Famous Quotes About Wanting To Be Alone For Awhile
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Wanting To Be Alone For Awhile.
Top Quotes About Wanting To Be Alone For Awhile
1. "Roberto is a man, and they always said it and I never believed it, but it's true - a man is forgiven. The girl is always at fault. Forever married. People say, 'Roberto did the right thing.' But that's not what they say about me. I'll never be able to make this right. Never. But Roberto already has. He married me, so his debt is cleared."
Author: Adriana Trigiani
2. "A distant love that waits to be together, is by far the most difficult relationship. It's like lighting a candle, and adoring the long flame and robust glow. Until time sets in like wax, overflowing deeper and deeper into the wick, leaving a sparse flame struggling to live. This is where most distant relationships fade, with the wax smothering the flame. This kind of relationship takes patience, hope, unconditional love, trust and strength, all centered around God. If the flame endures to the end, and the two come together, only then will it feel as if the candle was tipped and all the wax came pouring out, when the flame is revived, long and glowing again."
Author: Anthony Liccione
3. "Instead of becoming an engineer like my brother, I moved to New York to be an actor."
Author: Anthony Mackie
4. "The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours."
Author: Ayn Rand
5. "The liberal left can be as rigid and destructive as any force in American life."
Author: Daniel Patrick Moynihan
6. "I suppose each of us has his own fantasy of how he wants to die. I would like to go out in a blaze of glory, myself, or maybe simply disappear someday, far out in the heart of the wilderness I love, all by myself, alone with the Universe and whatever God may happen to be looking on. Disappear - and never return. That's my fantasy."
Author: Edward Abbey
7. "Sidheag could be quite crass, the result of having been raised by men, or Scots, or soldiers, or werewolves, or all four."
Author: Gail Carriger
8. "Just do what must be done. This may not be happiness, but it is greatness."
Author: George Bernard Shaw
9. "We cannot speak a loyal word and be meanly silent, we cannot kill and not kill in the same moment; but a moment is room wide enough for the loyal and mean desire, for the outlash of a murderous thought and the sharp bakcward stroke of repetance."
Author: George Eliot
10. "Again, like I said, we're not trying to censor anyone. If you think drugs are cool, fine. Make that movie. We are not going to stop you, or try to stop you, but we would encourage other people to be a bit more responsible about their portrayal of drug usage."
Author: Gerald McRaney
11. "Murder was so trivial in the stories Harold loved. Dead bodies were plot points, puzzles to be reasoned out. They weren't brothers. Plot points didn't leave behind grieving sisters who couldn't find their shoes."
Author: Graham Moore
12. "A city may be dirty on the outside but is clean on the inside. Many cities in the world are clean on the outside but dirty on the inside."
Author: Gregory David Roberts
13. "Then your tail will divide and shrink until it becomes what the people on earth call a pair of shapely legs. But it will hurt; it will feel as if a sharp sword slashed through you. Everyone who sees you will say that you are the most graceful human being they have ever laid eyes on, for you will keep your gliding movement and no dancer will be able to tread as lightly as you. But every step you take will feel as if you were treading upon knife blades so sharp that blood must flow. I am willing to help you, but are you willing to suffer all this?""Yes," the little mermaid said in a trembling voice, as she thought of the Prince and of gaining a human soul."
Author: Hans Christian Andersen
14. "I don't see why we need to stand by and watch a country go communist due to the irresponsibility of its people. The issues are much too important for the Chilean voters to be left to decide for themselves."
Author: Henry A. Kissinger
15. "These people who can see right through you never quite do you justice, because they never give you credit for the effort you're making to be better than you actually are, which is difficult and well meant and deserving of some little notice."
Author: Marilynne Robinson
16. "This was the plan: we would take a holy and sacred picture of the King of Rock ‘n' Roll, Elvis Presley, to the very summit of the earth; once there, we would place it with sincere reverence amongst the chimerical shimmering palaces of ice and snow and then (accompanied by some weird Zen magic) we would light joss sticks, dance about making screechy kung-fu noises, get off our faces, and that would be it: Planet Earth saved. Simple."
Author: Mark Manning
17. "We cry in our own rooms, remembering a man who will never be here again.The house creaks. Maybe it feels the weight of our grief, maybe the floorboards are buckling because the burden is too heavy."
Author: Rochelle Maya Callen
18. "They held me and told me everything would be fine, that sadness would rise from our bones and evaporate in sunlight the way morning fog burned off the river in summer. My mother rubbed the kites on my hands and arms and told me to think of my lungs as balloons.I just want to feel safe, I said."
Author: Shane Jones
19. "You couldn't be satisfied with being an amateur asshole, could you, Jimbo! You had to go and turn pro on me!"
Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
20. "When you work on a Jerry Bruckheimer film, you can be sure of two things: no production value will be spared, and the catering will be as fine as any really really good restaurant. Jerry is an amazing producer, with a commitment to his films second to none."
Author: William Fichtner
21. "I tap danced for ten years before I began to understand people don't make musicals anymore. All I wanted to do was be at MGM working for Arthur Freed or Gene Kelly or Vincent Minelli. Historical and geographical constraints made this impossible. Slowly but surely the pen became mightier than the double pick-up time step with shuffle."
Author: Zadie Smith
Quotes About Wanting To Be Alone For Awhile Pictures