Famous Quotes About Vice Versa
Browse 126 famous quotes and sayings about Vice Versa.
Top Quotes About Vice Versa
1. "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Author: 11th Doctor
2. "When you've attained to your hidden within your apparent vice versa, know that you have reached Eternal Time, and Divine Presence. The Communion is in the Breath."
Author: AainaA Ridtz
3. "Be real and be unashamed, even of your faults. I do truly know what my husband is made of and vice versa."
Author: Amy Bloom
4. "Oftentimes we love the thing we hate and vice versa."
Author: Andres Serrano
5. "I never was very capable of expressing my feelings or emotions in words. I don't know whether this is the cause why I did it in music and also why I did it in painting. Or vice versa: That I had this way as an outlet. I could renounce expressing something in words."
Author: Arnold Schoenberg
6. "I heard a sermon admonishing people to practice more brotherly love, so I did. I'm still in jail. If I could only give young siblings today one piece of advice, it would be: ‘Don't turn loyalty into a culturally universal taboo. Just give lip service."
7. "Maiz which was well tasted, bak'd, dry'd and made into flour." In the same week, they saw some Taino Indians sticking cylinders of smoldering weed in their mouths, drawing smoke into their chests, and pronouncing the exercise satisfying. Columbus took some of this odd product home with him, too. And so began the process known to anthropologists as the Columbian Exchange—the transfer of foods and other materials from the New World to the Old World and vice versa."
Author: Bill Bryson
8. "Good pitching will always stop good hitting and vice-versa."
Author: Casey Stengel
9. "Sadly, the timing's never been right. There have been men who would have married me but I didn't feel the same, and vice versa."
Author: Cherie Lunghi
10. "Well, here he was. They could save each other, the way the poets promised lovers should. He was mystery, he was darkness, he was all she had dreamed of. And if she would only free him he would service her - oh yes - until her pleasure reached that threshold that, like all thresholds, was a place where the strong grew stronger, and the weak perished. Pleasure was pain there, and vice versa. And he knew it well enough to call it home."
Author: Clive Barker
11. "One can no more detach God's sovereign transcendence from his personhood, or vice versa, than one can safely detach one wing from an airplane and still expect it to fly."
Author: D.A. Carson
12. "Man will never understand woman and vice versa. We are oil and water. An equal level can never be maintained, as one will always excel where the other doesn't, and that breeds resentment."
Author: Dionne Warwick
13. "It is all about marketing; that is where the real craft comes in. The best actors do not necessarily become the biggest stars. And vice versa."
Author: Dirk Benedict
14. "It has been my experience that work on the screen clarifies stage portrayals and vice versa. You learn to make your face express more in making movies, and in working for the theater you have a sense of greater freedom."
Author: Fredric March
15. "What's fun for other people may not be fun for you- and vice versa."
Author: Gretchen Rubin
16. "It's better to have done because then you know what the player is going through and you understand the pressure, but then on the other hand I know a lot of people that were good players but not good coaches, and vice versa."
Author: Guy Forget
17. "I believe a great performer is someone who sounds just as great live as they do in the studio and vice versa. They should know how to work the stage."
Author: Haley Reinhart
18. "En este mundo no existe ni la bondad absoluta ni la maldad absoluta (...) El bien y el mal no son algo estático e inamovible, sino algo que siempre está cambiando de lugar y situación. La bondad puede convertirse al instante en maldad y viceversa. (...) Lo importante es preservar el equilibrio entre ese bien y ese mal en constante movimiento. Inclinándose demasiado por uno de los dos, resulta difícil mantener la moral de la vida real. Sí, el equilibrio en sí mismo es el bien."
Author: Haruki Murakami
19. "Daca pe lume nu exista bine absolut, nu exista nici rau absolut...Binele si raul nu sunt niste lucruri fixe si neclintite, ci isi schimba necontenit locul si pozitia. Un bine se poate transforma in clipa urmatoare intr-un rau si viceversa...Important este sa se mentina un echilibru intre cele doua. Daca balanta se inclina prea mult intr-o parte , e greu sa se mai poata pastra o moralitate. Echilibrul in sine e un lucru bun."
Author: Haruki Murakami
20. "I think Brits probably feel that Americans are more like us than vice-versa, if that makes sense. Because we get everything American over here in Britain, but yet there are things which are staunchly English that you guys don't have."
Author: Hayley Atwell
21. "Each of us has to find out for himself what is permitted and what is forbidden.. forbidden for him. It's possible for one never to transgress a single law and still be a bastard. And vice versa."
Author: Hermann Hesse
22. "I think PSP is going to be the most successful handheld entertainment device ever. What it will do in terms of the versatility, obviously you can download music to it, and you'll be able to enjoy all your great tunes on it."
Author: Ian Jackson
23. "[L]ove ought to manifest itself in deeds rather than in words.... love consists in a mutual sharing of goods, for example, the lover gives and shares with the beloved what he possesses, or something of that which he has or is able to give; and vice versa, the beloved shares with the lover. Hence, if one has knowledge, he shares it with the one who does not possess it; and so also if one has honors, or riches. Thus, one always gives to the other."
Author: Ignatius Of Loyola
24. "Technology, we find, amplifies behaviours. If you want to be anti-social, technology allows you to be. And vice versa."
Author: Jan Chipchase
25. "It is precisely, if paradoxically, because reversal is in the service of repetition (so as to ensure, alongside its companion strategies, a dizzying proliferation of citations) that it gains a subversive power rather than remain a mere dependent (and thus conservative) form of social discourse. Reversal plays a double role in this novel (MONSIEUR VENUS), for it is not only a formal strategy bearing on citation, but itself a citation as well; one more cliché mobilized from the fin-de-siecle reserve."
Author: Janet Beizer
26. "She does not want to feel even the faintest temptation to call his mobile number, as she had done obsessively for the first year after his death so she could hear his voice on the answering service. Most days now his loss is a part of her, an awkward weight she carries around, invisible to everyone else, subtly altering the way she moves through the day. But today, the Anniversary of the day he died, is a day when all bets are off."
Author: Jojo Moyes
27. "There are some that criticize and insult because they feel my views of how we should treat one another are too conservative. Others try to attack me for being too liberal. As for me, I don't take it personally... It just means I am doing something right. For... I don't stand for any political party nor am I interested in politics. I care about Constitutional, Civil and Human rights. I care about my fellow brothers and sisters. Depression is anger turned inward... and vice-a-versa."
Author: José N. Harris
28. "Being an editor doesn't make you a better writer - or vice versa. The worst thing any editor can do is be in competition with his writer."
Author: Joseph Kanon
29. "Are we, like, having a conversation?""Did you just, like, ask me for advice and listen with an open mind? If so, then yes, I would call this a conversation"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
30. "The spiritual energy of our time, as I've come to understand it, is not a rejection of the rational disciplines by which we've ordered our common life for many decades - law, politics, economics, science. It is, rather, a realization that these disciplines have a limited scope. They can't ask ultimate questions...they don't begin to tell us how to order our astonishments, what matters in life, what matters in a death, how to love, how we can be of service to each other. These are the kinds of questions religion arose to address and religions traditions are keepers of conversation across generations about them."
Author: Krista Tippett
31. "I shiver, thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people-to see one tiny part of them and confuse it for the whole, to see the cause and think it's the effect or vice versa"
Author: Lauren Oliver
32. "[...] Tess and I are a good match. She understands intimately where I came from. She can cheer me up on my darkest days. It's as if she came perfectly happy home instead of what Kaede just told me. I feel a relaxing warmth at the thought, realizing suddenly how much I'm anticipating meeting up with Tess again. Where she goes, I go, and vice versa. Peas in a pod.Then there's June.Even the thought of her name makes it hard for me to breathe. I'm almost embarrassed by my reaction. Are June and I a good match? No. It's the first word to pop into my mind.And yet, still."
Author: Marie Lu
33. "The easier a thing is to write then the more the writer gets paid for writing it. (And vice versa: ask the poets at the bus stop.)"
Author: Martin Amis
34. "Of course we will send postcards to Nutsawoo. And we shall bring him back a present as well. In fact,' she went on, with the instinctive knack every good governess has for turning something enjoyable into a lesson, and vice versa, 'I will expect all three of you to practice your writing by keeping a journal of our trip so that Nutsawoo may know how we spend our days. Why, by the time we return, he will think he has been to London himself! He will be the envy of all his little squirrel friends,' she declared.Penelope had no way of knowing if this last statement was true. Could squirrels feel envy? Would they give two figs about London? Did Nutsawoo even have friends?"
Author: Maryrose Wood
35. "[Government] regulation is an imperfect substitute for the accountability, and trust, built into a market in which food producers meet the gaze of eaters and vice versa."
Author: Michael Pollan
36. "We must uncover our rituals for what they are: completely arbitrary things, tied to our bourgeois way of life; it isgood-and that is the real theater-totranscend them in the manner of play, bymeans of games and irony; it is good to be dirty and bearded, to have long hair,to look like a girl when one is a boy (and vice versa); one must put "inplay," show up, transform and reversethe systems which quietly order us about."
Author: Michel Foucault
37. "Where the state begins, individual liberty ceases, and vice versa."
Author: Mikhail Bakunin
38. "I call my life a beautiful mess and organised chaos. It's just always been like that. My entire life things have been attracted to me and vice versa that turn into chaotic nightmares or I create the chaos myself."
Author: Mindy McCready
39. "SOLIDAO, LONELINESS.What is it that we call loneliness. It can't simply be the absence of others, you can be alone and not lonely, and you can be among people and yet be lonely. So what is it? ... it isn't only that others are there, that they fill up the space next to us. But even when they celebrate us or give advice in a friendly conversation, clever, sensitive advice: even then we can be lonely. So loneliness is not something simply connected with the presence of others or with what they do. Then what? What on earth?"
Author: Pascal Mercier
40. "Learning is the first quality of acceptance and vice versa"
41. "What is good for you is not necessarily good for the company, and vice versa."
Author: Sandra Lerner
42. "When Roosevelt came along, I approved of his program, generally. I figured an economic system should work for people, not vice versa."
Author: Sargent Shriver
43. "Men are biological. Women are biological. We pretend our minds are in control, but that's a very tenuous control at best, and a civilized society can't be built on uncontrolled biology. I see it in my work: intelligence betrayed by lust, by jealousy, by macho ownership; otherwise trustworthy men who can't be trusted at all around women, or vice versa. Hell, look at Congress. Well-intentioned, progressive, admired law-makers who end up losing it all because they can't control how they react to women! And I certainly don't trust most women around men"
Author: Sheri S. Tepper
44. "People respond well to managers who stop being bosses and start being leaders. They go the extra mile if they genuinely believe that your success is their success and vice versa."
Author: Tim Fargo
45. "Oh God, are there so many of them in our land! Students who can't be happy until they've graduated, servicemen who can't be happy until they are discharged, single folks who can't be happy until they've found a mate, workers who can't be happy until they've retired, adolescents who aren't happy until they're grown, ill people who aren't happy until they're well, failures who aren't happy until they succeed, restless who can't wait until they get out of town, and in most cases, vice versa, people waiting, waiting for the world to begin."
Author: Tom Robbins
46. "Thus was their relationship born on the swift kiss of a pun. Neither suspected what the other would become to each of them. Like phrases running wild in the Logos, they knew neither who nor by what mechanism nor for what reason they were whistled for (if they understood that they were whistled for at all). They were simply compelled to come together. Sophia was the question, and Blip was the answer. And vice versa."
Author: Tony Vigorito
47. "It felt like we were reliving the first day of the school year, when students and teachers do the get-to-know-you dance—teachers tell students something about who they are, students pretend to care, and then vice-versa."
Author: Tucker Elliot
48. "Shall I not render a service to men in speaking to them only of morality? This morality is so pure, so holy, so universal, so clear, so ancient, that it seems to come from God himself, like the light which we regard as the first of his works. Has he not given men self-love to secure their preservation; benevolence, beneficence, and virtue to control their self-love; the natural need to form a society; pleasure to enjoy, pain to warn us to enjoy in moderation, passions to spur us to great deeds, and wisdom to curb our passions?"
49. "It will be undertaken, of course, in the June or July summit, and then to bring NATO closer to Russia or vice versa is a way to move toward integration - toward the integration of Europe."
Author: Warren Christopher
50. "We have to keep asserting that people committ crimes not because they come from so-called deprived backgrounds, but because they're wicked. The statistics showing that only .00137% of all crimes of senseless violence are carried out by stockbrokers from Sunningdale prove only that folk are stockbrokers because they have a sense of right and wrong - not vice versa."
Author: William Donaldson
Quotes About Vice Versa Pictures