Famous Quotes About Wanting A Certain Someone
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Wanting A Certain Someone.
Top Quotes About Wanting A Certain Someone
1. "I resist when someone calls me a novelist: it implies some kind of inherent superiority of the novel. I'm not a novelist, I'm a writer."
Author: Aleksandar Hemon
2. "I think the root of embarrassment is feeling totally misunderstood, wanting to explain yourself over and over but knowing that you won't make much sense to anyone even if you do."
Author: Alice Ozma
3. "A guy who bends the elbow should not give someone the elbow."
Author: Anyaele Sam Chiyson
4. "When someone steals another's clothes, we call them a thief. Should we not give the same name to one who could clothe the naked and does not? The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry; the coat unused in your closet belongs to the one who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the one who has no shoes; the money which you hoard up belongs to the poor."
Author: Basil The Great
5. "Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place."
Author: Cormac McCarthy
6. "Doing things for someone else is what I love most about relationships, even more than having stuff done for me."
Author: Daria Snadowsky
7. "I'm a little commitment phobic, in that I've always been someone who likes to take things one year at a time because as we all know, a year can change everything in your life."
Author: Debra Messing
8. "To call someone a Christian simply because he does some Christian-y things is giving false comfort to the unsaved."
Author: Francis Chan
9. "I just feel such a connection to the little kids in Naples. I remember being on the street wanting a small piece of candy."
Author: Giuliana Rancic
10. "Yeah, and I honestly don't hold it against you anymore. Ben's an amazing guy, and I bet losing someone like that hurt pretty damn bad. You both paid for what happened, which is a shame, because love shouldn't have a price."
Author: Jay Bell
11. "They wished that someone would look at them like Bo looks at me, with unrestrained pride and love."
Author: Jen Frederick
12. "I consider books to be good for our health, and also our spirits, and they help us to become poets or scientists, to understand the stars or else to discover them deep within the aspirations of certain characters, those who sometimes, on certain evenings, escape from the pages and walk among us humans, perhaps the most human of us all."
Author: José Saramago
13. "I did what I thought was best.'"And so you kidnapped me,' she said bitterly.'If you recall I offered you the option of residing with my relatives. You refused.''I want to be independent.''One doesn't have to be alone to be independent.'Victoria couldn't think of a suitable rebuttal to that statement, so she remained silent. 'When I marry you,' Robert said softly, 'I want it to be a partnership in every sense of the word. I want to consult you on matters of land management and tenant care. I want us to decide together how to raise our children. I don't know why you are so certain that loving me means losing yourself."
Author: Julia Quinn
14. "Our nights are different. She falls asleep like someone yielding to the gentle tug of a warm tide, and floats with confidence till morning. I fall asleep more grudgingly, thrashing at the waves, either reluctant to let a good day depart or still bitching about a bad one. Different currents run through our spells of unconsciousness."
Author: Julian Barnes
15. "You really know when people are lying?"He nodded."Prove it.""Got a boyfriend?""No.""Is there a man you're interested in?""No.""You're lying."I stiffened. "I am not.""Yes, you are. He may not be a boyfriend but there's someone you're interested in enough that you're thinking about having sex with him."I glared. "I am not. And you can't possibly know that."He shrugged. "Sorry, Mac, I hear the truth even when the person isn't admitting it to themselves." One dark brow lifted. "I don't suppose it might be me?"I blushed. He'd just made me think it. Us. Naked. Wow. I was a perfectly healthy woman, and he was a gorgeous man. "No," I said, embarrassed.He laughed, gold eyes glittering. "Lie. A whopper. Gotta love that. Have I told you I'm a big believer in fulfilling a woman's fantasies?"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
16. "A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky."
Author: Kenko Yoshida
17. "I already hated that gray suit and then having to go through putting on that wig with a false front - again made me feel so trapped inside this person who was desperately wanting to break out of it but she was so caught up in the web of deception that she couldn't."
Author: Kim Novak
18. "God, why do I bother trying to help you? It's not like you appreciate it. It's not like the word ‘thanks' is in your vocabulary. It's like you're not capable of being nice to someone you decided to despise when you were six-years-old. Sure, about twelve years have passed, but what's time compared to your rock-headed mind? - Tran"
Author: Krista Alasti
19. "You learned that it was easy frighteningly easy to get lost in someone else's life accommodating him and stop being yourself. You learned to be wary about falling in love. And you learned that someone who loved you could stop loving you for some dark reason and even though that was bruising you were more resilient than you knew. Eventually you would get over it more or less."
Author: Laura Fraser
20. "It is useless for me to describe to you how terrible Violet, Klaus, and even Sunny felt in the time that followed. If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels, and if you haven't, you cannot possibly imagine it."
Author: Lemony Snicket
21. "Wisdom needs no violence...As it is we have played at war – that's what's vile! We play at magnanimity and all that stuff. Such magnanimity and sensibility are like the magnanimity and sensibility of a lady who faints when she sees a calf being killed: she is so kindhearted that she can't look at blood, but enjoys eating the calf served up with sauce…If there was none of this magnanimity in war, we should go to war only when it was worth while going to certain death, as it is now. Then there would not be war because Paul Ivanovich had offended Michael Ivanovich."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
22. "It's queer how the thing what attracted you to someone is the same as what you come to despise about them"
Author: Lionel Shriver
23. "The present level of armaments could be taken as the starting point. It could be stipulated in an international treaty that these armaments should be simultaneously and uniformly reduced by a certain proportion in all countries."
Author: Ludwig Quidde
24. "Our fingers unlace so slowly that I am certain some part of me has been left behind on her fingertips."
Author: Mary E. Pearson
25. "The thing about democracy, beloveds, is that it is not neat, orderly, or quiet. It requires a certain relish for confusion."
Author: Molly Ivins
26. "What makes art Christian art? Is it simply Christian artists painting biblical subjects like Jeremiah? Or, by attaching a halo, does that suddenly make something Christian art? Must the artist's subject be religious to be Christian? I don't think so. There is a certain sense in which art is its own justification. If art is good art, if it is true art, if it is beautiful art, then it is bearing witness to the Author of the good, the true, and the beautiful"
Author: R.C. Sproul
27. "Thinking of someone else is what got me damned. It's a mistake I don't want to repeat. (Xypher)You know sometimes it's by repeating our mistakes that we realize what went wrong the first time. Knowing that, we're able to fix the mistake and move past it. (Acheron)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
28. "If truth and moral values are relative, one cannot claim that certain human rights are universally applicable to all cultures and all people."
Author: Stephen McAndrew
29. "Looks like someone had a mood swing." She rolls her eyes. "Like you don't want toknow what his fears are. He acts so tough that he's probably afraid of marshmallowsand really bright sunrises or something."
Author: Veronica Roth
Quotes About Wanting A Certain Someone Pictures