite simply alive."
Author: Jacques Lusseyran
17. "The door vibrated with the soft bump of Travis'' forehead against the door. "I don't want you leave, but I wouldn't blame you if you did."
Author: Jamie McGuire
18. "Odd choice of a word, isn't it? Fish is either singular, or plural. Imagine my surprise when I walked in the study and found not one fish in a tiny fish bowl, but an entire aquarium."She practically vibrated for the need to fight. "Otto was lonely and you were practicing animal cruelty. He was too isolated. Now, he has friends and a place to swim." "Yes, nice little tunnels and rocks and algae to play hide and seek with his buddies."
Author: Jennifer Probst
19. "...when I met you, you were so beautiful, the air around you vibrated with color ..."
Author: John Geddes
20. "Amy felt her phone vibrate. She held it up. It was from Ian.DON'T ASK THE PRICE OF ANYTHING. DON'T SMILE. DON'T SAY "DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING CHEAPER?" DON'TAmy shoved the phone back in her pocket. "Just pretend to be Ian," she told Dan."
Author: Jude Watson
21. "It happens when I get really excited. The more excited I get, the more I vibrate.""Now there's a thought," Lor says."If you mean what I think you mean, you want to shut the fuck up and never think it again," Ryodan says."Just saying, boss," Lor says. "You can't tell me you didn't think it, too."I never understand half of what these dudes are talking about and don't care. "You can touch me if you want to," I say to Lor magnanimously. I'm so pumped on adrenaline and excitement that I'm feeling downright sociable. I poke one of my shoulders toward him. "Check me out. It feels really cool."All heads swivel my way, then they look back at Ryodan."He doesn't own my fecking shoulder. Why you looking at him?"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
22. "The more excited I get, the more I vibrate.""Now there's a thought," Lor says."If you mean what I think you mean, you want to shut the fuck up and never think it again," Ryodan says."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
23. "His hands grabbed my shoulders firmly and yanked me across the few feet that separated us. "Trent, you, mmmph," I managed to get out as he stole a kiss, a wild, wonderful, passionate kiss.His lips were heavy on mine, an erotic mix of demand and softness. My hands against his shoulders were set to push him back, but I couldn't, shocked at the sudden surge of desire that burst from my core, flaring through me like flash paper.Eyes closed, my back hit the counter.Emotion vibrated up through me. My hands clenched on him and my eyes opened. Heart thudding in my chest, I shoved him back and away. Oh God, it was a fabulous kiss. I could hardly think."
Author: Kim Harrison
24. "In my mind, I saw a string stretching from Henry's heart at Quiet Waters to my heart. It was taut and it vibrated with Henry's worries and fears and I felt them all.Deeply. I felt them all."
Author: Laura Anderson Kurk
25. "The writing seemed like the books that held it; crumbly and antique and bearing the stink of centuries. Still, it was compelling. His voice was smooth and kind, and once in a while an observation that would ring so true it vibrated like flicked crystal."
Author: Lauren Groff
26. "Again, the Darkling shook his head. "You two make it so easy. I prick him, you bleed.""And you can't begin to understand that, can you?"He reached out and tapped Morozova's collar, letting his fingers graze the skin of my throat. Even that faint touch opened the connection between us, and a rush of power vibrated through me like a bell being struck."I understand enough," he said softly."
Author: Leigh Bardugo
27. "You have to say now that space is something. Space can vibrate, space can fluctuate, space can be quantum mechanical, but what the devil is it?"
Author: Leonard Susskind
28. "Positivity is like harmonics and patterns. Create positivity in your life, and allow it to interfere with more positivity. Allow that positivity to vibrate alongside more paths. The end result, is a beautiful day. However, why stop there? There is a reason that positivity parallels harmonics and patterns, so keep it going towards dream's end. If you feel like there isn't enough positivity in your life to get your day started, don't worry, I have plenty, so you can take some of mine. Infinity minus 1 is still infinity, so take some positivity from me, bathe in it, sing with it, and know that today, there is success within your value -- for you were able to wake up and treasure another day."
Author: Lionel Suggs
29. "Joe hid his grin. "A little grab-ass is not accosting." At the worst of times, Luna could amuse him. And now he finally had her where he wanted her. ...Her mesmerizing eyes shone with annoyance and disbelief. "I barely knew you, Joe. I brought you a sandwich, and half a minute later you had your hands all over me."Despite his aches and pains, the memory warmed Joe. Locking onto her gaze, he said in his defense, "You have that kind of bottom, honey. All round and soft." Her color deepened. "Of all the stupid, sexist--" "It's irresistible," Joe insisted, and meant it. "It begs for a man's hands. It--" There looked to be an explosion imminent, so Joe wisely let that go for now and instead distracted her. "And for your information, no. I didn't get beat up by a woman." He snorted. "How absurd is that?" "I dunno." Her body vibrated with tension. "I'm ready to beat you up."-Joe and Luna"
Author: Lori Foster
30. "The stupidity of gossipers is that they become frightened when they see your face, and a little word from your mouth makes them vibrate like an electrocuted criminal."
Author: Michael Bassey Johnson
31. "I would fall asleep with my face pressed into her fur, while her deep electrical purr vibrated softly against my cheek. They made me think of the seaside, and so I called her Ocean, and I could not have told you why."
Author: Neil Gaiman
32. "Come inside."Shelby tilted her head just enough to rest it briefly on his shoulder as they walked to the door. "I'm relying on your word that I'll walk out again in one piece at the end of the weekend."He only grinned. "I told you my stand on playing the mediator.""Thanks a lot." She glanced up at the door, noting the heavy brass crest that served as a door knocker. The MacGregor lion stared coolly at her with its Gaelic motto over its crowned head. "Your father isn't one to hide his light under a bushel,is he?""Let's just say he has a strong sense of family pride." Alan lifted the knocker, then let it fall heavily against the thick door. Shelby imagined the sound would vibrate into every nook and cranny in the house. "The Clan MacGregor," Alan began in a low rolling burr, "is one of the few permitted to use the crown in their crest.Good blood. Strong stock."
Author: Nora Roberts
33. "How shall I hold my soul that it may notBe touching yours? How shall I lift it thenAbove you to where other things are waiting?Ah, gladly would I lodge it, all forgot,With some lost thing the dark is isolatingOn some remote and silent spot that, whenYour depths vibrate, is not itself vibrating.You and me – all that lights upon us though,Brings us together like a fiddle bowDrawing one voice from two strings, it glides along.Across what instrument have we been spanned?And what violinist holds us in his hand?O sweetest song."
Author: Rainer Maria Rilke
34. "O, believe, as thou livest, that every sound that is spoken over the round world, which thou oughtest to hear, will vibrate on thine ear!"
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. "Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. "A great thunderstorm of sound gushed from the walls. Music bombarded him at such an immense volume that his bones were almost shaken from their tendons; he felt his jaw vibrate, his eyes wobble in his head."
Author: Ray Bradbury
37. "...playing with the Barbie-size keyboard on my new phone. Phones are like toys now. They fit in your pocket, light up and vibrate like joy buzzers. Plus, you can get-I mean, "access"-the Internet and find anything you want. Music. Maps. Porn. Anything. If cell phones came with a cigarette dispenser, they'd be the greatest stupid invention ever."
Author: Richard Kadrey
38. "We're connected, as women. It's like a spiderweb. If one part of that web vibrates, if there's trouble, we all know it, but most of the time we're just too scared, or selfish, or insecure to help. But if we don't help each other, who will?"
Author: Sarah Addison Allen
39. "The future vibrated with uncertainty. I had failed. I had ignorance. I had hope."
Author: Sean Ferrell
40. "(Unsure if she should laugh or groan, Astrid held fast to the tank before her as Zarek pushed the snowmachine to the limits. It vibrated so badly that she half-expected it to disintegrate underneath them.) Cap'n, I don't think she'll hold. The warp engines can't take any more. It's going to blow apart. (Astrid)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
41. "Pleasure suffused her and she snuggled deeper into his arms, her heart clenching when he tightened his hold on her. After a while his breathing slowed and his hold relaxed. Convinced he slept, she whispered, "You should have been my first." A small ache pinched her heart.His chest vibrated beneath her hand, sending a thrilling shiver up her spine as his deep voice rumbled through the air, "I'll be your last."
Author: Sophie Jordan
42. "Four laughs vibrate in harmony,WarmDeliciousReal."
Author: Stasia Ward Kehoe
43. "Occasionally, when I run into a great bass backstage at a festival I'll play a few notes on the low E string, just to feel the instrument vibrate against my belly."
Author: Steve Swallow
44. "As soon as I hear music, something in me starts to vibrate."
Author: Suzanne Farrell
45. "When I'm near you, the air around you vibrates with life, Beck Ryker."
Author: Tess Oliver
46. "Nice piano," I said. "Do you play?" "oh no, but Edwart does!" Eva Mullen said."A little," Edwart said sheepishly."Go ahead, play!" Eva said. She picked up the triangle that was lying on the piano and handed it to Edwart. He started banging on it. It sounded like construction work very early in the morning. "Whoops. I messed up. Let me start over," he said.He started banging again."Wait. Uh. I haven't practiced in a while. Let me start over."Edwart continued to bang the triangle. Eva closed her eyes and raised her arms, swaying rhythmically to Edwart's music. Edwart held the triangle up high, in what appeared to be a grand finish, but then he brought it down hard, hitting the top of the piano. He continued to bang the piano, putting the entire force of his slim body into each smash. The piano shook. The room vibrated. When he finished I subtly removed my hands from my ears. "I wrote that for you," Edwart murmured, drawing me close. "It's called Belle's Lullaby."
Author: The Harvard Lampoon
47. "Helicopters don't fly, they vibrate so badly the ground rejects them."
Author: Tom Clancy
48. "[The modern age] knows nothing about isolation and nothing about silence. In our quietest and loneliest hour the automatic ice-maker in the refrigerator will cluck and drop an ice cube, the automatic dishwasher will sigh through its changes, a plane will drone over, the nearest freeway will vibrate the air. Red and white lights will pass in the sky, lights will shine along highways and glance off windows. There is always a radio that can be turned to some all-night station, or a television set to turn artificial moonlight into the flickering images of the late show. We can put on a turntable whatever consolation we most respond to, Mozart or Copland or the Grateful Dead."
Author: Wallace Stegner
49. "Furniture is like that. Used and enjoyed as intended, it absorbs the experience and exudes it back into the atmosphere, but if simply bought for effect and left to languish in a corner, it vibrates with melancholy. Furnishings in museums... are as unspeakably tragic as the unvisited inmates of old folk's homes. The untuned violins and hardback books used to bring 'character' to postwar suburban pubs crouch uncomfortably in their imposed roles like caged pumas in a zoo. The stately kitchen that is never or rarely used to bring forth lavish feasts for appreciative audiences turns inward and cold."
Author: Will Wiles
50. "Many a night that summer she left Dr. Archie's office with a desire to run and run about those quiet streets until she wore out her shoes, or wore out the streets themselves; when her chest ached and it seemed as if her heart were spreading all over the desert. When she went home, it was not to go to sleep. She used to drag her mattress beside her low window and lie awake for a long while, vibrating with excitement, as a machine vibrates from speed. Life rushed in upon her through that window -- or so it seemed. In reality, of course, life rushes from within, not from without. There is no work of art so big or so beautiful that it was not once all contained in some youthful body, like this one which lay on the floor in the moonlight, pulsing with ardor and anticipation. It was on such nights that Thea Kronborg learned the thing that old Dumas meant when he told the Romanticists that to make a drama he needed but one passion and four walls."
Author: Willa Cather
Quotes About Vibrate Pictures